Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #31
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Awwww He was cute. It's so weird how they get under your skin. Heck, we had 2 fish die last week for seemingly no reason and we were sad about that. Bubbles (yes, yellow tang) jumped out of the tank and Foxy (Fox Face) just randomly died.

What kind of hammy was he? Not the "normal" kind, I've had those, they would rather be alone. LOL

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #32
Tuffcookie
Enjoys an early hour of peace
Women like the simple things in life...like men!:D
Is a smart cookie

I'm sorry about Remy.

Every time you posted pictures of him it reminded me of ours and how cute and fun they were.

R.I.P little Remy!

TC
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #33
KimR
DIS Veteran
Needs to lay off the Murder Mysteries before Dental Appointments!

Oh, no, I'm so sorry. He was such a cutie and reminds me a little of our guy, Felix. Those little furry things certainly know how to worm their way into our hearts, don't they?

I do think you did the right thing in seeking treatment for him. Otherwise you would always wonder if you could have done more. Remy was very lucky to have such a wonderful, loving home.

2000 - GF; 2000 - BC; 03 - GF; 04 - YC; 05 - GF; 06, 07 - YC; 08 - GF; 09, 10 - YC; 12 - YC

Just the basics:
Are two-year-olds too young to go to Disney? It depends upon their temperament. One way to find out: take them there. After all, they're only young for a short time. You're sure to enjoy your trip if you plan ahead! AND - don't forget those all-important dining reservations; they fill up so fast it's ridiculous. Have I forgotten anything? Oh yes - I'd advise you to carry a small purse or bag for loose items so you don't lose them on rides. You'll have a great vacation if you follow my advice!
KimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #34
debf
Mouseketeer

So sorry for your loss. He was such a cute little guy. I hope your DD is doing well.

debf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #35
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Your little Remy was so cute! Sorry for you loss.
2015 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Glennie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #36
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
What kind of hammy was he? Not the "normal" kind, I've had those, they would rather be alone. LOL
He was a teddy bear hamster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimR View Post
Oh, no, I'm so sorry. He was such a cutie and reminds me a little of our guy, Felix. Those little furry things certainly know how to worm their way into our hearts, don't they?

I do think you did the right thing in seeking treatment for him. Otherwise you would always wonder if you could have done more. Remy was very lucky to have such a wonderful, loving home.
Aww, how's Felix doing? I remember when he was born. Thanks. I think he was pretty happy here!

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #37
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Sorry for your loss! Remy sure was a cutie patootie! Glad he had such a loving home.
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #38
low-key
DIS Veteran

hey
Old 11-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #39
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Aww, so sorry for your loss. I remember when you posted about Gus. They both were absolutely adorable...
Old 11-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #40
chisnpeke
Got the blues on purple tag night
But there is NO WAY I could kill an animal and get it ready for eating

I'm so sorry. I remember when your last hamster died. They sure are cute little things
Old 11-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #41
KimR
DIS Veteran
Needs to lay off the Murder Mysteries before Dental Appointments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
He was a teddy bear hamster.

Aww, how's Felix doing? I remember when he was born. Thanks. I think he was pretty happy here!
He is doing great! He, too, has a routine every evening. I bring him into my bathroom for playtime where I have boxes and hideaways for him to explore. I thought he'd enjoy exploring on his own, but no. He just sits there grooming himself patiently while I brush my teeth, etc. Apparently he likes an audience and sees no point in putting on a show if no one is there to enjoy it. As soon as I finish and start talking and interacting with him, he'll start playing and running around. Such a silly little guy! He's very cuddly too and enjoys having his head rubbed while he lies in my lap or in the palm of my hand. He might be just a little bit spoiled.

2000 - GF; 2000 - BC; 03 - GF; 04 - YC; 05 - GF; 06, 07 - YC; 08 - GF; 09, 10 - YC; 12 - YC

Just the basics:
Are two-year-olds too young to go to Disney? It depends upon their temperament. One way to find out: take them there. After all, they're only young for a short time. You're sure to enjoy your trip if you plan ahead! AND - don't forget those all-important dining reservations; they fill up so fast it's ridiculous. Have I forgotten anything? Oh yes - I'd advise you to carry a small purse or bag for loose items so you don't lose them on rides. You'll have a great vacation if you follow my advice!
KimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #42
robinb
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry! I remember when you first posted his pictures. We had rats for many years. Small rodents live short but very bright lives.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #43
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post

This one?

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/paulandlinda/P1226113n2.jpg[
a.
Yep,that is the one.lol.
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #44
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimR View Post
He is doing great! He, too, has a routine every evening. I bring him into my bathroom for playtime where I have boxes and hideaways for him to explore. I thought he'd enjoy exploring on his own, but no. He just sits there grooming himself patiently while I brush my teeth, etc. Apparently he likes an audience and sees no point in putting on a show if no one is there to enjoy it. As soon as I finish and start talking and interacting with him, he'll start playing and running around. Such a silly little guy! He's very cuddly too and enjoys having his head rubbed while he lies in my lap or in the palm of my hand. He might be just a little bit spoiled.
That is so cute! I like the "obstacle course" idea! Funny he likes having his head rubbed, too. Remy did not like his head touched, and would tuck it in if you tried to pet it! He did like his back rubbed, though, and would stay still for a little "massage". Funny how different their personalites can be. We haven't seen a picture of Felix in a while.

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Old 11-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #45
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Update

A happy update - we have welcomed a new long-haired teddy bear hamster into our home.

We were looking for one a different color than Remy (who was champagne colored), but we found him first and couldn't pass up his terrific personality. He is pure white, and gentle, but very strong and very ACTIVE!

He is still getting used to us and our home, his cage, etc. He hasn't even discovered the wheel yet, but he likes the tube that takes him from cage to cage (we have two - one small one for sleeping and eating and one large one for play). When he is afraid, he goes in the tube and just sits there looking at us, lol. He's learning to like the sunroom (can run around on slate floor) but was I think a little overwhelmed with it at first, I'm sure having never experienced anything like it before. He found a shoe and sat in it for a while. He runs really fast around the room once he gets going, it's a pretty funny sight to see with his two little whisps of fur trailing behind his wiggly butt.

We had a little trouble naming him but finally settled on Woody (aka Wood Man, Woodrow and a few other Woods we dreamed up, lol). A nice Disney name that definitely suits him. I don't have any pictures available to post yet, but I will when I do. (He looks a lot like Remy.)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: