Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #1006
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,318

Happy Birthday Janet!!!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #1007
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B
Thank you all for your birthday wishes!

And yes, Miss & Kook I am *29* again ....we just won't mention how many times....
What a coincidence I'm 29 again on my next birthday...LOL
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #1008
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,318

Just wanted to let everyone know that Christine's computer died but once she gets her new IPAD she'll be back with us!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #1009
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that Christine's computer died but once she gets her new IPAD she'll be back with us!
Bummer. But, yay for a new iPad!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #1010
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Hey girls. Just popping in quick before I get the boys off of the bus.

Had a scary thing happen today. I was bringing DS8 back to school from a dental cleaning appt when I blew a tire going 65 on the Highway.

I limped over to the shoulder and was sandwiched up on the wall so the tire couldn't even be changed there. I called DH, the emergency roadside assistance and the Police to help block me from traffic. Thank goodness for cellphones!

It was pretty scary getting DS and DD over to DH's car to get out of there, but we made it fine. DH got the van towed to the dealership and is getting me new tires.

Thinking about maybe downgrading from the Poly again.

Happy Birthday Janet!

And seriously. No way you are 29. When I saw you I swore you couldn't be a day over 25!

Talk to you all later.
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #1011
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Iheartthemouse: that is so scary, so glad you were able to get to the side of the road. what did we ever do without cellphones? Glad you are all safe.

Where are you thinking of downgrading to??
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #1012
chimo2u
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,677

To my RCer family! I've missed you all a lot! Thank goodness work will slow down a little after next week -- I train my new partner on Monday, and she will be on her own starting Dec 27. we will be alternating every M/W / Fri and Tue/Thur again.

I heart the mouse : WOW! how scary! glad you and DS where ok....that's definitely something I'd never want to experience! glad you got it sorted out and are all safe and sound!

Candace: My congrats on your raise!! that's wonderful news! now maybe you can treat yourself and your family with that CL upgrade -- I just know you love it!

Janet: Happy Birthday!! I hope you are blessed with many, many more happy, wonderful ones -- Enjoy your special day!

Quick Update: Well, I pulled the trigger and sent in the applications for the new job -- I applied for Online Data Operator in Inmate accounts, and for Personnel Assistant. I just have to wait for a call for an interview now -- and go through the whole process. I am nervous wondering if I made the right choice, but if I didn't try, I'd always be wondering if I should have done it! It will mean full time work / but also a raise in level/classification (I am currently and admin level 2/ i'd be going to an Admin level 3) -- so about double my salary. The centre also facilitates up to 2,000 inmates and over 800 staff -- much bigger than my current institution which has about 90 staff and 100 young people inmates! One good thing is I won't be bored or idle in that job!!
that could be a good thing or a stressful thing -- I'll have to see!
so now the waiting game begins

Marie
__________________
Thanks Kook


Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #1013
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hey girls. Just popping in quick before I get the boys off of the bus.

Had a scary thing happen today. I was bringing DS8 back to school from a dental cleaning appt when I blew a tire going 65 on the Highway.

I limped over to the shoulder and was sandwiched up on the wall so the tire couldn't even be changed there. I called DH, the emergency roadside assistance and the Police to help block me from traffic. Thank goodness for cellphones!

It was pretty scary getting DS and DD over to DH's car to get out of there, but we made it fine. DH got the van towed to the dealership and is getting me new tires.

Thinking about maybe downgrading from the Poly again.

Happy Birthday Janet!

And seriously. No way you are 29. When I saw you I swore you couldn't be a day over 25!

Talk to you all later.
Wow! That must have been crazy scary!!!
I feel your pain with the tires...as you know, DH and I shelled out considerable dough to pay for the new tires on each of our cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
To my RCer family! I've missed you all a lot! Thank goodness work will slow down a little after next week -- I train my new partner on Monday, and she will be on her own starting Dec 27. we will be alternating every M/W / Fri and Tue/Thur again.

I heart the mouse : WOW! how scary! glad you and DS where ok....that's definitely something I'd never want to experience! glad you got it sorted out and are all safe and sound!

Candace: My congrats on your raise!! that's wonderful news! now maybe you can treat yourself and your family with that CL upgrade -- I just know you love it!

Janet: Happy Birthday!! I hope you are blessed with many, many more happy, wonderful ones -- Enjoy your special day!

Quick Update: Well, I pulled the trigger and sent in the applications for the new job -- I applied for Online Data Operator in Inmate accounts, and for Personnel Assistant. I just have to wait for a call for an interview now -- and go through the whole process. I am nervous wondering if I made the right choice, but if I didn't try, I'd always be wondering if I should have done it! It will mean full time work / but also a raise in level/classification (I am currently and admin level 2/ i'd be going to an Admin level 3) -- so about double my salary. The centre also facilitates up to 2,000 inmates and over 800 staff -- much bigger than my current institution which has about 90 staff and 100 young people inmates! One good thing is I won't be bored or idle in that job!!
that could be a good thing or a stressful thing -- I'll have to see!
so now the waiting game begins

Marie
Good luck!!!!! Double the salary is not a bad thing at all!!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #1014
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
wookie Good job with the ADRs! Vaniller rocks! I had a shake last night and my belly was ANGRY !!! But I have a big state test later to recertify for Paramedic and it's my nerves I bet
Thanks, I'm so happy with them, that I keep going to the WDW website just to look at them.
I'm sure you'll do amazing on your test.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
What a coincidence I'm 29 again on my next birthday...LOL
WOW....me too!! It's funny, my DH, that was born 2 months and 2 days after me is turning 37 on his next birthday, but I am only turning 29.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hey girls. Just popping in quick before I get the boys off of the bus.

Had a scary thing happen today. I was bringing DS8 back to school from a dental cleaning appt when I blew a tire going 65 on the Highway.

I limped over to the shoulder and was sandwiched up on the wall so the tire couldn't even be changed there. I called DH, the emergency roadside assistance and the Police to help block me from traffic. Thank goodness for cellphones!

It was pretty scary getting DS and DD over to DH's car to get out of there, but we made it fine. DH got the van towed to the dealership and is getting me new tires.

Thinking about maybe downgrading from the Poly again.

Happy Birthday Janet!

And seriously. No way you are 29. When I saw you I swore you couldn't be a day over 25!

Talk to you all later.
That is very scary. I'm glad you and the kids are ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Quick Update: Well, I pulled the trigger and sent in the applications for the new job -- I applied for Online Data Operator in Inmate accounts, and for Personnel Assistant. I just have to wait for a call for an interview now -- and go through the whole process. I am nervous wondering if I made the right choice, but if I didn't try, I'd always be wondering if I should have done it! It will mean full time work / but also a raise in level/classification (I am currently and admin level 2/ i'd be going to an Admin level 3) -- so about double my salary. The centre also facilitates up to 2,000 inmates and over 800 staff -- much bigger than my current institution which has about 90 staff and 100 young people inmates! One good thing is I won't be bored or idle in that job!!
that could be a good thing or a stressful thing -- I'll have to see!
so now the waiting game begins

Marie
I hope it turns out the way you want it to. I always tell my DSs that when they are older and looking back on their life, it won't be the things they tried and failed they will regret, it will be the things they were too scared to try.


I had an ARD meeting today for our youngest DS. In part of their testing, they ask him what his career goals were. He informed them that his goal was to kill all terrorists. I swear, that kid keeps life interesting around here.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET!! May your day be magical and stress free.

__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #1015
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran
 
LuvLuvLuv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Davenport, FL
Posts: 4,021

Happy Birthday Janet!!!

__________________
Deena
LuvLuvLuv is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #1016
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,992

Thanks again to everyone for my birthday wishes! RCers are the best!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
What a coincidence I'm 29 again on my next birthday...LOL
But you have had fewer 29 celebrations than ME! Pas, hope you rocked that State Re-certification test!


Iheart, that was so scary! Thank goodness you didn't lose control of the car and were able to steer over to the side of the road safely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
And seriously. No way you are 29. When I saw you I swore you couldn't be a day over 25!
why thank you!! Maybe my skin care regimen is finally paying off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET!! May your day be magical and stress free.
Is there such a thing? Than it would be perfect too!

Marie, congrats on applying for the position, like the expression, "nothing ventured, nothing gained". Even though that position is FT, you may find that with a position that is more interesting / substantive you will enjoy it even more than you current PT position.... It's always good to push ourselves to explore something new...and this might be the one for you.... hope you are granted an interview and ace it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that Christine's computer died but once she gets her new IPAD she'll be back with us!
for a new IPad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
WOW....me too!! It's funny, my DH, that was born 2 months and 2 days after me is turning 37 on his next birthday, but I am only turning 29.
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 12-13-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Janet B is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #1017
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!
 
Minnie&Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA/NC
Posts: 15,702

Happy Birthday Janet!!
ajn\ks o cop ajnd poajse17
__________________
Christine

Minnie&Nana is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #1018
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Iheartthemouse: that is so scary, so glad you were able to get to the side of the road. what did we ever do without cellphones? Glad you are all safe.

Where are you thinking of downgrading to??
Thanks Not sure what to do. Everything is getting booked up so I just may be sucking it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
To my RCer family! I've missed you all a lot! Thank goodness work will slow down a little after next week -- I train my new partner on Monday, and she will be on her own starting Dec 27. we will be alternating every M/W / Fri and Tue/Thur again.

I heart the mouse : WOW! how scary! glad you and DS where ok....that's definitely something I'd never want to experience! glad you got it sorted out and are all safe and sound!

Candace: My congrats on your raise!! that's wonderful news! now maybe you can treat yourself and your family with that CL upgrade -- I just know you love it!

Janet: Happy Birthday!! I hope you are blessed with many, many more happy, wonderful ones -- Enjoy your special day!

Quick Update: Well, I pulled the trigger and sent in the applications for the new job -- I applied for Online Data Operator in Inmate accounts, and for Personnel Assistant. I just have to wait for a call for an interview now -- and go through the whole process. I am nervous wondering if I made the right choice, but if I didn't try, I'd always be wondering if I should have done it! It will mean full time work / but also a raise in level/classification (I am currently and admin level 2/ i'd be going to an Admin level 3) -- so about double my salary. The centre also facilitates up to 2,000 inmates and over 800 staff -- much bigger than my current institution which has about 90 staff and 100 young people inmates! One good thing is I won't be bored or idle in that job!!
that could be a good thing or a stressful thing -- I'll have to see!
so now the waiting game begins

Marie
Sounds like I great opportunity. I hope things work out well for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Wow! That must have been crazy scary!!!
I feel your pain with the tires...as you know, DH and I shelled out considerable dough to pay for the new tires on each of our cars.



Good luck!!!!! Double the salary is not a bad thing at all!!!
Thanks . The tires weren't as bad as I thought they would be. Under $500 for tires, alignment, a tie rod and some other stuff that I have no idea what it means. Still makes me want to cut back to replace some of that emergency fund. I get twitchy when it's not full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Thanks, I'm so happy with them, that I keep going to the WDW website just to look at them.
I'm sure you'll do amazing on your test.




WOW....me too!! It's funny, my DH, that was born 2 months and 2 days after me is turning 37 on his next birthday, but I am only turning 29.



That is very scary. I'm glad you and the kids are ok.



I hope it turns out the way you want it to. I always tell my DSs that when they are older and looking back on their life, it won't be the things they tried and failed they will regret, it will be the things they were too scared to try.


I had an ARD meeting today for our youngest DS. In part of their testing, they ask him what his career goals were. He informed them that his goal was to kill all terrorists. I swear, that kid keeps life interesting around here.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET!! May your day be magical and stress free.

Thanks Too funny about your DS. I hope the meeting was successful

Hi to everyone else

This is a day from H E double hockey sticks. DS6 brought home a project from school to interview your GP's to learn 1st hand about life in the "old days". As you know, my parents are deceased and my ILs could give two poops about helping. This should be interesting.

Is it Friday yet?????
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #1019
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

PS. Sorry I'm venting/complaining so much lately. I feel like a whiner, but I know you guys understand.
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #1020
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Is there such a thing? Than it would be perfect too!
I hope so

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Thanks Too funny about your DS. I hope the meeting was successful
It was. They are just adding some more technology type help. Just a lot of laughing when talking about his unique personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
This is a day from H E double hockey sticks. DS6 brought home a project from school to interview your GP's to learn 1st hand about life in the "old days". As you know, my parents are deceased and my ILs could give two poops about helping. This should be interesting.
Is there an elderly neighbor he could talk to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Is it Friday yet?????
Yes please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
PS. Sorry I'm venting/complaining so much lately. I feel like a whiner, but I know you guys understand.

You are not complaining. You are just giving us the chance to send you support, prayers and pixie dust.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.