Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #991
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger
I don't know how many times I've tried to catch up but something always comes up so I'm going to try once again.

Wookie - Glad you got all your ADRs! hopefully the timing and money will all work out and maybe you'll even when the lotto and be able take all three trips We can dream can't we?
Thank you. Even if the money does line up, the other dates are so tempting. Dreaming of and planning Disney trips is part of the fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger
Kiddos about out of school, so I better finish up and post what I have so it's something. I hope everyone else is having a great day and I promised me back to catch up soon!

Miss you!
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I hope your having a great day as well. The other tech that was supposed to be with the DH today didn't come into work today. He said he had to take his son to the ER. I decided to go with the DH to work. After lunch at Arby's with had this convo....
DH - You want a Braum's shake or Starbucks Moca?
Me - Yep
DH - Well that clears thing up
Me - oooo let's get a shake in honor of Jungle
DH - (in a voice that makes me think he thinks I'm crazy) ummm....ok. What flavor?
Me - Vanilla
DH - with all their flavors, you want vanilla?
Me - yes. With mint chocolate chip, the chocolate chunks get caught in the straw like the chunks of strawberry do and chocolate is too sweet.
So we pull up to place our order and he asks if they can make an eggnog shake. When we find out they can, he gets a 32 oz and I get a 16 oz. I'm pretty sure it was a self replication never ending shake. I still haven't finished it and I feel like I have eggnog shake oozing out of my pores I'm so full.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #992
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hello Peeps, MIA is the pits, it's too hard to catch up!!

IHEART: LOVE, love, that pix of your DD! It's priceless (and happy the procedure went well).

Sarah, so thankful you are recoving (I know you wish it were faster) and that you are feeling up to posting it isn't the same without all our RCers here.

Wookie: Nice ADRs!! With a late Ohana ADR, you shouldn't have trouble getting a good seat for Wishes, we dined twice with a late ADR and had perfect viewing! (and agree with others, get on a fast track with your classes so you all can get your own place!). And remember Wookie, all you need is a dollar and a a dream ....

Jenny, thanks for sharing the little stylish monkey story. Too cute!

Melissa, hope you are having a much better day.

Miss, bet your holiday cards turn out super great!

Candace, wow, congrats on the raise AND the retroactive pay!

Debrn, to the RC thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post
Hello!

Wanted To say "hi" and Happy Holidays to all of you in my RC family

I'm very glad for the mobile app since I don't have wifi

Am planning a trip for this January and I'm sooo glad to be back on the Dis!

Hope all is well with all of you!
HELLOOOO... Karen!! Happy you found your way back to us. When are you going in January??? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I changed to YC CL.. But since doing that I haven't touched my trip...Aug 18-25 Anna Maria Island then 25th to Sep. 1st YC
It all sound good Pas.... So listen to DH and don't mess with it! (Okay you need to plan another trip, to have some RC fun! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
We love ya Sarah...and Milkshakes are now the official RC cocktail (with LapuLapu and Grey Goose Slushie as runners up)
And some Kahlua can be added to those milkshakes too

Waving to all I've missed!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #993
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I don't even need to be in Disney to ride a roller coaster. This morning DH's job was solid and even had a bonus coming, as of tonight we are back to thinking there's no job within the next few months. DH is beyond emotionally spent and I don't how much longer he can ride the roller coaster.

On a lighter note, DD opened Disney Headbandz for Hanukkah tonight and we're having a blast playing it! DS19 and I are going to keep playing after DD goes to bed, LOL!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good night!
Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #994
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Wookie: Nice ADRs!! With a late Ohana ADR, you shouldn't have trouble getting a good seat for Wishes, we dined twice with a late ADR and had perfect viewing! (and agree with others, get on a fast track with your classes so you all can get your own place!). And remember Wookie, all you need is a dollar and a a dream ....
Thanks!! I hope I can keep them. We had a window seat at CG during Wishes on our last trip and it was beyond magical.

I like that thought. I'll have to keep remembering that.

Just in case y'all are ever at Arby's and think, "hmmm, I think a Reuben and curly fries." Then when you leave think, "I think instead of a vanilla milkshake, I'll get a eggnog one." Don't do it!! Step away from the eggnog milkshake. My tummy is so icky right now. Then my mil makes chili. I don't think I'll be eating that. oh well, at least the shake was super yummy while I was eating it.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #995
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Hello RC family! I hope everyone is doing well. Life has been busy here. I miss you all terribly!

I am going over our summer plans, and I really want to do BC and Poly, but when we went to AoA and walked over to Pop something just clicked. I missed all the hubbub and busy, family atmosphere. I feel like Lily would really enjoy staying there. I am so torn right now!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #996
padawans
DIS Veteran

Pas Your vacation sounds great. You know how much I love the 2 week vacation. Our 4 night trip to Dl was fun, but I came back more tired then when I left. You know how it is working the 12 hour long, stressful, adrenaline filled shifts with no break. Two weeks is just so rejuvinating.

MM Congrats on the raise I think you should celebrate by upgrading to CL.Not BC Cl, but Yc cl.

BB I hope everything works out for your dh. I know how difficult it is to live with them when they're stressed.

Still not sure what were doing in May, but I think I'll be changing my AKL CL to HRH CL.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #997
pas130
DIS Veteran

Happy Happy Birthday to Our Rockin' Queen of Pop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya Janet! Have a Great Day!!!!

Old 12-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #998
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Hello RC family! I hope everyone is doing well. Life has been busy here. I miss you all terribly!

I am going over our summer plans, and I really want to do BC and Poly, but when we went to AoA and walked over to Pop something just clicked. I missed all the hubbub and busy, family atmosphere. I feel like Lily would really enjoy staying there. I am so torn right now!
I have been the same way...missing Pop, looking at AoA!!! All is good sis..miss you

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Pas Your vacation sounds great. You know how much I love the 2 week vacation. Our 4 night trip to Dl was fun, but I came back more tired then when I left. You know how it is working the 12 hour long, stressful, adrenaline filled shifts with no break. Two weeks is just so rejuvinating.
I was looking at HRH CL too! Love the CL there, and RPR

You are so right with the longer trips....I usually like the beach after WDW..but if we drive we'll stop at SC to see my Dad (he moved there )
Old 12-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #999
pas130
DIS Veteran

Half of my multiquote vanished

I'll freestyle (and apologize for anyone I forget)

Did Ginny do a review for us...ugh my brain....

janet
Ah Kahula shakes....

wookie Good job with the ADRs! Vaniller rocks! I had a shake last night and my belly was ANGRY !!! But I have a big state test later to recertify for Paramedic and it's my nerves I bet

Melissa No changes here! BTW if we add more hours in the day, I bet we'll try to do more stuff too....

This computer will be smashed in 30 seconds.....ugh

MissYour card will Rock!!! But it's bittersweet when they "get big"

Last edited by pas130; 12-13-2012 at 08:52 AM. Reason: DIS crazy
Old 12-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #1000
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I don't even need to be in Disney to ride a roller coaster. This morning DH's job was solid and even had a bonus coming, as of tonight we are back to thinking there's no job within the next few months. DH is beyond emotionally spent and I don't how much longer he can ride the roller coaster.

On a lighter note, DD opened Disney Headbandz for Hanukkah tonight and we're having a blast playing it! DS19 and I are going to keep playing after DD goes to bed, LOL!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good night!
Melissa

I'm sorry you guys are experiencing all of this, especially around the holidays. I hope everything with your DH job works out, and works it out soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post

We loved POP when we stayed there!!!! Nice to see you posting on here, it's been awhile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post

MM Congrats on the raise I think you should celebrate by upgrading to CL.Not BC Cl, but Yc cl.

BB I hope everything works out for your dh. I know how difficult it is to live with them when they're stressed.

Still not sure what were doing in May, but I think I'll be changing my AKL CL to HRH CL.
We shall see.....we shall see.....I think we will really love BC, soooo......no changes yet....plus, historically I have to be much closer to my trip to finally opt for CL!!!!

Thank you all for the congratulations on the raise. I am very happy about it, and glad I decided to go in there and speak up about it!

We have been so busy with work, school, kids activities...its crazy!!! Thursdays and Fridays are literally the only night we have nothing going on....but usually Fridays have to be pretty low key because surely there is a basketball game on Saturday morning. But, you know what, we are all happy, healthy and life is truly good. I wouldn't trade any of this for the world.

ETA: forgot to mention, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET B!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL

Last edited by Mousemommy1; 12-13-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Forgot something important!!! :)
Old 12-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #1001
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

JanetB: I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #1002
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Our fabulous, wonderful Janet turns 29 today!

Hope you have a brilliant birthday!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #1003
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Our fabulous, wonderful Janet turns 29 today!

Again?

HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS TO YOU, JB.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #1004
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for your birthday wishes!

And yes, Miss & Kook I am *29* again ....we just won't mention how many times....

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #1005
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Janet!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: