Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #436
Liz Arjay
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLou1962 View Post
It was the big 5-0 for me this year and this cruise is part of my celebrations. In our family big birthdays entitle you to a year of celebration!
It is also my 50th birthday cruise (although it is not technically until a few days after Christmas) - this trip is my birthday present. It is also in celebration of our 21st anniversary 2 months ago, since we barely saw each other that day. Lastly, it is our delayed honeymoon. Since we never took a honeymoon due to being in school and having class to attend, we can always use that as an excuse to take a fancy trip. And truly, this will be our first trip without our 3 kids. So I am calling it a honeymoon! A DCL cruise is excellent for celebrating anything!
Liz
Liz Arjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #437
Liz Arjay
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DindelsPA View Post
Our biggest thing we are celebrating on this cruise will be DH's victory over cancer for the 2nd time. It's been a year with many ups and downs but couldn't be ending on a better note than the doctor's "All Clear!" we got just this week.
What wonderful news! The best possible. We are all so fortunate to be going on this cruise with our loved ones.

I just finished my FE's! They sort of expanded when I packed the baggies - I will have to compress them somehow to fly across the country, so sorry in advance for any squashed gifts!
Liz
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #438
Liz Arjay
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Thanks Liz. We are planning on bringing some stuff anyway. It is Christmas time you know. Our cabin number is 7598 and I have two girls ages 12 and 4. Our last cruise was not as enjoyable because our 12 year old didn't have her cousins around to pillage and plunder the ship with. We were hoping to meet some people with children her age and hopefully the cruise will be more enjoyable for her. Our 4 year old has never met a stranger and readily picks up on the activities. Must be something about being 4 and having no fears.This is our 6th cruise and we always mean to get in on the fun, but, our days are so filled up. We vowed that this cruise would be different. Thanks again and we look forward to the festivities.
We will be sure to include room 7598. It is so much fun to make the deliveries and see the decorated doors.

I imagine many of us with guaranteed rooms will get our room assignments this week. Does anyone remember where we send that info? Or do we edit the google FE document?
Liz
Old 11-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #439
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

That is awesome news Karen. Good for you and Ed.

Quote:
Our biggest thing we are celebrating on this cruise will be DH's victory over cancer for the 2nd time. It's been a year with many ups and downs but couldn't be ending on a better note than the doctor's "All Clear!" we got just this week.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #440
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Arjay View Post
We will be sure to include room 7598. It is so much fun to make the deliveries and see the decorated doors.

I imagine many of us with guaranteed rooms will get our room assignments this week. Does anyone remember where we send that info? Or do we edit the google FE document?
Liz
Tammy is still updating the list. I would say post your room assignment here in the thread or send her a PM. Last minute updates will be handled by Shirley (ChipperMerlin) at the Embarkation Meet in Promenade Lounge.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #441
ArGa
Earning My Ears

Celebrations

DH and I just had our 24th anniversary last week. Also December 24th is DH's birthday but he stopped celebrating that a few years ago!
ArGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #442
PirateJohn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
AWESOME! What a WONDERful way to celebrate. I too am celebrating, although it is nothing like yours. I have lost 121 pounds since June of this year. I finally saw a pic of myself on last years MR Christmas cruise and was stunned by it. Hadn't really looked at myself in the mirror for years. What a difference. Can't wait for our usual waiter to see me. Don't think he will recognize me. This year I am limiting myself to one entree and no ice cream or sweets. I'm going to miss the all you can eat lobster night.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #443
PirateJohn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Tammy is still updating the list. I would say post your room assignment here in the thread or send her a PM. Last minute updates will be handled by Shirley (ChipperMerlin) at the Embarkation Meet in Promenade Lounge.
Took a look at your blog and would love to talk with you about the Med. Look forward to meeting you on the ship. Great website by the way.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #444
rach7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Who is celebrating birthdays and anniversarys on this cruise? Could you post please?
I'll be celebrating my b'day on Dec 10th - I plan to spend some of the day in the spa. It's our 5th Disney cruise and I've never stepped foot in the spa, so figure this is a excuse to try it out!
rach7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #445
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Took a look at your blog and would love to talk with you about the Med. Look forward to meeting you on the ship. Great website by the way.
Unfortunately, on our second Med cruise in 2010 I had trouble updating our blog using the cruise ship internet. The blogspot server was banned by their service so I ended up having to update through a proxy server and it just turned into a nightmare so I never finished the blog. Those blogs are fun to go back and revisit. I'll try to do one this year since we have so much time on the ship. Thanks for the kind comments on the web site. I've done quite a few for different things. It's really easy and best of all - it's FREE.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #446
Chinook
Sail Away

Just book SAS Transportation from the Miami Port to FLL since Disney says that are not providing that service.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #447
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Name Tags

Added the following to the Name Tag list on the web site.

Stitch70 (4)
tweetybabee (3)
Blue Water Fisherman (2)
tessa67 (3)
NancyBowen (3)
Pirate John (4)
DisneyRick (4)
Pbewley (2)

Also, added date/time for the stateroom crawl. The ornament exchange is the next day at 2 pm.

Where: Meet on Deck 3, Lobby Atrium Near Guest Services
When: December 14th, 2 pm

Last edited by Jeff Spencer; 11-25-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #448
Liz Arjay
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
AWESOME! What a WONDERful way to celebrate. I too am celebrating, although it is nothing like yours. I have lost 121 pounds since June of this year. I finally saw a pic of myself on last years MR Christmas cruise and was stunned by it. Hadn't really looked at myself in the mirror for years. What a difference. Can't wait for our usual waiter to see me. Don't think he will recognize me. This year I am limiting myself to one entree and no ice cream or sweets. I'm going to miss the all you can eat lobster night.
Congrats on your weight loss! How inspiring. Keep up the good work! DH and I plan to exercise each morning to try to counteract the flood of food. A constant battle...

I will have to look up your town on a map. We just sent our oldest DS to college in Tuscaloosa, AL. I had not been to Alabama before last year, but really enjoyed our trip there!
Liz
Old 11-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #449
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

We just got home from seeing the national tour of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Great production and now I'm really in the Disney mood!

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #450
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

So I've just checked the DCL site for the 10th time today and it's saying I am not able to modify my reservation at the moment...wonder if they're updating with GTY room assignments?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: