Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #316
Liz Arjay
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyar View Post
If you're interested please PM me. We'll have it in a stateroom, and anyone who would like to drink, I ask they bring a bottle of bubbly priced $12-$20 to share. We'll order snacks from room service and have a bubbly tasting.

I'm willing to host, but we're IGT. If you're willing to host please PM me.

I think the date of the last formal night will probably be best - most of the other sea days have already been taken for other M&G's.

Sorry- I don't know how the mad face got in there!!
Abbyar;
Just tried to PM you but not sure if it worked. I want to be in the champagne and tiaras party! I have IGT also so perhaps another person with a larger room can host. I will bring bubbly!
Liz
Liz Arjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #317
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Cartagena

It totally slipped my mind that my friend/co-worker in the PIT office is from Colombia until she was talking about being home for Christmas. Anyway, she isn't form Cartagena but has been often. She gave some good advice and looked at all the Disney excursions. She said the best overall excursion appears to be the "Best of Cartagena" and she feels the best one for kids is the carriage tour and the best adults only is the Chiva Bus, which she says are awesome and so much fun! She said the beach at Las Americas Hotel is amazing and Rosario Islands are a must see if you are a sea/water loving family. She said she wouldn't suggest a mangrove tour and that the bugs will be horrible on that tour.
Other info:
There is a gold muesum, which she remembers being free and is a "can't miss". She said to have lunch at a Juan del Mar resturant, there are three total and are in the same block or get coffee/have lunch on Plaza Santo Domingo. You can get a carriage for a tour at the Plaza de Bolivar, she said its similar to getting on at central park and you can also get a carriage tour of the modern city. For a beach, Playa Blanca is the best and do not go to Bocagrande beach, this beach is muddy. You must eat coconut rice and fried plantains. She wrote more notes for me but since she was thinking about Colombia, she wrote them in Spainsh, she plans on rewriting them for me tomorrow. Also, she will be in Colombia while we are there and will leave me her contact info for any emergancies. She said if you have any questions for her, she can answer them tomorrow. She wants everyone to give Colombia a fair shot and that it isn't any more dangerous than any other large city in the world.
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #318
jsails
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Who all besides ChipperMerlin & I are staying in San Pedro on the Saturday night? Is there any interest in a pre cruise meet?
We are and so are our friends. Hopefully we will be in by noon. A meet sounds great.
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #319
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
No, it's not too late.

Also, those doing the early seating DIS dining, I put in a request for the Parrots/Animator/Triton's dining rotation. This would have us dining in Triton's 5 times (including 1 formal and semi-formal night), Animator's the other formal night and Parrot on Pirate Night.

Finally, seeing tweetybabee's sig reminded me that we're planning on visiting DL and CA on Saturday before the cruise. We'll be wearing our lanyards with name cards so say hi if you see us.
I did this for our late dining tables as well. Well at least mine. I know we are linked and I asked our TA to try to keep both together.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
chrissyt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #320
jsails
Mouseketeer

Physical therapy today was good. I got a smaller back brace and a wheelchair. The chair is for long distance walking and sitting. Without it I would not be able to be at deck parties. I cannot stand for long periods. You might see me pushing the chair. My therapist said that was good because I can walk longer with some support and when I start hurting I've got a place to sit.

I'm glad we're at the back of the ship cause I'm going to try to dine without the brace or chair. If I can't then I can't but I'm gonna try. I don't want to wear a brace on top of formal wear. Doc said it was ok as long as I wasn't in a crowd where I might get knocked or pushed.

I'm progressing and I still have two more weeks of therapy before the cruise. As bad as my fall was I am thankful it wasn't worse. I think we have decided that I will not fly to CABO before the cruise so I can work on getting better and DH will join me here the first of Dec.

DH went swimming with a whale shark this week. Darn I wish I was in Mexico with him!
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #321
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsails View Post
Physical therapy today was good. I got a smaller back brace and a wheelchair. The chair is for long distance walking and sitting. Without it I would not be able to be at deck parties. I cannot stand for long periods. You might see me pushing the chair. My therapist said that was good because I can walk longer with some support and when I start hurting I've got a place to sit.

I'm glad we're at the back of the ship cause I'm going to try to dine without the brace or chair. If I can't then I can't but I'm gonna try. I don't want to wear a brace on top of formal wear. Doc said it was ok as long as I wasn't in a crowd where I might get knocked or pushed.

I'm progressing and I still have two more weeks of therapy before the cruise. As bad as my fall was I am thankful it wasn't worse. I think we have decided that I will not fly to CABO before the cruise so I can work on getting better and DH will join me here the first of Dec.

DH went swimming with a whale shark this week. Darn I wish I was in Mexico with him!
Glad you're making progress. It's been a long, hard road, from the sounds of it.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #322
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyt27 View Post
I did this for our late dining tables as well. Well at least mine. I know we are linked and I asked our TA to try to keep both together.
Thanks Chrissy!

magicmaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #323
hedgerow
Adventure Keeps Calling My Name!

Does anybody know where we are as far as percentage of our cruise sold. Just wondering if we r going to have a full house.

Been there done that? Maybebut I wanna do it again!
hedgerow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #324
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyt27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmaker1 View Post
I'm in one of the late dining groups and think that is a great rotation.
We are late seating too and Tammy was handling our group reservations. I would also prefer Dining Rotation #3 with Formal at Triton's and Pirate Night at Parrot Cay. How can I tell if chrissyt27's rotation requeste went through for us too? I can see that we are linked with magicmaker1, mug318ca, holula, haileyboo, chrissyt27, the Howells and the Judish families by looking at my reservations but I think there were 4 couples at 1 table and then a few families/couples with us at another table. Is the info on Jeffs Meets tab how we are grouped? I'll get it straight by the time we sail. The days are flying by.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #325
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
It totally slipped my mind that my friend/co-worker in the PIT office is from Colombia until she was talking about being home for Christmas. Anyway, she isn't form Cartagena but has been often. She gave some good advice and looked at all the Disney excursions. She said the best overall excursion appears to be the "Best of Cartagena" and she feels the best one for kids is the carriage tour and the best adults only is the Chiva Bus, which she says are awesome and so much fun! She said the beach at Las Americas Hotel is amazing and Rosario Islands are a must see if you are a sea/water loving family. She said she wouldn't suggest a mangrove tour and that the bugs will be horrible on that tour.
Other info:
There is a gold muesum, which she remembers being free and is a "can't miss". She said to have lunch at a Juan del Mar resturant, there are three total and are in the same block or get coffee/have lunch on Plaza Santo Domingo. You can get a carriage for a tour at the Plaza de Bolivar, she said its similar to getting on at central park and you can also get a carriage tour of the modern city. For a beach, Playa Blanca is the best and do not go to Bocagrande beach, this beach is muddy. You must eat coconut rice and fried plantains. She wrote more notes for me but since she was thinking about Colombia, she wrote them in Spainsh, she plans on rewriting them for me tomorrow. Also, she will be in Colombia while we are there and will leave me her contact info for any emergancies. She said if you have any questions for her, she can answer them tomorrow. She wants everyone to give Colombia a fair shot and that it isn't any more dangerous than any other large city in the world.
Sounds like great info. One question...do we need local currency (as I suspect) or will USD be widely accepted? I'm thinking of shops in the old city or restaurants in the area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsails View Post

Sounds like you are progressing nicely; hard work definitely pays off . Slap some Mickey heads on that chair, and you'll be riding in style .

Swimming with the sharks? Sounds like an episode of the Sopranos! I admire your nerve.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #326
socababy
DIS Veteran

I am surprised to see 5 suites still available. What a great upgrade opportunity! Anyone hoping to snag one of those at the port??
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
socababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #327
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew View Post
We are late seating too and Tammy was handling our group reservations. I would also prefer Dining Rotation #3 with Formal at Triton's and Pirate Night at Parrot Cay. How can I tell if chrissyt27's rotation requeste went through for us too? I can see that we are linked with magicmaker1, mug318ca, holula, haileyboo, chrissyt27, the Howells and the Judish families by looking at my reservations but I think there were 4 couples at 1 table and then a few families/couples with us at another table. Is the info on Jeffs Meets tab how we are grouped? I'll get it straight by the time we sail. The days are flying by.
We are listed with Jeff's info with early dining. I just pulled up my ressie on DCL and can't see where we are linked for dining. Where on the site do you find it?
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #328
goiu
Mouseketeer

Hi there!

My inlaws arrived today. So, this begins the first of our families to come visit before the cruise. Next my parents, brother, sister in law, and my 7 month old niece come next week. Then I can think about packing for the cruise. A couple of things. I looked up my ressie on DCL tonight. It says that we end in Galvaston! That can't be right!! Right?? Also, heard from my TA that DCL is not going to have transportation to FLL. Bummer! So, I went ahead and booked with SAS. They said you don't need car seats! So, that's a huge bonus for us!! Well, hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Lisa
goiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #329
goiu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
I am surprised to see 5 suites still available. What a great upgrade opportunity! Anyone hoping to snag one of those at the port??
I would love to! Wonder how much more it will go for than what we got our verandah?
goiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:04 AM   #330
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Other info:
She sThere is a gold muesum, which she remembers being free and is a "can't miss". aid to have lunch at a Juan del Mar resturant, there are three total and are in the same block or get coffee/have lunch on Plaza Santo Domingo. You can get a carriage for a tour at the Plaza de Bolivar, she said its similar to getting on at central park and you can also get a carriage tour of the modern city. For a beach, Playa Blanca is the best and do not go to Bocagrande beach, this beach is muddy. You must eat coconut rice and fried plantains. She wrote more notes for me but since she was thinking about Colombia, she wrote them in Spainsh, she plans on rewriting them for me tomorrow. Also, she will be in Colombia while we are there and will leave me her contact info for any emergancies. She said if you have any questions for her, she can answer them tomorrow. She wants everyone to give Colombia a fair shot and that it isn't any more dangerous than any other large city in the world.
Thanks for the great info. We are undecided about what to do. Want to do a carriage tour, but think DS may get bored. Someone mentioned bringing a camera for them to use themselves. If we do it, I may have his Ipod touch hidden in case he starts getting antsy. The beach is another idea, but I really would like to see the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
We would love a suite, but I doubt it will be affordable for us, since we started as IGT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
We are listed with Jeff's info with early dining. I just pulled up my ressie on DCL and can't see where we are linked for dining. Where on the site do you find it?
I don't see the actual list of who we are linked with, but when I go into Cruise Activities, I get a warning that "Your maximum limit for linked rooms has been exceeded" Since I haven't linked anything, I know that must be dining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goiu View Post
Hi there!
A couple of things. I looked up my ressie on DCL tonight. It says that we end in Galvaston! That can't be right!! Right?? Lisa

Ha! I just saw that too. Interesting twist if it is correct, but I am sure it is a mistake on Disney's part. Their website has been known to be wonky.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: