Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #376
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Two weeks from today I FLY!

Did anyone get up early and go shopping this morning? Not me! I actually slept until 7 AM which is practically unheard of

How I envy those of you with houses full of family yesterday! Being on the older end of the spectrum, we went out for a quiet dinner in an elegant restaurant with even older friends. It was lovely and delicious - but totally not the same as the groaning board surrounded by loved ones.

I'm pretty much done with everything I'm creating and or buying for this trip. All that's left is the packing. How about you?

Today, although it's probably too early, I think we'll *make* Christmas. DH's first ski day is Sunday, so I need to keep him busy or he'll pack and repack his gear for the next two days.

Happy Day, All!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #377
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Did anyone get up early and go shopping this morning? Not me! I actually slept until 7 AM which is practically unheard of
We did our shopping last night...we are down at my parents house and really didn't celebrate Thanksgiving b/c we are waiting for my sister to get here which won't be until Saturday. So, DH really wanted a 60" TV, so at 4:00 he and my brother in law went down to Walmart to wait in line for the 10:00 pm pricing. They actually had a good time and it was pretty civilized. They eventually handed out numbered tickets, so it went very smoothly. Now, the stuff on the pallets in the aisles....wow! Once I get home I will post pictures of their little campsite (in the aisle of the paint department)...they were very comfortable! Now, getting that TV home is a little tricky since we have an 8 hour drive ahead of us on Sunday, so the kids might be a tad cramped!

Can't believe in about 2 weeks we will be leaving! I am just thinking of all the things I want to get done before then! I'm sure it will just fly by.
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #378
jsails
Mouseketeer

It was a quiet Thanksgiving for me. My son and his family had plans to go out of town for the weekend long before I came to recuperate so I insisted they go. It wasn't an option for me to ride three hours to go with them. So I had a very tasty Marie Callendar's turkey dinner and a movie marathon. Both my sons called to check in on me. My husband and I spent hours on the phone together, thank goodness for the 'viva mexico' phone plan we have.

I can't wear heels now so I'm going to wear dressy slacks and blouses for formal nights. The consolation I have is that I'll wear my Christian Louboutin ballerina flats. Those will make me feel dressy.

No Black Friday shopping for me! However, I am camera shopping. My husband got mine wet and it's toast now. My new iPhone 5 came Wednesday so I'm having fun talking to Siri! I think that's enough shopping for me. I do want a new underwater camera though. Online research and shopping for me. I still have two weeks to get things shipped here.
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #379
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom
To digress....in addition to medication for motion sickness, DH also uses ginger tablets with good effect. They can be found at Walmart and other places where vitamins, supplements, etc are sold.

Now, back to holiday grazing....
Ginger tablets, now that's the thing. Not candied ginger that I bought for a previous cruise. Wow!
mug318ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #380
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

I've also been told ginger snaps have enough ginger in them to be helpful.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #381
elderfam
There is no such thing as too many Disney trips!

Why does time speed up as I get older!!???

Hello again!
I've been busy since last spring and am just now getting into my pre cruise mood. I am sure i've missed lots of good stuff....I've got to sew a couple of fish extenders for family this weekend and get the rest of our fish gifts done. I am kinda surprised they havent assigned us a room yet.
Is it me....or is this ship pretty empty??
LOL....There might be a chair next to the pool open! YEA!

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

elderfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #382
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Ballet flats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsails View Post
It was a quiet Thanksgiving for me. My son and his family had plans to go out of town for the weekend long before I came to recuperate so I insisted they go. It wasn't an option for me to ride three hours to go with them. So I had a very tasty Marie Callendar's turkey dinner and a movie marathon. Both my sons called to check in on me. My husband and I spent hours on the phone together, thank goodness for the 'viva mexico' phone plan we have.

I can't wear heels now so I'm going to wear dressy slacks and blouses for formal nights. The consolation I have is that I'll wear my Christian Louboutin ballerina flats. Those will make me feel dressy.

No Black Friday shopping for me! However, I am camera shopping. My husband got mine wet and it's toast now. My new iPhone 5 came Wednesday so I'm having fun talking to Siri! I think that's enough shopping for me. I do want a new underwater camera though. Online research and shopping for me. I still have two weeks to get things shipped here.
Your Christian Louboutin ballet flats will be way dressier than my full length gown. I have always lusted over his shoes and the distinctive red sole. And I am wearing slacks and a beaded jacket for one of our formal nights .
Also your post reminded me that I need to see AT&T about my phone plan while on the cruise. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #383
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Black Friday

Well, I'm exhausted and DH is sleeping.
After dinner last night I dropped him off at Best Buy where he waited in line for me for 4 1/2 hours till they opened at midnight. Meanwhile I did Walmart and Target and met him back at BB by 10:30. Finally got home (to my cousins) at 2:30. Was up with her until 5, to bed till 9 and back on the road by 10:30. Tomorrow we are headed into New York City for the day. Needless to say it will be an early night for all tonight....
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #384
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
Your Christian Louboutin ballet flats will be way dressier than my full length gown. I have always lusted over his shoes and the distinctive red sole. And I am wearing slacks and a beaded jacket for one of our formal nights .
Also your post reminded me that I need to see AT&T about my phone plan while on the cruise. Sherry
OK. Now I've got to go look and see what I'm missing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
Well, I'm exhausted and DH is sleeping.
After dinner last night I dropped him off at Best Buy where he waited in line for me for 4 1/2 hours till they opened at midnight. Meanwhile I did Walmart and Target and met him back at BB by 10:30. Finally got home (to my cousins) at 2:30. Was up with her until 5, to bed till 9 and back on the road by 10:30. Tomorrow we are headed into New York City for the day. Needless to say it will be an early night for all tonight....
Obviously you are young and energetic. I would never even have attempted that shopping spree.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #385
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Obviously you are young and energetic. I would never even have attempted that shopping spree.
Well, young at heart anyway!!
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #386
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsails View Post
Me, too! I'm convinced my "bear ate the turkey" incident was someone's way of telling me I needed a new camera before this trip. The one I've been using is my DD's cast-off, and it has been acting up for awhile. I don't take too many pictures, so it hasn't really been an issue. But not being able to get that particular pic made me realize I needed something more reliable, so I ordered one from Amazon Wed. night. My Christmas present to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug318ca View Post
Ginger tablets, now that's the thing. Not candied ginger that I bought for a previous cruise. Wow!
That's pretty potent stuff!

Quote:
That was my reaction exactly. I'm too tired and annoyed by crowds to even consider it.

No Black Friday shopping here...although we did stop at Kmart yesterday on our way to the MIL's. No crowd, and I picked up a new spinner suitcase. I worked today and was perfectly happy to let others have their BF shopping experience.

DH noticed some activity on DCL's website today, with different categories coming and going. I'm sure they're playing with *GT/GTY assignments, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something Sunday or Monday (14ish days out) for us. Please, please, please!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #387
abbyar
Mouseketeer

How *empty* is the ship?

A pp mentioned 5 suites as still available. Do we know how many rooms in total ar still available?

Does anyone want to take bets on how many cabins won't be full - as in, there won't be a lot of kids bc it's school season?
abbyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #388
jsails
Mouseketeer

There should be a Mexican themed night. Anyone know which night it is?
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #389
Owensfamily
Awaiting Adventure

Princess Night

Can anyone tell me more about this Princess Night I have seen a post or two about?
Owensfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #390
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

We Have a Nice Group

Just wanted to say that. I'm a newbie, and read the general cruise line forum, and there are some very mean spirited ones on there. Threads that go on and on and on, and there's nothing constructive about them.

16 days - LOVE to see LindaBabe's countdown tag!

Looking forward to Relaxin's post this Sunday!

Hope everyone had a nice turkey day. Just done emptying the turkey roaster and disinfecting my fridge from raw turkey juices. I think next year I have one thing on the menu...reservations!!!!
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: