Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #121
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11
Hi everyone!!!!

I was wondering why the thread was so quiet, LOL.

Ok, so now I'm thinking of 2 WDW vaca's next year! One during Sept when we like to go and one for my bday in May, the "BIG" 3-0!!!! So, decisions, decisions. If we did both trips we wouldn't get to stay at Poly for either. I just need to work out some #'s to figure out what would work.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Some of the mods are great too!! Price it all out, look at discounts, and save, save, save

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #122
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello to all of you lovelies.

Janet: Thanks for sharing the pic of Anna and your DS. Very lovely girl. Sorry for all the hurt everyone is going through; I know the hugs are only "virtual" but think of them as real...
Virtual hugs are MUCH appreciated!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Wahoooo for Pas and her gorgeous princesses! Thanks for posting those pics, Janet.
Here’s another one, the girls living it up in Grand style!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Janet - thanks for another great pas picture!!!!!

So I had the AP rate added to BOTH of my Feb resies I have them back to back so CRO has not caught on that I am double booked, lol! Ah the life if an RC'er! I was disappointed with the rates, I was hoping for more. It only turned about to be about $10/nt savings over the visa/GP Rate, but I figured $40 buys us a QS meal.
Saving is ALWAYS good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Hi everyone!!!!

I was wondering why the thread was so quiet, LOL.

Ok, so now I'm thinking of 2 WDW vaca's next year! One during Sept when we like to go and one for my bday in May, the "BIG" 3-0!!!! So, decisions, decisions. If we did both trips we wouldn't get to stay at Poly for either. I just need to work out some #'s to figure out what would work.
2 trips vs 1? Even though you might not have the Poly, you will have 2 trips to look forward to! and a Birthday trip will be awesome!!

As Melissa pointed out, there are some other nice options with the mods ...and pricing depends on the number of days for each trip.

OR you could look into renting points to stay at an Epcot resort in May for F&W ... 'course that means no RCing .... BUT it would be a great location with easy access to Epcot for F&W ... and having the Boardwalk ... all good for celebrating your Birthday!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #123
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I am hurting tonight ladies I guess maybe I am doing too much. But this makes me nervous for Disney in 2 weeks. I am doing Thanksgiving at my house so you know I am not resting next week. I need a miracle right now!!!! Dr said 4-6 weeks but for some silly reason at week 3 I was hoping for less pain.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #124
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am hurting tonight ladies I guess maybe I am doing too much. But this makes me nervous for Disney in 2 weeks. I am doing Thanksgiving at my house so you know I am not resting next week. I need a miracle right now!!!! Dr said 4-6 weeks but for some silly reason at week 3 I was hoping for less pain.

Awww I'm sorry you are feeling bad.

Don't overdo it with Thanksgiving! Maybe you could just do the turkey and have guests/family bring sides pot luck style. I'm sure your loved ones would understand!

I didn't even have any excuse/reason but when I started hosting the first thing I did was tell everybody what to bring Nobody is overworked and everybody gets to relax and enjoy the day with family!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #125
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Hope everyone's day was a good one.

I am so loving seeing all the pics of Jeanette's beautiful princesses

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #126
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

I am so loving the pictures too...thanks for sharing them with us! The girls are so precious.

Melissa: please take it easy....and yes, allow everyone to bring something. You need a break
Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #127
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger

So sorry that you are still in so much pain, it is hard to not get caught up in he festivities this time of year. When we were all in the same place for the holidays we always shared the load, please don't hesitate to ask the guests to help...after all it is Thanksgiving
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #128
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone! We are usually on a cruise for Thanksgivibg but DH was missing it so much we opted to stay home this year. We would normally go to my parents (and I would cook with my mom) but with my recovery they are coming to me. DH has emphatically said my mom can only cook things he doesn't eat, lol! She is not a bad cook by any means, but I managed to inherit the cooking gene and everyone prefers my cooking. DH and DS know that they are shopping and lifting duty. I may only be cooking for 7, but I will have enough food for 27!!! It is our favorite holiday and I do love to cook and bake, I just wish Disney wasn't the following week!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-16-2012, 12:53 AM   #129
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Janet: Thank you so much for posting the updates on Jeanette and the girls. They are so precious! Looks like they're having a great time!

Quote:
Amanda – did you ever talk to DH about the additional WDW trip
Yes! I was finally able to sit him down last night and go over my evil plans. If all goes accordingly, we will back in Disney Oct. 12th - Oct. 19th! And we'll do MNSSHP again. We are trying to trade some time we have with our Hilton timeshare into a DVC property. So, basically, I just have to wait until they call me with an availability.

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I'll be keeping you in my prayers that your pain will subside soon. Hopefully, Disney will take away any lingering pain for you.

And I was so sorry to read about your DH's company. That's so crazy! Praying that whatever is best for your family will happen soon.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #130
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

Virtual hugs are MUCH appreciated!!!

Here’s another one, the girls living it up in Grand style!!

Saving is ALWAYS good!

2 trips vs 1? Even though you might not have the Poly, you will have 2 trips to look forward to! and a Birthday trip will be awesome!!

As Melissa pointed out, there are some other nice options with the mods ...and pricing depends on the number of days for each trip.

OR you could look into renting points to stay at an Epcot resort in May for F&W ... 'course that means no RCing .... BUT it would be a great location with easy access to Epcot for F&W ... and having the Boardwalk ... all good for celebrating your Birthday!!
That's a great idea!! I'll have to look into that. I definitely want to stay near EPCOT. It would just be for a short 3 day trip.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #131
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger

Aw, I hope you're feeling better today! Hopefully you will definitely feel better next week!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #132
Janet B
DIS Veteran

TGIF Peeps!

Quote:
Melissa... so hope you are feeling better today.

I agree with IHeart and others... please do NOT over extend yourself for Thanksgiving!! Here's a plan, let DH cook the turkey (and maybe your older DS? (I assume you have one already ... if not, can you buy it cooked? Many grocery stores around here are open and you can order one). Then ask you Mom to do something that even DH will be able to eat ... maybe mashed potatoes?? Pumpkin Pie? (hey even the store bought pumpkin pies are great ... Costco makes a good one!).

Rolls, corn ...stuffing ... can you manage to sit at the table and do this? your kids can help by getting the ingredients and bringing them to the table. Do you make a sweet potatoe dish? Or we have salad too... something that you two younger can help with certainly.

Let the kids set the table, and even more importantly... leave the CLEAN UP to the MEN!!!

Then you can relax on the sofa with the REMOTE until the men have finished the cleaning up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Sheila, your trip is SO soon!!! So excited for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Janet: Thank you so much for posting the updates on Jeanette and the girls. They are so precious! Looks like they're having a great time!
You're welcome! They had a great time at Universal and at the party last night ... here a castle pix from last night.

The girls... Bree and Kate ... slept in today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Yes! I was finally able to sit him down last night and go over my evil plans. If all goes accordingly, we will back in Disney Oct. 12th - Oct. 19th! And we'll do MNSSHP again. We are trying to trade some time we have with our Hilton timeshare into a DVC property. So, basically, I just have to wait until they call me with an availability.
for your October plans!! Amanda, good luck with trading your timeshare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
That's a great idea!! I'll have to look into that. I definitely want to stay near EPCOT. It would just be for a short 3 day trip.
Great! Happy you like the idea Look into it now for renting points as May is 6 mos away only.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #133
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Yay!! Made ADR's today....got everything we wanted
1900 dinner
Tusker House breakfast
BOG dinner
Le Cellier
50's dinner

Seems so much closer now that ADR's are out of the way!! Yipee!!

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 11-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #134
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello to all! Happy Friday, lovely ladies...

Melissa: Please take it easy. We need to have you in one piece so you can give us reports on your trip.

Janet: Yaaaay another update. Lovin' the pics.

Jen: Those ADRS look GREAT! How's the man-flu DH doing? Hoping he didn't share his germs with the rest of you!

---------------

Just picked up some more things for Thanksgiving. Seems to have sneaked up on us so quickly this year.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #135
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw
!

I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I'll be keeping you in my prayers that your pain will subside soon. Hopefully, Disney will take away any lingering pain for you.

And I was so sorry to read about your DH's company. That's so crazy! Praying that whatever is best for your family will happen soon.
Oh the trade sounds like a great option if it works!!!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!! Thanks for the well wishes on all counts I am staying optimistic for sure!!!

QUOTE="DznyCrzy11"]

Aw, I hope you're feeling better today! Hopefully you will definitely feel better next week!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II[/QUOTE]

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B
TGIF Peeps!

Melissa... so hope you are feeling better today.

I agree with IHeart and others... please do NOT over extend yourself for Thanksgiving!! Here's a plan, let DH cook the turkey (and maybe your older DS? (I assume you have one already ... if not, can you buy it cooked? Many grocery stores around here are open and you can order one). Then ask you Mom to do something that even DH will be able to eat ... maybe mashed potatoes?? Pumpkin Pie? (hey even the store bought pumpkin pies are great ... Costco makes a good one!).

Rolls, corn ...stuffing ... can you manage to sit at the table and do this? your kids can help by getting the ingredients and bringing them to the table. Do you make a sweet potatoe dish? Or we have salad too... something that you two younger can help with certainly.

Let the kids set the table, and even more importantly... leave the CLEAN UP to the MEN!!!

Then you can relax on the sofa with the REMOTE until the men have finished the cleaning up!!
Oh you are the voice of reason!!!! Especially with the dishes DH and DS know they are helping and the little ones are happy to assist. I looked over my menu and decided I need to cut back and will let DH decide tonight what he wants to give up. He diets most of the year so this is a big cheat day for him, but I just can't do all his favorites this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Yay!! Made ADR's today....got everything we wanted
1900 dinner
Tusker House breakfast
BOG dinner
Le Cellier
50's dinner

Seems so much closer now that ADR's are out of the way!! Yipee!!

Have a great Friday everyone!
Woohoo!!!! It is a real vacation now

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: