Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
lugnut33
DIS Veteran
 
lugnut33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,255

I feel dirty

I had a glass of Lassiter Family wine (yes, the wine produced by John Lassiter of Pixar fame) while eating dinner at Be Our Guest restaurant last Saturday and it tasted sooooo good.

So, who else has gotten down and dirty with some alcohol in the Magic Kingdom?

BTW, the wine was not cheap, $16 for a glass.
__________________
lugnut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes
 
Stacy's a freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Finger Lakes, NY
Posts: 2,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
BTW, the wine was not cheap, $16 for a glass.
WHOA!! I'm too cheap to pay that for a glass of wine! Call me a wine-o (many do) but I refuse to pay more for a glass than you can pay for a pretty decent bottle in a liquor store. It probably doesn't help that I can get good discounts locally for working part-time at a winery. BUT! I wish we could have the inside scoop on how much more income WDW is getting with the addition of alcohol. For the record, I'm still not against the idea of the alcohol - this post isn't meant to stir the pot. I am just ranting about the price gouging that is rampant in theme parks in general.
Stacy's a freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
lugnut33
DIS Veteran
 
lugnut33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy's a freak View Post
WHOA!! I'm too cheap to pay that for a glass of wine! Call me a wine-o (many do) but I refuse to pay more for a glass than you can pay for a pretty decent bottle in a liquor store. It probably doesn't help that I can get good discounts locally for working part-time at a winery. BUT! I wish we could have the inside scoop on how much more income WDW is getting with the addition of alcohol. For the record, I'm still not against the idea of the alcohol - this post isn't meant to stir the pot. I am just ranting about the price gouging that is rampant in theme parks in general.
They had $7 and $8 glasses also. I coughed up the extra money to say I've had some Lassiter wine. The alcohol wasn't priced any higher than anywhere else on property.

I noticed a few tables around us also had some alcohol.
__________________
lugnut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
lugnut33
DIS Veteran
 
lugnut33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,255

Besides drinking alcohol in the MK, me and my daughter got stuck in the MK last Friday during a Christmas Party and we didn't have tickets.

We stayed in the park right up until 7 and at about 6:58 we went over to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Walked in and had to wait 20 minutes until the next show. By the time we got out it was 7:30, which is 30 minutes into the party. We were trying to leave at this point and Main Street was packed. People were getting ready for the parade, so we figured we would take the back way through the shops to get out. Turns out they close the shops to everyone but party goers and we had to walk down Main Street. What a pretty sight, and we loved the fake snow.

At that point, we could have just stopped and watched the parade, but we didn't. We went to our dining reservation over at the Poly. And when that was done we watched Christmas Wishes from the beach, which were incredible.
__________________
lugnut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go
 
Justin Jett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,244

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Besides drinking alcohol in the MK, me and my daughter got stuck in the MK last Friday during a Christmas Party and we didn't have tickets.

We stayed in the park right up until 7 and at about 6:58 we went over to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Walked in and had to wait 20 minutes until the next show. By the time we got out it was 7:30, which is 30 minutes into the party. We were trying to leave at this point and Main Street was packed. People were getting ready for the parade, so we figured we would take the back way through the shops to get out. Turns out they close the shops to everyone but party goers and we had to walk down Main Street. What a pretty sight, and we loved the fake snow.

At that point, we could have just stopped and watched the parade, but we didn't. We went to our dining reservation over at the Poly. And when that was done we watched Christmas Wishes from the beach, which were incredible.
Bad Boy
__________________
Skip AKA "Justin"
"Pursue the passion, not the money. If you follow your passion and you're good what you do, the money comes." -Pete Werner
Justin Jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #6
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go
 
Justin Jett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,244

I have a dinner ADR for Monday night (November 19), but will not be ordering alcohol.
__________________
Skip AKA "Justin"
"Pursue the passion, not the money. If you follow your passion and you're good what you do, the money comes." -Pete Werner
Justin Jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,579
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Jett View Post
I have a dinner ADR for Monday night (November 19), but will not be ordering alcohol.
Do you drink, Skip? Or just protesting?

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
lugnut33
DIS Veteran
 
lugnut33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,255

I'm not a wine aficionado, but it sure tasted good and went well with my baked salmon. That glass of wine was the only adult drink I had during our vacation because I'm not much of a drinker. However, I really like having the option of a drink while dining since there are times where an adult drink goes perfect with the meal.
__________________
lugnut33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #9
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo
 
usnuzuloose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sacramento Ca
Posts: 135,589

I don't drink much at all. But I am to cheap to pay $16 for one glass.
__________________
A Carnival cruise.....with a chicken. TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....54201&posted=1
usnuzuloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go
 
Justin Jett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,244

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Do you drink, Skip? Or just protesting?

Sayhello
1. Being respectful
2. I don't don't the types of beer listed on the menu
__________________
Skip AKA "Justin"
"Pursue the passion, not the money. If you follow your passion and you're good what you do, the money comes." -Pete Werner
Justin Jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #11
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,579
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Jett View Post
1. Being respectful
2. I don't don't the types of beer listed on the menu
Gotcha!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #12
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran
 
EastYorkDisneyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: East York (Toronto), Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Jett View Post
1. Being respectful
2. I don't don't the types of beer listed on the menu
Sorry if this sounds rude but respectful of what?
__________________
Heading West for DPN WestFest 2010 - TR underway F & F at the DLR! Fun and planing for DPN WestFest 2011

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #13
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go
 
Justin Jett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,244

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Sorry if this sounds rude but respectful of what?
Dinner companions who don't drink.
__________________
Skip AKA "Justin"
"Pursue the passion, not the money. If you follow your passion and you're good what you do, the money comes." -Pete Werner
Justin Jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:03 AM   #14
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran
 
EastYorkDisneyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: East York (Toronto), Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Jett View Post
Dinner companions who don't drink.
That makes sense to me.
__________________
Heading West for DPN WestFest 2010 - TR underway F & F at the DLR! Fun and planing for DPN WestFest 2011

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #15
SA mom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 880

Yowza! Just curious, was there a drink limit? Could you take it out of the restaurant. I just wonder about any attempt to keep it in the restaurant and out of the rest of the park.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.