Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #31
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

Sounds like a lot of us are in the shy until we know you category. My mom and I are the same way and mom also has trouble hearing especially when there is a lot of background noise. The good thing about a longer cruise is we should all have time to feel comfortable with each other
bbangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #32
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Getting nervous - we cruise in a little over 3 weeks and I am still hobbling around on crutches and have great pain in my hip/back Went for a MRI this morning and hopefully will have the results tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that this something that will heal before we leave. I can't imagine being on crutches and not being able to walk while on the cruise.

On the plus side, I have lost a little over 16 pounds since the beginning of October. Still struggling with the new diabetes diagnosis and getting my blood sugar under control, so that is another stress about how to handle this while on the cruise. It's all so overwhelming

dthogue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #33
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
I have 10 pre-printed journals and autographs books, if anyone wants them, let me know, otherwise they will be making their way into the recycling bin soon!
Don't toss 'em! Bring 'em! The obvious recipients will appear (based on my experience with similar give aways)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
I wasn't going to go into the ornament exchange because I am a sun worshiper, and did not want to miss an hour of warmth. Not sure what I was thinking about ... we are on the ship for 14 days. As others have mentioned, I am one of those shy people until you get to know me, and it may not take too long to get to know me. I can chat all I want on line, and then I freeze when I meet people or I feel it is awkward to go up to someone that you really do not know and start a conversation. If there isn't a conversation about working out or dieting, I am lost for words. When it comes to going to a club and loud noise, I can not hear worth a dam, so I just smile and nod yes, hoping I am not committing to anything. Anyway, the ornament exchange may be a good way to help me break the ice. This is one of the reasons I asked to join a DIS table for dinner, I thought this may help break the ice, too.

Emily, I will PM you.
Relaxin' you silly gel! You already KNOW us! I can't WAIT to meet my Canadian advisor in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
My DH is a bit hard of hearing (won't admit it LOL!!!!) and has no short term memory at all. He may not remember your name, but he will remember that he met you. When he's in a noisy environment, he's another one who smile and nods, or sometimes answers what he thinks you said. It makes for some unusual conversations every now and then!

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
OH! Is THAT what is is? You have described my behavior to a tee - that's why I call everyone Sugarplum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
They are cruise specific and the autograph books are year specific. sorry!

Well I might as well fess up as well, this is me! I have a hearing problem, actually its an auditory processing problem (hence the not speaking till I was 5) and I do a lot of lip reading and filling in the blanks and when that fails, I just smile and nod . It gets bad in loud environments. The more I drink, the poorer my lip reading gets and that makes for the unusual conversations. My friends like to have fun with this! And when my family doesn't want me to know something they just turn their head or cover their mouths, so mean!

Great minds think alike, didn't mean me to step on your FE toes!
My! there are a LOT of us, aren't there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
Count me into the smile and nod group sometimes... I had a bad patch where I suffered from labyrinthitis and ear infections and it affected my hearing. So if I smile and nod and whatever it is affected my hearing just ask again!
eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
This sounds like me too - my family tells me I need to be more social. This will be our 7th Disney cruise and I always say I'm going to the DIS meet on the first day and never do. On our last Magic cruise, we went to the Promenade lounge and watched from afar - I didn't have the nerve to walk over and join in

Tammy
You better come, Tammy! The scrappy gals are waiting especially to meet you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
Getting nervous - we cruise in a little over 3 weeks and I am still hobbling around on crutches and have great pain in my hip/back Went for a MRI this morning and hopefully will have the results tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that this something that will heal before we leave. I can't imagine being on crutches and not being able to walk while on the cruise.

On the plus side, I have lost a little over 16 pounds since the beginning of October. Still struggling with the new diabetes diagnosis and getting my blood sugar under control, so that is another stress about how to handle this while on the cruise. It's all so overwhelming
You poor kid! MAssage? Chiropractor? ADVIL?

For the diabetes thing - it's gonna take some time. Baby steps. Not so hard on the cruise - lots of yummy choices - just make good ones. Low carb - skip the dinner rolls, high calorie dessert = 3 bites only. They're the bites that taste the best anyway. Stick with me - we will beat this thing into shape!

Of course, as the thread starter, what did I forget to do? BOOKMARK THE DANG THREAD

Happy Day, all!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #34
jsails
Mouseketeer

Room Numbers

I have enough FE's to share with every DIS member on the cruise. I promise it will not take up that precious space in your luggage and you might actually like it!

The only thing is if you're not on the FE list I don't have your cabin number. If you're not on the FE list would you please share your cabin number with Jeff so he can put it on the Roll Call list? if you're not comfortable with that would you please PM me your cabin number?

You don't have to worry about not having a FE hanging up, I'll get it to you.

Thanks,

Judy
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #35
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsails View Post
I have enough FE's to share with every DIS member on the cruise. I promise it will not take up that precious space in your luggage and you might actually like it!

The only thing is if you're not on the FE list I don't have your cabin number. If you're not on the FE list would you please share your cabin number with Jeff so he can put it on the Roll Call list? if you're not comfortable with that would you please PM me your cabin number?

Thanks,

Judy
Still a'waiting... c'mon, Disney!!

If nothing else, we'll all have them by the time we have our meet onboard the first day. Uhm... hopefully.

Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #36
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Answer from Gustavo in PV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
Still a'waiting... c'mon, Disney!!

If nothing else, we'll all have them by the time we have our meet onboard the first day. Uhm... hopefully.
If not, there will be a WHITE BOARD on 5131 and probably other rooms as well where you can leave an update.

Puerta Vallarta

Gustavo had missed my original message - then I missed his answer (darn facebook)

"The activities for Dec 12 last all day long include processions, fireworks, music and crows singing the mañanitas (Happy birthday songs) to saint Marie from 1 AM till midnight or more. There is no special activity program for it, all will happen downtown by the Malecon (Seawall area).

About the Hotels with day pass access almost all of them have that service and cost varies from $-35 to $70 US, (***** means quality)

Heading north walking distance from harbor you can find the Playa de Oro ***, NH Krystal ****, Holiay Inn ***, Villas del Palmar ****, Hola Vallarta ***, Fiesta Americana ****

Need Taxi (10 min) Sheraton ****.

Heading south at the marina area need Taxi (10 min,), Marriott Casa Magna *****, Melia Vallarta****, Westin Regina *****, Velas Vallarta *****, Mayam Palace *****.

There are many others, but this will cover any tastes
"

Hope this helps you make your plans for a day at the beach!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #37
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

I just got done making our t-shirts for embarkation day. There will be 4 of us wearing bright green t-shirts with the picture of the ship from our web-site. It's almost time!

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #38
Chinook
Sail Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsails View Post

Thanks,

Judy
Judy, That is so thoughtful of you!
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #39
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Thanks to Xavier for pointing out that I'd accidentally deleted the link on the web site for people to send in their names for the name cards.

I've added a few more photos to the Roll Call and some more stateroom numbers.

And about being shy...I'm not and I enjoy meeting new people. So if you see Susan and me around please do stop us and chat.

Folks that have linked their dining reservations up in the Early Seating, there are two adult tables and two adults w/kids tables that I know of with 28 DISers total. Question to those that are in this group...Do you have a dining rotation preference, i.e., there are 3 possibilities. Personally, I like Triton's and Animator's Palette better than Parrot Cay so I'd take 1 but it's not a strong preference.

1. TAPTAPTAPTAPTA - (Triton's & Animator's Palette 5 times, Parrot Cay 4 times)
2. APTAPTAPTAPTAP - (Parrot Cay & Animator's Palette 5 times, Triton's 4 times)
3. PTAPTAPTAPTAPT - (Triton's & Parrot Cay 5 times, Animator's Palette 4 times)

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #40
Moby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Started With a Mouse View Post
Okay, so I borrowed this quote from the aforementioned thread. I remember LindaBabe wrote the terminal is a pretty miserable place at the Port of LA, maybe this could liven it up a bit?

"Cruise Terminal Prior to Boarding: Meet by the largest TV display where Disney movies/shows are playing. It's obvious...once you're through security, just go straight ahead past the restrooms towards the far wall and look on your right. There's plenty of seating, and TV for the kids while we wait for kids registration to open, Mickey's arrival for photos, and boarding to begin. I'll post a DIS sign as well to help you find us. You'd be surprised...it's actually pretty easy to figure out who's in our group jsut from what you learn online."
Great idea! That is the exact location we ended up sitting while waiting to board our MR Cruise last December. See you soon!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #41
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer
Thanks to Xavier for pointing out that I'd accidentally deleted the link on the web site for people to send in their names for the name cards.

I've added a few more photos to the Roll Call and some more stateroom numbers.

And about being shy...I'm not and I enjoy meeting new people. So if you see Susan and me around please do stop us and chat.

Folks that have linked their dining reservations up in the Early Seating, there are two adult tables and two adults w/kids tables that I know of with 28 DISers total. Question to those that are in this group...Do you have a dining rotation preference, i.e., there are 3 possibilities. Personally, I like Triton's and Animator's Palette better than Parrot Cay so I'd take 1 but it's not a strong preference.

1. TAPTAPTAPTAPTA - (Triton's & Animator's Palette 5 times, Parrot Cay 4 times)
2. APTAPTAPTAPTAP - (Parrot Cay & Animator's Palette 5 times, Triton's 4 times)
3. PTAPTAPTAPTAPT - (Triton's & Parrot Cay 5 times, Animator's Palette 4 times)
Now I have to work out which nights are formal/semi formal so they don't end up in Parrot Cay and request my rotation! And probably skip PC for Palo too. Thank you!
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
holula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #42
Moby
Mouseketeer

internet access & phone

I had no plans to be on the internet or even use a phone while on this cruise, but we are currently in the middle of negotiations on buying a house and the seller wants to close on Dec 28 instead of in January, so we might have to conduct business while onboard.

Can someone clue me in on the cost of using the internet onboard to check emails as well as using a cell phone if we can't conduct our busines via email? I'm totally clueless.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #43
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
Now I have to work out which nights are formal/semi formal so they don't end up in Parrot Cay and request my rotation! And probably skip PC for Palo too. Thank you!
Here is the schedule (also on the web site) of the formal/semi-formal/Pirate Night. I just reconfirmed this with DCL, although the cast member reiterated again and again that it was subject to change.

Formal Night #1 - Thursday Dec. 13th
Semi-formal Night - Sunday, Dec. 16th
Pirates Night - Tuesday, Dec. 18th
Formal Night #2 - Thursday, Dec. 20th

So, dining rotation #1 would have a formal and semi-formal night at Animator's, a formal night at Parrot's and Pirate Night at Triton's. #2 has formal and semi-formal at Parrot's and 2nd formal at Triton's and Pirate Night at Animator's, rotation #3 would have formal and semi-formal at Triton's, 2nd formal at Animator's and Pirate Night at Parrot Cay. #3 seems to make the most sense but it doesn't matter that much.

And the CM did confirm that Monsers Inc. 3D will be shown on board.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by Jeff Spencer; 11-12-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #44
adnil530
I'm someone's special someone....he's special too.

Okay...I'm caught up on the new thread. Now I need to go back to the old thread and catch up there! I may be missing a few pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Started With a Mouse View Post
Okay, so I borrowed this quote from the aforementioned thread. I remember LindaBabe wrote the terminal is a pretty miserable place at the Port of LA, maybe this could liven it up a bit?

[I]
"Cruise Terminal Prior to Boarding: Meet by the largest TV display where Disney movies/shows are playing. It's obvious...once you're through security, just go straight ahead past the restrooms towards the far wall and look on your right. There's plenty of seating, and TV for the kids while we wait for kids registration to open, Mickey's arrival for photos, and boarding to begin. I'll post a DIS sign as well to help you find us. You'd be surprised...it's actually pretty easy to figure out who's in our group jsut from what you learn online. We are usually very early arrivers at the terminal so just look for us. I'll be looking chilled, but anxious to board, while my twin DDs will be running around to meet all their new friends and get the social activities going. This (and the onboard meet) is a great opportunity for the kids to premeet some friends and get over their shyness before hitting the Stack/Edge/Lab/Club/etc. Disney to my knowlege has never really enforced arrival times at the LA/San Pedro terminal, so I wouldn't stress over showing up early."
I recognize this meet up! I'm sailing the DoubleTrouble next week! Just a heads up. When we cruised out of San Pedro in September, there were no characters in the terminal for photos. I asked and was told that they discontinued doing that. They may be back by popular demand, but no characters in September. Don't want everyone telling the little ones and then not have anyone show up.

Linda

DL: Often 40+ years WDW: 1990; 2005; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011, 2013 Disney Cruises:Magic Bahamas January 20, 2014; Wonder December 9, 2012 Eastbound Panama Canal; Wonder Mexican Riviera November 18, 2012; Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise September 30, 2012; Wonder April 1, 2012 Mexican Riviera; Dream December 29, 2011 5 day New Years Double Dip - Bahamas; Wonder May 31, 2011 Vancouver-Alaska; 10/31/2010 Magic Western Caribbean; Magic 4/25/09 1st trip to Tortola -Roy Suite;
Wonder Bahamas & Poly 12/14/208 and got hooked! Up and Coming:; DL celebrating daughter's 18th B'day May 16, 2014; Wonder May 17, 2014 2 Nt to Nowhere; Wonder b2bMay 17, 2015 2 nt to Nowhere & May 19, 2015 Mexico
adnil530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #45
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Here is the schedule (also on the web site) of the formal/semi-formal/Pirate Night. I just reconfirmed this with DCL, although the cast member reiterated again and again that it was subject to change.

Formal Night #1 - Thursday Dec. 13th
Semi-formal Night - Sunday, Dec. 16th
Pirates Night - Tuesday, Dec. 18th
Formal Night #2 - Thursday, Dec. 20th

So, dining rotation #1 would have a formal and semi-formal night at Animator's, a formal night at Parrot's and Pirate Night at Triton's. #2 has formal and semi-formal at Parrot's and 2nd formal at Triton's and Pirate Night at Animator's, rotation #3 would have formal and semi-formal at Triton's, 2nd formal at Animator's and Pirate Night at Parrot Cay. #3 seems to make the most sense but it doesn't matter that much.

And the CM did confirm that Monsers Inc. 3D will be shown on board.
I agree that 3 looks the best. But whatever works Jeff.
MaryLou1962 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: