Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #1111
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Mmmmm! Hi wookie those pretzels are yummy! I had someone give me some at work as a gift and I loved them! But she also melted caramel bars and drizzled caramel with the chocolate....the sweet and salty is so addicting
I wasn't even going to do anything chocolate dipped. The plan was to just do the hot chocolate kits. The other day while the bil was with training with the DH, the DH told him what we were doing for everyone for Christmas. The bil told the DH that he had been hoping I would do more of the chocolate dipped stuff. I agree about the sweet and salty. One of my favorite Ben Jerry's ice cream flavors is Late Night Snack. It has Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with a Salty Caramel Swirl & Fudge Covered Potato Chip Clusters. It is soooo good!! I would love some right now!!

Quote:
Well my friends, I got the call today , my interview is Jan 4th....new year may bring new challenges and opportunities! I'm a tad scared, I really don't enjoy interviews The competition is internal, so I think I have a good chance, I don't quite yet know what to feel about it! I think I'm waiting for the final offer to make any decisions -- full time will mean more Disney money for sure, lol

I'm training my new partner this week , so I'm a tad busy. Thankful to have my part time schedule over the holidays though! After Friday, I'll work Fri Dec 28, Thursday Jan 3, and that's it until Jan 7!!! Worked well for me this year!
You'll do great!! If it is meant to be, then you'll get it.

Quote:
I had to take my new car in today as my cruise control light blinked constantly, check engine light came on, and traction control came on! Thankfully it ended up being a fixable issue -- the car misfired while merging in the cold weather (an emissions thing) which caused the disable of cruise and traction-- a computer upgrade fixed the problem hopefully! Still disconcerting when it's a new car!

Happy Tuesday my friends

Marie
I'm glad it was an easy fix. Hopefully, you don't have any more issues with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wookie: Sounds like you went to a lot of trouble to make your Christmas gifts, but they sound delicious!!! I am sure they will be appreciated.
I'm sure they will. I have a lot of fun making them with the DSs.

Quote:
Well, not too much going on here. Our teachers are going on a one day strike tomorrow, they are fighting with the gov't right now. So tomorrow the DD's and I will do some baking. I wasn't going to, but tonight they were all asking when we are going to make our Haystacks and Marshmallow roll. "They are our favorites!!!" they all said. Okay, that's all I needed to hear.
Hopefully, the strike will only be the one day and the kids won't miss more than the one day. Also, I can't wait to read the recipes.

Quote:
Still trying to figure out that whole 2013 discount posted by Danny25. I am in the camp of just waiting to see what happens. If something can help us out...great!! If not we are still going to Disney no matter what, and it will be magical no matter where we end up!

Hugs to all

Jen
I'll have to go find his post. Is it in the rumor section or the discount one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm here!!! Trying to get packed .... we leave for So Cal at 8 am in the morning to spend Christmas with the kids. Knitting ... done! Fudge .... done! Christmas shopping .... done! Present wrapping ..... done! Long drive tomorrow but at least the weather should be good! Will be popping in on my phone for the next week.
I know your gone already, but have a safe and wonderful trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Good Morning and Happy Hump Day!

Going into work late today since DD8's school has their holiday concert today, so DH and I will attend before going to work.
I have a love/hate relationship with school functions. I love watching the DSs. I just hate the super crowded hallways, and the not near enough parking. Football games don't bother me as much, b/c there is tons of parking and everyone is crowded into a tiny space together.

Quote:
The week is almost halfway over! I was pretty convinced that this week would d-r-a-g.....but it's moving along.
I need it to drag a bit more. I have until Saturday to get my family's dipped stuff done. I can't do any of it tomorrow b/c I'll be gone. About 3 years ago, my grandmother started having mental issues. We think it's from side effects from not being able to get enough oxygen to her brain. I can't remember right now, I know she has COPD and something about clogged veins in her neck. Anyway, she started telling everyone that my parent's were trying to kill her, and her church believed her. Well my great uncle was living in a nursing home near where my grandmother grew up, and she insisted on moving there. My parent's had no issue moving her out of their house, since they were getting threats from the g-mom's church. Well, tomorrow the nursing home is having their Christmas party and my mom wants to surprise my grandmother with the DSs and I going. I have to drive an hour to get my parents (in the opposite direction of the nursing home), and then 2-3 hours to the nursing home. I know it'll make my grandmother's Christmas. She hasn't seen my boys since her birthday in April and she keep talking about wanting to see them.

Quote:
Friday, we have our refi closing!!! Another $250/month less we'll be paying on our mortgage!!!
WOO HOO!! More money!! For some reason, when I read your post, I though about the Capital One Baby.

Quote:
Then, I will be off from work until Jan 2nd (cue the choir)....I am soooooo ready for a break. The best thing is that out of the 11 days I'll be off (including weekends) I only have to use 3 days PTO since our work also gave us Christmas Eve and NYE as holidays this year too!!!
WOO HOO!!! Have fun on vacation!!

Quote:
Looking forward to 2013. 2012 ended on such a sad note with what happened in CT. Just wanted to say that I love you all my friends and I hope that 2013 brings nothing but health, healing, happiness and LOVE for us all....

Oooooooohhhhhh!!! My ticker dipped into the 3 months range!!!!!!
The same to you as well. 2013 will be better than 2012 whether it wants to or not!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Good morning Ladies!

I got released from the hospital late afternoon yesterday. So glad to be home with pain meds that are working.
I'm glad your home, and even more happy you have pain meds that are working. Just stay on top of them. Playing catch up with pain meds is never fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Have't said much about my upcoming trip, since I haven't been doing very well. However, I go the go ahead from my oncologist to go! It will be a slower paced vacation than usual, but I will be in WDW.
I'm glad your well enough to still be able to go to WDW. I'm sure it'll be the best medicine you could get. Disney at a slower pace would be nice. We did that a few times this last trip (when it wasn't raining). We would just sit and take in being at WDW.

Well ladies, my day has been awesome!!! Today was the DSs first day off for Christmas break (even though the school calls it Winter Break). The DH woke me a little as he was getting ready for work, but I went back to sleep. I didn't get out of bed until 11:20!! It was awesome!!!

Oh, and I was brave enough to ask my mil if she thought the DH could have a few days off next December to go to WDW. All she would say was that I had to ask the fil. Yeah, I'm no brave enough for that conversation yet. I would rather be put in a cage and feed sharks right now.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Last edited by letthewookiewin; 12-19-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #1112
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Wookie: What a multi quote!!! Why am I green with envy at your sleep in this morning...

Okay, so although I can be quite mathematically challenged...I think this supposed Jan 3rd discount can save us a little over $800!! This is like free dining for us! Now, my question for you all is, should I call now and switch over our reservation to Beach Club, or wait until the discount is released???Which is better???

I feel like doing it now....but...

Jen
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #1113
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wookie: What a multi quote!!! Why am I green with envy at your sleep in this morning...

Okay, so although I can be quite mathematically challenged...I think this supposed Jan 3rd discount can save us a little over $800!! This is like free dining for us! Now, my question for you all is, should I call now and switch over our reservation to Beach Club, or wait until the discount is released???Which is better???

Jen
Well, even if you switch now, you'll have to call again to make sure Beach Club is available under the promo, right??? So, you might as well do it all at once, right??

But, I know how tempting it is to change!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #1114
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, even if you switch now, you'll have to call again to make sure Beach Club is available under the promo, right??? So, you might as well do it all at once, right??

But, I know how tempting it is to change!
Hmmm...yes I will have to call again to get the discount applied if I switch now. But I do like the thought of having the room already reserved. That thought makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #1115
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm...yes I will have to call again to get the discount applied if I switch now. But I do like the thought of having the room already reserved. That thought makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!
I wasn't able to pull up the spreadsheet referencing the new promotion, but I know there was alot of confusion about it. What is the deal exactly?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #1116
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Well, it isn't really that much of one when you consider I just broke down people's post into smaller post to be able to comment on each section individually. Kinda like I did with this one.

Quote:

Jen
Personally, I would do it now. I like being able to go to the Disney website and seeing the picture of the resort I want to stay at. I know you'll have to call back when they release a discount.

I swear I don't know if I'm ticked at my fil or myself for being ticked at my fil. I finally convinced the DH to give the DSs the tv that is just sitting behind where he sits to play on his computer. When we moved in with his parents, he didn't want to put it in storage. Due to the people that built the inlaws house being idiots (like they didn't put a chimney in a house down the street, but put in a fireplace) there is not enough amps (or whatever it's called) for us to put a tv in our room. There wasn't much room in the boys room due to the bed and two big dressers, so the DH didn't want it in there. Well, the inlaws have since put a bunk bed in there for the boys, so they don't have to sleep in the same bed. I convinced the DH to give the tv to the boys, as a minor Christmas present, to be able to better play XBOX on. Their current tv is maybe 25" and old. Well the fil hinted the other day to us moving the tv "into that room back there" and waved toward the boys room. Luckily, even though Joey was in the living room, he wasn't looking at the fil. Then today, the fil outright tell's Joey that we are moving our tv into their room for them to use. I got so pissed that I called the DH at work (which I don't do) and then sent the mil a text. Well the mil got all over the fil's rear, and he came and apologized. I know he's been having memory problems ever since he had blood clots this last January. It's just this makes the 2nd surprise he's ruined for us. The first one was over our WDW part of our June trip. He kept saying things like, "y'all should send me and your mother on a cruise this summer instead of spending that money on a Disney World trip." When we told the boys we were going to WDW the day we check in, John said he knew b/c Pappaw kept talking about it.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #1117
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wasn't able to pull up the spreadsheet referencing the new promotion, but I know there was alot of confusion about it. What is the deal exactly?

AHEM...since you asked....

There is a room discount which varies per resort. If you reserve the room under the discount rate (up to 30%, but Beach Club is not near that high), you get park tickets at a reduced rate. So...

for the pkg price off the Disney website I get $4500 and a bit for standard view, 5 day MYW tix, and Dining plan.

Using spreadsheet numbers, and reduced ticket prices I am getting a total of about $3700 for all the same things. Savings of $800 and change. This is only $400 more than our planned stay at POR!

Now...if we were to stay at POR, and use the promo, we would be going from $3300 to about $2800. A savings of $500.

So do we put out a little more and stay at Beach Club??? Or stay where we are and save some $$$ towards November. Ummm....Beach Club is calling my name....I can hear it!!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #1118
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

There is a room discount which varies per resort. If you reserve the room under the discount rate (up to 30%, but Beach Club is not near that high), you get park tickets at a reduced rate. So...

for the pkg price off the Disney website I get $4500 and a bit for standard view, 5 day MYW tix, and Dining plan.

Using spreadsheet numbers, and reduced ticket prices I am getting a total of about $3700 for all the same things. Savings of $800 and change. This is only $400 more than our planned stay at POR!

Now...if we were to stay at POR, and use the promo, we would be going from $3300 to about $2800. A savings of $500.

So do we put out a little more and stay at Beach Club??? Or stay where we are and save some $$$ towards November. Ummm....Beach Club is calling my name....I can hear it!!
For $400 more Beach Club all the way!!!! I am so excited for you to try a new resort! I know how much you LOVE the Poly and how loyal you are, so I'd like to hear your take on another resort.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 12-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #1119
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For $400 more Beach Club all the way!!!! I am so excited for you to try a new resort! I know how much you LOVE the Poly and how loyal you are, so I'd like to hear your take on another resort.
I know...I am excited too! It is time to branch out a little baby!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #1120
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know...I am excited too! It is time to branch out a little baby!
I'd go back to the WL in a heartbeat! But, we have to finish our goal of trying every resort....

PAST TRIPS:
Old 12-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #1121
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

A little off topic...we just watched Despicable Me...I loved it! Too cute!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #1122
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A little off topic...we just watched Despicable Me...I loved it! Too cute!
LOVE that movie!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 12-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #1123
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Oh sorry I forgot!

Haystacks

In a medium saucepan, mix 2 cups sugar (I use less), 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 4 tablespoons cocoa, and 1/2 cup milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, until mixture is smooth and silky.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix 3 cups Oats, and 1 cup coconut. When oven mixture is ready, remove from heat and mix with oat mixture.

Drop from spoons onto parchment lined baking pan, in a 'haystack' style. Put in fridge and chill until well set. Makes about 15 large ones, or twice as many small. I will then transfer to freezer and bring out at X-mas!

Marshmallow Roll

Melt 1 square semi-sweet chocolate with 1 tablespoon butter or margarine.

In a bowl mix 1 cup icing sugar, 1 beaten egg, 1/2 bag colored mini marshmallow. Add melted chocolate to this mixture. Mix well.

On a parchment paper or wax paper, pour out some coconut. Roll the mixture into a log and roll log in the coconut. Roll up in the parchment and pop into the fridge again until well chilled and set. Then you can transfer to freezer if you wish. Bring out close to time you want to eat it, as it is easier to slice when cold.

Enjoy!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #1124
letthewookiewin

Quote:

So, you can only get the discounted tickets if you are booked for 4 nights, right? This would mean I would have to extend our stay by one night? Oh, the horror!! Also, you talk of a spreadsheet. Is this one you've made or one that someone has shared on the thread?

Quote:
Oh sorry I forgot!

Haystacks

In a medium saucepan, mix 2 cups sugar (I use less), 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 4 tablespoons cocoa, and 1/2 cup milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, until mixture is smooth and silky.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix 3 cups Oats, and 1 cup coconut. When oven mixture is ready, remove from heat and mix with oat mixture.

Drop from spoons onto parchment lined baking pan, in a 'haystack' style. Put in fridge and chill until well set. Makes about 15 large ones, or twice as many small. I will then transfer to freezer and bring out at X-mas!

Marshmallow Roll

Melt 1 square semi-sweet chocolate with 1 tablespoon butter or margarine.

In a bowl mix 1 cup icing sugar, 1 beaten egg, 1/2 bag colored mini marshmallow. Add melted chocolate to this mixture. Mix well.

On a parchment paper or wax paper, pour out some coconut. Roll the mixture into a log and roll log in the coconut. Roll up in the parchment and pop into the fridge again until well chilled and set. Then you can transfer to freezer if you wish. Bring out close to time you want to eat it, as it is easier to slice when cold.

Enjoy!

After reading the recipes, I have a feeling after I make them, and eat way too many (b/c they sound so good!!) I will be cursing your evil genius recipes that made me eat way too many.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #1125
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Jen: Thanks for posting those! Oh BOY, anything with coconut and I'm game.

... and I'm with Wookie, I say book it now.

What are everyone's favourite holiday cookies, by the way? Well, we already know Jen's. I'm kinda... sorta ... running out of cookies already. I don't know where they've been disappearing to.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: