Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #1156
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Oh I may have some changes coming.....need to scour the WDW website and see what I need to do. DS9's allergy testing showed he is highly allergic to WHEAT I dont know if I can do enough gluten free at the restaurants or if I need to try to change to BLT. I am off to research then will be back to catch up. I swear it is never ending, but at least we finally know what is causing his ulcers, erosion and gastritis. Now he can finally start to heal.

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #1157
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Oh I may have some changes coming.....need to scour the WDW website and see what I need to do. DS9's allergy testing showed he is highly allergic to WHEAT I dont know if I can do enough gluten free at the restaurants or if I need to try to change to BLT. I am off to research then will be back to catch up. I swear it is never ending, but at least we finally know what is causing his ulcers, erosion and gastritis. Now he can finally start to heal.

Melissa
OMgosh, wheat...is in everything. Is is celiac? You must feel a bit relieved to have a bit of a diagnosis now. Now you can focus on getting his tummy better. Friends of ours went to WDW last January, she has celiac, and was pleased at how great the restaurants were about it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #1158
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Depending on where they are coming from, I would think if they were mailed by the 26th or 27th. I would imagine they will be putting them up around the 30 or 31st. They have been working in the school getting it ready around the clock. They are doing their best in making the rooms look exactly like the rooms at sandy hook. Some of the students went yesterday, to get their things that had been left behind and seemed pretty happy with the way things looked...of course others will have a more difficult time, but it is a small step forward.
It is a small step, but those small steps will add up. Hopefully, the extra magic of the snowflakes will help, even if in a small way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Will a snowfall smiley do?

Thinking of you all fondly this Christmas season.
Love the smiley!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good afternoon to all.

Are you going to do Star Wars ones, Wookie? I keep looking at those templates but not sure how good I'll be with an X-acto.
Good afternoon!!

Star Wars snowflakes? I'm going to have to Google patterns for that and Disney ones too.

Quote:
I miss all of you and promise to catch up soon. Tomorrow is a lost day with DS at the allergist for another round of testing. Plus got bad news from my dad's cardiologist. I NEED DISNEY MAGIC!!!!!

Love and hugs to all my RC family!
Melissa
I'm so sorry you dad got bad news from the cardiologist. It seems like for the past couple of years that's the only kind of new my in laws have been getting from their doctors.

Quote:
Jen, HUGS right back at ya! I know you are going through all the parent stuff too, it really does suck, doesn't it
Luckily, my parents are pretty healthy. We're going through this kind of stuff with my in laws. I thought one day we would have to help take care of parents, but not this young. I think both of my inlaws are in their 50's. I'm just glad we had our children when we were pretty young and both our DS are teenagers.

Quote:
When we told our kids about the shooting (afraid they would hear it from another student) they both piped right up and said, oh that is why we have code red drills, we know just what to do Our school also has always had the buzzer system and video cameras at all doors, and the superintendent did put a call out saying all schools would be getting additional security, guess that is what I am seeing. I remember being horrified on 9/11, DS19 was in elementary school and I was at the gym watching the news. Thankfully it was a planned half day at school and carline that day was around the school. We all just needed to be with our loved ones.
My DSs were both under 5 when that happened, and going to the day care I worked at. Honestly, it's b/c of that, that anytime I go anywhere I look for the exits as soon as we get some where. Before that, when we took the kids on a field trip, I would just take small note of the exits. After, it was the first thing we did when we got some where. The thing that made our kids the most scared was going outside. We live near several major airports and you can always see multiple planes in the air. To go outside and not see any, terrified the kids. They didn't want to go outside at all.

Quote:
Well I did it, I made the call at this late hour and changed us to TPV!!! I think the kids will love it and really at and extra $35 how could I pass it up

Melissa
I was going to suggest that, but you changed it before I could. I think being able to sit and look at the castle, in your PJs, from your own balcony, is going to be the most relaxing part of our trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hey girls!

I seriously over-scheduled myself this week and have been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Miss you all.
I hope your week slows down and you can enjoy the holidays.

Well I didn't get home until 10 or 11 PM last night and I was too tired to post anything. My grandmother is having memory issues and problems with her mind. My mom had me go into her room first, followed by my boys, and then my mom. She didn't recognize me or the boys until my mom walked into the room. Then we she realized who we were, she cried a little. She said she didn't think she would ever see my boys again. As we were talking, before the party started, I did something that my DH says is going to land me straight in h-e-you-know-where. My grandmother asked my mom if her birthday was on August 10th. My mom said yes. My g-mom asked if my uncles bday was on the 7th. My mom said, "no Momma, it's on the 17th." They went back and forth on that for a minute, until my mom convinced her it was on the 17th. Then the g-mom said, "well my birthday is April 13th?" I said, "now Momma, you know your birthday is the 12th." She asked if I was sure. When I tried to assure her, my mom said, "Kimberly D" and before she could get my middle name out I admitted to my g-mom that I was only joking. My JM was amazing!! I don't know if it's from his ASD, but he has this almost phobia of the elderly and young children. Plus he hates crowded rooms. Well the room we were in to eat had all of those issues. Normally he would do what we call "Donald Ducking". It's where he rants and he talks really fast almost to the point of not being able to understand him, like Donald Duck does. He normally would have done that when in a situation like that but he didn't. He didn't even cover his mouth with his hand, this thing he does when he's uncomfortable. I could see he was starting to get uncomfortable, so I let him play with my iPhone. Anyway, I'm off to knit and hopefully finish my hat before Saturday.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #1159
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Yay!! Just changed...

May 15 - 20

BEACH CLUB!!!

Had to have a room booked....had to!! Now just have to wait to call back and hopefully apply some discounts!

Jen
Wooohooo!!!! Must feel good!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #1160
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Melissa
Poor baby!!! Well, at least you have a diagnosis now and can get him feeling better.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #1161
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies.

Melissa: So soooo glad you got a diagnosis for him.

Wookie: Oh yeah! Here's the linky.

Jen: WaHOOOOOOO for booking!

Ya know, I'm getting quite excited for yours and Candace's DDs American Girl reveals!

These and these and loads of this to everyone above and to our Sarah, I_Heart, Magic, DetTigs, Ginny, Christine, Lacey, Linda, Janet, Kookamazoo, Ginny and to our lovely leader, Pas. And to anyone I've missed, it's because my brain is wonky.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #1162
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Thanks for the link. They are awesome!! I think the only way I could pull those off was if I had the magical skills it would take to get into Hogwart's. My bil (my sister's hubby), now he could do that easy.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #1163
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Well...you know the RC family is busy getting ready for Christmas when we have fallen off the first page!! But no worries I will rescue us!

DH and I just finished 2 hours worth of wrapping!! It was a struggle, both of our backs are broken! And yes DH is that parent who was saying "I don't know...DD4 needs one more thing...it doesn't look even!"

I am trying to convince him that it is ok...she won't notice a thing!! Once I pull out those AG dolls at the end everything else will be a blur! Although I have to say, as I was wrapping those AG dolls, I noticed on the box it says "Made in China???" I was not happy about that. I tried really hard to buy only Made in North AMerica stuff this year. But I will suck it up and move on. Just this once! It's for a good cause.

Hope you are all coping well with the Pre Christmas stresses and things to do. Still can't believe we switched to the BC!!! But also scared! And feel a bit irresponsible after seeing how much we ended up spending on X-mas. If we stayed at POR, we would be PIF right now, before any potential discount.

But...that pool!!! And location...and well everything!!

Jen
Old 12-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #1164
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Thank you ladies for be so quiet lately, giving me the opportunity to catch up

I think maybe after the first of the year, we will all need to do a quick recap of where we are in life and what are WDW plans are

Working backwards, so bear with me, LOL!

Jen – WOOHOO on the BC PIF just isn’t the same, even when you are staring at all those Christmas presents. I can’t wait to hear what the girls think of their AG dolls!!!! No, DS does not have celiacs, it was one of the first thing they tested for a couple years back. From what I have read with celiacs it is a problem with digesting a particular protein that is found in several grains not just wheat, luckily DS is just allergic to wheat and can still have other grains. I have been heavily researching gluten/wheat free in WDW and it looks like it won’t be a problem at all!

Wookie – I am so sorry to hear about your grandma, it is so hard to see their mind’s slip I am glad JM did well, I know how hard those situations are with these boys. I swear the invention of the iPhone is the saving grace for ASD!!!! You’re in-laws are very lucky to have you to take care of them! But I am sure it was not your plan so young.

I_heart – I hope you slow down after Christmas! Mommy needs some rest time

Lacey – good to see you pop in We definitely all understand the craziness of life! I hope you and your family are doing well.

Cynthia – the kids were very excited to hear we upgraded to TPV

Miss – have you been staying away from Target I hope all is wel with you!

Jeanette – I am guessing you are working this weekend. Will you have a few days off during the week for Christmas? Is DH getting more of your attention these days

Christine – I love “pay it forward” I think I mentioned before on here that when my good friend’s son passed that was her biggest request from all her friends and family. It is something so small, but makes such an impact.

Candace – OH NO, you killed a thread I have been so MIA from the boards lately I didn’t even see it. Oh and just to tease you a bit, DD said she is back to wanting her bday in WDW. But DH and I aren't booking anything until we know what is happening with his job. Enjoy your time off!

Sarah – I hope you are feeling better with each passing day! Soon youll be able to rest in the warm FL sun

Oh I am sure I have missed some very important posts, but I need to go before my laptop dies. Wishing everyone the very Happiest Holidays!!!!!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #1165
letthewookiewin

Quote:

Melissa
I don't know how I missed this. I know it'll be hard to work around an allergy like that. Your right though, at least he can start to heal.

Quote:

Wookie – I am so sorry to hear about your grandma, it is so hard to see their mind’s slip I am glad JM did well, I know how hard those situations are with these boys. I swear the invention of the iPhone is the saving grace for ASD!!!! You’re in-laws are very lucky to have you to take care of them! But I am sure it was not your plan so young.

Melissa
Thank you. I'm just glad she is around still, even if her mind isn't always 100%. This next April 13, she'll be 90. We're planning a big birthday for her. iPhones, iPods, and Kindle Fires all are such a saving grace for me.

Well ladies, I'm zonk'd. We did all of our Christmas shopping today and the DH took me to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We braved Wal Mart (I even went in a 2nd time without the DH), Game Stop, Best Buy, and I went to the Apple Store (my first time in one) while the DH went to buy my gift. I think I deserve an extra day or two for surviving the Apple Store the day before Christmas Eve, especially in the Southlake Town Centre.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #1166
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello ladies.

Melissa: So soooo glad you got a diagnosis for him.

Jen: WaHOOOOOOO for booking!

Ya know, I'm getting quite excited for yours and Candace's DDs American Girl reveals!

These and these and loads of this to everyone above and to our Sarah, I_Heart, Magic, DetTigs, Ginny, Christine, Lacey, Linda, Janet, Kookamazoo, Ginny and to our lovely leader, Pas. And to anyone I've missed, it's because my brain is wonky.
My girls are soooooooooo excited for Christmas!!!!! I can't wait until they get their AG dolls tomorrow either!!! And my mom went and bought them the cutest kid/doll coordinating outfits so all four of them will be dressed alike and totally styling! They are gonna love it!!!

I am happy that DD8 still believes in Santa. I thought that this might the year that some kid tells her about it, but she still believes very deeply that he's out there somewhere. . Last night, we went to the NH Motor Speedway for their "Gift of Lights" which is a 2 mile course of awesome lights that you drive around...the LOVED it and at the end, she met the Santa there and felt that he could have actually been the real one...(and she knows that the ones in stores and stuff are "fake")...but according to her, this one might have been him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Well...you know the RC family is busy getting ready for Christmas when we have fallen off the first page!!But no worries I will rescue us!

DH and I just finished 2 hours worth of wrapping!! It was a struggle, both of our backs are broken! And yes DH is that parent who was saying "I don't know...DD4 needs one more thing...it doesn't look even!"

I am trying to convince him that it is ok...she won't notice a thing!! Once I pull out those AG dolls at the end everything else will be a blur! Although I have to say, as I was wrapping those AG dolls, I noticed on the box it says "Made in China???" I was not happy about that. I tried really hard to buy only Made in North AMerica stuff this year. But I will suck it up and move on. Just this once! It's for a good cause.

Hope you are all coping well with the Pre Christmas stresses and things to do. Still can't believe we switched to the BC!!! But also scared! And feel a bit irresponsible after seeing how much we ended up spending on X-mas. If we stayed at POR, we would be PIF right now, before any potential discount.

But...that pool!!! And location...and well everything!!

Jen
I'm so glad you're excited about BC!!!! Being happy with the resort choice is half of the fun when going to Disney!! I admit to thinking about AKL and WL (both CL) again...I just love the coziness of the Lodges...and maybe I'm more influenced right now because its so cold out, I'm just craving warmth. But YC is definitely my top choice after the lodges, so I'm hanging onto it. That reservation should be PIF by the end of the week.

I think I'm going to make a NYE resolution to buy more Made in America products.

Quote:
Thank you ladies for be so quiet lately, giving me the opportunity to catch up

I think maybe after the first of the year, we will all need to do a quick recap of where we are in life and what are WDW plans are

Working backwards, so bear with me, LOL!

Jen – WOOHOO on the BC PIF just isn’t the same, even when you are staring at all those Christmas presents. I can’t wait to hear what the girls think of their AG dolls!!!! No, DS does not have celiacs, it was one of the first thing they tested for a couple years back. From what I have read with celiacs it is a problem with digesting a particular protein that is found in several grains not just wheat, luckily DS is just allergic to wheat and can still have other grains. I have been heavily researching gluten/wheat free in WDW and it looks like it won’t be a problem at all!

I_heart – I hope you slow down after Christmas! Mommy needs some rest time

Lacey – good to see you pop in We definitely all understand the craziness of life! I hope you and your family are doing well.

Cynthia – the kids were very excited to hear we upgraded to TPV

Miss – have you been staying away from Target I hope all is wel with you!

Jeanette – I am guessing you are working this weekend. Will you have a few days off during the week for Christmas? Is DH getting more of your attention these days

Christine – I love “pay it forward” I think I mentioned before on here that when my good friend’s son passed that was her biggest request from all her friends and family. It is something so small, but makes such an impact.

Candace – OH NO, you killed a thread I have been so MIA from the boards lately I didn’t even see it. Oh and just to tease you a bit, DD said she is back to wanting her bday in WDW. But DH and I aren't booking anything until we know what is happening with his job. Enjoy your time off!

Sarah – I hope you are feeling better with each passing day! Soon youll be able to rest in the warm FL sun

Oh I am sure I have missed some very important posts, but I need to go before my laptop dies. Wishing everyone the very Happiest Holidays!!!!!

Melissa
Remember, if you decide on the April trip....WE ARE AT YC NOW!!!! easy access!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I don't know how I missed this. I know it'll be hard to work around an allergy like that. Your right though, at least he can start to heal.

Thank you. I'm just glad she is around still, even if her mind isn't always 100%. This next April 13, she'll be 90. We're planning a big birthday for her. iPhones, iPods, and Kindle Fires all are such a saving grace for me.

Well ladies, I'm zonk'd. We did all of our Christmas shopping today and the DH took me to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We braved Wal Mart (I even went in a 2nd time without the DH), Game Stop, Best Buy, and I went to the Apple Store (my first time in one) while the DH went to buy my gift. I think I deserve an extra day or two for surviving the Apple Store the day before Christmas Eve, especially in the Southlake Town Centre.
You definitely deserve some time off...I'm glad to have gotten my shopping done a month ago...first time I was ever really "on it", I'll have to do that from now on!

So, we've got a busy day ahead...cookie baking, food making, and family Christmas party tonight, so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to get on here...luckily all of the presents are wrapped!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to my wonderful RC friends!!!! Many wishes for a beautiful day with your families!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 12-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #1167
pas130
DIS Veteran

Sorry I'm not around. Work and hubsitting..Merry merry Christmas to all my wonderful ladies!!! Off until tomorrow night!! Yay. Santa is coming tonight!!
Old 12-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #1168
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

To all my RC friends

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 12-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #1169
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Lots of to all of you.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #1170
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

From our Connecticut home to yours, Merry Christmas!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: