Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #196
socababy
DIS Veteran

Tammy I am so sorry about your mom! Please take care of yourself and I hope your recovery from your surgery is a speedy one!
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
socababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:14 AM   #197
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

Tammy I am so sorry to hear about your mom, it is never a good time to lose someone, but it must be even harder when you are already hurting. Take care of yourself and your family!
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #198
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
I want to thank everyone for their well wishes thoughts and prayer, I am truly grateful. The surgery went well, but the recovery is painful. I only managed a few steps today!

Unfortunately we had some devastating news yesterday, my mom passed away at her home while waiting to come to the hospital. Brenna said she went into bathroom and collapsed. The call 911, but the were unable to revive her. It has been a very long day trying to make arrangements from my hospital .

I'm waiting to talk to the doctor on the morning but as of now we will not be cruising. Can't really even think about it right now.

Hoping to go home on Saturday and focus a bit more. Lots of painkillers

Please our family in your prayers, my dd's are taking this all very hard

Tammy
Oh, Tammy, I am so very sorry for your loss....actually, your multiple losses . We will miss getting to meet you, but there will be other cruises and other opportunities. Being with your family and healing are more important right now. Please let us know how things are going.

As I've said before, life just sucks sometimes.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #199
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Good Morning, Cruisers.

Quote:
I want to thank everyone for their well wishes thoughts and prayer, I am truly grateful. The surgery went well, but the recovery is painful. I only managed a few steps today!

Unfortunately we had some devastating news yesterday, my mom passed away at her home while waiting to come to the hospital. Brenna said she went into bathroom and collapsed. The call 911, but the were unable to revive her. It has been a very long day trying to make arrangements from my hospital .

I'm waiting to talk to the doctor on the morning but as of now we will not be cruising. Can't really even think about it right now.

Tammy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post

(((Tammy))) I can't even begin to imagine what your family is going through right now. My heart aches for you. I wish I lived nearby, so I could offer some practical help. I know from personal experience how difficult it is when loved ones pass away unexpectedly. I'm so very sorry. I will continue to pray for your family during this time of great sadness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom View Post
Oh, Tammy, I am so very sorry for your loss....actually, your multiple losses . We will miss getting to meet you, but there will be other cruises and other opportunities. Being with your family and healing are more important right now. Please let us know how things are going.

As I've said before, life just sucks sometimes.
Moby and JessicasMom have said best all that is in my heart. Bad enough that you are in pain, but when a girl loses her mom, it's just the worst thing in the world.

I will offer some practical assistance - Tammy, if you do find you are unable to cruise, pm me your snail mail address and I will undertake to collect your scrapbook swaps, name tags, and anything else from groups you are involved in and mail them to you.

Wishing you all a peaceful, productive and painfree day.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:53 AM   #200
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue

Tammy
Tammy, I am so sorry to hear this. Your family are in my thoughts.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!), 2014 Southern Caribbean
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
holula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 AM   #201
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Palo Brunch date?

I was wondering if anyone had heard what date we got for the Palo group brunch Julie was organizing? I don't see it on my reservations, but I can tell my reservation is linked for the "area" dining group as I got the warning that Jeff had mentioned previously about more than 4 reservations.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #202
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Our condolences for your loss Tammy. I don't know the situation with your mom's health - if this was a total surprise or somewhat expected. Either way, it's a tough loss to bear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecechaffee View Post
these look great, I think I did sign us up last week within the zillion things I was in the middle off. I you do see our names twice, please disregard one of them.
Oh ,and do I need to send you some of family pics? If yes where do I send them to?
It's easy enough for me to mark out the duplicates. However, I did go ahead and post up the DISnames and numbers of name tags up on the web site so you can see whether or not you've requested them. If the number doesn't look right, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
I was wondering if anyone had heard what date we got for the Palo group brunch Julie was organizing? I don't see it on my reservations, but I can tell my reservation is linked for the "area" dining group as I got the warning that Jeff had mentioned previously about more than 4 reservations.
I've arranged these before. I didn't get confirmation of the date until about 10 days before the cruise sailed so I would guess Julie hasn't either.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by Jeff Spencer; 11-16-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #203
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post

I've arranged these before. I didn't get confirmation of the date until about 10 days before the cruise sailed so I would guess Julie hasn't either.
thanks Jeff. I thought it was all done 1 month prior. Just trying to figure out if our chosen dinner res date ended up on the same day. I would guess we won't have problems making/changing Palo plans during the cruise if they do end up on the same date.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #204
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:

Tammy
Tammy--

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Good luck with your recovery! Hopefully we will have the chance to meet on a future cruise.

Beth
Old 11-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #205
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
I may have already submitted ours, so if you received a double request, please disregard. Thanks so much for doing the work!
Ditto Jeff. I think I submitted earlier but it wasn't crossed off my "to do" list. Better safe than sorry!

magicmaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #206
cecechaffee
Earning My Ears

I have not been part of this group very long but I am truly sorry to hear what has happened to you and your family. I hope we will get to meet again on another cruise.
Quote:

Tammy

Disney Wonder 2009, Caribbeans
Disney Wonder 2010, Mediterranean
Disney Wonder 2011, Mexican Riviera
Believing and excited for Disney Wonder 2012 Panama Canal
cecechaffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #207
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Tammy

Tammy, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

magicmaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #208
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Just a reminder, if you want name tags please go to the link below and put in the request. Susan and I will be cranking them out this weekend. Here is the updated design with the cruise name and date added to it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VZR2c6MQ#gid=0

Right up until last night, DH said he didn't want a name tag. He likes to stay "under the radar" most of the time LOL!!! However, last night he asked if we were going to the meet on boarding day, and of course I said yes. What he said next shocked me. He told me that he had a good time at the meet for our last cruise, and he actually met some people that he enjoyed talking to! He thought it would be nice if people had name tags, at least at first, because of his memory issues. So, I told him it was all handled !

Thanks, Jeff!

Beth
Old 11-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #209
LAS2012
Earning My Ears

Tammy,

Our family is so sorry to hear of your loss. Hopefully many wonderful memories will bring you some comfort in the days ahead. We are also sending big hugs to you and the girls - you can never have too many arms wrapped around you, even through cyberspace!
LAS2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #210
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry for your loss.

Quote:

Tammy
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
chrissyt27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: