DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
4mcbjCtr
Mouseketeer

What happened to Member Services

Is it just me, or is there a decline in the quality of service through member services? When I call member services, they just seem to be lackluster and not enthusiastic and "magical" like they used to be. So glad I can book and do so much online now.
April 2008 - Saratoga Springs September 2007 - Free Dining - All Star Sports August 2007 - Boardwalk - Going "home" for my 10th Anniversary September 2006 - Pop Century June 2006 - Boardwalk Villas - this is our future home April 2006 - Saratoga Springs Resort - 1st trip home December 2005 - Crown Plaza Resort - We purchased SSR on this trip September 2005 - Shades of Green - My husband wears combat boots August 2005 - Days Inn - 1st trip to WDW - former DL alumni
4mcbjCtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Don't you bet they've had some layoffs or reassignments after the web reservation system came online?

That said, I've called MS twice during the last month. Once to make a reservation for myself that crossed my use year, as the online system can't handle that, and the rep was bubbly and helpful as ever.

The next time I called and booked ME for friends of mine that are using my points in January and the rep was efficient and helpful, but very business-like, not bubbly. I think a lot simply has to do with the individual's personality...plus, having worked customer service myself for many years, you don't know what the last member she spoke to was like. The member may have been demanding.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992

Last edited by Chuck S; 11-03-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mcbjCtr View Post
Is it just me, or is there a decline in the quality of service through member services? When I call member services, they just seem to be lackluster and not enthusiastic and "magical" like they used to be. So glad I can book and do so much online now.
I don't think their quality of service should be rated on "lackluster, enthusiastic & magical" but on if they are performing their duties and assisting you with your needs.

They are basically a call center and for the most part, I have always found them very helpful, and doing their jobs to the best of their abilities. If I ran into a snag, which has not been often, a supervisor was always able to assist further.

So please don't rate them as if they are characters that are there to provide "magical" experiences only.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
DizBub
Totally Addicted

I have spent an enormous amount of time calling MS over the last couple of months. Lots of cancellations, rearranging, rebooking, etc. Haven't had one clinker in the bunch. I personally think MS has vastly improved over the last year. Not that I ever had a particularly bad experience, but there were a couple of times that I actually had to call back to reaffirm things because the call got so confusing. Plus I ALWAYS do the survey at the end of the call. It seems to have made a difference.

I think MS has improved since on-line booking because you can "see" what's going on. Maybe it's just me.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Although I use online services, I still call ms for some things. They have been helpful and always asked if there was anything else that they could check before the call was complete and asked if we were celebrating a special occasion for upcoming reservations; the telephone call experience would go well. We do participate in every survey, and in one particular experience it was less than magical, in fact poor, after rating so, the prompt offered to have a supervisor call me back, which I did very soon after. We discussed the overall phone call, experience, the ms rep, and the issue was resolved immediately.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I have not noticed a difference. When are you calling. If you are calling on the weekends or later hours, some calls are rerouted to non DVC areas to be answered.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
IrishTink
I do believe in faeries, I do, I do!
Wow i didn't realize how excited i am

I had the same experience as Chuck S with my two most recent calls...the first one was absolutely delightful. The CM assisting me was very efficient, while being warm and friendly. The second CM I spoke to was very business like and handled my requests, but did not go out of her way to interact with me on a personal level. I was happy with the performance of both CMs...but definitely preferred speaking with the first one.
IrishTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #8
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mcbjCtr View Post

IDK, I called on Friday with some questions about extending a reservation and I recv'd possibly the best phone customer service I've ever received in my life. I know that may be extreme, but the lady was patient, incredibly helpful, informative, etc.. Definitely an A+++
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #9
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I haven't noticed a change. They give better service than the airlines. At least MS let me know my flight departure time had been changed when I went to book ME. United didn't have the courtesy to do the same.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #10
MulanMom
DIS Veteran

My recent experiences with MS have been great. One CM, and I wish I could remember her name, took initiative and suggested an alternative which made a Christmas trip possible. Had she not done so, I don't think the thought would have dawned on me. Unfortunately, every time I've remained on the line to do the survey, I get disconnected! That's unfortunate as these CMs have been doing excellent work.
MulanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #11
Donna M
DIS Veteran

I've been calling a lot lately with multiple trips including a cruise. I haven't noticed any difference in cm's. The cruise was a 3 way call with friends which had us on hold for maybe 10 to 15 min. twice. The cm was very patient and friendly through the whole call which could have lasted a good 30 min.

I had one cm who chatted quite a bit, very friendly, told me about his upcoming trip to Aulani. I've also had cm's who were businesslike but always polite.

When I call I know I'll get all kinds, some people are having a better day than others.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #12
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

I haven't noticed a change either. Knock wood, I've never been disappointed in the service from MS.
Tamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
Snow Shoe
What time is the 3 o'clock parade?

Over the last few months I've had to call MS a number of times to add/delete family members on reservations, and add ME for some flying in. Every time I've had a friendy CM, knowledgable and quick at doing what was needed to be donefor me. No problems here.

Walt Disney World... been there, done that, GOING BACK!

DLP trip...WOW!!
30th Anniversary trip...DOUBLE WOW!!!!!
Family Trip Christmas 2007...Unbelievable!!!
Retiement trip 2008...DL and WDW Outstanding!!!
Snow Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #14
CHD New York
CHD

I haven't notice but will say 98% of the time member service has been great and very helpful. I always normally try calling mid day on weekdays only, when the call volume is much lower.

Last edited by CHD New York; 11-07-2012 at 10:34 AM.
CHD New York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #15
ellenmiele

Mouseketeer

I completely DISAGREE. I had several calls to MS this week and every one of them was extremely "magical'. And I was calling with a variety of issues - combining ressies, changing names (more than once!) and creating "traveling with" links. Every MS rep I spoke with was wonderful!

5/02(Poly),4/03(Poly),4/04(WL),10/04(BW),4/05(CR),4/06(AK and GF),4/07(BCV),12/07(SSR), 6/08 (DCL Wonder and BWV), 4/09 (SSR and Poly), 4/10 (AKV-Kidani Village and BLT) 4/11 (Universal HRH for WWoHP and then HHI villas), 4/12 (OKW), 11/12 (BWV for Grandma and Grandpa's 50th anniversary!), 3/13 (OKW), and next we sail the Dream then head on to the Villas at the Grand Floridian!

WL FLAG FAMILY 4/18/04
ellenmiele is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: