Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #361
Dodger Dog
Earning My Ears

FE Spoiler Alert!

WARNING -- This post contains an FE spoiler. Skip if you'd rather be suprised.

Still reading? Okay. Here it goes. Our FE gifts are pirate themed and will be given out on the day of Pirate Night. We've added a twist. In addition to the gifts, each package contains a different playing card (we bought multiple decks of cards -- all with a sports theme, of course).

For those few of you lucky enough to capture the Jack of Spades (aka -- Captain Jack Spade-row), you'll collect an additonal pirate reward . . . but only if you find us during Pirate Night and follow the instructions attached to the card. The boys will wear their pirate mouse ears, so we should be pretty easy to find.

Sorry for the spoiler, but I realized that only those with the Jack of Spades would understand why we added the playing cards to the package. We should have extras, so we'll accomodate as many late comers as possible.

Good luck!!
Dodger Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #362
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

DH is extremely sensitive to motion; he cruises with a stock of meclazine and Scopalamine patches, which are very effective. BUT...the trick is to apply a patch before getting on the ship, not when you start to feel queasy (says he, the voice of experience!) We've also tried sea bands, with no effect. Luckily, I don't tend to have motion sickness unless I'm foolish enough to ride something "spinny". I love the motion of the ship when I'm sleeping .

I, too, will have a fairly complete "pharmacy", just in case anyone needs anything. I'm hoping to avoid any "plagues", since we're just recovering from the resp. infection that everyone around here seems to have. There has to be a grace period, right?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #363
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Formal wear

We will be on the more semi-formal, if not cruise casual on formal night. I am still in the process of losing weight. I have another 20 to go, and buying new clothes is not on the agenda. I think I am going to have to live in my bathing suit for the two weeks. It will make packing easy.

I have my company Gala this Saturday night, and I am wearing my "little black dress" that is 6 sizes too big. I hangs like a bag on me, but I just can't fork out a couple hundred dollars for one night. If I find time, I may try a second hand store. I have tried on my DD prom dresses, and they fit, but not age appropriate. Or what my mind has sees me wearing.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #364
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

happy thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #365
abbyar
Mouseketeer

I have a silver gown I'm wearing, and have tuxes for dh and ds, and have a pretty dress for DD. I realize most cruisers will be much more casual, but I want to get some great photos of us together.
abbyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #366
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLou1962 View Post
They're animatronic, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
We will be on the more semi-formal, if not cruise casual on formal night. I am still in the process of losing weight. I have another 20 to go, and buying new clothes is not on the agenda. I think I am going to have to live in my bathing suit for the two weeks. It will make packing easy.

I have my company Gala this Saturday night, and I am wearing my "little black dress" that is 6 sizes too big. I hangs like a bag on me, but I just can't fork out a couple hundred dollars for one night. If I find time, I may try a second hand store. I have tried on my DD prom dresses, and they fit, but not age appropriate. Or what my mind has sees me wearing.
I've sent you a pm. Maybe I can find something for you around here.

This year, I have so many things for which to be thankful - good health, good friends, a 'speck' that didn't need a biopsy, dh's knee that only needed pt instead of surgery, sunny days, and a cruise to look forward to (ok, 4 cruises. and a train journey.)

What are YOU particularly thankful for this year?
Old 11-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #367
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
I am assuming that DCL transfers will have me to the airport by 10 ish if all goes smoothly. Will I be able to check in at the airport even if my flight isn't until 2? I am already stressed about the flight since the seats I reserved when the flight was booked last Feb are no longer available. I called to verify all the flight ino today only to learn that we didn't have any seat assignments and that they didn't have 4 seats near each other. I don't want my 7 and 9 year old sitting away from me for a nearly 6 hour flight! Hopefully I can swap with some others once at the airport.
I'm sure there will be no problems checking in. I normally check in and receive my boarding pass, at home, 24 hours before the flight. The earlier the better.

On a similar note... I was flying home on Continental Airlines with my then 5yr old DS. I was a bit late checking in and was standing in line for the gate agent and heard an announcement that if I hadn't checked in by now, I had basically lost my seating. Obviously, we had seats together. By the time I reached the agent, she could only confirm my DS' original seat and I was booked into a seat several rows back in the plane. When we boarded, I sat in my original seat and when the passenger showed up to sit, I explained the situation and he was kind enough to switch seats.

During the flight, after being delayed on the ground on the plan for about 1 hour, my DS was noisy. A flight attendant asked me "Can you keep him quiet?" I replied, "No, can you?" Subsequently I gave my DS his waterproof Crayola markers and his coloring book. He took some solace in not only coloring in the book, but on the tray table and bulkhead of the airplane. When an attendant noticed the new aircraft colors she asked, "What are you going to do about that?!" I replied, "Just hand me a wet towel and all will be good." It all wiped up without any residue.

Needless to say I never flew Continental again.
mug318ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #368
BTH
Crazy Cal Kids going for Gold

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #369
paulcrsb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug318ca View Post
paulcrsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #370
jsails
Mouseketeer

Happy Thanksgiving !!!
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #371
onekindman
Lucky 7th Trip, Go East Young Men, Go East! (DIS Vet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger Dog
WARNING -- This post contains an FE spoiler. Skip if you'd rather be suprised.

Still reading? Okay. Here it goes. Our FE gifts are pirate themed and will be given out on the day of Pirate Night. We've added a twist. In addition to the gifts, each package contains a different playing card (we bought multiple decks of cards -- all with a sports theme, of course).

For those few of you lucky enough to capture the Jack of Spades (aka -- Captain Jack Spade-row), you'll collect an additonal pirate reward . . . but only if you find us during Pirate Night and follow the instructions attached to the card. The boys will wear their pirate mouse ears, so we should be pretty easy to find.

Sorry for the spoiler, but I realized that only those with the Jack of Spades would understand why we added the playing cards to the package. We should have extras, so we'll accomodate as many late comers as possible.

Good luck!!
You should add that the boys have brown bandana pirate mouse ears as there are many pirate mouse ears on pirate night.

Proud member of the Lost Beer Boys!
Single dad of two wonderful sons
(hence the reason for being in LBB!)
onekindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #372
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

To digress....in addition to medication for motion sickness, DH also uses ginger tablets with good effect. They can be found at Walmart and other places where vitamins, supplements, etc are sold.

Now, back to holiday grazing....
Old 11-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #373
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug318ca View Post
I'm sure there will be no problems checking in. I normally check in and receive my boarding pass, at home, 24 hours before the flight. The earlier the better.

On a similar note... I was flying home on Continental Airlines with my then 5yr old DS. I was a bit late checking in and was standing in line for the gate agent and heard an announcement that if I hadn't checked in by now, I had basically lost my seating. Obviously, we had seats together. By the time I reached the agent, she could only confirm my DS' original seat and I was booked into a seat several rows back in the plane. When we boarded, I sat in my original seat and when the passenger showed up to sit, I explained the situation and he was kind enough to switch seats.

During the flight, after being delayed on the ground on the plan for about 1 hour, my DS was noisy. A flight attendant asked me "Can you keep him quiet?" I replied, "No, can you?" Subsequently I gave my DS his waterproof Crayola markers and his coloring book. He took some solace in not only coloring in the book, but on the tray table and bulkhead of the airplane. When an attendant noticed the new aircraft colors she asked, "What are you going to do about that?!" I replied, "Just hand me a wet towel and all will be good." It all wiped up without any residue.

Wow, what a $%^&&@* of a sky waitress !!!!
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #374
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Happy Thanksgiving

We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. So grateful for so many things. We had 4 of the grandkids here all day and it was chaos, but truly wonderful at the same time. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #375
socababy
DIS Veteran

After cooking and cleaning up a huge Thanksgiving feast, I am ready for a 2 week vacation where I don't have to do either of those!
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
socababy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: