Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #136
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
Happy Birthday!! Today's my sister's birthday too. For someone who was born on the same day as my sister, your personality seemed the complete opposite. (BTW-did I tell you that your sister sounds just like my sister?)
Well Happy Birthday to your sister! You know what 9 months from today is, right? Valentine's Day! Lucky for me, I was born a few weeks early so I wasn't a Valentine's Day baby! If your sister is anything like my sister, we are complete opposites!
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #137
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! Hopefully once I have kids, I will learn to like birthdays more. My family never made a big deal out of them and maybe I can change that. In my 25 years both my parents were living, I only spent 1 birthday with both of my parents (my 25th, I spent it with them in China, the last one my dad was around for, best birthday ever) My dad didn't even make it on the day I was born, I was born early and he was on a business trip! My mom hasn't even called yet

I am leaving the dump soon. Lots and lots of trucks today! Tomorrow I start working overnights where it will be much slower so I am sure I will be bored and trying to stay awake. Hello coffee! I just keep thinking of how I can use the overtime money on the cruise! Disney in a few days!
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #138
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! Hopefully once I have kids, I will learn to like birthdays more. My family never made a big deal out of them and maybe I can change that. In my 25 years both my parents were living, I only spent 1 birthday with both of my parents (my 25th, I spent it with them in China, the last one my dad was around for, best birthday ever) My dad didn't even make it on the day I was born, I was born early and he was on a business trip! My mom hasn't even called yet
I know, I'll ADOPT you!

Quote:
I am leaving the dump soon. Lots and lots of trucks today! Tomorrow I start working overnights where it will be much slower so I am sure I will be bored and trying to stay awake. Hello coffee! I just keep thinking of how I can use the overtime money on the cruise! Disney in a few days!
Overnights in the dump? IS THAT SAFE, young lady?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby
Yes, I finally spoke to my realtor a day and a half AFTER I received Counter Offer #1 from the seller. It has been frustrating to say the least. We countered again and will hear on Nov 15. We wanted to close in January, but the sellers want a Dec 28 closing for tax reasons which totally messes up our plans. I haven't been with my family for Christmas for 5 years and we planned to fly from Miami to spend a week with them in Phoenix for Christmas, but if we have a contract, I'll have to cancel those plans to sign papers for the close.
Can't your lawyer do the papers for you? Let her FAX them to you and she can represent you at the close.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #139
LAS2012
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner

Happy Birthday Emily!!!

Life really does get BETTER at 30!
LAS2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #140
LAS2012
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue
Wow you guys have been busy.... Our cruise plans gave been out on hold. If you remember I was using crutches due to hip pain. Well it turns out I had a stress fracture in my femur . This morning I fell in the shower and fractured it. Having surgery today, but dr says I can't fly . I'm going to be so disappointed if I can't go
OMG! You will be in my thoughts and prayers as we all wish you a very speedy recovery!
LAS2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #141
Liz Arjay
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS516 View Post
Jeff,

Are you and Susan doing the 20th anniversary marathon and half marathon in Jan ?
John and I will be volunteering at the half and full Disney Marathons in January, as we have annually for about 5 years. We will be checking the runners' bags. If you are running it, come say hello!

Tammy - sending healing thoughts your way.

Emily - happy birthday, but I feel the same as you about the celebrations. Enjoy the landfill! I think that would be quite interesting.

Liz

Last edited by Liz Arjay; 11-14-2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: missing apostrophe!
Liz Arjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #142
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
Wow you guys have been busy.... Our cruise plans gave been out on hold. If you remember I was using crutches due to hip pain. Well it turns out I had a stress fracture in my femur . This morning I fell in the shower and fractured it. Having surgery today, but dr says I can't fly . I'm going to be so disappointed if I can't go
Oh NO!!!!! I hope you are able to heal quickly and still make this cruise.

magicmaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #143
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Tomorrow I start working overnights where it will be much slower so I am sure I will be bored and trying to stay awake. Hello coffee! I just keep thinking of how I can use the overtime money on the cruise! Disney in a few days!
I work overnights, so if you are bored and able to log on, we can chat. I often stay logged on and check periodically during my shift. I know it is morning on the East Coast when Lindababe signs on for her morning hello. That is also my warning to get all my work done before the morning staff start showing up.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #144
socababy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS2012 View Post

Life really does get BETTER at 30!
I wish that was guaranteed! I'm still waiting. I, for one, would like to go back to 25. Such a simpler, happier time. College was done, my husband was still here and I wasn't raising kids alone. I became widowed at 31... so far 30's suck!

Regarding birthdays...I don't celebrate my own but I do celebrate my kids, although for me their birthdays are truly bittersweet now. It's hard not to focus on what their dad has missed out on and they truly show just how much time has passed. For them though, they are just kids and like most kids, LOVE their birthdays. Kid's parties can get really out of hand financially and I don't want to fall into that x 3. So my kids get parties every other year.
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
socababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #145
ArGa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'm praying for you too Tammy. I hope the surgery went well and that you will be able to amaze the dr's with your recovery!!
ArGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #146
ArGa
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Happy Birthday Emily. Back (way back), when I turned 30, my husband planned a surprise party for me. However, that day my daughter came down with the stomach flu and spent the day throwing up so the party was cancelled. I got to spend my 30th bday cleaning up vomit so I'd say your day is going better than mine did. Besides, who wants just a one day celebration when we can all have 14 days of celebrations on the Wonder
Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #147
ArGa
Earning My Ears

I still haven't received my cruise documents and I haven't heard from my TA about them either. Should I be worried? I checked the DCL site last night and we still haven't been assigned a room yet. We booked a GTY so I realize that we might not find out yet. However, my dad booked the same deal as us, months after us and when I checked his reservation, he has been assigned a room on Deck 5. What's up with that?

Also, I see lots of people making plans to travel together from the Miami port to the Fort Lauderdale Airport, what about those of you who are flying out of Miami? We are flying out of MIA at 1:25 pm. Will there be transportation available at the port, as in a taxi, or do I need to make arrangements with a shuttle company? Anyone know how far it is from the port to the airport?
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #148
DindelsPA
Pour the clown juice in my dirty banana
Has disturbing images of groundhogs

Quote:
Oh no!!! Sending you lots of good thoughts, wishes and pixie dust that everything goes better than expected and your trip will happen as planned.
Western Double Dip, November 12-19, 2011 Canada, September 7-12, 2012
Disney Dream: Bahamas, August 11-15, 2013 Bahamas, November 10-14, 2013

DindelsPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #149
DindelsPA
Pour the clown juice in my dirty banana
Has disturbing images of groundhogs

Quote:
Celebrating the 1st anniversary of my 29th Birthday! I am also remembering how much I HATE birthdays! They are always the biggest let-downs. Left for work at 4am before DH was awake, will be working 6am to 6pm at the landfill and I won't get back home till 8pm; just another day which I would be fine with if society didn't make such a big deal out of birthdays! When I have kids, we aren't going to celebrate birthdays! And that way, I won't have to deal with slumber parties or the cost of laser tag!
Happy 1st Anniversary of your 29th Birthday! As long as there is cake, it's all good!
Western Double Dip, November 12-19, 2011 Canada, September 7-12, 2012
Disney Dream: Bahamas, August 11-15, 2013 Bahamas, November 10-14, 2013

DindelsPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #150
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGa View Post

Also, I see lots of people making plans to travel together from the Miami port to the Fort Lauderdale Airport, what about those of you who are flying out of Miami? We are flying out of MIA at 1:25 pm. Will there be transportation available at the port, as in a taxi, or do I need to make arrangements with a shuttle company? Anyone know how far it is from the port to the airport?
It's less than 10 miles from the port to MIA. Disney is offering transfers for $20/person. According to the Port of Miami website (http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/p...sportation.asp), there should be taxis waiting there and the fare to the airport is a flat fee of $24. So it seems like that would be the cheaper option for two people.

Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: