Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #391
socababy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyar View Post
A pp mentioned 5 suites as still available. Do we know how many rooms in total ar still available?

Does anyone want to take bets on how many cabins won't be full - as in, there won't be a lot of kids bc it's school season?
The April Hawaii cruise had just over 300 kids. I think they had just 14 teens! I believe when we sailed last Thanksgiving and last spring break that there was just over 1000 kids, so a big difference! The kids on this cruise will probably be very spolied by the CMs in the Kids Clubs!
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
socababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #392
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Oh my! I looked up those shoes - the most gorgeous ranging to the most godawful shoes I could never wear. The pair I LOVED the most were only 995. That is NINE HUNDRED NINETY FIVE and they weren't the most expensive. So much to love - if I ever won the lottery, I would have a dozen pairs in my closet, just to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyar View Post
A pp mentioned 5 suites as still available. Do we know how many rooms in total ar still available?

Does anyone want to take bets on how many cabins won't be full - as in, there won't be a lot of kids bc it's school season?
It won't be full by a long shot. My bet is 90% won't be at capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsails View Post
There should be a Mexican themed night. Anyone know which night it is?
Best guess either Cabo Night or PV night - probably the former, so that the entertainers can get off in PV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensfamily View Post
Can anyone tell me more about this Princess Night I have seen a post or two about?
It's a special menu and lots of Dis women choose to BE princesses and wear their tiaras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Started With a Mouse View Post
Just wanted to say that. I'm a newbie, and read the general cruise line forum, and there are some very mean spirited ones on there. Threads that go on and on and on, and there's nothing constructive about them.

16 days - LOVE to see LindaBabe's countdown tag!

Looking forward to Relaxin's post this Sunday!

Hope everyone had a nice turkey day. Just done emptying the turkey roaster and disinfecting my fridge from raw turkey juices. I think next year I have one thing on the menu...reservations!!!!
Ayuh. You find snark on a lot of the forums. Just give those posters a miss.

We got invited out for dinner. It was lovely and someone else cleaned up after. All the same, I am ready for
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #393
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Two weeks can not come fast enough. First signs of winter. I drove to work in the rain, and left the office and felt some hard hitting my face. There is now something white covering the grass. Only 10 days of work, how am I going to focus?
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Princess Half Marathon - Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #394
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

If there is a Mexican night, I have a little Mexican jacket that may fit a girl in grade 6. I just put it in the Good Will bag, but if someone wants me to pack it for their daughter, I can see if it fits.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Princess Half Marathon - Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #395
Moby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilland18 View Post
The EBPC 2013 ends in Galveston. So I think they just have a glitch.
I noticed the same thing.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #396
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
The April Hawaii cruise had just over 300 kids. I think they had just 14 teens! I believe when we sailed last Thanksgiving and last spring break that there was just over 1000 kids, so a big difference! The kids on this cruise will probably be very spoiled by the CMs in the Kids Clubs!
I am sure our kids are going to have an amazing time and I really want to give something extra to the Kids Club CMs. I feel like we are going to know the CMs so well after such a long and more intimate cruise.

I know there are MANY threads that discuss CM gifts, but some of the info is old and it's not always easy to know what is out of date. And I just can't believe that candy is really so popular!

I have not gone on a longer cruise before, do any of you "long cruise" veterans have some suggestions?

Thanks!

ML
MaryLou1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #397
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

I nearly finished all my shopping during Black Friday (now Black Thursday) We call it "black ops"--my 3 dd fan out to various stores and I stay home as command central: canceling ops, diverting missions, online shopping, etc. We were all in bed by 1am. It was actually rather civilized "on the front, in the trenches" they said.

Can't believe we are only weeks away!! I haven't got ornaments, scrapbook layouts, dresses--nothing packed and not a single Christmas present wrapped My day job is really going to suffer the next couple of weeks.

magicmaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:34 AM   #398
rach7
Earning My Ears

We finally got our cruise documents on Friday - it took a bit longer, but then we are at the bottom of the world! The cruise feels real now that we have our luggage tags.

Dec is the end of the school year here in Oz, so we are busy with Awards nights, graduations, ballet concerts and the usual Christmas parties. My packing keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the list, ah well, I guess all we really need are passports and a toothbrush!
Rach
rach7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:17 AM   #399
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Gloomy out, but sunshine in our hearts, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLou1962 View Post
I am sure our kids are going to have an amazing time and I really want to give something extra to the Kids Club CMs. I feel like we are going to know the CMs so well after such a long and more intimate cruise.

I know there are MANY threads that discuss CM gifts, but some of the info is old and it's not always easy to know what is out of date. And I just can't believe that candy is really so popular!

I have not gone on a longer cruise before, do any of you "long cruise" veterans have some suggestions?

Thanks!

ML
I'm a long cruise vet, but just as clueless as you are. I would love to fill a Christmas stocking for my stateroom host, but no ideas what to put in it. I am bringing some thank you "favor" boxes with chocolate minis in them to go with my 'final' tip to the "casual" encounter, such as the barista in the Cove cafe. PS. I just did a search on cruise critic - the unanimous recommendation on many threads is CASH. That doesn't seem like much fun for the giver or the giftee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach7 View Post
We finally got our cruise documents on Friday - it took a bit longer, but then we are at the bottom of the world! The cruise feels real now that we have our luggage tags.

Dec is the end of the school year here in Oz, so we are busy with Awards nights, graduations, ballet concerts and the usual Christmas parties. My packing keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the list, ah well, I guess all we really need are passports and a toothbrush!
Rach
Yup. you can buy everything else in LA. When do you actually fly, Rach?

Today, we will make Christmas here. Yesterday we opted for a nap instead

Happy Day, all!

Last edited by LindaBabe; 11-24-2012 at 06:35 AM.
LindaBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:33 AM   #400
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

It looks like Christmas here. Nice layer of snow, and no grass showing any more. I am sure it will be gone in a few days.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #401
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Started With a Mouse
Just wanted to say that. I'm a newbie, and read the general cruise line forum, and there are some very mean spirited ones on there. Threads that go on and on and on, and there's nothing constructive about them.
T the ww
16 days - LOVE to see LindaBabe's countdown tag!

Looking forward to Relaxin's post this Sunday!

Hope everyone had a nice turkey day. Just done emptying the turkey roaster and disinfecting my fridge from raw turkey juices. I think next year I have one thing on the menu...reservations!!!!
That's the nature of discussion boards and some people's need to be "right" or get the last word in.

Susan, I and our son Brian have been spending the holiday with Susan's mom in western Arkansas. Our daughter Katy spent the week with her husband Ed in Kansas. We will be on the Wonder before long! I look forward to the sunshine and warmer temperatures!

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #402
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

We have celebrated Thanksgiving with each side of the family, Sat breakfast at our house this morning (eggnog french toast), house is decorated for Christmas. I've wrapped a few presents and the cruise pile has moved from the top of a dresser to a suitcase. Christmas cards are my last big project. We are getting so close!! I can't wait!

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #403
hedgerow
Adventure Keeps Calling My Name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach7 View Post
My packing keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the list, ah well, I guess all we really need are passports and a toothbrush!
Rach
Our dd is adopted from China. We figured all we really needed for such an enormous trip was a passport and a credit card! After that I stopped stressing over packing.

Been there done that? Maybebut I wanna do it again!
hedgerow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #404
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member

Two of my 'borrowed' granddaughters are from China. Such an absolute joy. But for trips to China, I guess that had to be a "high limit" credit card
Old 11-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #405
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Just got off the phone with a DCL CM. Our early dining with kids linked reservations is up to 16 cabins- Welcome LandPark Tudor.
She also assured us that we should get our *GT assignments this week sometime. Hopefully closer to Monday than Friday!
The CM is sailing on the Dream 12/9 so she has the same countdown as us. She asked how we were able to sail with so many people we know, and I told her we all just met on the disboards!
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: