Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #91
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

I just finished reading your trip report, and wanted to let you know I really enjoyed it. Your pictures are gorgeous. Your whole trip seems really relaxing. I don't like crowds much either, so I understand how you felt the night of the parade when you got stuck. Something similar happened to us on one of our trips and it is scary . The darkness seems to make the crowds scarier.

Thanks for posting your report!

Planning our next trip...
Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #92
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Your animal photos are just amazing!! You are great with your DSLR. I just got one for Christmas. It is going to take me forever to get to learn how to use it. Still need the better lens, though. Not too much zoom with the one that comes with it. I got the Canon Rebel T4i. Took a brief 1 hour class on the how tos. I forgot "how to" already.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #93
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
I just finished reading your trip report, and wanted to let you know I really enjoyed it. Your pictures are gorgeous. Your whole trip seems really relaxing. I don't like crowds much either, so I understand how you felt the night of the parade when you got stuck. Something similar happened to us on one of our trips and it is scary . The darkness seems to make the crowds scarier.

Thanks for posting your report!
Thank you! Our trip was really relaxing...one of the benefits of such a long visit.

And yeah, the wall-to-wall crowd at the Magic Kingdom that night was scary...I'm just not used to that.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #94
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Your animal photos are just amazing!! You are great with your DSLR. I just got one for Christmas. It is going to take me forever to get to learn how to use it. Still need the better lens, though. Not too much zoom with the one that comes with it. I got the Canon Rebel T4i. Took a brief 1 hour class on the how tos. I forgot "how to" already.
Nice! My new camera is a Canon Rebel T3i. You'll do great with your T4i! I watched the DVD that came with the camera, and some YouTube videos...and I'm still wrapping my head around all the info.

One site someone mentioned to me that has been really helpful is http://camerasim.com/camera-simulator/

You can play around with different settings on a simulated camera, and see how the picture would look if you took it. Pretty cool.

Good luck with your new camera. Have fun!!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #95
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Day 16: “Boo hoo…the last day of our vacation.”

One might think that after 2+ weeks at Disney World, we’d be ready to leave. Nope. Not at all. It’s been a wonderful vacation, and we’re sad to see it end. The only thing to ease the sadness is knowing we will see family on our return.

Andrew and I had been looking at different things to get for family members back home, so today was our day to make final decisions and go shopping.

But first…we had one more special lunch planned. We started our day in Epcot. We rode Mission: Space (again, thought this best before eating). Andrew has really fallen in love with this ride. We also had time to ride Living With the Land before our lunch reservation.

We had never eaten at “Chefs de France,” so that was our last reservation. We arrived and were quickly seated.

We went with the Fixed Price menu. Andrew tried the lobster bisque. One nice thing he loved about this trip was being able to sample some different kinds of food he never had before…like lamb, and lobster. He absolutely loved the lobster bisque.

I had the French onion soup, which I really enjoyed...tons of melted cheese on top.

Andrew ordered the macaroni and cheese…

And I ordered the quiche. I enjoyed it, but it was pretty much the same quiche I had gotten at the French bakery. I should have been more adventurous. But I enjoyed it…it was good.

We both ordered the crème brulee…delicious!

And them Remy came by to visit! So cute…

After lunch, we had time for one last Spaceship Earth ride. I can tell Andrew is getting a little bummed about leaving. He has really had a great time. We picked up a few souvenirs for people, then headed over to the Magic Kingdom to do some last minute shopping. While there we rode Space Mountain, Big Thunder, the TTA and Pirates. We don’t want to leave.

We had one more fill of some of our favorite snacks…a Dole Whip, glazed almonds, and a cream cheese pretzel. I think that’s a balanced dinner, don’t you?

Back at the hotel, we packed up the souvenirs. Here’s what we got:

For my oldest son, who just graduated college, we got him sugar-free candy from Germany (he doesn’t eat much sugar), tea from England (he loves tea), some Sasquatch soap from Canada (we love watching the “Finding Big Foot” show on t.v. together…it’s so corny and the re-enactments are hilariously funny), and since he is a Minnesota Vikings fan, some purple and gold M&M’s from the Main Street candy shop:

For my second oldest son, who is still in college, we got him a Pirates Chemistry t-shirt (he is studying chemistry in an engineering program) from the Pirates of the Caribbean, and since he is a Green Bay Packers fan, green and yellow jelly beans from the Main Street candy shop:

For my older daughter, who teaches ballet, we got her a purse from France, some chocolate, and some more chocolate:

For my younger daughter, still in high school, we got her a bit more (since she really debated coming with or not, so this was harder for her)...some Ghirardelli white chocolate mocha mix (she loves it, and we are having trouble finding it in Alaska), some cotton candy (her favorite sweet), a lollipop from the Main Street candy shop, some Maple fudge from Canada (she always gets some when she comes), some Mars Mud from Mission: Space (she got some earlier, and the dog ruined it), some chocolate, and a Remy stuffed animal (probably her favorite Disney movie):

We hung out, packed, walked around the resort, and kind of moped because we had to leave.

Magical Express picked us up early the next morning, and we had a thankfully uneventful flight home. I have to say that the flights both to and from Disney went without a single hitch. We used free frequent flyer miles, being routed through Minneapolis and Detroit…and really, they were all pleasant flights.

Thank you for reading my trip report. We had a wonderful, magical time, and it’s been a blessing to be able to share just a bit of that with others. Until next time!!

Last edited by blestmom; 01-13-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #96
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I'm so sad your trip is over too! I had such fun reading your TR and loved your pics Perfect gifts for the kids - hopefully next trip with be with the whole family!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 01-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #97
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

Absolutely loved reading your report! Your pictures are wonderful!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #98
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFan123 View Post
Absolutely loved reading your report! Your pictures are wonderful!

Thank you so much!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #99
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Really enjoyed reading your report and looking at your beautiful photos. Thank you for the photo tip site. Hope you aren't having too bad of a winter up there.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 01-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #100
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Really enjoyed reading your report and looking at your beautiful photos.
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Thank you for the photo tip site.
You're welcome.

Quote:
Hope you aren't having too bad of a winter up there.
It's been a very interesting winter. Up - down. 2 weeks ago and it was raining in January, not snowing....then today it was -30 this morning. Brrr!

But it's almost Iron Dog and Iditarod time...gotta' love living in Alaska!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #101
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just got one for Christmas...I got the Canon Rebel T4i.
Hey, how are you liking the Canon t4i?
Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #102
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blestmom View Post
Hey, how are you liking the Canon t4i?
I have been having fun with it. Took a million photos during my DD ballet show. I have found I really think I need the bigger lens, though. The one it came with doesn't have enough zoom! Something to save for. I want to have it and a nice bag for it all before my summer vacation to WDW.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #103
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been having fun with it. Took a million photos during my DD ballet show. I have found I really think I need the bigger lens, though. The one it came with doesn't have enough zoom! Something to save for. I want to have it and a nice bag for it all before my summer vacation to WDW.
Ooh...ballet! Yay!! My daughters dance ballet. My oldest is looking for opportunities in the Lower 48.

How did the ballet show photos turn out? They can be a challenge because of the lighting. I was so bummed...I was all excited to use my new camera for the winter show, but the dance school used a new venue, and they had a strict "no photography allowed" rule. (Of course, that didn't stop a bunch of parents from taking photos and videos with their phones, but I sulked in my seat with my Canon t3i stuck in my bag.)

Old 01-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #104
bedillamouse
Mouseketeer

I really enjoyed your trip report! Thanks for sharing and I took notes of that fruit/ Nutella waffle and am going to get one when we go next time!!

I also enjoy hearing about Alaska...another trip I want to take some day soon!

DH DD9 DD7
Old 01-31-2013, 07:46 AM   #105
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blestmom View Post
Ooh...ballet! Yay!! My daughters dance ballet. My oldest is looking for opportunities in the Lower 48.

How did the ballet show photos turn out? They can be a challenge because of the lighting. I was so bummed...I was all excited to use my new camera for the winter show, but the dance school used a new venue, and they had a strict "no photography allowed" rule. (Of course, that didn't stop a bunch of parents from taking photos and videos with their phones, but I sulked in my seat with my Canon t3i stuck in my bag.)

Some of the photos turned out really well. Some of them, not so well. If you'd like to see them, please feel free to check them out here: http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/th...NAME=snapfish/

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: