Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #901
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Happy Birthday to my Toby Michael in Heaven..

Today would have been my Toby's birthday...please join me in toasting the gift of our Toby for 25 years.

If you are able, please join us in lighting a candle in honor of all children, of any age, who have gone before us. Losing one's child pre-birth, as a newborn, infant, toddler, child, teen, young adult or adult is devastating - a bereaved parent's heart never heals, there is no "closure:...but we do find joy, laughter and peace again.

Sheila, dear friend, you are especially in my heart and thoughts tonight.

Thank you, dear RC friends.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #902
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Today would have been my Toby's birthday...please join me in toasting the gift of our Toby for 25 years.

If you are able, please join us in lighting a candle in honor of all children, of any age, who have gone before us. Losing one's child pre-birth, as a newborn, infant, toddler, child, teen, young adult or adult is devastating - a bereaved parent's heart never heals, there is no "closure:...but we do find joy, laughter and peace again.

My oldest DS and I came so close to dying when I was pregnant with him. When I was 31 weeks pregnant I went into the doctor so sick that I couldn't dress myself, and could barely hold a glass to drink from it. I had toxemia and hypertension. He told us that if my blood pressure didn't get under control in the next 48 hours, my kidneys would fail and my son and I would most likely die. A week later I had an emergency c-section, and there were so many things that could have gone wrong with him. We are so lucky that he is a healthy 15 yr old now, and taller than I am. I cannot imagine the pain of actually losing one of my boys.

I'll light a candle in honor of my DH's Aunt Linny, who has lost two of her three sons.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #903
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

My candle is lit Christine. For you and Sheila, and for all others who have suffered this devastating loss. My heart goes out to you all
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 12-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #904
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Thinking of you Christine and Sheila.

I can't even imagine what a horror it would be to lose a child and pray I never have to find out. You women are incredibly strong. I know your children would be proud.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #905
Janet B
DIS Veteran

To Christine and Sheila

As I was going about my errands today, my thoughts went out to Christine, as I knew this would of been Toby's birthday, and then also to Sheila for your Jason and Shawn. My candle is lit for your children (and all others) who have known the unimaginable pain and devastation of losing a child. Know you have my friendship, support and love.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #906
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

Christine you too are in my thoughts tonight, I like to think that my DS's are in Heaven and celebrateing with Toby on this special Day. ((( hug)))

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 12-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #907
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
My candle is lit Christine. For you and Sheila, and for all others who have suffered this devastating loss. My heart goes out to you all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Thinking of you Christine and Sheila.

I can't even imagine what a horror it would be to lose a child and pray I never have to find out. You women are incredibly strong. I know your children would be proud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
To Christine and Sheila

As I was going about my errands today, my thoughts went out to Christine, as I knew this would of been Toby's birthday, and then also to Sheila for your Jason and Shawn. My candle is lit for your children (and all others) who have known the unimaginable pain and devastation of losing a child. Know you have my friendship, support and love.
Many Thanks to All my Dear Friends on the RC thread, as the Holidays draw near my heart fondly recalls the wonderful memories that I so treasure. Last Christmas was the first year after losing my youngest in 2009 that I started to feel like things were going to be ok, I actually put a wreath on the front door again but now here I am going thru another first Christmas without my firstborn son Shawn so your kind words mean much to me.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 12-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #908
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Christine and Sheila my heart goes out to you both. I have lit 3 candles .... one for each of your sons.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #909
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Christine and Shelia, my heart goes out to both of you. As I have learned, there are no words that can be said to ease the pain. But knowing that you have people around you that love and support you even on the worst of days seems to help just a bit. You and your sons are in my thoughts and prayers.

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #910
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Update on Sarah ...

Received a text this evening from our Sarah She is now at home where she can now work on getting stronger and feeling better.

Sarah, you have been in my thoughts and prayers daily... I am happy you are at home and hope that your full recovery is not long off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheila.. so good to see you post, you have been on my mind lately ...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #911
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Sheila and Christine: many many hugs for you both
Old 12-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #912
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Received a text this evening from our Sarah She is now at home where she can now work on getting stronger and feeling better.

Sarah, you have been in my thoughts and prayers daily... I am happy you are at home and hope that your full recovery is not long off.

Thank you Janet for the update. Sarah such good news to hear that you are home where you can continue to get better and stronger ... so much truth in the say "there's no place like home".
Old 12-10-2012, 06:13 AM   #913
pas130
DIS Veteran

Oh my dear friends...Christine and Sheila...hugs!!! I missed yesterday and I am sorry. But I think of you both often and I know your sons are our Angels....always here! And our dani's little sis who was also brought to Heaven too soon!!! Instead of a candle the pas kids had their cocoa

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 12-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #914
pas130
DIS Veteran

Sarah..woohoo you are home!! I hope you are feeling better!!!

And Janet my dear bff...Hugs and love and strength...and all that good stuff today!!!

Love and pixie dust to all the RC gals!!!

And I have no changes to report..except DH wants to drive....LOL...he wants to save $$$$ oh boy

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 12-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #915
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Great news! Thanks for posting Janet.

You keep on getting better Sarah! I'm looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks!

Off to the surgical center with DD. Catch up with you all later.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: