Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #1171
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I hope all your homes are filled with love and joy this holiday season!!!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #1172
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

merry christmas to all the rc ladies! Much love to you all and your families!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #1173
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi All

A very Merry Christmas to all of our RC family!!

Love you guys!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #1174
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL!!

May your homes be filled with warmth, love, and happiness on Christmas Day.

Here, the weather is supposed to be bad. They can't "rule out" tornadoes, but it is also supposed to snow. It's that crazy Texas weather for ya. If it does snow, it'll only be the 2nd time in my life time I can remember getting snow here on Christmas Day.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #1175
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

A Very Merry Christmas to All!

Old 12-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #1176
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

I know this isn't a big deal to those that see this yearly, but this makes only the 2nd time in my life time this has happened (for Christmas at least). It's SNOWING!!!!! This is my 2nd Texas White Christmas!!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #1177
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas my Friends! Wishing you all much joy, peace, and love this Christmas and a New Year filled with only great things!
Love you all and I am so happy I can call you my friends and my family!
Enjoy your day! Xoxo

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 12-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #1178
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I hope you all had a wonderful and very Merry Christmas today I know from FB that Candace's girls loved their AG dolls, Jen how about yours? It seems like that was a popular gift this year. One day my DD will get there.

We (as good Jews) went to the movies today, but no Chinese food

Tomorrow is round three at the allergist, DS needs a scratch test, which he is not happy about Then DD has her bi-annual hair cut on Thursday and they both have dentist appt's on Friday. So far this is not the restful, do nothing winter break I had envisioned. Not to mention finding all the gluten free foods that the kids will eat (we put DD on gluten free as well since it is just easier and probably cant hurt her ADHD).

I have been all over the WDW website as well as others changing up our dining reservations and in touch with special diets trying to figure it all out. All I can say is that I will be siting on my CR balcony looking at Cinderella's Castle in 44 days

Love and happiness to all of you

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #1179
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi Melissa!

Again I will repeat myself, and send some good wishes for your DS's allergy testing tomorrow. What a trooper he must be. 44 Days!! Soooo excited for you all!

Since you asked about the dolls...the girls loved them!! The last present was to DD4...it was an American Girl book called "What to play with your American Girl Doll" (or something to that effect..) I felt so bad for them for about a minute when they saw the book. Their little faces....asking themselves silently why would they get such a book....and they don't even have a doll!! How cruel!

But then I brought out the three wrapped boxes....and they were just so cute. Especially the older two, DD8 the most. I haven't seen their faces light up so much at something that is NOT a disney trip in forever!! They lined them up on the couch and made my parents guess when they came in which one was for each girl. (ok, and I made the dolls look like they were holding hands...) I do really like brushing their hair too!

They are all sleeping with their dolls tucked in beside them. DD8 said she doesn't care if she hits her head on it in the night, it will be worth it!

Our dinner was so nice today, we had less family over than usual. Just my parents and FIL. Less stress, and wow that made such a difference. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day...and is relaxing now.

Jen
Old 12-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #1180
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to Everyone!!! It was a wonderful Disney Christmas!!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #1181
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I hope you all had a wonderful and very Merry Christmas today I know from FB that Candace's girls loved their AG dolls, Jen how about yours? It seems like that was a popular gift this year. One day my DD will get there.

Tomorrow is round three at the allergist, DS needs a scratch test, which he is not happy about Then DD has her bi-annual hair cut on Thursday and they both have dentist appt's on Friday. So far this is not the restful, do nothing winter break I had envisioned. Not to mention finding all the gluten free foods that the kids will eat (we put DD on gluten free as well since it is just easier and probably cant hurt her ADHD).

I have been all over the WDW website as well as others changing up our dining reservations and in touch with special diets trying to figure it all out. All I can say is that I will be siting on my CR balcony looking at Cinderella's Castle in 44 days

Melissa
Good luck at the allergist Melissa!! I hope DS can be tough and strong!
Soon enough, you'll be back in Disney!
For now, this is my view of the castle...

A little present for the girls yesterday, courtesy of Disney parks!
They wanted this in July and didn't understand why we couldn't shove it in our suitcase...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi Melissa!

Again I will repeat myself, and send some good wishes for your DS's allergy testing tomorrow. What a trooper he must be. 44 Days!! Soooo excited for you all!

Since you asked about the dolls...the girls loved them!! The last present was to DD4...it was an American Girl book called "What to play with your American Girl Doll" (or something to that effect..) I felt so bad for them for about a minute when they saw the book. Their little faces....asking themselves silently why would they get such a book....and they don't even have a doll!! How cruel!

But then I brought out the three wrapped boxes....and they were just so cute. Especially the older two, DD8 the most. I haven't seen their faces light up so much at something that is NOT a disney trip in forever!! They lined them up on the couch and made my parents guess when they came in which one was for each girl. (ok, and I made the dolls look like they were holding hands...) I do really like brushing their hair too!

They are all sleeping with their dolls tucked in beside them. DD8 said she doesn't care if she hits her head on it in the night, it will be worth it!

Our dinner was so nice today, we had less family over than usual. Just my parents and FIL. Less stress, and wow that made such a difference. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day...and is relaxing now.

Jen
Sounds like your girls LOVED their AG Dolls!!!
My girls opened theirs last too, and the squeals of happiness were so amazing, I actually got choked up (it usually takes an Act of Disney to get me there).

They played with them all day....some pics...

All in all, it was a wonderful day. I got some Minnie Mouse fleece pj's from DH

Now, to clean up this house...get the decorations down, while the children ask me to put new toys together.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #1182
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I love all your pictures Candace! The girls look so happy with their new friends! Looks like you had a little snow on the ground for Christmas? Not here, no snow.

Don't even talk about cleaning up the house....ours is a day after Christmas disaster!!

Jen
Old 12-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #1183
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love all your pictures Candace! The girls look so happy with their new friends! Looks like you had a little snow on the ground for Christmas? Not here, no snow.

Don't even talk about cleaning up the house....ours is a day after Christmas disaster!!

Jen
We got a little dusting of snow, so just enough to make it a "white Christmas"

Tomorrow we are supposed to get 6-12 inches so I am glad I don't have to work!

I think my house will be a work in progress for a few days...but I did get the tree down.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #1184
letthewookiewin

Quote:

It's funny you say that. For lunch yesterday we had brisket, potato salad, and pinto beans. Then when it was time for dinner, my DH asked me what I wanted. I said, "I want to go to the Chinese buffet in Denton". Christmas Eve, when my fil asked what we were doing for dinner, I said the same thing. I still haven't gotten my Chinese food.

Quote:
I hope all goes well with the DS. I wouldn't want to do that either. My fil used to go to the allergist every other week to get shots for his allergies. They actually found his blood clots b/c he went to the ER due to his tongue swelling so much it almost closed off his airway. Luckily, since he stopped eating cinnamon, it hasn't happened again.

Quote:

Melissa
I can't wait to be sitting there myself. I just wish the DH would make up his mind about when we are going. I hate holding on to ADRs at 'Ohana, BOG, CRT, Chef Mickey's, and Le Cellier if we aren't going to use them in June. It's not about the heat in June that is bothering him, it's the crowds. He thinks the MK will be even worse this next June, than last, b/c of the new FantastyLand.

Quote:

Jen
I'm glad the girls loved the dolls.

We did have a great Christmas. It sounds like y'all did too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Sounds like your girls LOVED their AG Dolls!!!
My girls opened theirs last too, and the squeals of happiness were so amazing, I actually got choked up (it usually takes an Act of Disney to get me there).
I'm glad they loved their dolls as well. I'm the same way with my boys when they are that excited about something.

Quote:
Love the monkey PJs, especially since they are green.

Quote:
Your girls are very pretty. I love the matching outfits!! My mom used to make matching outfits for us and our Barbies. My mom is the type that can go to a store, look at something, and go home and make her own pattern to it.

Quote:
Now, to clean up this house...get the decorations down, while the children ask me to put new toys together.
Nah you don't. Just do what Scarlett O'Hara would do and think about it later.

"I won’t think of it now. I’ll think of it later when I can stand it." - Scarlett O'Hara

One year, I just kept putting off taking our tree down. It first became a "New Years Eve" tree, then a "Happy Brithday John Michael" tree, a "Happy Birthday Me" tree", a "Happy Martin Luther King Day" tree, a "Happy Madre Gras" tree, a "Happy Presidents Day" tree, a "Happy Valentine's Day" tree. Then just when it was going to be a "Happy St. Patrick's Day" tree, my mom jokingly said that if I didn't take that tree down, she was turning me in to CPS for child abuse for keeping it up so long.

Quote:
We got a little dusting of snow, so just enough to make it a "white Christmas"
That basically what we got. I think it ending up being a couple of inches. It was enough that the DH couldn't leave for work until after 11 (I think).

Quote:
Tomorrow we are supposed to get 6-12 inches so I am glad I don't have to work!
I would love to get that kind of snow again. I think that's about what we got Christmas 2 years ago.

We opened presents with the boys yesterday. I think they were more excited about the new tv we bought them than the new iPods.

Either tomorrow or Friday, it'll depend on how long it takes this snow to melt, my sister wants me and my mom to drop my dad and the boys off at her house. Then the 3 of us girls are going to see Les Miserables. I can't wait!! I love that musical!! Plus I can't wait to go over to my sister's house. She got a new fur baby this weekend. His name is Clancy and is a 7 year old Irish Wolfhound.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #1185
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Wookie: Ooooh Les Mis! I wish I could come too! It is my favorite too....but DH isn't too excited about seeing it in the theatre.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: