Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 03:41 AM   #331
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
We are listed with Jeff's info with early dining. I just pulled up my ressie on DCL and can't see where we are linked for dining. Where on the site do you find it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
I don't see the actual list of who we are linked with, but when I go into Cruise Activities, I get a warning that "Your maximum limit for linked rooms has been exceeded" Since I haven't linked anything, I know that must be dining.
So I'm sure there's an easier way, (Depending on what spot you log into, you may have to go to online check in first, then click edit documents) but what I do is, log in and under cruise summary click where it says onboard account. Click to edit one of the passengers. First is payment information and then payment coverage. There is the lists of room numbers and passengers that you are linked with. On a side note, if anyone would like to grant charging privileges to my girls, I'm ok with that. Don't make any changes, just click on return to overview. If anyone knows how to check dining rotation, I'd love some help.

Last edited by So Cal Crew; 11-21-2012 at 02:18 PM.
So Cal Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #332
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew View Post
So I'm sure there's an easier way, but what I do is, log in and under cruise summary click where it says onboard account. Click to edit one of the passengers. First is payment information and then payment coverage. There is the lists of room numbers and passengers that you are linked with. On a side note, if anyone would like to grant charging privileges to my girls, I'm ok with that. Don't make any changes, just click on return to overview. If anyone knows how to check dining rotation, I'd love some help.
That worked. Wow, the list for early dining group looks so large when listed out like that. 35 people on mine.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #333
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
We are late seating too and Tammy was handling our group reservations. I would also prefer Dining Rotation #3 with Formal at Triton's and Pirate Night at Parrot Cay. How can I tell if chrissyt27's rotation requeste went through for us too? I can see that we are linked with magicmaker1, mug318ca, holula, haileyboo, chrissyt27, the Howells and the Judish families by looking at my reservations but I think there were 4 couples at 1 table and then a few families/couples with us at another table. Is the info on Jeffs Meets tab how we are grouped? I'll get it straight by the time we sail. The days are flying by.
Sounds like all the reservation are linked. If you want the seating to be a particular way, I'd establish that and then call DCL back and have the request put on your reservation.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #334
hedgerow
Adventure Keeps Calling My Name!

I tried to find out if we were linked using both methods but it doesn't show up. Can anyone tell if we are linked with you?

Been there done that? Maybebut I wanna do it again!
hedgerow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #335
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Jamie, your names were linked to mine, so early dining linked group.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #336
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goiu View Post
I looked up my ressie on DCL tonight. It says that we end in Galvaston! That can't be right!! Right??
Lisa
The EBPC 2013 ends in Galveston. So I think they just have a glitch.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #337
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goiu View Post
I looked up my ressie on DCL tonight. It says that we end in Galvaston! That can't be right!! Right??
At least the picture of our itinerary still shows us going to Miami.

Cathy
Old 11-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #338
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

For the women who are dressing up for formal nights - are you doing a full gown on both nights or are you getting more "dressed up" on one night or the other? I have one long gown that I would like to wear and one shorter gown but I can't decide which to wear on what night. People have talked about one night being a Prince and Princess night - which of the formal nights is that? Might make more sense to wear the long gown that night...
Old 11-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #339
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
For the women who are dressing up for formal nights - are you doing a full gown on both nights or are you getting more "dressed up" on one night or the other? I have one long gown that I would like to wear and one shorter gown but I can't decide which to wear on what night. People have talked about one night being a Prince and Princess night - which of the formal nights is that? Might make more sense to wear the long gown that night...
I haven't worn a gown in years. And just for the record, I don't wear heels either, but I will do my hair nicely and wear makeup! I'm old enough to do what I want, right?

I have a nice formal suit for one night, and haven't quite decided what to wear for the other night. I'm not even sure that my outfits really meet the definition of "formal". DH will wear his tux both nights, and also the night we go to Palo (Pirate Night), since that one will be our anniversary celebration, and he LIKES wearing a tux--maybe because it's all matched up for him and he can't go wrong ! For semi-formal night I have a nice sparkly top which will go with the pants from formal night.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #340
ArGa
Earning My Ears

seasickness

Since DH and I have never cruised before, we have no idea if we will feel the effects of seasickness. Maybe taking a 2 week cruise was not the best way to find out? I don't really anticipate a problem because we have both been on smaller vessels such as ferries and we have not had any problems and neither of us really suffer from motionsickness. But if we do, what do people suggest is the best medication to have on hand for seasickness? I think that I will be so busy during the day that I will forget that I am floating on top of a vast, dark, scary, body of water containing man eating creatures such as sharks (at least, I hope that I will forget)! But I am worried about nightime and lying in my bed. Do you feel the motion of the waves a lot? Does is get worrisome at times? I know we all have to die sometime, I just prefer not to do it by drowning or being eaten by sharks. Any suggestions for combatting panic attacks in the middle of the night?
ArGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #341
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerow View Post
I tried to find out if we were linked using both methods but it doesn't show up. Can anyone tell if we are linked with you?
My little one was having the same problem. I changed the instructions a little. See if that helps.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #342
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGa View Post
Since DH and I have never cruised before, we have no idea if we will feel the effects of seasickness. Maybe taking a 2 week cruise was not the best way to find out? I don't really anticipate a problem because we have both been on smaller vessels such as ferries and we have not had any problems and neither of us really suffer from motionsickness. But if we do, what do people suggest is the best medication to have on hand for seasickness? I think that I will be so busy during the day that I will forget that I am floating on top of a vast, dark, scary, body of water containing man eating creatures such as sharks (at least, I hope that I will forget)! But I am worried about nightime and lying in my bed. Do you feel the motion of the waves a lot? Does is get worrisome at times? I know we all have to die sometime, I just prefer not to do it by drowning or being eaten by sharks. Any suggestions for combatting panic attacks in the middle of the night?
I hear you! On our first (and only other) cruise I could have stocked my own pharmacy I had so many different medications. I was thrilled when shopping at the Cocoa Beach Publix to discover a vast selection of product not available in Canada and bought even more! In the end we didn't use any of it--to my relief. I shall be bringing it all with me again this time--just in case! Actually I'll bring even more since this cruise is twice as long. Just in case.

I also have little twinges of anxiety about the deep, dark ocean. I can't even watch documentaries about the Titanic and movies like The Deep--no way!!!! I found I never even thought of that while on board. And this time I suspect with so many new DIS friends to visit with that these concerns will fade even further.

I deal with nighttime anxiety of the type you mention by taking a sleeping pill. This works like a charm. And has the added benefit of rendering me oblivious to my DH's snoring. He claims that I am the one who snores, but I am sure he is simply mistaken!

ML
MaryLou1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #343
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGa View Post
Unfortunately, I tend to get VERY seasick, but it doesn't stop me from cruising or doing anything. I use the seabands and eat green apples (thanks to a DIS'er for that suggestion!!!!) and have found that helps a whole lot. I don't like taking medication when I can do without it. The good thing about seasickness is that you know what it is, and you know that it will go away. Strangely, keeping food in my stomach tends to help a lot, as does being outside, or even being able to see outside. We've been on a few cruises with some really bad weather, but my last four cruises had absolutely perfect weather. On my cruise to Canada in September, the water was so still and smooth that it actually looked like it was fake water. The best thing to do is keep your mind off the fact that the ship is moving, and don't stand or sit still.

I don't worry about being out in the middle of nowhere or being eaten by sea creatures. I don't worry about things that I can't fix, and once I'm on the ship I can't fix where it goes!

Beth
Old 11-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #344
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

Quote:
So I'm sure there's an easier way, (Depending on what spot you log into, you may have to go to online check in first, then click edit documents) but what I do is, log in and under cruise summary click where it says onboard account. Click to edit one of the passengers. First is payment information and then payment coverage. There is the lists of room numbers and passengers that you are linked with. On a side note, if anyone would like to grant charging privileges to my girls, I'm ok with that. Don't make any changes, just click on return to overview. If anyone knows how to check dining rotation, I'd love some help.
I called and we are all still linked. I believe the best thing to do is call if you want a particular rotation. I am not partial to any particular rotation but the less time spent in Parrot Cay the better.
mug318ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #345
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

It was my DD's birthday on Monday and my DW's on Tuesday. DD was born at 11:59PM as my DW didn't want to share her birthday. Anyway, my DD and her boyfriend (both CM's) booked a room at the Disneyland Hotel. After their stay, the hotel offered an additional night at the same CM rate. So I took the room on night 2 for myself and my DW. Very nice time. I have never stayed at the DL Hotel, though I have been in the rooms of others who had.

These quickie vacations are very hard to recover from.
mug318ca is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: