Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #1021
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I hope so

It was. They are just adding some more technology type help. Just a lot of laughing when talking about his unique personality.
Unique is good... no scratch that... it's GREAT! I'm glad it went well

Quote:
Is there an elderly neighbor he could talk to?
Good suggestion. My next door neighbors would be great candidates.They dote on the kids like they were their own! Thanks

Quote:
You are not complaining. You are just giving us the chance to send you support, prayers and pixie dust.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #1022
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Unique is good... no scratch that... it's GREAT! I'm glad it went well
Yes it is!! He has mild Autism Spectrum Disorder. When he's sad b/c he's not a "perfectly normal kid" I tell him I wouldn't want one of those. He if were I would be afraid he was a Stepford-pod-person type child and I would have to put him down before he turned me into one while I was sleeping.

Quote:
Good suggestion. My next door neighbors would be great candidates.They dote on the kids like they were their own! Thanks

Glad I could help. Sometimes grandparents aren't always blood related. Hope the project goes well!!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #1023
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone....just home from work and quickly catching up.

IHeart: You are free to whine here anytime, we understand!! We are here for eachother.

Marie: I am glad you applied for the position. Way to go! Hope you hear back from them soon.

Deena: Hi! How's life??

Wookie: Is there such a thing as a 'normal' child? Your son sounds very special and unique. And I like his comment about the terrorists!! Very provocative!

JanetB: Congrats on the iPad! We love ours!

DH and I are off to finish our X-mas shopping tomorrow while all the DD's are at school. He is so cute, he got a restaurant GC from someone at work and he was so excited to tell me we can use it tomorrow for a nice lunch. Then last night he crawled over to me on the floor and said he was 'excited about Friday' just to spend time together. Awwwww....

Hmmm...who have I missed? Saying goodnight to you all...
Old 12-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #1024
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Had a scary thing happen today. I was bringing DS8 back to school from a dental cleaning appt when I blew a tire going 65 on the Highway.

I limped over to the shoulder and was sandwiched up on the wall so the tire couldn't even be changed there. I called DH, the emergency roadside assistance and the Police to help block me from traffic. Thank goodness for cellphones!

It was pretty scary getting DS and DD over to DH's car to get out of there, but we made it fine. DH got the van towed to the dealership and is getting me new tires.

Thinking about maybe downgrading from the Poly again.
That sounds terrifying!!! You limped?? Are you OK?? Are you thinking POR again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Quick Update: Well, I pulled the trigger and sent in the applications for the new job -- I applied for Online Data Operator in Inmate accounts, and for Personnel Assistant. I just have to wait for a call for an interview now -- and go through the whole process. I am nervous wondering if I made the right choice, but if I didn't try, I'd always be wondering if I should have done it! It will mean full time work / but also a raise in level/classification (I am currently and admin level 2/ i'd be going to an Admin level 3) -- so about double my salary. The centre also facilitates up to 2,000 inmates and over 800 staff -- much bigger than my current institution which has about 90 staff and 100 young people inmates! One good thing is I won't be bored or idle in that job!!
that could be a good thing or a stressful thing -- I'll have to see!
so now the waiting game begins

Marie
I'm glad you took the opportunity to apply!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Thanks, I'm so happy with them, that I keep going to the WDW website just to look at them.
I'm sure you'll do amazing on your test.

I wish the website would work for my reservations

My test went OK, I hope..I won't find out for 2 weeks...then DH went on a rant last night how I never spend time with him and I always sleep....blah blah blah..(sorry it really is getting old, it's not like I sit around and do nothing)

BUT he will be off until Jan 2nd after Monday, so I have some time to make up for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
[B][CENTER][SIZE="5"]
But you have had fewer 29 celebrations than ME! Pas, hope you rocked that State Re-certification test!
I am only what 2 years younger....

Quote:
PS. Sorry I'm venting/complaining so much lately. I feel like a whiner, but I know you guys understand.
No apologies!!!

Deena

Happy Friday to all!! I am the loser who hates the weekend since it means I have to work
Old 12-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #1025
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Popping in real quick before I jump in the shower and head to Target to pick up some teacher gifts.

I am hoping to have time to catch up with everyone today, life keeps getting in the way of my Dis time

Happy Friday Everyone!!!!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #1026
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Ok so just off phone changed reservation to split stay and it's not POR/AKL

Going with 3nights POR then 5 nights BC
And I swear I'm not gonna change again!!
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 12-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #1027
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #1028
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Popping in real quick before I jump in the shower and head to Target to pick up some teacher gifts.

I am hoping to have time to catch up with everyone today, life keeps getting in the way of my Dis time

Melissa
Oh no!!! Teacher gifts...I forgot

Quote:

Famous last words....nice split though
Old 12-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #1029
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

,in\kin of oqu ajll

Old 12-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #1030
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes it is!! He has mild Autism Spectrum Disorder. When he's sad b/c he's not a "perfectly normal kid" I tell him I wouldn't want one of those. He if were I would be afraid he was a Stepford-pod-person type child and I would have to put him down before he turned me into one while I was sleeping.

Glad I could help. Sometimes grandparents aren't always blood related. Hope the project goes well!!
I hope he soon understands that there is NO normal. And that is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi everyone....just home from work and quickly catching up.

IHeart: You are free to whine here anytime, we understand!! We are here for eachother.:

Marie: I am glad you applied for the position. Way to go! Hope you hear back from them soon.

Deena: Hi! How's life??

Wookie: Is there such a thing as a 'normal' child? Your son sounds very special and unique. And I like his comment about the terrorists!! Very provocative!

JanetB: Congrats on the iPad! We love ours!

DH and I are off to finish our X-mas shopping tomorrow while all the DD's are at school. He is so cute, he got a restaurant GC from someone at work and he was so excited to tell me we can use it tomorrow for a nice lunch. Then last night he crawled over to me on the floor and said he was 'excited about Friday' just to spend time together. Awwwww....

Hmmm...who have I missed? Saying goodnight to you all...
Have fun shopping. What a sweetie he is

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
That sounds terrifying!!! You limped?? Are you OK?? Are you thinking POR again?

My test went OK, I hope..I won't find out for 2 weeks...then DH went on a rant last night how I never spend time with him and I always sleep....blah blah blah..(sorry it really is getting old, it's not like I sit around and do nothing)

BUT he will be off until Jan 2nd after Monday, so I have some time to make up for it!

I am only what 2 years younger....

No apologies!!!

Happy Friday to all!! I am the loser who hates the weekend since it means I have to work

Oh, sorry. I meant the van limped but I couldn't think of how to word it right.

Sorry things were rough with DH. Men can be needier than infants sometimes

Sorry you have to work the weekend too! You are one hard workin nurse/mama/wife/RC hostess with the most-est! I get tired just reading your posts. I hope you can sneak something fun and restful in

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Melissa
Teacher gifts. Gift cards will have to do again. I never know what to pick.

Quote:

But great split though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

,in\kin of oqu ajll
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 12-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #1031
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

,in\kin of oqu ajll

Quote:

Oh, sorry. I meant the van limped but I couldn't think of how to word it right.

Sorry things were rough with DH. Men can be needier than infants sometimes

Sorry you have to work the weekend too! You are one hard workin nurse/mama/wife/RC hostess with the most-est! I get tired just reading your posts. I hope you can sneak something fun and restful in

Teacher gifts. Gift cards will have to do again. I never know what to pick.

Ah the van!! Got it! Thank goodness!!!

Thanks for the kind words..he forgets when he is chillaxin I am working...and I know the kiddos can be a handful for him...but I do it EVERY DAY!!! Wouldn't change a thing

Barnes and Noble has these cute vera Bradley ID pouches for 12.95...I need 6
Old 12-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #1032
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

,in\kin of oqu ajll
Is this our new RC game ..... try to figure out what Christine is saying? But I really do miss you .... can't wait until you are connected again!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #1033
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ah the van!! Got it! Thank goodness!!!

Thanks for the kind words..he forgets when he is chillaxin I am working...and I know the kiddos can be a handful for him...but I do it EVERY DAY!!! Wouldn't change a thing

Barnes and Noble has these cute vera Bradley ID pouches for 12.95...I need 6
Oooh! Great idea. I may have to check that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Is this our new RC game ..... try to figure out what Christine is saying? But I really do miss you .... can't wait until you are connected again!
I was thinking it was an inside code that I didn't understand

Old 12-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #1034
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post

Quote:
Oooh! Great idea. I may have to check that out!
Free Shipping over $25 I just joined for free express shipping
Old 12-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #1035
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Free Shipping over $25 I just joined for free express shipping

Off to check that out now. I love me some online shopping. I just remembered that DH has to gift his staff as well. I always forget to budget for that expense. He has 6 new reports this year for a total of 14. I think GC's are the way to go for them though. Unless you have any other good ideas. They are all male Industrial Engineers so no Very Bradley for them

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: