Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #1276
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Padawans: Will our May dates overlap?? We are there the 15 - 20.
As of now we leave on the the 14th. My ticker is off. The one thing I have done is change the dates multiple times. It's possible we could overlap by a day or two if I have to tweak the dates at the last minute. I probably won't have it finalized until April. The YC won't change, but the dates could depending on what days my dh has off and when his vacation actually starts and ends. I usually end up having to push it up or back a day or two.... so we shall see.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #1277
Janet B
DIS Veteran

I would like to wish all RCers a happy and healthly new year.

I'm very grateful to have you all in my life.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #1278
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Love ya Janet!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:10 AM   #1279
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

... and to you, Janet
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 AM   #1280
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
That is awesome!!!! She knows you so well!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
The book is adorable, and written from her point of view and I can see that she loves Disney so much too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Sorry, I haven't been up to posting here, sort of down I guess. But it is a New Year, and I have lots to be thankful and excited for.

CandaceYes I am stoked.....I plan to be hiding on the phone in the morning for a while I think! The DD's don't go back to school until next Monday so they will be here with me. We don't plan on keeping this trip a total secret like the last one but are not going to tell them just yet. I will just have to think of where to lock myself in to use the phone!

I love that your DD wrote a Disney story....we have brainwashed them so well!
Jen
I agree with Melissa! Put a movie on for the girls and lock yourself into a bathroom to call....not like I have ever done that before....

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I am sticking with YC GV for 12 nights. We should be checking in a few days after you leave. I did upgrade to CL, but that only lasted about 2 hours. I don't want to go overboard on spending this trip since we're going back in September. September with 40% off is a pretty sweet deal...I can't say much for Sept weather.

I don't see any changes except maybe reducing it to 10 nights and spending a couple nights at a new resort. I would love to try GF, SSR or maybe just a couple of nights at AKL or CSR.

I think YC is great choice for you. I wouldn't stress over the CL. CL at YC is not as good as WL. I would think long and hard about spending the extra money on YC CL. I think you will really enjoy the location, the pool, and dinners at Epcot. The free concerts during the F&G can be entertaining. The Boardwalk at night is also fun. I think you made a great choice, but will it stick.
I definitely think we will end up loving YC....my girls love Epcot and DHS as much as MK and we spend equal time at all 3 parks so this should be great. And yes, with Test Track and Flower and Garden going on, I know we may end up spending even more time at Epcot. No CL...right now....probably at all....we just don't need it.

Quote:

And you too Janet!!

We all have so much to be grateful for...lets make 2013 great!!!

Back to work today.....so weird after 11 days off.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #1281
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Right back at you

Candace Sorry you have to go back to work today after all that time off, but just think we are officially in 2013 and you are getting so close to April

-------
Well my kiddos are still on vacation, they don't go back until next Tuesday But we have playdates today and tomorrow and possibly Friday so that is a good thing. I downloaded a new gluten free baking cookbook so and have bought all the different flours I need so I am excited to start working on some of those recipes for the kids. I have also decided I am not stepping on the scale, I know I DON'T want to see the number as I was already at my heaviest before the holidays but am starting back to eating healthy today, lots of fruit and veggies...no more snacking on chips and cheese and crackers!!!

I am still trying to move my CR res by a day or two, but it just isn't happening. Right now we are going Thur-Monday only because that is all that was available at CR the beginning of Feb but I just feel like I would rather the kids miss 3 days of school in a row and not have it split up like it is. Oh well, what can I do

Hope everyone has a very Happy Wednesday

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #1282
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Happy New Year everyone!!!! I know, I've been MIA for awhile. December was a busy month and now I wonder where the month went! Hope you're all doing well!
We're going to Disney World this year!!!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 01-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #1283
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

To you and your family as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Well my kiddos are still on vacation, they don't go back until next Tuesday But we have playdates today and tomorrow and possibly Friday so that is a good thing. I downloaded a new gluten free baking cookbook so and have bought all the different flours I need so I am excited to start working on some of those recipes for the kids. I have also decided I am not stepping on the scale, I know I DON'T want to see the number as I was already at my heaviest before the holidays but am starting back to eating healthy today, lots of fruit and veggies...no more snacking on chips and cheese and crackers!!!

I am still trying to move my CR res by a day or two, but it just isn't happening. Right now we are going Thur-Monday only because that is all that was available at CR the beginning of Feb but I just feel like I would rather the kids miss 3 days of school in a row and not have it split up like it is. Oh well, what can I do

Hope everyone has a very Happy Wednesday

Melissa
Mine go back tomorrow, and I am not ready to get back to getting up early. I rather enjoy sleeping until 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Happy New Year everyone!!!! I know, I've been MIA for awhile. December was a busy month and now I wonder where the month went! Hope you're all doing well!
We're going to Disney World this year!!!
Happy New Year to you as well. I felt the same way about not only December, but all of 2012. It just seemed like the year flew by.

Well, I got my January 2014 ADR schedule done. We're still not sure when we're gonna go. The only reason I want to go in June 2013 is b/c it's sooner, and the boys wouldn't miss any school. Although If 2013 flies by like 2012 did, January 2014 will be here before I know it.

I spent the New Years playing Star Wars: The Old Republic with the DH and then we watched an awesome Japanese movie named "Rorouni Kenshin". I would love to get that movie on my Kindle Fire. I almost liked the guy that played the lead as much as I love Toshiro Mifune.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #1284
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

miss I hope you check in. I dropped my cell phone in the pool so I can't reach you. Using DHs cell now. I'm gonna PM you the number now.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #1285
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Mine would have been back to school today if we hadn't been on the bus returning from the Disney band trip... he will be in school tomorrow. By the way, it was an awesome trip!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #1286
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Mine would have been back to school today if we hadn't been on the bus returning from the Disney band trip... he will be in school tomorrow. By the way, it was an awesome trip!

I met my DH while on a Spring Break trip to WDW with my high school band. It was for the Magical Music Days. We didn't march in the parade though, we sat on a stage somewhere (can't remember where) and played.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #1287
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Hi Ladies!

It's been a while since I've chatted with everyone, so I was dropping in to say hello. Then I saw the very sad news about Sarah's passing. My heart is heavy and truly saddened for her husband, daughters and friends. My prayers will be with them.

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 01-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #1288
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I just wanted to stop by to say Happy New Year to All my RC Family!

Sarah's passing has been weighing heavily on my mind the past few days as it has with everyone who came to know her here on the DIS and those of you who had the honor to know her in person.

RIP Sarah

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 01-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #1289
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Stopping in quickly to wish Jen lots of luck with her phone call this morning

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #1290
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger
Stopping in quickly to wish Jen lots of luck with her phone call this morning
Oh, that's this morning?I was thinking about that yesterday. Good luck Jen!! I know you'll do great!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: