Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #1096
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Where oh where have all my friends gone???
We're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I wish. That was canceled in favor of dl 2 weeks ago. We wont be there till May.
Looks like we're behind on your changes. May will be nice, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I made my work computer background a picture of the Yacht Club!

Looking GOOD!!!!
That sounds like the beginning of a firm-ish commitment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I'm sort of here, just really busy!

Miss you all
Hi I heart!

Quick brief whine...I went to the derm yesterday, thought it was for a quick mole check. Instead I was told he was going to was remove it right then. The stitches hurt today. I think it will be better tomorrow. Whine off.

On another subject, Christmas is a week away. I bet the RCers are busy getting things ready. Thinking of you all!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 12-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #1097
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I'm here, I'm here! DH's holiday party moved up til tomorrow....EEK!!! I had yesterday and today while the kids were in school to find a dress, shoes accessories, etc. I was able to sneak into a local place and am in the midst of a pedicure as I type. Tomorrow is DS9's first appt at the allergist to start the patch testing so not sure when I'll get back on. But I hope everyone is having a great week so far!!!!

Sarah - I hope you are starting to feel better and are home now and resting. I am sorry to hear you had such a hard time and experienced so much pain. sending you lots of HUGS!!!!

Candace - YAY on YC!!!! Now stay put!!!!

Jeanette - hope you aren't working to hard

Hello to Jen, Ginny, Wookie, i_heart and everyone else!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #1098
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Thought I would pop in and say hello and send everyone a

I'm thinking that someone sawed the top half of my skull off while I was asleep and replaced my brain with cotton candy. Sunday I thought I had fixed my outline before I submitted it. I found out yesterday that I didn't when I saw I got a 0. I had an A in that class and now I have an 83.

Then today, I went shopping for supplies for the adult's Christmas gifts. We are giving them hot chocolate kits (with hot chocolate mix, mini marshmallows, peppermint candy canes, and chocolate mint candy canes), chocolate dipped pretzels rods, and chocolate dipped pretzels. Joey missed the bus this morning, so I had to take him to school. Then I went to Hobby Lobby. Since they weren't open yet, I stopped at Chick-fil-A and got a chicken biscuit. After that I went to Wal Mart and bought the stuff my mom said to. When I was in high school, she was over the concession stand at the football games, so I used the recipe she used. When I got out to the MV, all proud I didn't forget anything, I called the DH. He asked me what I was going to put it in. Back I go into Wal Mart to buy something to put it in. When I got home, the boxes I bought to put the marshmallows and candy canes in, wouldn't hold as much as I wanted. I didn't want to drive all the way to Wal Mart, so I went to Dollar General. They didn't have what I needed, so back to Wal Mart. I decided to get more candy canes, but the location that had the Hersey Mint Chocolate ones wasn't there. After looking every where, I asked an employee (which I hate doing). I followed her (at a jog) around the entire store practically and the outside garden area, and they were out. I called Albertson's and they had 4 boxes left. I went and got them all. I have all the hot chocolate mixed up and put in jars, the candy canes are boxed, and so are the marshmallows. Now I just have to dip all the pretzels in milk chocolate, color white chocolate red and green, drizzle the white chocolate on the pretzels, and box those up. Then all the adult's gift will be done. For now, I think I'm gonna lean back in bed and pass out since I didn't sleep well last night.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #1099
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse
I'm sort of here, just really busy!

Miss you all
same here..lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans

I wish. That was canceled in favor of dl 2 weeks ago. We wont be there till May.
sorry...
Old 12-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #1100
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thought I would pop in and say hello and send everyone a

I'm thinking that someone sawed the top half of my skull off while I was asleep and replaced my brain with cotton candy. Sunday I thought I had fixed my outline before I submitted it. I found out yesterday that I didn't when I saw I got a 0. I had an A in that class and now I have an 83.

Then today, I went shopping for supplies for the adult's Christmas gifts. We are giving them hot chocolate kits (with hot chocolate mix, mini marshmallows, peppermint candy canes, and chocolate mint candy canes), chocolate dipped pretzels rods, and chocolate dipped pretzels. Joey missed the bus this morning, so I had to take him to school. Then I went to Hobby Lobby. Since they weren't open yet, I stopped at Chick-fil-A and got a chicken biscuit. After that I went to Wal Mart and bought the stuff my mom said to. When I was in high school, she was over the concession stand at the football games, so I used the recipe she used. When I got out to the MV, all proud I didn't forget anything, I called the DH. He asked me what I was going to put it in. Back I go into Wal Mart to buy something to put it in. When I got home, the boxes I bought to put the marshmallows and candy canes in, wouldn't hold as much as I wanted. I didn't want to drive all the way to Wal Mart, so I went to Dollar General. They didn't have what I needed, so back to Wal Mart. I decided to get more candy canes, but the location that had the Hersey Mint Chocolate ones wasn't there. After looking every where, I asked an employee (which I hate doing). I followed her (at a jog) around the entire store practically and the outside garden area, and they were out. I called Albertson's and they had 4 boxes left. I went and got them all. I have all the hot chocolate mixed up and put in jars, the candy canes are boxed, and so are the marshmallows. Now I just have to dip all the pretzels in milk chocolate, color white chocolate red and green, drizzle the white chocolate on the pretzels, and box those up. Then all the adult's gift will be done. For now, I think I'm gonna lean back in bed and pass out since I didn't sleep well last night.
Mmmmm! Hi wookie those pretzels are yummy! I had someone give me some at work as a gift and I loved them! But she also melted caramel bars and drizzled caramel with the chocolate....the sweet and salty is so addicting

Well my friends, I got the call today , my interview is Jan 4th....new year may bring new challenges and opportunities! I'm a tad scared, I really don't enjoy interviews The competition is internal, so I think I have a good chance, I don't quite yet know what to feel about it! I think I'm waiting for the final offer to make any decisions -- full time will mean more Disney money for sure, lol

I'm training my new partner this week , so I'm a tad busy. Thankful to have my part time schedule over the holidays though! After Friday, I'll work Fri Dec 28, Thursday Jan 3, and that's it until Jan 7!!! Worked well for me this year!

I had to take my new car in today as my cruise control light blinked constantly, check engine light came on, and traction control came on! Thankfully it ended up being a fixable issue -- the car misfired while merging in the cold weather (an emissions thing) which caused the disable of cruise and traction-- a computer upgrade fixed the problem hopefully! Still disconcerting when it's a new car!

Happy Tuesday my friends

Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 12-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #1101
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I asked where everyone was and then I left!

Padawans: Sorry you aren't going until May...will our dates overlap? We will be there May 15 - 20.

Candace: : I bet you are super excited about the Yacht Club!! Anymore thoughts of CL??

Marie: Glad they were able to quickly fix the problem with the car, it stinks even when it is a new vehicle. Fingers crossed for your job interview on the 4th!

Melissa: Good luck tomorrow at the allergist, hope it isn't too uncomfortable for your DS.

Wookie: Sounds like you went to a lot of trouble to make your Christmas gifts, but they sound delicious!!! I am sure they will be appreciated.

Ginny: So sorry about your stitches. I hope it heals up soon. Feel free to whine anytime.

Well, not too much going on here. Our teachers are going on a one day strike tomorrow, they are fighting with the gov't right now. So tomorrow the DD's and I will do some baking. I wasn't going to, but tonight they were all asking when we are going to make our Haystacks and Marshmallow roll. "They are our favorites!!!" they all said. Okay, that's all I needed to hear.

Still trying to figure out that whole 2013 discount posted by Danny25. I am in the camp of just waiting to see what happens. If something can help us out...great!! If not we are still going to Disney no matter what, and it will be magical no matter where we end up!

Hugs to all

Jen
Old 12-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #1102
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! Trying to get packed .... we leave for So Cal at 8 am in the morning to spend Christmas with the kids. Knitting ... done! Fudge .... done! Christmas shopping .... done! Present wrapping ..... done! Long drive tomorrow but at least the weather should be good! Will be popping in on my phone for the next week.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #1103
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm here!!! Trying to get packed .... we leave for So Cal at 8 am in the morning to spend Christmas with the kids. Knitting ... done! Fudge .... done! Christmas shopping .... done! Present wrapping ..... done! Long drive tomorrow but at least the weather should be good! Will be popping in on my phone for the next week.
Hi Linda

Have a great trip!! Safe travels and enjoy your family!

jen
Old 12-19-2012, 06:49 AM   #1104
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day!

Going into work late today since DD8's school has their holiday concert today, so DH and I will attend before going to work.

The week is almost halfway over! I was pretty convinced that this week would d-r-a-g.....but it's moving along.

Friday, we have our refi closing!!! Another $250/month less we'll be paying on our mortgage!!!

Then, I will be off from work until Jan 2nd (cue the choir)....I am soooooo ready for a break. The best thing is that out of the 11 days I'll be off (including weekends) I only have to use 3 days PTO since our work also gave us Christmas Eve and NYE as holidays this year too!!!

Looking forward to 2013. 2012 ended on such a sad note with what happened in CT. Just wanted to say that I love you all my friends and I hope that 2013 brings nothing but health, healing, happiness and LOVE for us all....

Oooooooohhhhhh!!! My ticker dipped into the 3 months range!!!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #1105
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Good morning Ladies!

I got released from the hospital late afternoon yesterday. So glad to be home with pain meds that are working.

Have't said much about my upcoming trip, since I haven't been doing very well. However, I go the go ahead from my oncologist to go! It will be a slower paced vacation than usual, but I will be in WDW.

People are beginning to scatter for Christmas. Safe travels Grumpy Grandma and anyone else hitting the road.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #1106
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Good morning Ladies!

I got released from the hospital late afternoon yesterday. So glad to be home with pain meds that are working.

Have't said much about my upcoming trip, since I haven't been doing very well. However, I go the go ahead from my oncologist to go! It will be a slower paced vacation than usual, but I will be in WDW.

People are beginning to scatter for Christmas. Safe travels Grumpy Grandma and anyone else hitting the road.
Hi JC, I am so glad you're home, and that they have got your pain meds working better. Wonderful news that you've got the OK for your vacation! The Wilderness Lodge will be such a nice place to relax, and enjoy!!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 12-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #1107
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello lovelies!

Extra hugs to Sarah & Ginny.

Melissa: Enjoy the party tonight!

Jen: Enjoy the baking! I'm going to have to go look up Haystack and Marshmallow roll ... or is that a family recipe? I just swore to myself I'd not do any more baking!

Candace: Enjoy the concert ... and the extra $250 a month!

Marie: You'll knock 'em dead at the interview, I know it.

More to all of you... safe travels to our GG.

Nothing exciting here. I'm trying not to buy any more things. No. More. Things. Hubs and I looked at the cc statement last night. Eesh. Was actually tempted to cancel Disney at that point... but the flights are already paid for and half of the ressie. Definitely not going again in 2013. Although I guess I should never say "never" since the hubs actually whistled the "Be Our Guest" tune this morning at breakfast. I swear he's more excited about this little jaunt than I am.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #1108
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Sarah so happy to hear the good news from the doctor.

Janet ..... January?????

And we are off!!! Time to close down the computer!!!! Hugs to all!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #1109
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
These:, lots and lots of these... just not the dancing kind. Oh, and some salty snacks...

Nurse Perdue, do they give banana/Frito IVs? We need our Pioneer Girl Sarah FULL of potassium.

We all have you in our thoughts and can't wait for you to get back home and start thinking about packing for your trip. And make sure you know where you can get frozen chocolate covered bananas at WDW
Hmmm, Kook, gives new meaning to a "Banana bag" We have a multivitamin additive which turns the IV fluid yellow....but no flavor...If I can invent an IV which gives thw patient the lovely taste of actual food. I could make Gajillions!!!! Where's Deb and padawans to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Good morning Ladies!

Sarah, you poor thing!!! I am SO glad you got the OK for WL CL...healing at its best

Mama Linda Have a safe trip!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #1110
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Miss: UGH! I just did a big post with the recipes for you....them my iPad battery dies. The kiddos are going bonkers now, but I will come back on and put them up for you later!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: