Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #1141
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

FYI...if you are sending snowflakes the kids return to school on January 2.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 12-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #1142
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
This made me smile

Friends I feel like I have been offline FOREVER ! So lost, but I am missing you all Yep, I am at work..but tomorrow is class party day and lunch with DH...I am tired already

Why aren't there any snowflake smilies.....bet Kook can find one!!
Have fun at the class party and lunch with the DH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
FYI...if you are sending snowflakes the kids return to school on January 2.
Thanks. I wonder if they'll get there in time if I send them normal mail?

We'll y'all have a great day. The boys are taking their showers and getting ready to go. Then we're off to pick up my parents on the way to my grandmothers. Hopefully I'll be back home before 11 PM. It's going to be a long day, but I know it'll make my grandmother happy.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #1143
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

We'll y'all have a great day. The boys are taking their showers and getting ready to go. Then we're off to pick up my parents on the way to my grandmothers. Hopefully I'll be back home before 11 PM. It's going to be a long day, but I know it'll make my grandmother happy.
Depending on where they are coming from, I would think if they were mailed by the 26th or 27th. I would imagine they will be putting them up around the 30 or 31st. They have been working in the school getting it ready around the clock. They are doing their best in making the rooms look exactly like the rooms at sandy hook. Some of the students went yesterday, to get their things that had been left behind and seemed pretty happy with the way things looked...of course others will have a more difficult time, but it is a small step forward.
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 12-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #1144
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Why aren't there any snowflake smilies.....
Will a snowfall smiley do?

Thinking of you all fondly this Christmas season.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #1145
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon to all.

The PTA blurb on their site says "by January 12th." That does sound a bit late. I'm going to send them out day after Christmas at any rate. Will be a nice project to do with the kiddo.

Are you going to do Star Wars ones, Wookie? I keep looking at those templates but not sure how good I'll be with an X-acto.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #1146
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout
Good afternoon to all.

The PTA blurb on their site says "by January 12th." That does sound a bit late. I'm going to send them out day after Christmas at any rate. Will be a nice project to do with the kiddo.

Are you going to do Star Wars ones, Wookie? I keep looking at those templates but not sure how good I'll be with an X-acto.
I know, but our local (CT) news said they wanted them up when the kids returned on the 2nd.
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 12-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #1147
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

Fun day!! Tiring...having an AoA day today

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis!

Will a snowfall smiley do?

Thinking of you all fondly this Christmas season.
I like it!!! Happy holidays Dear friend!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #1148
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Lurking a bit during a very busy week and stressful week. Between tears tonight I needed a distraction and played on the WDW website. Well you know something came up.

A TPV room with an AP disc came available for our dates at CR. We loved our BLV room but we had the CL to watch the fireworks, etc. The cost is only about $35/nt more for TPV, do I switch? Or do I keep our calm, relaxing BLV?

Oh and our school is also doing the snow flakes Speaking of which today was the holiday parties at the kiddos' school, police all over the roads leading into the school, officers walking through the school, strict id to get into the school (on top of the buzzer system) and I found out that this week the school implemented a locked door policy for the classrooms Classroom doors are now locked from the outside and only the teacher is allowed to open the door. What is this world coming to?????

I miss all of you and promise to catch up soon. Tomorrow is a lost day with DS at the allergist for another round of testing. Plus got bad news from my dad's cardiologist. I NEED DISNEY MAGIC!!!!!

Love and hugs to all my RC family!
Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #1149
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Lurking a bit during a very busy week and stressful week. Between tears tonight I needed a distraction and played on the WDW website. Well you know something came up.

A TPV room with an AP disc came available for our dates at CR. We loved our BLV room but we had the CL to watch the fireworks, etc. The cost is only about $35/nt more for TPV, do I switch? Or do I keep our calm, relaxing BLV?

Oh and our school is also doing the snow flakes Speaking of which today was the holiday parties at the kiddos' school, police all over the roads leading into the school, officers walking through the school, strict id to get into the school (on top of the buzzer system) and I found out that this week the school implemented a locked door policy for the classrooms Classroom doors are now locked from the outside and only the teacher is allowed to open the door. What is this world coming to?????

I miss all of you and promise to catch up soon. Tomorrow is a lost day with DS at the allergist for another round of testing. Plus got bad news from my dad's cardiologist. I NEED DISNEY MAGIC!!!!!

Melissa

Lots of hugs for you Melissa! I am sorry to hear your dad had some bad news at the cardiologist, my mom is going through some issues too as you know. I hope your DS's testing isn't too painful for him.

I think I might be tempted to switch to that TPV! Only $35 more a night seems pretty painless! Unless you prefer to be lake side. I can see how it might be a bit more relaxing.

In a way I wish our school had some of those measures, but not all I suppose. Locked classrooms...that is intense. I guess maybe they are trying to reassure parents and students of their safety right now.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow, despite your appointment. one more hug

Jen
Old 12-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #1150
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger

Melissa
Me, I would switch

Our district cancelled school tomorrow out of an abundance of caution..,rumors all week at the high school about some sort of violence...mostly because of the Mayan stuff...but after last week...

We have buzzers and cameras and locked doors. Our kids have been doing "dangerous situation" drills ever since 9/11.

Hope you are able to have a restful weekend.

Cynthia
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 12-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #1151
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Lots of hugs for you Melissa! I am sorry to hear your dad had some bad news at the cardiologist, my mom is going through some issues too as you know. I hope your DS's testing isn't too painful for him.

I think I might be tempted to switch to that TPV! Only $35 more a night seems pretty painless! Unless you prefer to be lake side. I can see how it might be a bit more relaxing.

In a way I wish our school had some of those measures, but not all I suppose. Locked classrooms...that is intense. I guess maybe they are trying to reassure parents and students of their safety right now.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow, despite your appointment. one more hug

Jen
Jen, HUGS right back at ya! I know you are going through all the parent stuff too, it really does suck, doesn't it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Me, I would switch

Our district cancelled school tomorrow out of an abundance of caution..,rumors all week at the high school about some sort of violence...mostly because of the Mayan stuff...but after last week...

We have buzzers and cameras and locked doors. Our kids have been doing "dangerous situation" drills ever since 9/11.

Hope you are able to have a restful weekend.

Cynthia
When we told our kids about the shooting (afraid they would hear it from another student) they both piped right up and said, oh that is why we have code red drills, we know just what to do Our school also has always had the buzzer system and video cameras at all doors, and the superintendent did put a call out saying all schools would be getting additional security, guess that is what I am seeing. I remember being horrified on 9/11, DS19 was in elementary school and I was at the gym watching the news. Thankfully it was a planned half day at school and carline that day was around the school. We all just needed to be with our loved ones.

-------------------------
Well I did it, I made the call at this late hour and changed us to TPV!!! I think the kids will love it and really at and extra $35 how could I pass it up

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #1152
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Good call continued best wishes
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 12-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #1153
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Good morning friends!

I have been MIA for so long. I have so much to catch up on and a Dining report to finish! Work has been crazy, home has been crazy and honestly, the boards make me sad when we don't have a trip planned!

I will catch up on the thread! I hope everyone is doing well.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 12-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #1154
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Hey girls!

I seriously over-scheduled myself this week and have been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Miss you all.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 12-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #1155
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Yay!! Just changed...

May 15 - 20

BEACH CLUB!!!

Had to have a room booked....had to!! Now just have to wait to call back and hopefully apply some discounts!

Jen

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: