Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #1081
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser
Good evening Ladies. It has been a crazy week, Pain has been an issue since my surgery a week ago Friday. This past week I spent Thursday in the ER, and was sent home in the later afternoon with different pain meds. I was back in the ER Friday morning and was admitted to the hospital. We are working on establishing a good pain management protocol, however in the meantime my potassium levels dropped. The doctors are hoping all is about sorted out and I will be going home either tomorrow or the next day. Good news is the surgery was successful and the trip has not been canceled. Fingers crossed I will be on my way in 15 days!

I have been reading along. Again I seems like some people are doing well, other suffering from bumps in the road. I hope everyone had a great weekend and is getting ready for Christmas. I think the horrible events of this past week gives us all pause and let us realize how blessed we all are.

Hopefully I will stay on the path to recovery and won't be a stranger to the thread.

Hugs to everyone
I'm glad the surgery went well. Hopefully the doctor has the pain under control now.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #1082
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse
I can't be the only one who didn't want to let my babies go off to school today. I know it's not rational, but...

We got a message over the weekend that in addition to the buzzer system that we already have, that they are adding police officers at the entrances. It's all just so sad the the world we live in has come to this
I didn't want to send mine to school either. I couldn't spend enough time with them this weekend. When we told the youngest DS about it, I told him he would just have to deal with the fact that for while I would need extra Monkey hugs. He usually isn't the huggie type, probably due to his mild ASD. With what went on last week, he said he understood and has tolerated more hugs. Luckily the oldest DS loves giving great big long bear hugs and he been giving me tons of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse
Happy Monday Everyone
Happy Monday!!
I thought I was just going to run a few errands today. Then the guy that the DH was supposed to have with him, didn't work today. I took that as a sign to spend more time with the DH.

As far as the WDW trip, the DH wants to keep it for June, but he wants me to start making tentative January 2014 plans. If we go in January we'll be there from 1/7-11/14, which will give us an extra day at WDW. I'm thinking Epcot for JM's bday and the MK for mine. Hmmm I wonder what the age limit is for V&A's and if I could convince the DH to eat there. I would love to eat at the chef's table for my bday.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #1083
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Jungle Cruiser,
Good to hear from you. You've been in my thoughts. I am sorry you have been having trouble with pain. I hope they are taking extra good care of our RC Pioneer Girl, and have you feeling much better soon!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 12-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #1084
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Happy Monday Everyone

Sarah - I'm saddened to hear that you are experiencing so much pain. I hope the Dr. can get it under control very soon. Great news about the surgery being a success though. It's nice to see you posting!

I can't be the only one who didn't want to let my babies go off to school today. I know it's not rational, but...

We got a message over the weekend that in addition to the buzzer system that we already have, that they are adding police officers at the entrances. It's all just so sad the the world we live in has come to this
You weren't the only one.

But, kids are definitely more resilient than adults I think. My kids know what happened and they had no issues going to school today...Of course, I am obsessively checking our local news on-line and looking for texts, which is ridiculous, but it's how I'm dealing.

We too now have police officers at the schools in addition to the existing security systems already in place.

ETA: I've been trying to get through to CRO a few times this morning...I see a YC GV on line that isn't typically available, and may not be available with my discount, but I have to keep trying!!! Hold times have been ridiculous!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL

Last edited by Mousemommy1; 12-17-2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: added information
Old 12-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #1085
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning, ladies.

Sarah: Thanks for giving us an update. I am so sorry you're having to deal with all of this. You are such a tough, strong lady -- keeping all appendages crossed for your trip. But, I just know you'll be there with bells on.

-----

Before having a child, I never was the weepy type. The faucet's been turned on since Friday ... and I have a hard time turning it off. Even got weepy as we dropped off Miss M at the front entrance to her school. Watched her go in and there go the waterworks. My heart is so heavy with sadness for that community. Even though I can't even begin to fathom the pain those families are living with right now, it makes one reflect on their own lives and their children.

Anyway, I know you all understand -- and I love that we can share in this group.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #1086
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Good evening Ladies. It has been a crazy week, Pain has been an issue since my surgery a week ago Friday. This past week I spent Thursday in the ER, and was sent home in the later afternoon with different pain meds. I was back in the ER Friday morning and was admitted to the hospital. We are working on establishing a good pain management protocol, however in the meantime my potassium levels dropped. The doctors are hoping all is about sorted out and I will be going home either tomorrow or the next day. Good news is the surgery was successful and the trip has not been canceled. Fingers crossed I will be on my way in 15 days!

I have been reading along. Again I seems like some people are doing well, other suffering from bumps in the road. I hope everyone had a great weekend and is getting ready for Christmas. I think the horrible events of this past week gives us all pause and let us realize how blessed we all are.

Hopefully I will stay on the path to recovery and won't be a stranger to the thread.

Hugs to everyone
These:, lots and lots of these... just not the dancing kind. Oh, and some salty snacks...

Nurse Perdue, do they give banana/Frito IVs? We need our Pioneer Girl Sarah FULL of potassium.

We all have you in our thoughts and can't wait for you to get back home and start thinking about packing for your trip. And make sure you know where you can get frozen chocolate covered bananas at WDW
Old 12-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #1087
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

It's a Christmas Miracle!!!

A Yacht Club GV room popped up for my dates under the military discount!!!! I snagged it (for now)...still pondering CL, but yay!!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #1088
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
A Yacht Club GV room popped up for my dates under the military discount!!!! I snagged it (for now)...still pondering CL, but yay!!!!!

Phooey. I just realized my ticker is off by one day. How the heck did I not notice until now???? Oh well, to close to change it now.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 12-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #1089
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

Phooey. I just realized my ticker is off by one day. How the heck did I not notice until now???? Oh well, to close to change it now.
Just wanted to say you were not the only one to feel that way this morning. I was in tears at the kiddie pen watching my youngest go into school. Happy, waving bye. Just like all those other precious little ones did that day. And if only the poor parents knew. So yes I am still crying over this too.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #1090
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Where oh where have all my friends gone???
Old 12-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #1091
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
I'm here..just catching up from my phone...padawans is in Wdw now..right???

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 12-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #1092
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I'm here!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 12-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #1093
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

I'm sort of here, just really busy!

Miss you all
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 12-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #1094
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I made my work computer background a picture of the Yacht Club!

Looking GOOD!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #1095
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I'm here..just catching up from my phone...padawans is in Wdw now..right???
I wish. That was canceled in favor of dl 2 weeks ago. We wont be there till May.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: