Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #211
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Tammy,

I can't imagine how difficult a time this is for you right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Julie

Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #212
Land Park Tudor
- - -

Tammy, like all the others, I am sorry for your loss -- I hope you find comfort in your family and memories of your mother.
Land Park Tudor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #213
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Park Tudor View Post
Tammy, like all the others, I am sorry for your loss -- I hope you find comfort in your family and memories of your mother.
Ditto, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #214
ChipperMerlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Another "ditto" from our home to yours. Focus on your recovery and cherish the memories of the time you had with your mother.

LindaBabe has offered to collect things for your family on the cruise. If no one else has offered to take over keeping track of the FE lists, I would be happy to fill in for you. Just PM me. We're planning to go to the meet in the Promenade on the 9th. I can post room number changes at our door - we're in 2026 - right by the forward elevator.
Shirley
Disneyland — January 1960 — & many, many, many times since ~~~ WDW — June 1975 — honeymoon & many times since ~~~ Disneyland Paris — January & July 2003 ~~~ Tokyo Disneyland — April 2005 ~~~ Grand Opening of Hong Kong Disneyland — September 2005 ~~~ Renaissance Cruise Line: 2; Carnival Cruise Line: 1 ~~~ 1st Disney Cruise — November 2004 (DH won 3-day Bahamas cruise at DCa by answering the million point question at "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" ~~~ DCL Eastern Caribbean — November 2007 ~~~ DCL Western Caribbean — October 2008 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — October 18, 2009 ~~~ DCL's DVC Member Cruise — September 2010 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — January 6, 2011 ~~~ DCL 3-day Bahamas — September 29, 2011 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — October 2, 2011 ~~~ DCL 3-day Bahamas — October 6, 2011 ~~~ DCL Mexican Riviera — December 11, 2011 ~~~ DCL California Coast Repo — May 14, 2012 ~~~ DCL Pixar Cruise — October 7, 2012 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — December 9, 2012 ~~~ DCL Halloween Cruise — October 27, 2013 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — November 10, 2013 ~~~ DCL Alaska — September 1, 2014 ~~~ DCL California Coast Repo — September 8, 2014 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — September 12, 2014 ~~~ DVC members since 2008 ~~~ Premier Pass Holders for DL & WDW
ChipperMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #215
MPS516
Disney #2 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
Randomly just saw this; I am on the Dec EBPC and we have 2 formal and 1 semi formal night.
Thanks Holula,

Some of us are following your thread to get tips for our EB in Sept, you are only 3 weeks away , wish we were that close.

Be sure to post as much as you can during or following your cruise, we sure would like to have any good info before we go.
GOLF: Palm, Magnolia, Lake Buena Vista, Oak Trail

MPS516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #216
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

2 days till Disney

and I can't wait! The night shift at the landfill is way busier than the day shift, who knew! I was kept plenty busy all night long, swung by the office on my way back for a meeting and that ended with me getting stuck there till around 2ish and then I meet my sister's boyfriend to go ring shopping and it was so hard. We have such exteremely different tastes that I knew everything I would like, she would hate. She hates my ring (plain round cut solitare) and I love it. Little sister will have to be called in to help with this one. So at this point, I am just going to try and stay awake till normal bedtime. I need to pack for Disney and Thanksgiving and clean the house (I forgot about our football party tomorrow) and get food ready for tomorrow!

Bridesmaid baby #2 was born yesterday, 2 down, two more to go! I hope the last two don't come when we are on the cruise!
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #217
Dodger Dog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Tammy, add us to the long list of people keeping you and your family in our thoughs and prayers. As my kids always say when things don't go the way they planned . . . no fair. We hope you find comfort (both emotionally and physically) soon. Thank you again for all your hard work and effort in putting together the FE.
Dodger Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #218
Dodger Dog
Earning My Ears

I'm forgetting something. I just know it. Every day I look at my list. Every day I know something obvious is missing. I can't figure it out. I've always said that if my arms weren't attached, I'd forget them too. That's why I have a list. But my list isn't complete. I can feel it. It's driving me nuts. Arrgh!! I have three weeks to solve the mystery.

And, yes, I am OCG (obsessive compulsive gifted).

By the way, took the kids to DL on Wednseday. I'm convinced it's one of the best days of the year to go -- the middle of the week before the week of Thanksgiving. The longest line we waited in was only about 20 minutes. So much fun. The kids made their last minute purchases for the trip (those are on the list). I know at some point, the boys will grow out of wearing MM ears. But until then, I savor every minute!
Dodger Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #219
jsails
Mouseketeer

Physical Therapist

Just a thought.....is anyone on our cruise a physical therapist and would want a plumber's holiday? I would be happy to pay for the services for maybe twice a week.

If you're out there and willing, please PM me.

Thanks,

Judy
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #220
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers.

I've been in touch with Tammy. She's appreciative of everyone's support. Sending her stuff to me to distribute - I don't know if that means FE, but definitely scrapswap.

IF she sends me her FE stuff to distribute, since I am not participating myself, I will distribute hers and you can put her goodies in the stocking I will hang on my fish.

Chipper - Dimples & I will give you a hand with the FE thing, if you need it.

Dodger Dog Did you do your on line check in?
Most important stuff to remember -
Passport
Medications
Cash or Credit Card
Sunglasses/sunscreen
camera
bathing suit
clean undies

Most everything else you can buy or do without.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #221
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
Unfortunately we had some devastating news yesterday, my mom passed away at her home while waiting to come to the hospital. Brenna said she went into bathroom and collapsed. The call 911, but the were unable to revive her. It has been a very long day trying to make arrangements from my hospital .

Hoping to go home on Saturday and focus a bit more. Lots of painkillers

Please our family in your prayers, my dd's are taking this all very hard

Tammy
I’ve been out of state the past week and boy did I have a lot to catch up on. My Grandma had a massive stroke on the left side of her brain. She passed away peacefully last night. There were 20 family members at the hospital for the week and 11 of us were from out of state. Grandma was out of state visiting my aunt when it happened. No one wanted to leave Grandma alone so all 11 of us slept at the hospital every night. I only left the hospital to run to the store, get food or take a quick shower. Many never left. My mom’s not doing very well so luckily we have a great support system in our family to help her through. (6 kids, 13 grandkids and 18 great grandkids plus spouses) Grandma was 88, lived alone, walked a mile every day and loved life. She will be missed by all that knew her. We were talking about doing an Alaskan cruise next August. Hug the ones you love and tell them every day how much they mean to you. My Grandma did.

Brenna, know that our Grandmas are together in heaven and have become angels looking over us. Now they’re really going to see everything!

Last edited by So Cal Crew; 11-20-2012 at 01:25 AM.
So Cal Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #222
jsails
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew View Post
I’ve been out of state the past week and boy did I have a lot to catch up on. My Grandma had a massive stroke on the left side of her brain. She passes away peacefully last night. There were 20 family members at the hospital for the week and 11 of us were from out of state. Grandma was out of state visiting my aunt when it happened. No one wanted to leave Grandma alone so all 11 of us slept at the hospital every night. I only left the hospital to run to the store, get food or take a quick shower. Many never left. My mom’s not doing very well so luckily we have a great support system in our family to help her through. (6 kids, 13 grandkids and 18 great grandkids plus spouses) Grandma was 88, lived alone, walked a mile every day and loved life. She will be missed by all that knew her. We were talking about doing an Alaskan cruise next August. Hug the ones you love and tell them every day how much they mean to you. My Grandma did.

Brenna, know that our Grandmas are together in heaven and have become angels looking over us. Now they’re really going to see everything!
So sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. You are so right about hugging your loved ones. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #223
Liz Arjay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsails View Post
So sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. You are so right about hugging your loved ones. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
Thinking of Tammy and So Cal Crew and so sorry for your losses. A reminder to hold our loved ones close and appreciate and enjoy the time we have together. It is so short.
Liz
Liz Arjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #224
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew View Post
I’ve been out of state the past week and boy did I have a lot to catch up on. My Grandma had a massive stroke on the left side of her brain. She passes away peacefully last night. There were 20 family members at the hospital for the week and 11 of us were from out of state. Grandma was out of state visiting my aunt when it happened. No one wanted to leave Grandma alone so all 11 of us slept at the hospital every night. I only left the hospital to run to the store, get food or take a quick shower. Many never left. My mom’s not doing very well so luckily we have a great support system in our family to help her through. (6 kids, 13 grandkids and 18 great grandkids plus spouses) Grandma was 88, lived alone, walked a mile every day and loved life. She will be missed by all that knew her. We were talking about doing an Alaskan cruise next August. Hug the ones you love and tell them every day how much they mean to you. My Grandma did.

Cathy,

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Plese know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. I agree, cherish each and every moment with your loved ones, you just never know what tomorrow brings. How luck you and your Mom are to have such a great support system, it make the world of difference when you have someone to lean on.

Tammy

dthogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #225
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Was discharged from the hospital late last night - in lots of pain and not moving to quick, but it feels good to be home.

I want to thank everyone for the support, kind words and prayers for us during the recent passing of my Mom, I have said this before, but you truly are an AMAZING GROUP of people. My mom's passing was completely unexpected - she was sitting in the living room waiting for my DH to pick her up to come visit me, she went to bathroom and collapsed. DH called the ambulance and she passed away shortly after she arrived at the hospital. The hospital staff was terrific and made arrangements for me to see her one last time. The services have been planned for Monday. Remember to cherish each moment with your loved ones!

Unfortauntely after speaking with my doctor we will be cancelling our cruise. There is too much risk factor involved with long flights and the extended time on the ship. After planning for so long we are so disappointed. We were lookng forward to the cruise and to meeting everyone.

For those in the FE exchange please know that I will continue to update the spreadsheet as the cabin assignments come in up to the cruise date. ChipperMerlin (Shirley) has agreed to take over for me once onboard with last minute changes. If you have any questions please email me as I don't anticipate being on the thread too often. I will send a group email in the next few days regarding all of this and with any changes.

We wish you all the smoothest sailings and hope that you have a "WONDER"ful cruise. We will be thinking you and will anxiously awaiting to hear to all about it once you return.

Thanks again for everything.

Tammy

dthogue is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: