Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #1036
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Okay, here to tell all of you HELLO! and pass out some of these:

Since we're talking retail therapy:
Bath & Body Works have their 3-Wick Candles on sale for $8 (normally $20), in stores only. My hubs told me, when I mentioned the sale this morning, "Yeah, that's exactly what we need: more candles!" I chose to ignore the obvious sarcasm and take him at his word. I came out with three and two holders. Don't want to disappoint him or anything.

I'm putting in my vote for Christine's message saying: "Thinkin of you all."

I_Heart: Whoa! How scary. So glad it all worked out... yuck about the tires though. So expensive. I'm dreading the day we need ones for my SUV. Candace knows all about that!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #1037
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Also adding a question... because I'm clueless on such things and you guys are the All-Knowing™!:

Our class parent is organizing a joint teacher gift (we gave her money and she's purchasing a gift certificate on behalf of the children). Should I get her something beyond this? Do kids normally give out things to their classmates?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #1038
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hi RCers,
Stopping to to say hi to all the friends!
Here's another shopping tip-Kipling has lots of things on sale at their website.You can also use a retailmenot code...RMNOT25 gives you 25.00 off 150.00 plus free shipping.

I am finally a bit caught up. I made a big pot of chili yesterday, and got meatballs done today. I divided, then packaged them up and popped them in the freezer. Having some things done ahead is a big help to me.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

TY Kook!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #1039
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Also adding a question... because I'm clueless on such things and you guys are the All-Knowing™!:

Our class parent is organizing a joint teacher gift (we gave her money and she's purchasing a gift certificate on behalf of the children). Should I get her something beyond this? Do kids normally give out things to their classmates?
We definitely don't buy something for all of the kids!!! That would be crazy!!! But we always get a gift card for the teacher.

Speaking of school...I am so incredibly saddened by the news out of CT from that elementary school shooting. It really makes my heart sad that this is the type of world we live in.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 12-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #1040
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
We definitely don't buy something for all of the kids!!! That would be crazy!!! But we always get a gift card for the teacher.

Speaking of school...I am so incredibly saddened by the news out of CT from that elementary school shooting. It really makes my heart sad that this is the type of world we live in.
MM--I just turned on the TV, this is just shocking. So sad.

TY Kook!
Old 12-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #1041
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks, Candace. Didn't think so just wasn't sure... Miss M brought home a little gift one of the girls in her class gave her yesterday so it threw me for a loop.

It's so very sad and horrific, this story. Makes me want to go and grab Miss M from school and bring her home and hug her for the rest of the day. Can't even begin to imagine what those parents are going through. Tragic.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #1042
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay, here to tell all of you HELLO! and pass out some of these:

Since we're talking retail therapy:
Bath & Body Works have their 3-Wick Candles on sale for $8 (normally $20), in stores only. My hubs told me, when I mentioned the sale this morning, "Yeah, that's exactly what we need: more candles!" I chose to ignore the obvious sarcasm and take him at his word. I came out with three and two holders. Don't want to disappoint him or anything.

I'm putting in my vote for Christine's message saying: "Thinkin of you all."

I_Heart: Whoa! How scary. So glad it all worked out... yuck about the tires though. So expensive. I'm dreading the day we need ones for my SUV. Candace knows all about that!
You always need more candles!

Quote:

No on the classmates. I do get a gift in addition to the group gift, but I don't think it's necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi RCers,
Stopping to to say hi to all the friends!
Here's another shopping tip-Kipling has lots of things on sale at their website.You can also use a retailmenot code...RMNOT25 gives you 25.00 off 150.00 plus free shipping.

I am finally a bit caught up. I made a big pot of chili yesterday, and got meatballs done today. I divided, then packaged them up and popped them in the freezer. Having some things done ahead is a big help to me.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend.
Will have to check that out. Never heard of that store.

Good plan to stock the freezer. My stash is embarrassingly low at the moment.

Quote:

So sad. My kids are all home sick today and I just had a huge talk with them about this. It's terrifying.

Quote:
Thanks, Candace. Didn't think so just wasn't sure... Miss M brought home a little gift one of the girls in her class gave her yesterday so it threw me for a loop.

It's so very sad and horrific, this story. Makes me want to go and grab Miss M from school and bring her home and hug her for the rest of the day. Can't even begin to imagine what those parents are going through. Tragic.
I don't blame you for wanting to get Miss M. I would have felt the same way if mine weren't already here.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 12-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #1043
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Is this our new RC game ..... try to figure out what Christine is saying? But I really do miss you .... can't wait until you are connected again!
, ajve ipajd now ow o use
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Oooh! Great idea. I may have to check that out!

I was thinking it was an inside code that I didn't understand
, explajin pleajse
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Free Shipping over $25 I just joined for free express shipping
,waj were

[ /QUOTE]

,orriblwe news so so sajd

Old 12-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #1044
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Totally understand.
Those parents, they are living through an unimaginable terrible tragedy. It is just shocking.

TY Kook!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #1045
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
, ajve ipajd now ow o use

, explajin pleajse

,waj were

[ /QUOTE]

,orriblwe news so so sajd
I was being serious. I thought you were putting the extra symbols and letters in your posts on purpose and I couldn't make sense of what they were saying. Once Grumpy Grandma posted about it I realized you probably weren't doing it on purpose so I was making fun of my mistake.

Now I'm guessing it's maybe an Ipad issue? Don't mind me. Sorry!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 12-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #1046
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was being serious. I thought you were putting the extra symbols and letters in your posts on purpose and I couldn't make sense of what they were saying. Once Grumpy Grandma posted about it I realized you probably weren't doing it on purpose so I was making fun of my mistake.

Now I'm guessing it's maybe an Ipad issue? Don't mind me. Sorry!
No. Water got spilled on the keyboard so typing is impossible. She has ordered a new Ipad but I don't think she has it yet. Whatever is wrong with the computer she can still get on the Dis but ..... well you see what happens when she responds!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #1047
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Oh I can't believe it...I just saw the news and I am crying right now. I can't believe it, those poor little children and parents.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #1048
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
No. Water got spilled on the keyboard so typing is impossible. She has ordered a new Ipad but I don't think she has it yet. Whatever is wrong with the computer she can still get on the Dis but ..... well you see what happens when she responds!!!
That makes sense, I was wondering.
It's somewhat figure-out-able...maybe she's started a new language-Minnie Latin.
It's always good to hear from her.

TY Kook!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #1049
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Oh I can't believe it...I just saw the news and I am crying right now. I can't believe it, those poor little children and parents.
This loss is more than the mind can comprehend. Prayers are with the families, first responders, so much trauma.

TY Kook!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #1050
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wookie: Is there such a thing as a 'normal' child? Your son sounds very special and unique. And I like his comment about the terrorists!! Very provocative!
Quote:
I hope he soon understands that there is NO normal. And that is good
I keep telling him that there is no thing as "normal". Finding a "normal child" would be like finding a leprechaun riding a unicorn. I should tell y'all about his Santa comments that still have me laughing my rear off every time I think about them. Maybe I'll post them on the FB page b/c they might get me some points here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
My test went OK, I hope..I won't find out for 2 weeks...then DH went on a rant last night how I never spend time with him and I always sleep....blah blah blah..(sorry it really is getting old, it's not like I sit around and do nothing)
[/SIZE]
Hopefully the 2 weeks will fly by. I hate waiting for test results!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
Ok so just off phone changed reservation to split stay and it's not POR/AKL

Going with 3nights POR then 5 nights BC
And I swear I'm not gonna change again!!
That's what I keep telling myself

Quote:

What I did the years that we did a joint teacher gift, I would give the teacher the gift I was planning on getting them at the end of the year. I would usually get them a gift certificate. This way they could use it to buy things to set up their classroom next year.

Quote:

I read about that on FB this afternoon, and it just breaks my heart. I can not even begin to imagine the pain they are going through.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: