Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #1036
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Flu shot

Yikes. I just saw the news today that the flu is expected to be bad this year. I ran out to get my flu shot today. Totally forgot to put that on my "to do" list before the cruise. Now I just have to pack. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #1037
Liz Arjay
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Arjay View Post
I agree! How do you do it all?

I would like a half marathon certificate please!

Liz
Oh - sounds like you may have closed the group for certificates by the time I saw your post. No worries - as Jeff said I can right click, save and do my own, I think. I love the design! And very inspiring to have a distance goal. Thanks!

Yesterday, DH and I spent a Magical afternoon and evening at Epcot. DD sang in two of the Candlelight Processional shows. Perfect weather. Light crowds, glorious holiday music. Perfection. The decorations were beautiful. Will post a photo on the Facebook page - not sure how to do it here.

Liz
Liz Arjay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #1038
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Oh - sounds like you may have closed the group for certificates by the time I saw your post. No worries - as Jeff said I can right click, save and do my own, I think. I love the design! And very inspiring to have a distance goal. Thanks!

Yesterday, DH and I spent a Magical afternoon and evening at Epcot. DD sang in two of the Candlelight Processional shows. Perfect weather. Light crowds, glorious holiday music. Perfection. The decorations were beautiful. Will post a photo on the Facebook page - not sure how to do it here.

Liz
If you post it on Facebook, you can right click on it and select "Copy Link Location" and then post it in the forum here by clicking on the "Insert Image" icon and then pasting in the URL from Facebook. Not all the folks here are on the Facebook group.

I printed out 15 copies of the log and each certificate. I added a line on the certificates so folks (or Emily) can write in the recipient's name after they turn in their log.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #1039
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Duffy!?! Doh! He is NOT the Disney bear.

(can you tell I'm a Pooh bear fan?)
I agree, he's Mickey's Bear. Since Minnie made him for Mickey to take with him on his long voyages, we take him with us when we sail. Last year he ran off and got lost on the Wonder and spent a day at guest services before we claimed him. Boy was he mad. The girls had to buy him a new Poncho to make up for it.

Pooh is definitely the original Disney Bear. Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Cathy

Last edited by So Cal Crew; 12-03-2012 at 07:34 PM.
So Cal Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #1040
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew View Post
Poor baby Dimples. I guess she'll just have to wait unitl next time. Duffy is going to miss her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
What?? No Dimples on the ship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
I read it as the tiara belonging to Dimples did not make the packing list.
You are correct. The Tiara belonging to Dimples did not make the packing list. (Was my apostrophe misplaced?) I never fly without my security blan - er ah BEAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decked out View Post
Quote:
Just pulled out one suitcase to put in the FE gifts, ornaments, etc. and found a whole carryon full of FE gifts from the last trip that we never unpacked!
Best. Disboard. Post. Ever! :yay :
Better hope the tag fairy doesn't see that one.

Quote:

Liz
Oh, I'll bet that was wonderful! I'll look forward to the photo.

I found a distraction to keep me off the computer for an hour - Remember Dewey, the library cat?

Sleep well. Tomorrow, we're another day closer!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #1041
mouse66
Earning My Ears

relaxing

We started our vacation yesterday arriving in LA

Loved. In and Out. Burgers worth the stop for great cheap fast food

In San Diego old town eating Mexican after a day at seaworld.

I fogot the my pal mickeys and a few otbher things. Alreay went to target.

We cant wait for the cruise to see everyone.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #1042
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyar
Ok, here's who's on my list so far:

Susan (Jeff Spencer)
Jamie (Hedgerow)
Jennifer (Pharmjenn)
Liz (Liz Arjay)
Sherry (Skayrobe)
Carol (CJGRDMS)
Beth (Beth C)
Mary Lou (MaryLou1962)
Audre (4everluvDisney)
LindaBabe
Me.

4 pm, Thursday, December 20th (Day 12).

As of right now we're still in 7003, which may be snug, but doable with this many people. I'm hoping to upgrade so that we'll be in a bigger stateroom. I've packed a fun treat or two, so don't forget your champagne bottles (if you're drinking) and your tiaras! See you then!

All are invited if you'd like to join us. I'll be in my formalwear, but you can dress as you please. At least, I hope I'll be in my formalwear, as it may not fit by then!

See you soon ladies!
m
I'm not sure if the Beth C on your list is me or someone else, but I shouldn't be on the list.

Thanks!

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #1043
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe

I'm glad somebody does! The closer we get the more anxious I become and the more I want to stay home! I have to keep telling myself it's going to be fine. It's going to be fine.
I'm the same way. I'm always sure that the worst will happen, I'll miss the plane, I'll be seasick or get norovirus (I've had both on the same cruise, but that didn't stop me from cruising again LOL!!!) and all the other things that can happen. Once I'm finally on the ship I know I'll be just fine.

Tomorrow I plan to decorate the Christmas tree and finish the second ornament for the exchange, Wednesday and Thursday I'll get the packing finished, and Friday I'll come home and take a nap since we have to leave the house around 3:15 AM. I'm hoping to sleep in the car on the way to the airport, and sleep most of the flight. This way I should be awake when we get to LA!

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 12-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #1044
disneyrick
Cruizin 4 Platinum

Does any of the California folks know if there is somewhere within walking distance of the port to pick up some diet Pepsi

Walt Disney World - Oct 99, Pop Century Dec 03 First Guests, Sept 05, Sept 06 , Sept 07, Feb 08, Dec 10, Oct 13, Nov 13, Dec 13 Saratoga Springs - Dec 10 Polynesian - Oct 02, Boardwalk Villas - Dec 03, Dec 05, Dec 11, All Star Movies - Oct 01, All Star Sports - Dec 03, Port Orleans FQ - Aug 12, Art of Animation Lion King Suite - Aug 12 First Guests,
disneyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #1045
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerow View Post
Challenge accepted!
Girl after my own heart!!
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:05 AM   #1046
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Time would certainly pass more quickly if I could actually SLEEP. No wonder I run out of things to do when the day starts at 3 am !

Dimples has decided she is sleeping in the roll on the night before. She's afraid she'll get left behind.

I'm trying to figure out how, with so few clothes, I ended up with two HUGE suitcases weighing 47 pounds each. and I'm not even doing FEs. What can I leave at home?

Quote:
I'm always sure that the worst will happen, I'll miss the plane, I'll be seasick or get norovirus
That would be me! I'm going to miss DH. TSA has me freaked. I might oversleep (Like that's ever going to happen). Can I handle my luggage if there's not a sky cap? Fortunately I solved the "miss my connection" issue by opting to stay on the original plane which goes to the same destination but has two stops, instead of changing to a plane at the first stop that then flys direct, but there's still plenty to stress about.

I discovered the Red Trolley in San Pedro is free on Friday the 7th, and something about a special fountain show.

DisneyRick, I don't see a place to walk to, to find Pepsi. Where are you staying, and how are you getting to port?

Happy Day, all!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #1047
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse66 View Post
We started our vacation yesterday arriving in LA

Loved. In and Out. Burgers worth the stop for great cheap fast food

In San Diego old town eating Mexican after a day at seaworld.

I fogot the my pal mickeys and a few otbher things. Alreay went to target.

We cant wait for the cruise to see everyone.
In 'N Out - a California original!
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #1048
decked out
Pirate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
Good Morning Fellow Cruisers,
We set sail in 1 week,
that is 7 sleeps!

Did you know?
That we are all going to have wonderful new adventures.
Every day, there will be something new that each one of us will learn.
Relax and have fun.
See ya real soon!

Hey! It's a hidden Donald!

01/29/09 Wonder 3-Night Bahamas; 03/28/09 Magic 7-Night Eastern Caribbean; 12/18/10 Magic 11-Night Southern Caribbean Holiday ; 09/01/11 Dream 3-Night Bahamas; 01/19/12 Dream 3-Night Bahamas; 12/9/12 Wonder 14-Night Panama Canal; 4/8/13 Wonder 5-Night Western Caribbean; 1/17/14 Magic 3-Night Bahamas; 5/16/14 Magic 3-Night Bahamas
decked out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #1049
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

I can not wait to smell the ocean! I am currently sitting in our Washington DC field office which is located on the Blue Plains Wastewater Treatment Plant, which is the largest wastewater treatment plant in the world! After working here and at the landfill, I am looking forward to the nice smell of the sea!

Hoping to finally meet my best friend's baby tonight!
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #1050
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

I'm trying to figure out how, with so few clothes, I ended up with two HUGE suitcases weighing 47 pounds each. and I'm not even doing FEs. What can I leave at home?

Happy Day, all!
Thank you for this! We have four people, two big suitcases under 50#, a small duffle bag and a carry on (filled with FE's). Still, I keep looking to get rid of things, and not take them, but it's getting harder and harder to thin the herd!
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: