Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #301
ArGa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLou1962 View Post
I just finished my door magnets and while I think the magnets I have will work out ok, I am thinking about what to bring for back up.

I have not read anything about StickyTac anywhere. Can this be used? I have white StickyTac, if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

ML
I remember reading somewhere either in this thread or in another one about what Disney will and will not allow for sticking things to the door. Obviously, they do not want us to damage the paint in any way. I think there is a thread somewhere on the dis boards that talks about that. Along that note, I was in a store yesterday looking at beautiful Christmas vinyl peel and stick decorations for any flat surfaces. Does anyone know if those would be ok to use on the cabin doors?
ArGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #302
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

They only care that when you take your stuff down you don't take any of their paint with it.
mug318ca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #303
tweetybabee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Susan and I cranked out 170+ name tags this weekend. They look really good. Any last requests before I put the laminator away?
Hi Jeff! Just got back on the board for the first time in a few weeks. Work has been keeping me quite busy. Can't wait for the cruise. Anyway, the nametags look great. I just submitted a request, but I understand if it's too late.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #304
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

No, it's not too late.

Also, those doing the early seating DIS dining, I put in a request for the Parrots/Animator/Triton's dining rotation. This would have us dining in Triton's 5 times (including 1 formal and semi-formal night), Animator's the other formal night and Parrot on Pirate Night.

Finally, seeing tweetybabee's sig reminded me that we're planning on visiting DL and CA on Saturday before the cruise. We'll be wearing our lanyards with name cards so say hi if you see us.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by Jeff Spencer; 11-20-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #305
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
Where will you be in New Jersey? It's lovely here at this time of year, when we're not having hurricanes!

Beth
What do you mean???.... It was lovely during Hurricane Sandy. We are STORM CHASERS!!!
No, not really, we went down on the Saturday to stay with my cousin as her husband was leaving that day for Germany on business. She is in Hackettstown. We were lucky, in that the storm didn't hit directly overhead.
They lost power until Thursday night.
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #306
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, it's not too late.

Also, those doing the early seating DIS dining, I put in a request for the Parrots/Animator/Triton's dining rotation. This would have us dining in Triton's 5 times (including 1 formal and semi-formal night), Animator's the other formal night and Parrot on Pirate Night.

Finally, seeing tweetybabee's sig reminded me that we're planning on visiting DL and CA on Saturday before the cruise. We'll be wearing our lanyards with name cards so say hi if you see us.
Think thats the best rotation. Thanks for requesting it.

We will be at DLR from Monday until we leave on Sunday, staying at The Grand Californian. We will keep a look-out for you. Anyone else doing the Holiday Tour on the Tuesday at 1:30?
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #307
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLou1962 View Post
I just finished my door magnets and while I think the magnets I have will work out ok, I am thinking about what to bring for back up.

I have not read anything about StickyTac anywhere. Can this be used? I have white StickyTac, if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

ML
That poster tac stuff is ok, it comes right off but they really don't want tape. I think it's in the sticky thread at the top of the main cruise board - WHICH I highly recommend for general info, if you haven't read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug318ca View Post
We bring Lawry's Cream Corn. Can't show up without it.

Ingredients
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
2 tablespoons sugar
3 cups canned whole kernel corn ( or fresh or frozen is okay)

Directions
  1. Melt butter in heavy saucepan.
  2. Add flour and salt, stirring to blend.
  3. Slowly add whipping cream, stirring constantly until thickened.
  4. Add sugar and corn, heat.
  5. For Au Gratin creamed corn, place corn in a 9 or 10 inch shallow casserole dish.
  6. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and brown under broiler.
OH. My. YUM. (Diabetic coma here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerow View Post
Baking day here. . . . There will be at least 13 here, maybe more depending on the nieces and nephews.
Today I am making 3 pumpkin pies, 1 apple, 1 pecan, lemon poppy seed muffins, cornbread and pretzel salad.
When we got new appliances this summer I got a stove with two ovens. And we put our old fridge in the basement. Putting them all to use today!
Thanksgiving is also my oldest ds birthday. He will be 23. And Friday is my birthday I will be twice his age. So Friday night we will be having another family party to celebrate. This is probably the best weekend of the whole year in our house. Because then Saturday we will head to the family cabin to get ready for buck season.
And just because it isn't quite festive already, youngest ds(21) left a few ours ago to visit his girlfriend for two days and propose.

I wanna be at YOUR house for the weekend - it sounds like tons of fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGa View Post
I remember reading somewhere either in this thread or in another one about what Disney will and will not allow for sticking things to the door. Obviously, they do not want us to damage the paint in any way. I think there is a thread somewhere on the dis boards that talks about that. Along that note, I was in a store yesterday looking at beautiful Christmas vinyl peel and stick decorations for any flat surfaces. Does anyone know if those would be ok to use on the cabin doors?
If they're "cling" decorations like you would use on windows, I don't think they will stick. Those depend on the surface tension of damp glass and the doors aren't smooth enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
. . .
We will be at DLR from Monday until we leave on Sunday, staying at The Grand Californian. We will keep a look-out for you. Anyone else doing the Holiday Tour on the Tuesday at 1:30?
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. I wish I was YOU!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #308
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
No, it's not too late.

Is Disney usually good about giving you the dining rotation requested? I'm in one of the late dining groups and think that is a great rotation.

magicmaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #309
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
What do you mean???.... It was lovely during Hurricane Sandy. We are STORM CHASERS!!!
No, not really, we went down on the Saturday to stay with my cousin as her husband was leaving that day for Germany on business. She is in Hackettstown. We were lucky, in that the storm didn't hit directly overhead.
They lost power until Thursday night.
Hackettstown is beautiful this time of year. I'm very close to Sea Bright and Monmouth Beach, which were devastated, and yet the city where I work (Long Branch) and the town where I live (Deal) escaped fairly easily once you leave the immediate oceanfront/riverfront areas. We didn't have power for 11 nights. Living like the pioneers was quite an adventure!

Beth
Old 11-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #310
PinkPug
Earning My Ears

Jessicamom I did not say that last night. Nathan did it. If you want somebody to blame blame nathan. I'm also very exciting about our trip. I went to the dentist and I have no cavities.
PinkPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #311
abbyar
Mouseketeer

Red face Champagne Cocktails

If you're interested please PM me. We'll have it in a stateroom, and anyone who would like to drink, I ask they bring a bottle of bubbly priced $12-$20 to share. We'll order snacks from room service and have a bubbly tasting.

I'm willing to host, but we're IGT. If you're willing to host please PM me.

I think the date of the last formal night will probably be best - most of the other sea days have already been taken for other M&G's.

Sorry- I don't know how the mad face got in there!!
abbyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #312
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Who all besides ChipperMerlin & I are staying in San Pedro on the Saturday night? Is there any interest in a pre cruise meet?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #313
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPug View Post
Jessicamom I did not say that last night. Nathan did it. If you want somebody to blame blame nathan. I'm also very exciting about our trip. I went to the dentist and I have no cavities.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #314
abbyar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Who all besides ChipperMerlin & I are staying in San Pedro on the Saturday night? Is there any interest in a pre cruise meet?
We'll be in San Pedro (Doubletree) but given the time change, we probably won't get out for a M&G that evening.

Is anyone else staying at the Doubletree - do you know how the shuttle works? I'm curious. Thanks!
abbyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #315
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

I'm Back

Boarded my flight out of MCO this morning at 4:45AM, arrived in PIT and was working by 10:00AM. I miss the Mouse already. DH and I had a great time with friends during our quick 36 hour visit to WDW with the exception that my friends picked us up in a car where they had written in window paint, BOOMER SOONER, OU, Go Oklahoma, etc with the OU fight song blaring. Still not over the 1 pt. loss. Everything at the New Fantasyland was great and we had a good meal at Be Our Guest, we ate there for lunch and dinner on Sunday. We drank around the world on Monday afternoon, I made it through all 11 countries plus some "extra" shots, the boys were trashed before Italy. I am just glad my pregnant friend didn't kill us. Counting down the days until we are back on vacation! I also found mouse ears that had a huge diamond in the center so of course I had to buy them for the sister to wear at DLR. Not quite sure how to hide them....I'll check back up tonight on what I have missed.
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: