Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #241
adnil530
I'm someone's special someone....he's special too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew

I’ve been out of state the past week and boy did I have a lot to catch up on. My Grandma had a massive stroke on the left side of her brain. She passes away peacefully last night. There were 20 family members at the hospital for the week and 11 of us were from out of state. Grandma was out of state visiting my aunt when it happened. No one wanted to leave Grandma alone so all 11 of us slept at the hospital every night. I only left the hospital to run to the store, get food or take a quick shower. Many never left. My mom’s not doing very well so luckily we have a great support system in our family to help her through. (6 kids, 13 grandkids and 18 great grandkids plus spouses) Grandma was 88, lived alone, walked a mile every day and loved life. She will be missed by all that knew her. We were talking about doing an Alaskan cruise next August. Hug the ones you love and tell them every day how much they mean to you. My Grandma did.

Brenna, know that our Grandmas are together in heaven and have become angels looking over us. Now they’re really going to see everything!
So sorry to hear of your loss. It's never a good time to lose a loved one. Sounds as though her journey started with lots of love. Prayers for strength during this difficult time go your way.

Tammy, so sorry the decision to join us or not has been made. It's for your health so must be adhered to. I don't doubt that we will meet on some cruise going somewhere at some time. Continued prayers for you and your family.

DL: Often 40+ years WDW: 1990; 2005; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011, 2013 Disney Cruises:Magic Bahamas January 20, 2014; Wonder December 9, 2012 Eastbound Panama Canal; Wonder Mexican Riviera November 18, 2012; Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise September 30, 2012; Wonder April 1, 2012 Mexican Riviera; Dream December 29, 2011 5 day New Years Double Dip - Bahamas; Wonder May 31, 2011 Vancouver-Alaska; 10/31/2010 Magic Western Caribbean; Magic 4/25/09 1st trip to Tortola -Roy Suite;
Wonder Bahamas & Poly 12/14/208 and got hooked! Up and Coming:; DL celebrating daughter's 18th B'day May 16, 2014; Wonder May 17, 2014 2 Nt to Nowhere; Wonder b2bMay 17, 2015 2 nt to Nowhere & May 19, 2015 Mexico
adnil530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #242
adnil530
I'm someone's special someone....he's special too.

Had a wonderful day at DL and CA Adventure yesterday. My feet hurt from all the walking. Now while some people might be going over the hills and through the woods to visit family this week, we are boarding the Wonder today on a MR cruise! I know this thread will grow by 15-20 pages while I'm gone and I'll spend a good amount of time time to catch up! Safe travels to all who are traveling. When visiting family and friends this Thanksgiving week hug em all a little tighter and for a little longer.

LindaD

DL: Often 40+ years WDW: 1990; 2005; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011, 2013 Disney Cruises:Magic Bahamas January 20, 2014; Wonder December 9, 2012 Eastbound Panama Canal; Wonder Mexican Riviera November 18, 2012; Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise September 30, 2012; Wonder April 1, 2012 Mexican Riviera; Dream December 29, 2011 5 day New Years Double Dip - Bahamas; Wonder May 31, 2011 Vancouver-Alaska; 10/31/2010 Magic Western Caribbean; Magic 4/25/09 1st trip to Tortola -Roy Suite;
Wonder Bahamas & Poly 12/14/208 and got hooked! Up and Coming:; DL celebrating daughter's 18th B'day May 16, 2014; Wonder May 17, 2014 2 Nt to Nowhere; Wonder b2bMay 17, 2015 2 nt to Nowhere & May 19, 2015 Mexico
adnil530 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #243
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnil530 View Post
Had a wonderful day at DL and CA Adventure yesterday. My feet hurt from all the walking. Now while some people might be going over the hills and through the woods to visit family this week, we are boarding the Wonder today on a MR cruise! I know this thread will grow by 15-20 pages while I'm gone and I'll spend a good amount of time time to catch up! Safe travels to all who are traveling. When visiting family and friends this Thanksgiving week hug em all a little tighter and for a little longer.

LindaD
So much fun! Hoping the rain thinned out the crowds - it usually does! Enjoy the relaxing Wonder!
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #244
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Sorry for your loss, So Cal Crew. I agree with the PP, hold everyone a little tighter, and appreciate the gift we have each day with them.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #245
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Journal Pages

Found these this morning while making our luggage tags. These are cool to do each night (or when sitting out on deck).

http://www.4shared.com/dir/Xs3bCr-w/...l#dir=19404220
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #246
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

New cruisers - What are you looking forward to the MOST about being on board?

Happy Day, all!
EVERYTHING!!!!!
1. Having downtime, since it seems we rarely do.
2. Giving DS plenty of happy, quality time with DH.
3. Enjoying the shows, as I hate spending the money to see good shows in San Francisco, or the time to get into the city.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #247
Chinook
Sail Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
Did you know?
On December 12/12, when we are in Puerto Vallarta it is the Festival of the Virgin of Gauadalupe.

With the festival going on, does anyone know if shops will be open? Walmart?
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #248
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Walmart is right across the street from the port, so it shouldn't be affected by the festival, which is downtown. I'll inquire about the rest of town.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #249
ArGa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLou1962 View Post
We are spending a couple of days in Orlando before flying home and I am finding it VERY difficult not to be planning to go to the parks, but I know it will be just too busy for us. To compensate I've booked a variety of ADRs at some favourite restaurants and we are planning to enjoy Downtown Disney as well. I am comforting my 9 year old--and myself!!!--with the reminder that we were just there in May...

Hopefully it will be warm enough to enjoy a day at a waterpark. Normally, for us, it always seems warm enough, but after this cruise Orlando might actually feel chilly! Although with more than a foot of snow in my front yard already, we'll probably find the motivation!!
You can also go to the town of Celebration which is close to Kissimee for a Disneylike feel. Also, if you have not already done so, go to the Gaylord Palms Resort. It is absolutely gorgeous and it will have lots of fun things to do including walking through a maze of amazing ice sculptures. They also have a scavenger hunt throughout the gigantic atrium. We hunted for the travelocity gnome a few years back and that led to a whole new family Christmas tradition in our house of finding clues to the hidden gnome, The Gaylord Palms is only a few minutes away from Downtown Disney. You can also go to Downtown Disney and take the buses from there to the resorts and walk around the resorts and even ride the resort monorail to see all the Christmas decorations. We spent a week in Orlando last year at Christmas and only bought a one day pass into the parks. It's hard to be so close and yet not go in but there are lots of ways to get a touch of Disney for free.
ArGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #250
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGa View Post
You can also go to the town of Celebration which is close to Kissimee for a Disneylike feel. Also, if you have not already done so, go to the Gaylord Palms Resort. It is absolutely gorgeous and it will have lots of fun things to do including walking through a maze of amazing ice sculptures. They also have a scavenger hunt throughout the gigantic atrium. We hunted for the travelocity gnome a few years back and that led to a whole new family Christmas tradition in our house of finding clues to the hidden gnome, The Gaylord Palms is only a few minutes away from Downtown Disney. You can also go to Downtown Disney and take the buses from there to the resorts and walk around the resorts and even ride the resort monorail to see all the Christmas decorations. We spent a week in Orlando last year at Christmas and only bought a one day pass into the parks. It's hard to be so close and yet not go in but there are lots of ways to get a touch of Disney for free.
I'm checking out Gaylord Palms right now!

My husband and friends are always amazed by all the little tips and tricks I know that make our trips so much more fun and less stressful. I always tell them that I just tap into the secret world of DIS, but somehow they just don't get it.
MaryLou1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #251
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

If the weather's nice and you'd like to visit the wild side - try a private tour with Wild Willie - http://www.wildwillysairboattours.com/ it definitely won't be crowded out there!
Old 11-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #252
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnil530 View Post
We are boarding the Wonder today on a MR cruise! When visiting family and friends this Thanksgiving week hug em all a little tighter and for a little longer.

LindaD
You're family is so lucky! I'm so jealous! These next 3 weeks better fly by. What a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving. You are probably getting ready to sail as I type! Have a wonderful time and we'll see you in 3 weeks!
Old 11-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #253
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Another bear story....bear with me!

So, we're watching Boardwalk Empire (which was awesome, btw), when we hear several loud knocking noises on the front deck (which is elevated)....

Life lesson #32.....Do NOT leave your 19lb turkey on the bench outside the front door to slowly defrost....although it is somewhat funny watching a black bear struggle to munch on a frozen blob of poultry

Larry (briefly) considered running down the steps to retrieve the bird, but decided he'd rather live to go on vacation. Smart man.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #254
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom View Post
So, we're watching Boardwalk Empire (which was awesome, btw), when we hear several loud knocking noises on the front deck (which is elevated)....

Life lesson #32.....Do NOT leave your 19lb turkey on the bench outside the front door to slowly defrost....although it is somewhat funny watching a black bear struggle to munch on a frozen blob of poultry

Larry (briefly) considered running down the steps to retrieve the bird, but decided he'd rather live to go on vacation. Smart man.
Holy cow. No doubt about it, your Thanksgiving turkey story totally trumps mine about about the time my sister defrosted the turkey in the hot tub...
MaryLou1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #255
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom View Post

Very smart man!

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: