Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #16
Chinook
Sail Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
The old thread will be locked at 250 pages. here is your new thread.

Thanks for watching the thread and starting a new one!
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #17
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Journals

So since they were mentioned again, I will let you all know that for the teen girls in the FE group, they will be getting books from us. Not Disney specific, but anyone that didn't get one of Emily's, know that your cabin may still be getting something.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #18
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
If they aren't cruise specific I would love 1 of each as we are taking one of our grandsons on the Magic at the end of January.
Thanks so much for the kind offer to share.....
They are cruise specific and the autograph books are year specific. sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
When he's in a noisy environment, he's another one who smile and nods, or sometimes answers what he thinks you said. It makes for some unusual conversations every now and then!

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Well I might as well fess up as well, this is me! I have a hearing problem, actually its an auditory processing problem (hence the not speaking till I was 5) and I do a lot of lip reading and filling in the blanks and when that fails, I just smile and nod . It gets bad in loud environments. The more I drink, the poorer my lip reading gets and that makes for the unusual conversations. My friends like to have fun with this! And when my family doesn't want me to know something they just turn their head or cover their mouths, so mean!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
So since they were mentioned again, I will let you all know that for the teen girls in the FE group, they will be getting books from us. Not Disney specific, but anyone that didn't get one of Emily's, know that your cabin may still be getting something.
Great minds think alike, didn't mean me to step on your FE toes!
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #19
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952

My DH is a bit hard of hearing (won't admit it LOL!!!!) and has no short term memory at all. He may not remember your name, but he will remember that he met you. When he's in a noisy environment, he's another one who smile and nods, or sometimes answers what he thinks you said. It makes for some unusual conversations every now and then!

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Count me into the smile and nod group sometimes... I had a bad patch where I suffered from labyrinthitis and ear infections and it affected my hearing. So if I smile and nod and whatever it is affected my hearing just ask again!
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!), 2014 Southern Caribbean
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
holula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #20
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

Sometimes my smiling and nodding might be more related to how much I've had to drink.

Seriously, I can't wait for the next 28 days to zoom by!
MaryLou1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #21
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

CARRIED OVER FROM PT.1

A fabulous website has been set up for our cruise by Jeff Spencer. Please visit it at http://12-09-12-ebpccruisers.weebly.com/

DVCinderella has kindly volunteered to keep a roll call up to date as well as a list of special events being planned and who is planning them! Please see page 6, post #77 for the roll call and page 6, post #79 for all the special events being planned for this fantastic cruise!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

A FACEBOOK group has been started for this WONDERful cruise! If you'd like to join, here's the link!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/31346...3468622054824/

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

Fish Extender Exchange

dthogue is organizing the FE Exchange for those who are interested, let the planning can begin!

If you are interested, please PM dthogue the following information - she will follow up with an PM and an email.

Dis Name
Names of the adults
Names and ages of the children
Cabin Number
email address

Cutoff - the last date to register will be October 9th - 2 months before sailing.

At that point, a decision will be made if we will spilt into groups smaller groups. If a spilt is made you will be asked if you want to gift to everyone (be on both lists) or if you want to be on only one list. Unless we get a extraordinary amount of participants, the list will be divided in half, based strictly on numbers.

Gifts - you decide how you want to gift - one per cabin, one per person, adult gifts, kids gift etc.

Delivery - each cabin will be assigned either week one or week two to deliver their gifts. This will only be a GUIDELINE, not set in stone - if for some reason your week doesn't work, you are free to deliver whenever you want - it is just a way to avoid having the gifts all delivered the same week.

Any questions or comments, PM dthogue!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

"NOT a special event, but if anyone would like, I will undertake to arrange for the private shuttle from Port to Fort Lauderdale on the 23rd. Please pm your flight time and number of people (including ages of kids) to me with SHUTTLE in the subject line."

Thank you.
Linda (LindaBabe)
Old 11-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #22
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
I have 10 pre-printed journals and autographs books, if anyone wants them, let me know, otherwise they will be making their way into the recycling bin soon!
I would like a journal or the PDF for it.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #23
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
As others have mentioned, I am one of those shy people until you get to know me, and it may not take too long to get to know me. I can chat all I want on line, and then I freeze when I meet people or I feel it is awkward to go up to someone that you really do not know and start a conversation. If there isn't a conversation about working out or dieting, I am lost for words. When it comes to going to a club and loud noise, I can not hear worth a dam, so I just smile and nod yes, hoping I am not committing to anything.

This sounds like me too - my family tells me I need to be more social. This will be our 7th Disney cruise and I always say I'm going to the DIS meet on the first day and never do. On our last Magic cruise, we went to the Promenade lounge and watched from afar - I didn't have the nerve to walk over and join in

Tammy

dthogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #24
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Wow, can't believe we are already on page 2 of the 2nd thread! I am recovering from having five 14 year old boys spend the night for a b-day party. Man, to be young again...staying up late to me is about 10:00pm...not 2 or 3 in the morning! I am just so glad the kids don't have school tomorrow so we can all sleep in (hopefully).

My goal this week is to have the rest of the kid FE gifts done. I have 11 more to do, so I am pretty confident I can get it done. Just have to hit Michael's up one more time for some more paint. We will be heading down to my parents house on Friday after school for the Thanksgiving week, so won't get anything done next week. Not looking forward to the drive home the Sunday after Thanksgiving...we will be leaving very early in the morning to hopefully avoid some traffic. It can be a nightmare going from Palm Springs to the Bay area!

Hope you all enjoy your day off (those that get one!) DH has to work, so I know not everyone gets to enjoy it!
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #25
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
I started pulling clothes out of the closet for dd but I am having a hard time. For those of you who have done the Panama Canal cruise before, what type of weather did you have on sea days? I was surprised how cool it was on our Hawaii cruise and I am wondering if we will have cool days at sea too?
Bump (from Part 1). Trying to pack too. Does anyone know? Also, I finally bought a gown this weekend for formal night. Don't know what to wear for semi-formal night though...
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #26
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

'Borrowed' from Turkey day on the Wonder Thread...

Okay, so I borrowed this quote from the aforementioned thread. I remember LindaBabe wrote the terminal is a pretty miserable place at the Port of LA, maybe this could liven it up a bit?

"Cruise Terminal Prior to Boarding: Meet by the largest TV display where Disney movies/shows are playing. It's obvious...once you're through security, just go straight ahead past the restrooms towards the far wall and look on your right. There's plenty of seating, and TV for the kids while we wait for kids registration to open, Mickey's arrival for photos, and boarding to begin. I'll post a DIS sign as well to help you find us. You'd be surprised...it's actually pretty easy to figure out who's in our group jsut from what you learn online. We are usually very early arrivers at the terminal so just look for us. I'll be looking chilled, but anxious to board, while my twin DDs will be running around to meet all their new friends and get the social activities going. This (and the onboard meet) is a great opportunity for the kids to premeet some friends and get over their shyness before hitting the Stack/Edge/Lab/Club/etc. Disney to my knowlege has never really enforced arrival times at the LA/San Pedro terminal, so I wouldn't stress over showing up early."
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #27
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
I have 10 pre-printed journals and autographs books, if anyone wants them, let me know, otherwise they will be making their way into the recycling bin soon!
I would take a Journal. Thanks!
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
chrissyt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #28
RoxyHive
My first cruise ever!

FE Progress

Weeee I just finished making my 80th FE gift for the kids and had to share my excitement with someone. Everyone in my family thinks I'm nuts working on so many crafts for people I've never met. I can be shy to meet new people but I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
RoxyHive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #29
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Since you're coordinating the FE this cruise you should be there to get any last minute cabin number changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
This sounds like me too - my family tells me I need to be more social. This will be our 7th Disney cruise and I always say I'm going to the DIS meet on the first day and never do. On our last Magic cruise, we went to the Promenade lounge and watched from afar - I didn't have the nerve to walk over and join in

Tammy

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #30
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Since you're coordinating the FE this cruise you should be there to get any last minute cabin number changes.
That is my motivation, I know I need to be there and I'm really excited to meet all of you WONDERful people

First BBC for the trip for me - gonna start the cruise off right - who will join me????

Tammy

dthogue is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: