Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #406
Land Park Tudor
- - -
 
Land Park Tudor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
Just got off the phone with a DCL CM. Our early dining with kids linked reservations is up to 16 cabins- Welcome LandPark Tudor.
She also assured us that we should get our *GT assignments this week sometime. Hopefully closer to Monday than Friday!
The CM is sailing on the Dream 12/9 so she has the same countdown as us. She asked how we were able to sail with so many people we know, and I told her we all just met on the disboards!
Thank you -- for a while we were on the fence about whether to do the early or try late dining for a change, but finally decided on the early.

Just put in our vacation stop/stard dates for the newspaper and mail, so things are beginning to feel real.
Land Park Tudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #407
elderfam
There is no such thing as too many Disney trips!
 
elderfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: washington dc area
Posts: 486

Free Fish Extender

Any Hannah Montana fans? I have a two pocket purple Hannah Montana fish extender for anyone who would like it. I made it for a friend's daughter and before their cruise she changed her mind and wanted a Tinkerbell FE instead. LOL
__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']


elderfam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #408
LindaBabe


DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Upstate NY transplanted to NW Georgia
Posts: 10,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
Just got off the phone with a DCL CM. Our early dining with kids linked reservations is up to 16 cabins- Welcome LandPark Tudor.
She also assured us that we should get our *GT assignments this week sometime. Hopefully closer to Monday than Friday!
The CM is sailing on the Dream 12/9 so she has the same countdown as us. She asked how we were able to sail with so many people we know, and I told her we all just met on the disboards!
Oh That's GREAT! I'm sure you guys are all so excited to be FINALLY getting your room numbers!
__________________
LindaBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #409
PirateJohn
Earning My Ears
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Deatsville, Alabama
Posts: 27

Is it too late for a family of four to get in on the FE? If so, is it possible for us to join in on the fun and see what its all about. We have cruised many times before, but, have always had our days slammed packed with stuff to do. This time, since we have so many days at sea, we would like to find out what it's all about.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #410
Liz Arjay
Mouseketeer
 
Liz Arjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central FL
Posts: 227

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Is it too late for a family of four to get in on the FE? If so, is it possible for us to join in on the fun and see what its all about. We have cruised many times before, but, have always had our days slammed packed with stuff to do. This time, since we have so many days at sea, we would like to find out what it's all about.
Welcome!
The FE has been closed for awhile but about a half dozen cabins wanted to join after the deadline. Folks with extras volunteered to deliver to them. Dhogue was organizing it, but then she had to cancel her cruise due to illness. I'm not sure who is handling it now, but if you let folks know your cabin number, I'm sure you will get many surprises!
Liz
Liz Arjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #411
Chinook
Sail Away
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clarksburg, MD
Posts: 57

Just finished watching this PBS show on the Panama Canal. I thought it was pretty good. Enjoy if you wish - http://video.pbs.org/video/1747929120/

Julie
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #412
PirateJohn
Earning My Ears
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Deatsville, Alabama
Posts: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Arjay View Post
Welcome!
The FE has been closed for awhile but about a half dozen cabins wanted to join after the deadline. Folks with extras volunteered to deliver to them. Dhogue was organizing it, but then she had to cancel her cruise due to illness. I'm not sure who is handling it now, but if you let folks know your cabin number, I'm sure you will get many surprises!
Liz
Thanks Liz. We are planning on bringing some stuff anyway. It is Christmas time you know. Our cabin number is 7598 and I have two girls ages 12 and 4. Our last cruise was not as enjoyable because our 12 year old didn't have her cousins around to pillage and plunder the ship with. We were hoping to meet some people with children her age and hopefully the cruise will be more enjoyable for her. Our 4 year old has never met a stranger and readily picks up on the activities. Must be something about being 4 and having no fears.This is our 6th cruise and we always mean to get in on the fun, but, our days are so filled up. We vowed that this cruise would be different. Thanks again and we look forward to the festivities.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #413
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)
 
Cruise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: VA
Posts: 3,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach7 View Post
We finally got our cruise documents on Friday - it took a bit longer, but then we are at the bottom of the world! The cruise feels real now that we have our luggage tags.
I just noticed where you're located! I have friends in Brisbane (Annerley) that I went and stayed with for a couple of weeks a few years back. Brisbane is a great city and it's finally getting recognized. Just saw this article this past week: http://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/10-ama....html?page=all
__________________
Julie



Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #414
DindelsPA
Pour the clown juice in my dirty banana
Has disturbing images of groundhogs
 
DindelsPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: The Pocono Mountains
Posts: 1,160

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Thanks Liz. We are planning on bringing some stuff anyway. It is Christmas time you know. Our cabin number is 7598 and I have two girls ages 12 and 4. Our last cruise was not as enjoyable because our 12 year old didn't have her cousins around to pillage and plunder the ship with. We were hoping to meet some people with children her age and hopefully the cruise will be more enjoyable for her. Our 4 year old has never met a stranger and readily picks up on the activities. Must be something about being 4 and having no fears.This is our 6th cruise and we always mean to get in on the fun, but, our days are so filled up. We vowed that this cruise would be different. Thanks again and we look forward to the festivities.
Welcome! I'm sure you'll be "picked up" on the FE List by the super efficient and helpful folks on this thread! I have a DD 13 who will be thrilled to hear another will be joining the group.
__________________
Karen DH Ed DD Patricia
Disney Wonder: November 23-27, 2003 Land & Sea October 5-9, 2008 (Surprise Double Dip) Panama Canal Crossing Eastbound December 9-23, 2012 Alaska August 11-18, 2014
Disney Magic: Western, January 15-22, 2005 Eastern, October 15-22, 2005 Western Double Dip, October 14-21, 2006
Western Double Dip, November 12-19, 2011 Canada, September 7-12, 2012
Disney Dream: Bahamas, August 11-15, 2013 Bahamas, November 10-14, 2013


DindelsPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #415
PirateJohn
Earning My Ears
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Deatsville, Alabama
Posts: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DindelsPA View Post
Welcome! I'm sure you'll be "picked up" on the FE List by the super efficient and helpful folks on this thread! I have a DD 13 who will be thrilled to hear another will be joining the group.
Thanks. I have spent most of my time on the CC forums and just now realized that this one existed. We love DCL and are looking forward to meeting new people and creating new friendships. My DW will be happy to hear that DD has some opportunities to branch out a little this go around.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:25 AM   #416
rach7
Earning My Ears
 
rach7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerow View Post
Our dd is adopted from China. We figured all we really needed for such an enormous trip was a passport and a credit card! After that I stopped stressing over packing.
Ah yes Jamie - a credit card, how could I forget that! Far more important than a toothbrush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Yup. you can buy everything else in LA. When do you actually fly, Rach?
We fly in less than 2 weeks Linda, which is why I'm feeling the pressure to get packed. Of course shopping in LA is so much fun for us that we try to bring empty suitcases with us anyway! I stock up on make up at half the price it is here, clothes...and even pointe shoes for my daughter are 40% cheaper in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
I just noticed where you're located! I have friends in Brisbane (Annerley) that I went and stayed with for a couple of weeks a few years back. Brisbane is a great city and it's finally getting recognized. Just saw this article this past week: http://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/10-ama....html?page=all
I just drove through Annerley today on my way to visit friends! I'm biased of course, but I love my home city. The strange thing is, everyone on the disboard is commenting on it feeling like Christmas as it gets colder and even snows - here things are heating up, and our Christmas is always a sweltering one. We usually spend the day eating seafood and floating in the pool - plus our Santa wears boardshorts and flip flops!

Rach
rach7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:31 AM   #417
rach7
Earning My Ears
 
rach7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
I have two girls ages 12 and 4. Our last cruise was not as enjoyable because our 12 year old didn't have her cousins around to pillage and plunder the ship with. We were hoping to meet some people with children her age
Meant to add PirateJohn - I have an almost 12 yr old daughter coming on the cruise and she has been part of a little group that have been busy emailing each other, so I'm sure they will have quite a nice group of girls to "pillage and plunder" the ship with! We are in 7022.

Rach
rach7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:48 AM   #418
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer
 
Relaxin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 480

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers,
We set sail in 2 weeks, that is 14 sleeps!

Are you ready yet?

Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #419
LindaBabe


DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Upstate NY transplanted to NW Georgia
Posts: 10,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
Good Morning Fellow Cruisers,
We set sail in 2 weeks, that is 14 sleeps!

Are you ready yet?

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!


YEAH, Relaxin'! My to do list is getting shorter and shorter like Jose's siestas (Tiki Room)

Who is celebrating birthdays and anniversarys on this cruise? Could you post please?

Pirate John, Tammy is still updating the FE list, so I will PM her your information. (You can't pm until you have 10 posts)

DH Has gone skiing - he is a happy Boy today. I have a day of peace and quiet to get things done. I am a happy Girl

Whatever YOU're doing today - Make it a good one!
__________________
LindaBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:09 AM   #420
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 134

Celebrations

It was the big 5-0 for me this year and this cruise is part of my celebrations. In our family big birthdays entitle you to a year of celebration!
MaryLou1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.