Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #166
Disneylovebirds
Earning My Ears

I'm using Super Shuttle from LAX to the port and its $40 for 2 people. It's the most economical shuttle I've been able to find.
Disneylovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #167
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
Well put.

We are doing exactly what dededisney is doing - taking a cab from the port to Budget, renting a car for the day, and dropping off at FLL Monday morning. We used a coupon from retailmenot and the 1-day rental for a full size car was $46 with taxes included.
If you both go with Budget, you could always have two of you share the cab to get the car while the other family members waited with the luggage...that is what we did. DH and his cousin went to pick up the car while the rest of us waited at the curb with the luggage.
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #168
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
Well put.
. . . Your stories about booking her airfares, making her FE gifts, etc. mirrored my experience on our Alaska cruise this summer. Funny I'm also the engineer in the family - I'd like to think we'd just more grounded!
Ayuh. I did the same thing for my s.i.l. on their first cruise. She is totally sweet, but was inexperienced. They drove to the second cruise. Next year for the WBPC, they are on their own. NOT doing FE for them, since she flat refuses to get a computer. How does one LIVE without a computer?
Old 11-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #169
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Name Tags

Just a reminder, if you want name tags please go to the link below and put in the request. Susan and I will be cranking them out this weekend. Here is the updated design with the cruise name and date added to it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VZR2c6MQ#gid=0

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #170
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Just a reminder, if you want name tags please go to the link below and put in the request. Susan and I will be cranking them out this weekend. Here is the updated design with the cruise name and date added to it.

love them Jeff! Thanks again for all that you have done!
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #171
Moby
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I may have already submitted ours, so if you received a double request, please disregard. Thanks so much for doing the work!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #172
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Love them!!
I filled in the link but I think I may already done it. If so, please disregard.

Looking forward to meeting you both.

Audrey
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #173
ChipperMerlin
Mouseketeer

Name tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
Love them!!
I filled in the link but I think I may already done it. If so, please disregard.

Looking forward to meeting you both.

Audrey
Jeff,
I think I've filled it out before, too. If so, please disregard our second one, too.

Thanks so much for ll your hard work on this!
Shirley
Disneyland — January 1960 — & many, many, many times since ~~~ WDW — June 1975 — honeymoon & many times since ~~~ Disneyland Paris — January & July 2003 ~~~ Tokyo Disneyland — April 2005 ~~~ Grand Opening of Hong Kong Disneyland — September 2005 ~~~ Renaissance Cruise Line: 2; Carnival Cruise Line: 1 ~~~ 1st Disney Cruise — November 2004 (DH won 3-day Bahamas cruise at DCa by answering the million point question at "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" ~~~ DCL Eastern Caribbean — November 2007 ~~~ DCL Western Caribbean — October 2008 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — October 18, 2009 ~~~ DCL's DVC Member Cruise — September 2010 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — January 6, 2011 ~~~ DCL 3-day Bahamas — September 29, 2011 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — October 2, 2011 ~~~ DCL 3-day Bahamas — October 6, 2011 ~~~ DCL Mexican Riviera — December 11, 2011 ~~~ DCL California Coast Repo — May 14, 2012 ~~~ DCL Pixar Cruise — October 7, 2012 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — December 9, 2012 ~~~ DCL Halloween Cruise — October 27, 2013 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — November 10, 2013 ~~~ DCL Alaska — September 1, 2014 ~~~ DCL California Coast Repo — September 8, 2014 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — September 12, 2014 ~~~ DVC members since 2008 ~~~ Premier Pass Holders for DL & WDW
ChipperMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #174
RoxyHive
My first cruise ever!

Jeff

I had to fill it out twice since we have 11 in our family. My gang is looking forward to the group meets even though I'm the only one on the DIS. Thank you so much for all your time to create these, we look forward to meeting you and Susan!

You rock!!
RoxyHive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #175
Chinook
Sail Away

Quote:

I, too, may have entered my request twice. These look GREAT! Thanks so much for making these.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #176
jsails
Mouseketeer

Quote:

They're G-R-E-A-T, Jeff! Thank you!
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #177
jsails
Mouseketeer

Has anyone heard from Tammy? I hope her surgery when well.
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #178
decked out
Pirate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
I was at the Disney store yesterday and found a Cinderella t shirt that says "and she lived happily ever after". You will see me wearing it on sail away day because December 9th is our 40th anniversary.
No surprise here, you married a Marine! Semper fidelis! and Happy Anniversary!

01/29/09 Wonder 3-Night Bahamas; 03/28/09 Magic 7-Night Eastern Caribbean; 12/18/10 Magic 11-Night Southern Caribbean Holiday ; 09/01/11 Dream 3-Night Bahamas; 01/19/12 Dream 3-Night Bahamas; 12/9/12 Wonder 14-Night Panama Canal; 4/8/13 Wonder 5-Night Western Caribbean; 1/17/14 Magic 3-Night Bahamas; 5/16/14 Magic 3-Night Bahamas; 10/11/14 Wonder 6-Night Western Caribbean
decked out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #179
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

I want to thank everyone for their well wishes thoughts and prayer, I am truly grateful. The surgery went well, but the recovery is painful. I only managed a few steps today!

Unfortunately we had some devastating news yesterday, my mom passed away at her home while waiting to come to the hospital. Brenna said she went into bathroom and collapsed. The call 911, but the were unable to revive her. It has been a very long day trying to make arrangements from my hospital .

I'm waiting to talk to the doctor on the morning but as of now we will not be cruising. Can't really even think about it right now.

Hoping to go home on Saturday and focus a bit more. Lots of painkillers

Please our family in your prayers, my dd's are taking this all very hard

Tammy

dthogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #180
Moby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
I want to thank everyone for their well wishes thoughts and prayer, I am truly grateful. The surgery went well, but the recovery is painful. I only managed a few steps today!

Unfortunately we had some devastating news yesterday, my mom passed away at her home while waiting to come to the hospital. Brenna said she went into bathroom and collapsed. The call 911, but the were unable to revive her. It has been a very long day trying to make arrangements from my hospital .

I'm waiting to talk to the doctor on the morning but as of now we will not be cruising. Can't really even think about it right now.

Hoping to go home on Saturday and focus a bit more. Lots of painkillers

Please our family in your prayers, my dd's are taking this all very hard

Tammy
(((Tammy))) I can't even begin to imagine what your family is going through right now. My heart aches for you. I wish I lived nearby, so I could offer some practical help. I know from personal experience how difficult it is when loved ones pass away unexpectedly. I'm so very sorry. I will continue to pray for your family during this time of great sadness.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: