Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #631
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderfam View Post
I will be sewing over the next few days and have enough fabric to make a few extra Fish Extenders. Does anyone still need one?

They will be free with two or three pockets depending on what fabric I use... I can make a "Cars" theme, Toy Story, Tinkerbell and maybe a little mermaid. I have a Hanna Montana already made.

]
Those are too adorable. If all have not been claimed, we would love one-Cars, ToyStory, Tinkerbell, Little Mermaid would all work. It is just DH and myself and I was going to hang a Christmas stocking since we have never done FE before. If and only if you truly have time for a small 2 pocket one, we would be greatful. I'll throw the socking in just in case!

magicmaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #632
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerow View Post
That is so nice of you. If you do have an extra one we would love a proper FE. We were planning to use Christmas stockings but these are better. Any of them would be great for us, except Hannah Montana, Little Mermaid or Tink being first choices. Thanks so much.

We would really love one too. I don't have a creative bone in my body. I was going to bring a shopping bag from Disney store. I would love a Toy Story one.

do we need to bring the rod to hang it on? Thank you so much!
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
chrissyt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #633
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DindelsPA View Post
I realize that you already have a 6A (Navigator's Verandah) covered, but would like to offer my HA 6A for viewing if anyone would be curious.
Good suggestion Karen. The verandah is HUGE on that room (6154). Judy's OK with swapping out so I've made that change. Thanks!

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #634
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
I will be sewing over the next few days and have enough fabric to make a few extra Fish Extenders. Does anyone still need one?

They will be free with two or three pockets depending on what fabric I use... I can make a "Cars" theme, Toy Story, Tinkerbell and maybe a little mermaid. I have a Hanna Montana already made.
Where were you two years ago when we paid $40 on ebay to get a FE? Those look really nice Cynthia.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #635
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

If you have an extra Tinkerbell, Toy Story, Little Mermaid, that would be awesome. We just have a bag from the dollar store, that I think maybe a little large to hang. If that's okay, what size dowel do we need to bring?

Quote:

These are examples of the FE that I make.

Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #636
ChipperMerlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
DISers are a generous lot. I put together another FE tab for the late-comers to the FE and have highlighted the folks that have emailed that they would include them in their list. Also note that elderfam's second cabin with her cousin and her family have been added to the late-comers, along with disneylovebirds. Email, PM or post here any changes/additions.

White Rabbit FE List
We have enough FE gifts for the late-comers, as well, so please add ChipperMerlin to the White Rabbit group. We are already in the Wonder group. (Jeff, I've sent you an email about this.)

Can't wait to meet everyone. Time to start packing - just put bug spray/wipes on my shopping list.
Disneyland — January 1960 — & many, many, many times since ~~~ WDW — June 1975 — honeymoon & many times since ~~~ Disneyland Paris — January & July 2003 ~~~ Tokyo Disneyland — April 2005 ~~~ Grand Opening of Hong Kong Disneyland — September 2005 ~~~ Renaissance Cruise Line: 2; Carnival Cruise Line: 1 ~~~ 1st Disney Cruise — November 2004 (DH won 3-day Bahamas cruise at DCa by answering the million point question at "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" ~~~ DCL Eastern Caribbean — November 2007 ~~~ DCL Western Caribbean — October 2008 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — October 18, 2009 ~~~ DCL's DVC Member Cruise — September 2010 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — January 6, 2011 ~~~ DCL 3-day Bahamas — September 29, 2011 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — October 2, 2011 ~~~ DCL 3-day Bahamas — October 6, 2011 ~~~ DCL Mexican Riviera — December 11, 2011 ~~~ DCL California Coast Repo — May 14, 2012 ~~~ DCL Pixar Cruise — October 7, 2012 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — December 9, 2012 ~~~ DCL Halloween Cruise — October 27, 2013 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — November 10, 2013 ~~~ DCL Alaska — September 1, 2014 ~~~ DCL California Coast Repo — September 8, 2014 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — September 12, 2014 ~~~ DVC members since 2008 ~~~ Premier Pass Holders for DL & WDW
ChipperMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #637
ChipperMerlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdes1 View Post
How am I doing on "half the clothes and twice the money"?
Any input on my packing is appreciated! Note, I will be doing laundry.

My plan is to pack the following for each member of the family:
  • 3 or 4 daytime outfits for warm weather
  • 1 pair sandals and sunhats
  • 3 or 4 "casual" dinner outfits
  • 3 outfits for the formal and semi-formal nights (inc. shoes, accessories)
  • 2 swimsuits (one to wear, one to dry)
  • 2 pairs PJs
  • socks, undies, etc.
  • Workout clothes and shoes for DH and myself
?
Love your list! I will be doing laundry on the ship, too. Don't be surprised to see me in the same outfit more than once. My wardrobe is severely limited at the moment, and so there will be no formal clothes. I also won't be bringing a swimsuit - as mine has holes in the knees.
Disneyland — January 1960 — & many, many, many times since ~~~ WDW — June 1975 — honeymoon & many times since ~~~ Disneyland Paris — January & July 2003 ~~~ Tokyo Disneyland — April 2005 ~~~ Grand Opening of Hong Kong Disneyland — September 2005 ~~~ Renaissance Cruise Line: 2; Carnival Cruise Line: 1 ~~~ 1st Disney Cruise — November 2004 (DH won 3-day Bahamas cruise at DCa by answering the million point question at "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" ~~~ DCL Eastern Caribbean — November 2007 ~~~ DCL Western Caribbean — October 2008 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — October 18, 2009 ~~~ DCL's DVC Member Cruise — September 2010 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — January 6, 2011 ~~~ DCL 3-day Bahamas — September 29, 2011 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — October 2, 2011 ~~~ DCL 3-day Bahamas — October 6, 2011 ~~~ DCL Mexican Riviera — December 11, 2011 ~~~ DCL California Coast Repo — May 14, 2012 ~~~ DCL Pixar Cruise — October 7, 2012 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — December 9, 2012 ~~~ DCL Halloween Cruise — October 27, 2013 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — November 10, 2013 ~~~ DCL Alaska — September 1, 2014 ~~~ DCL California Coast Repo — September 8, 2014 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — September 12, 2014 ~~~ DVC members since 2008 ~~~ Premier Pass Holders for DL & WDW
ChipperMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #638
elderfam
There is no such thing as too many Disney trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerow View Post
That is so nice of you. If you do have an extra one we would love a proper FE. We were planning to use Christmas stockings but these are better. Any of them would be great for us, except Hannah Montana, Little Mermaid or Tink being first choices. Thanks so much.
[QUOTE=4everluvDisney;46806691]
Quote:

They are great. How kind of you to offer. I would appreciate a Toy Story
3 pocket if possible for our Galveston cruise in January with our 5 year old grandson. He would love it.

Again, thanks so much.
Audrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew View Post
I'd love to get one for my mom. She is going on her 1st Disney cruise next year. She loves Tink. Since we don't need it for this cruise, if you get too many requests, don't make this a priority. I would totally understand if you ran out of time.

Thank You!
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmaker1 View Post
Those are too adorable. If all have not been claimed, we would love one-Cars, ToyStory, Tinkerbell, Little Mermaid would all work. It is just DH and myself and I was going to hang a Christmas stocking since we have never done FE before. If and only if you truly have time for a small 2 pocket one, we would be greatful. I'll throw the socking in just in case!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyt27 View Post
We would really love one too. I don't have a creative bone in my body. I was going to bring a shopping bag from Disney store. I would love a Toy Story one.

do we need to bring the rod to hang it on? Thank you so much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Where were you two years ago when we paid $40 on ebay to get a FE? Those look really nice Cynthia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Started With a Mouse View Post
If you have an extra Tinkerbell, Toy Story, Little Mermaid, that would be awesome. We just have a bag from the dollar store, that I think maybe a little large to hang. If that's okay, what size dowel do we need to bring?
I will be sewing all day and will PM everyone tonight...
Jeff....LOL...sorry you havent been on any of our cruises in the past! I love sewing them and have given some away on every cruise we've been on. That being said..so not a pro here. LOL

The only thing I ask is that you not sell them, but feel free to pass them on someday to another family.

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

elderfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #639
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkath2005 View Post
We are also 2 seperate cabins and 2 seprate gifts. Think we are under 2 different names though Colkath2005 and colkath2005 parents. We are both happy to accomodate all the newcomers on the FE list

Colette
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Both of our cabins can include late-comers
All 4 cabins have been added to the White Rabbit list. Also, I've deleted those on the master list I've not heard back from and added a link to the list to my signature so it's easy to find.

Last edited by Jeff Spencer; 11-28-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #640
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

For those of you who have been on a recent cruise, what was the CC gift? Is there a back pack....won't need to pack one if there is.
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #641
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

In June and September the gift was a backpack. DH is using one every day for work and I gave the other to a friend who had never cruised on DCL before.

Beth
Old 11-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #642
Chinook
Sail Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
For those of you who have been on a recent cruise, what was the CC gift? Is there a back pack....won't need to pack one if there is.
In April on the Dream, the gift was more of a beach bag. It had one strap and a draw string.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #643
CaptainandTennille
Earning My Ears

I called Disney and they told me because I booked an IGT they can't change anything on my reservation that my only chance would be at the port if there was availability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedaisy View Post
I am a first time cruiser with an upgrade question....
We booked the IGT with restrictions room deal for this cruise. We were fine with an inside room. We recently have been given our room assignments. A member in our group has had some health issues and may be spending more time in the room. At port, he wishes to try to upgrade to a room with a view. I am trying to research if that MIGHT be an option (I know that there would have to be availability, etc). I am reading web info that says, "yes that might be an option" and some that say "no- those are the restrictions"... You guys seem smarter than everyone else, so any insight??
CaptainandTennille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #644
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
In April on the Dream, the gift was more of a beach bag. It had one strap and a draw string.
That's what we got in November and December. I like the backpack better, but I liked the bags that had zippers on the top (can't remember what year that was!) much better!

Beth
Old 11-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #645
Moby
Mouseketeer

FE update

Time is tight for me right now, so I can't wade through the posts to discover the answer to this question, so I apologize if it's a repeat. I know that Tammy isn't cruising with us, so will we get an updated FE list with GTY cabin #'s before we leave ? Or will we not receive the updated list until after we are onboard at the meet & greet? I'm in the "Minnie" group. I wanted to add the cabin #'s to the FE's that are GTY before I pack them in my suitcase, so will wait for an update if it is coming. If not, I'll pack them and do it later. Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: