Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #226
jsails
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
Was discharged from the hospital late last night - in lots of pain and not moving to quick, but it feels good to be home.

I want to thank everyone for the support, kind words and prayers for us during the recent passing of my Mom, I have said this before, but you truly are an AMAZING GROUP of people. My mom's passing was completely unexpected - she was sitting in the living room waiting for my DH to pick her up to come visit me, she went to bathroom and collapsed. DH called the ambulance and she passed away shortly after she arrived at the hospital. The hospital staff was terrific and made arrangements for me to see her one last time. The services have been planned for Monday. Remember to cherish each moment with your loved ones!

Unfortauntely after speaking with my doctor we will be cancelling our cruise. There is too much risk factor involved with long flights and the extended time on the ship. After planning for so long we are so disappointed. We were lookng forward to the cruise and to meeting everyone.

For those in the FE exchange please know that I will continue to update the spreadsheet as the cabin assignments come in up to the cruise date. ChipperMerlin (Shirley) has agreed to take over for me once onboard with last minute changes. If you have any questions please email me as I don't anticipate being on the thread too often. I will send a group email in the next few days regarding all of this and with any changes.

We wish you all the smoothest sailings and hope that you have a "WONDER"ful cruise. We will be thinking you and will anxiously awaiting to hear to all about it once you return.

Thanks again for everything.

Tammy
Tammy, so sorry you are in so much pain. Take it from someone that knows...stay on stop of that pain medication so that you do not have to play catch up with it.

Again I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. You remain in our thoughts and prayers.

We will miss you and your family on the cruise and hope to cruise with you another time.

Judy
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #227
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Was discharged from the hospital late last night - in lots of pain and not moving to quick, but it feels good to be home.

I want to thank everyone for the support, kind words and prayers for us during the recent passing of my Mom, I have said this before, but you truly are an AMAZING GROUP of people. My mom's passing was completely unexpected - she was sitting in the living room waiting for my DH to pick her up to come visit me, she went to bathroom and collapsed. DH called the ambulance and she passed away shortly after she arrived at the hospital. The hospital staff was terrific and made arrangements for me to see her one last time. The services have been planned for Monday. Remember to cherish each moment with your loved ones!

Unfortauntely after speaking with my doctor we will be cancelling our cruise. There is too much risk factor involved with long flights and the extended time on the ship. After planning for so long we are so disappointed. We were lookng forward to the cruise and to meeting everyone.

For those in the FE exchange please know that I will continue to update the spreadsheet as the cabin assignments come in up to the cruise date. ChipperMerlin (Shirley) has agreed to take over for me once onboard with last minute changes. If you have any questions please email me as I don't anticipate being on the thread too often. I will send a group email in the next few days regarding all of this and with any changes.

We wish you all the smoothest sailings and hope that you have a "WONDER"ful cruise. We will be thinking you and will anxiously awaiting to hear to all about it once you return.

Thanks again for everything.

Tammy
It's very generous of you to continue the spreadsheet updates (or anything cruise-related), considering how much you have on your plate right now . It's awful that you can't cruise with us , but I'm sure you're making the correct decision . Your health comes first!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #228
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

So Cal Crew: I'm so very sorry about your Grandma, but it sounds like she passed the way most of us would want to....quickly, peacefully, without suffering, and surrounded by lots of people who care. It sounds like she was a feisty, life-loving lady . Of course, you'll all share great memories but it's hard to lose someone during the holiday season .
Old 11-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #229
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

So Cal Crew I am so sorry for your loss. I am so glad you had extra time with your Grandma. Those extra hours and days are precious ones. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #230
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

So Cal Crew, so sorry for your loss. I'm praying for your family, too.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #231
BTH
Crazy Cal Kids going for Gold

Sorry for your loss So Cal Crew and Tammy. We are also sorry to hear that Tammy will not be able to go on the cruise, get well soon. We hope to meet you on another cruise in the future.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #232
ChipperMerlin
Mouseketeer

So Cal Crew, we will keep your family in our prayers, too. Your grandmother sounds like she was quite a lovely lady.

Tammy, we also have you in our prayers. Thank you for keeping the FE list up to date - I just wish we could have met. Take good care of yourself and do what the doctor orders. Get better ASAP.
Disneyland — January 1960 — & many, many, many times since ~~~ WDW — June 1975 — honeymoon & many times since ~~~ Disneyland Paris — January & July 2003 ~~~ Tokyo Disneyland — April 2005 ~~~ Grand Opening of Hong Kong Disneyland — September 2005 ~~~ Renaissance Cruise Line: 2; Carnival Cruise Line: 1 ~~~ 1st Disney Cruise — November 2004 (DH won 3-day Bahamas cruise at DCa by answering the million point question at "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" ~~~ DCL Eastern Caribbean — November 2007 ~~~ DCL Western Caribbean — October 2008 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — October 18, 2009 ~~~ DCL's DVC Member Cruise — September 2010 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — January 6, 2011 ~~~ DCL 3-day Bahamas — September 29, 2011 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — October 2, 2011 ~~~ DCL 3-day Bahamas — October 6, 2011 ~~~ DCL Mexican Riviera — December 11, 2011 ~~~ DCL California Coast Repo — May 14, 2012 ~~~ DCL Pixar Cruise — October 7, 2012 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — December 9, 2012 ~~~ DCL Halloween Cruise — October 27, 2013 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — November 10, 2013 ~~~ DCL Alaska — September 1, 2014 ~~~ DCL California Coast Repo — September 8, 2014 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — September 12, 2014 ~~~ DVC members since 2008 ~~~ Premier Pass Holders for DL & WDW
ChipperMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #233
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers,
We set sail in 3 weeks,
that is 21 sleeps!

Did you know?
On December 12/12, when we are in Puerto Vallarta it is the Festival of the Virgin of Gauadalupe. Around mid day there will be a procession with children dressed in sack clothes and traditional costumes. day marks the anniversary the Virgin Guadalupe made her appearance to a peasant in Mexico.
Also, in 1851 Don Guadalupe Sanchez Torres settled his family in this area and founded Puerto Vallarta.This is the same day.

Last edited by Relaxin'; 11-18-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #234
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

THREE WEEKS TODAY!

I'm feeling pretty excited and happy but also a bit anxious. In light of the recent reminders of how fleeting life really is, I'm already fretting a bit about leaving my husband for two weeks. Of course all HE's thinking about is ski season, so my absense is not concerning HIM one bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew View Post
. . . My Grandma had a massive stroke on the left side of her brain. She passes away peacefully last night. . .
I am SO sorry for your loss.

Quote:

I want to thank everyone for the support, kind words and prayers for us during the recent passing of my Mom, I have said this before, but you truly are an AMAZING GROUP of people. . . .Unfortauntely after speaking with my doctor we will be cancelling our cruise. There is too much risk factor involved with long flights and the extended time on the ship. After planning for so long we are so disappointed. We were lookng forward to the cruise and to meeting everyone. . . .
Tammy
I hope the pain eases more every day, Tammy. My thoughts will be with you in the coming difficult days. SO sorry you won't be cruising with us - I feel like we were already friends - and hope to meet you on a cruise in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipperMerlin View Post
So Cal Crew, we will keep your family in our prayers, too. Your grandmother sounds like she was quite a lovely lady.

Tammy, we also have you in our prayers. Thank you for keeping the FE list up to date - I just wish we could have met. Take good care of yourself and do what the doctor orders. Get better ASAP.
Shirley, If you need any help with the FE list, shoot me an email. I'm on the other end of the ship and happy to post a copy of the list as well.

Today, for the cruise I *will*
  • finish the ornament for the exchange (I've finished it at least 3 times before and then decided it needed something else)
  • label the scrapbook swap bags (yeah, I've said that before too, and it just hasn't gotten done.)
  • finish wardrobe planning (Yes, another spreadsheet, with a schedule of what to wear when)

Repeat cruisers - do you have something you *always* do on your first day on ship?

New cruisers - What are you looking forward to the MOST about being on board?

Happy Day, all!
Old 11-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #235
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

WDW on December 23

Has anyone gone to WDW the Sunday before Christmas? I am thinking about going after we get off the ship, but I am not expecting to arrive until after 2:00. Will the parks be full that I may have problems getting in like on NYE? I want to buy tickets for the Candlelight Processional. Thoughts anyone?

Just finishing off my FE gifts, and giving my FE a little make over. Hopefully, I will find some time to make my ornaments.

I can't believe we are only 3 weeks away!!!
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Old 11-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #236
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
Has anyone gone to WDW the Sunday before Christmas? I am thinking about going after we get off the ship, but I am not expecting to arrive until after 2:00. Will the parks be full that I may have problems getting in like on NYE? I want to buy tickets for the Candlelight Processional. Thoughts anyone?

Just finishing off my FE gifts, and giving my FE a little make over. Hopefully, I will find some time to make my ornaments.

I can't believe we are only 3 weeks away!!!
I would be shocked if the MK were not full and Hollywood Studios were not full. Don't know about Epcot and Animal Kingdom as they are both larger parks that can hold more people but even if they're not full they will be very, very crowded. The CP is free so I guess you're talking about park tickets so you can see it? If so, I'd strongly recommend that you try to get one of the Candlelight Processional dinner packages ahead of time, which guarantees you a seat.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #237
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
I would be shocked if the MK were not full and Hollywood Studios were not full. Don't know about Epcot and Animal Kingdom as they are both larger parks that can hold more people but even if they're not full they will be very, very crowded. The CP is free so I guess you're talking about park tickets so you can see it? If so, I'd strongly recommend that you try to get one of the Candlelight Processional dinner packages ahead of time, which guarantees you a seat.
My plan was to buy the tickets for the dinner package, but you still need to buy tickets for Epcot. What would happen, if I could not get into Epcot because we do not get there until early afternoon. I have been in Epcot on NYE, so I know what full means. I have been to the CP in early December, but the park was not busy.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Old 11-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #238
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

Quote:
We are spending a couple of days in Orlando before flying home and I am finding it VERY difficult not to be planning to go to the parks, but I know it will be just too busy for us. To compensate I've booked a variety of ADRs at some favourite restaurants and we are planning to enjoy Downtown Disney as well. I am comforting my 9 year old--and myself!!!--with the reminder that we were just there in May...

Hopefully it will be warm enough to enjoy a day at a waterpark. Normally, for us, it always seems warm enough, but after this cruise Orlando might actually feel chilly! Although with more than a foot of snow in my front yard already, we'll probably find the motivation!!
MaryLou1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #239
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

So Cal Crew
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time of loss.

Audrey and Doug
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #240
decked out
Pirate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger Dog View Post
By the way, took the kids to DL on Wednseday. I'm convinced it's one of the best days of the year to go -- the middle of the week before the week of Thanksgiving.
If weekdays aren't an option, it is also quiet at WDW on the Sunday after Thanksgiving when many are traveling home from their Thanksgiving visits.

Quote:
Has anyone gone to WDW the Sunday before Christmas? I am thinking about going after we get off the ship, but I am not expecting to arrive until after 2:00. Will the parks be full that I may have problems getting in like on NYE?
The parks will be full during the two-week school holidays around Christmas and New Year's, with park closings and possibly record attendance between the two holidays. Don't expect the Sunday before Christmas to be relaxin' day in the parks.

On the first day of the cruise, we always attend the boat drill.
We also go to the castaway party and try to be on deck when casting off. However, on our 11-day cruise, it took a long time to get off the dock - a couple of hours after the castaway party and heading into the dinner/show hour. I guess it took longer to load the ship for a an extended non-standard itinerary. I expect there could be a similar situation for this cruise. We are excited about sailing off into the sunset out of Los Angeles. At PC, we sail east into the dark of night and it is just not the same.

01/29/09 Wonder Bahamas; 03/28/09 Magic Caribbean; 12/18/10 Magic Caribbean Holiday ; 09/01/11 Dream Bahamas; 01/19/12 Dream Bahamas; 12/9/12 Wonder EBPC; 4/8/13 Wonder Caribbean; 1/17/14 Magic Bahamas; 5/16/14 Magic Bahamas; 10/11/14 Wonder Caribbean; 12/13/14 Fantasy Caribbean
decked out is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: