Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #181
jsails
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
I want to thank everyone for their well wishes thoughts and prayer, I am truly grateful. The surgery went well, but the recovery is painful. I only managed a few steps today!

Unfortunately we had some devastating news yesterday, my mom passed away at her home while waiting to come to the hospital. Brenna said she went into bathroom and collapsed. The call 911, but the were unable to revive her. It has been a very long day trying to make arrangements from my hospital .

I'm waiting to talk to the doctor on the morning but as of now we will not be cruising. Can't really even think about it right now.

Hoping to go home on Saturday and focus a bit more. Lots of painkillers

Please our family in your prayers, my dd's are taking this all very hard

Tammy
Tammy, I am so very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers as well as continuing to pray for your healing. I wish I could do more.

Judy
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #182
DindelsPA
Pour the clown juice in my dirty banana
Has disturbing images of groundhogs

Quote:
I want to thank everyone for their well wishes thoughts and prayer, I am truly grateful. The surgery went well, but the recovery is painful. I only managed a few steps today!

Unfortunately we had some devastating news yesterday, my mom passed away at her home while waiting to come to the hospital. Brenna said she went into bathroom and collapsed. The call 911, but the were unable to revive her. It has been a very long day trying to make arrangements from my hospital .

I'm waiting to talk to the doctor on the morning but as of now we will not be cruising. Can't really even think about it right now.

Tammy
Oh Tammy.... I have no words to express how deeply my heart breaks for you and your family. We will be keeping you and yours in our prayers.
Disney Magic: Western, January 15-22, 2005 Eastern, October 15-22, 2005 Western Double Dip, October 14-21, 2006
Western Double Dip, November 12-19, 2011 Canada, September 7-12, 2012 Southern Caribbean, October 11-18, 2014
Disney Dream: Bahamas, August 11-15, 2013 Bahamas, November 10-14, 2013

DindelsPA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #183
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Tammy
Prayers are being said tonight for you and your family. No one should have to go through this, so very sorry.
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #184
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
I have an aircard so we can chat all night! As long as we both get our work done! What do you do that has you working overnight?
I usually don't have a problem getting all my work done. I work in a community hospital pharmacy, and am alone for 8hrs of my 10hr shift. I have to make all the meds for any new patients, plus ensure the Operating Rooms are fully stocked for the next day, plus other projects. Last night was killer though. I don't think I have been as busy for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dededisney View Post
This summer we wented a car from Budget after our cruise got back into the Miami terminal...had to take a cab to the Budget office (about $12) but we used the Westjet code I found on the DIS budget board and we only paid $42 for the car (intermediate and that included taxes). We had a early evening flight back out of FLL, so we were able to go and have lunch and look around a little while before heading to the airport. If you are interested in that code let me know and I'll try to find out what it is again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
We are doing exactly what dededisney is doing - taking a cab from the port to Budget, renting a car for the day, and dropping off at FLL Monday morning. We used a coupon from retailmenot and the 1-day rental for a full size car was $46 with taxes included.
I have made a couple reservations using different discounts, but I think the cheapest I am getting is around $150, from port to FLL, just over 24hrs (so I have to pay for a second day) I have a couple more weeks to keep searching for better deals, though I think it is the extra 2hrs that is killing our rate.

Quote:

Tammy
Tammy, I am so sorry for your loss. This must be so difficult when you are immobilized yourself. We will miss you on the trip.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #185
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Just a reminder, if you want name tags please go to the link below and put in the request. Susan and I will be cranking them out this weekend. Here is the updated design with the cruise name and date added to it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VZR2c6MQ#gid=0

I'm pretty sure I already filled out the form...but just in case I did it again. Hope any duplicates don't mess you up too much Jeff.

Thanks again--I LOVE them!!
MaryLou1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #186
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Tammy , I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #187
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Tammy
Tammy, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I am praying for you and your family.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #188
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

Jeff, nicely done! Those are looking great. Thanks!

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #189
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Tammy;

You already had enough on your plate and now this.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a fast and speedy recovery from your surgery. Recovery from the loss of your Mother will take alot longer. I know from personal experience.
Hugs to you and your family at this time.
We will miss meeting you on the cruise.

Audrey and Doug
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #190
cecechaffee
Earning My Ears

ornement exchange

oops, took me a little while to find out about the new thread, anyway, I wanted to let you know there will be 6 of us for the exchange
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Well at least it is at my company but as I am sending out my office's email, I thought I would remind everyone as well. Health & Safety needs and deserves our full attention every day in everything that we do. So be careful everyone, we don't want anymore injuries leading up to the cruise!

Well since you sound like my mother, I would say you already have adopted me! And don't worry, since we already established that I am a Republician, I will be packin some heat. Haha J/k, I have only held a gun once but don't worry, the Army is with me onsite.

Just think, we might have run into each other at last year's marathon, maybe you took my bag! The landfill is actually interesting, I am not complaining about the work. I am very thankful that the debris I am checking is not coming from my house!

I have an aircard so we can chat all night! As long as we both get our work done! What do you do that has you working overnight?

Here's to hoping your 30's improve and that the start of your 40's will make up for the horrible start to your 30's. 25 started off the best and ended the worst and was my worst year ever. I would like to go back to 23. I was still in college but knew I would graduate with an engineering degree, had a job that I loved and didn't care about the horrible pay, not having money wasn't an issue to me then, I had the world's crappiest apartment but I was so happy and surrounded by friends who lived close by and not scattered all over the country and was in great shape. I really didn't have any major worries and I made it to every home WVU football and basketball game!

So true, I love how everyone always puts things into perspective for me. DH made me a nice dinner with homemade crab cakes and lobster bisque. It was sweet. My sister's now ex-husband threw her a huge black tie "Hollywood" Themed 30th birthday party and well, that marriage didn't last so...I'll happily eat my crabcakes .
cecechaffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #191
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Tammy, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how devasting such a sudden loss is, but I can't imagine having to deal with it on top of your surgery. Our prayers are with your entire family.
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #192
cecechaffee
Earning My Ears

these look great, I think I did sign us up last week within the zillion things I was in the middle off. I you do see our names twice, please disregard one of them.
Oh ,and do I need to send you some of family pics? If yes where do I send them to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Just a reminder, if you want name tags please go to the link below and put in the request. Susan and I will be cranking them out this weekend. Here is the updated design with the cruise name and date added to it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VZR2c6MQ#gid=0

Old 11-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #193
adnil530
I'm someone's special someone....he's special too.

Quote:

Tammy
Tammy how shocking. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

DL: Often 40+ years WDW: 1990; 2005; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011, 2013, 2014 Disney Cruises:Wonder to Nowhere May 17, 2014; Magic Bahamas January 20, 2014; Wonder December 9, 2012 Eastbound Panama Canal; Wonder Mexican Riviera November 18, 2012; Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise September 30, 2012; Wonder April 1, 2012 Mexican Riviera; Dream December 29, 2011 5 day New Years Double Dip - Bahamas; Wonder May 31, 2011 Vancouver-Alaska; 10/31/2010 Magic Western Caribbean; Magic 4/25/09 1st trip to Tortola -Roy Suite; Wonder Bahamas & Poly 12/14/208 and got hooked! Up and Coming:; Fantasy Nov 29, 2014 Western Caribbean; Wonder b2b May 17, 2015 2 nt to Nowhere & May 19, 2015 Mexico; Wonder b2b Oct 1, 2015 Baha Mexico & Oct 4, 2015 Baha Mexico
adnil530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #194
BTH
Crazy Cal Kids going for Gold

Name tags

Thanks so much to Jeff and Susan for doing the name tags. These will look fantastic.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #195
cecechaffee
Earning My Ears

this weekend to do list: get all the kids costumes dry cleaned and ready to go...and my pirate one too!!!! Even packing 6 people is kind of fun for a Disney cruises!!!!

Disney Wonder 2009, Caribbeans
Disney Wonder 2010, Mediterranean
Disney Wonder 2011, Mexican Riviera
Believing and excited for Disney Wonder 2012 Panama Canal

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: