Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #91
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylovebirds View Post
Do we need to sign up anywhere for the Xmas ornament exchange? or just show up?
I was trying to keep a sign up to get a general idea of a number of people attending and I had planned on a "surprise" for everyone. The number of people attending is huge, it is going to be a great time with everyone! and hopefully everyone will be comfortable enough to socalize (and if not maybe we can get some drinks flowing! Do they have some hard egg nog on the ship?) The surprise might be one per cabin now!

If you are doing the exchange and are not on the FE list, could you please PM me your Cabin # so the surprise can be delivered.

Thanks
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #92
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Finally got my pre-boarding LA hotel and rental car booked today. I tell you... I am slacking. I'm not usually this far behind in planning.

Still need to figure out how to get to the port from LA though. I have a note into my TA asking if I can still add the DCL transfers from LAX. According to the DCL website, those needed to be added at least 75 days prior to sailing... oops. If not, wave as you drive by the woman hitchhiking down the 405 Sunday morning.

Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #93
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
Does anyone have any 1-2" ornament patterns they would be willing to share to use on the Christmas tree WVUrunner has graciously offered to share? My time is so tight right now with our move to a new town that I don't have time to hunt for some, so I'd be grateful if someone has already done the footwork and I can just print them out and add magnets to the back. PM me if you can help and I'll send my email address. Thanks!
I just copied and pasted the graphics/pics from Jeff's website and sized to 1-2" I have yet to print and laminate/magnet them but there is soooooooo much to do before the cruise so they fell to the back burner.

magicmaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #94
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
Getting caught up after a weekend away. We survived DD's big party. Laser tag was a huge hit but not so kind to our wallet. How many DoD or excursion would $1200 have bought us?

We were prepared to stay up late for DD's first sleepover party too but the girls all pooped out around 11 pm thanks to the laser tag games. And they all slept through the night and no one cried wanting to go home! That was a big relief! DH was sent out at 9 pm for nail polish remover which was pretty funny.

What's BBC?

I can vouch for that!

Is anyone here like me who still check the website once a week to see if we get our room assignment even knowing that the IGTs are not assigned until 1-2 weeks prior to the cruise?
Wow, lucky you with the 11 pm sleep time! I think at about 1:00 the boys decided to play pool (which is right below our bedroom), so we just kept hearing the smack from the cue to the ball!

And as far as checking the website once a week...ummm, try about every other day! It is so hard not too check! I keep hoping for a surprise.
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #95
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
Wow! I never knew this! Thanks for sharing!
That is why I love these boards...I have learned so much and like to give back...glad to help out!
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #96
hedgerow
Adventure Keeps Calling My Name!

Moving right along with the planning here. I ordered DD the most beautiful dress for the princess night. We may even have to buy her some little heels to go with it. I also just booked our transport from LAX to the port. I got tired of waiting for our TA to book Disney transfers for us. So towncar it is! Just need to decide what to do from Miami to FLL. Our flight is not until 6:40 so not sure what to do. I am leaning toward renting a car on way and doing a little sightseeing. Any suggestions?

Been there done that? Maybebut I wanna do it again!
hedgerow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #97
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
Finally got my pre-boarding LA hotel and rental car booked today. I tell you... I am slacking. I'm not usually this far behind in planning.

Still need to figure out how to get to the port from LA though. I have a note into my TA asking if I can still add the DCL transfers from LAX. According to the DCL website, those needed to be added at least 75 days prior to sailing... oops. If not, wave as you drive by the woman hitchhiking down the 405 Sunday morning.
Karmel Shuttle https://karmel.com/reservations may well be less expensive.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #98
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Transfers to the port

We are leaning towards Karmel to get us to the port. Do you want to hook up as they said when we book there could be 1 stop. We are staying at Disney's Grand California and we could plan to stop to pick you up. We are planning on a pick-up time of 8 am so we can get to the port early. Where are you staying? Do you think this is doable. If you would like to pm me please feel free.
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #99
Liz Arjay
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dededisney View Post
That is why I love these boards...I have learned so much and like to give back...glad to help out!
Anyone have tips for avoiding change penalties on Delta? We booked our flight with points, but now want to go 2 days earlier when the flights are HALF as expensive, but Delta wants $150 each in change fees! You would think they would be happy for us to move to a cheaper flight. Found out a friend is having a USMC retirement ceremony in San Diego and want to attend. But not sure it is worth $300.

Jeff, the name tags look fantastic!

Liz
Liz Arjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #100
jsails
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
We are leaning towards Karmel to get us to the port. Do you want to hook up as they said when we book there could be 1 stop. We are staying at Disney's Grand California and we could plan to stop to pick you up. We are planning on a pick-up time of 8 am so we can get to the port early. Where are you staying? Do you think this is doable. If you would like to pm me please feel free.
You will be early....only took us 30 minutes to get there from Paradise Pier in December!
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #101
Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
I'll actually be staying up in LA until the morning of the cruise. I lived there for 5 years until last September, so I'm going to use the time to hook up with some friends, do some shopping, and visit some favorite restaurants. It's kind of weird to be "visiting" the place that was home for so long.

I looked at Karmel and it's showing $29.50 for one person in a shared van from LAX to the port. The DCL site shows $30 for LAX to port. So, at least Disney is keeping it competitive.

As a matter of interest, the DCL site is showing $20 for the transfer from port to MIA... which makes sense... shorter drive.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #102
Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Arjay View Post
Anyone have tips for avoiding change penalties on Delta? We booked our flight with points, but now want to go 2 days earlier when the flights are HALF as expensive, but Delta wants $150 each in change fees! You would think they would be happy for us to move to a cheaper flight. Found out a friend is having a USMC retirement ceremony in San Diego and want to attend. But not sure it is worth $300.

Jeff, the name tags look fantastic!

Liz
Hmm... I thought you had up until a certain time (14 days maybe?) to cancel with no fee. This may have recently changed, but I'm not for sure. If that's the case, it might make sense to cancel the previous flights, get the points redeposited, then book the new flights. The danger, of course, is that the flights you want might end up being blacked out for award travel before you get them booked.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #103
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Spending my last day in my 20s working a 12 hour shift at a landfill for FEMA checking dump trucks for hazardous materals/waste in the rainy cold weather I also will be spending my firts day in my 30s doing the same thing. On the brightside, at least I am not working the overnight shift (yet)
HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!! But I could definitely think of better ways to spend it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
We got a one day park hopper. I have a feeling this will be our only chance to see both parks so we might be killing ourselves for the one day but we can relax on the cruise, right? Disneyland is open for 16 hours, we plan on being there for everyone of those hours! My friend put together a touring plan for us and we were reviewing it in the car with him on the phone over bluetooth. Nephew was in the backseat and said" Jon-you didn't leave anytime for bathroom breaks!" Jon replied with "Kid-you only got one day at DLR, hold your pee, as you can see, I didn't add time in for beverage consumption, that will help and there are plenty of bathrooms on the cruise and you will have 14 days to use those!" Luke replied with, "Mommy and Aunt Emily aren't going to like that plan, they need their coffee! We had a good laugh. Jon always jokes with the kids when we are in WDW that they take to many bathroom breaks.
Of course, this doesn't account for the proposal....
Ok, you are way more prepared than I am (and you always make me laugh!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
it is possible to do both parks at DL in a day but if this is your first time then I wouldn't try and do it! I assume you are going on Sat Dec 8, which is probably fairly busy too as its a couple of weekends before Xmas. I did the two parks in one day mid-November mid-week, and this was... Four years ago? Before they put Toy Story Mania in at DCA, anyway.
No, we're going on Friday, but I'm sure it will still be packed (esp. with all the cruisers in town ). DH, DD and I have always opened and closed the parks. We like to see and do as much as possible wherever we go; however, my feet may not cooperate! (not as young as I used to be ). So, it may just be DD Jess hitting DCA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
Is anyone here like me who still check the website once a week to see if we get our room assignment even knowing that the IGTs are not assigned until 1-2 weeks prior to the cruise?
DH checks every day ...you never know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Thanks for the input on the name tags. I'm going to add "EBPC Cruise" or something like that and the date so they're identifiable to our cruise. By the way, they look much better (brighter/vibrant) than the pictures I posted. I print them on photo paper, laminate them and round the corners. They are the same size as KTTW card and fit nicely in the plastic cardholder along with a KTTW card.
Sounds perfect!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #104
hedgerow
Adventure Keeps Calling My Name!

From LAX to the port in a Towncar is 82.50. Tax and tip incl. Since there is 3 of us that works out to 7.50 less than DCL, plus we won't be arriving with a busload. DD will get a kick out of it too. We are using DK Livery.

Been there done that? Maybebut I wanna do it again!
hedgerow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:32 AM   #105
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Wow you guys have been busy.... Our cruise plans gave been out on hold. If you remember I was using crutches due to hip pain. Well it turns out I had a stress fracture in my femur . This morning I fell in the shower and fractured it. Having surgery today, but dr says I can't fly . I'm going to be so disappointed if I can't go

dthogue is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: