Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #856
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Sarah/Jungle Cruiser update

She is well, but her outpatient procedure turned into an admittance due to pain. She is strong and positive, as always and expects to be back home very soon. I had a milk shake in her honor today and I recommend you all do the same
Old 12-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #857
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
I've wanted to go on the DIVA trip for a few years, but too shy to go solo. If Linda thinks it's worth going, maybe we can all go next year.
That would be awesome Christine! can't wait to hear how Linda likes it

I heart the mouse: so sorry to hear about DS I am glad your DH was able to put some action behind those administrators words, and I hope DS doesn't have to fear for his safety again! (((Hugs)))

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #858
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Update on Sarah

Hi all,

Received an email from Sarah tonight. The surgery went well, and she ended up being admitted to the hospital as the pain was too much. With this surgery it can happen to some, and Sarah was one of them. She does have a private room, IV fluids and in her words &a lovely IV pain medicine that takes about 2 minutes to work. Both her and DH were relieved she was admitted as its where she needs to be.

Understandingly she is too tired to read or post on the DIS, but know she would send along her usual upbeat hello to all...

Oh Kook, didn't see your post!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #859
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

She is well, but her outpatient procedure turned into an admittance due to pain. She is strong and positive, as always and expects to be back home very soon. I had a milk shake in her honor today and I recommend you all do the same
Thanks Kook, I was ashamed that I didn't mention her in my last post as she has been on my mind all day. That special lady is going through a lot.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #860
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

Oh poor Sarah.. I am making the crew take me to sonic for a shake after the next job.. at least they can keep her comfortable and an eye on her tonight. Thanks kook!!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 12-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #861
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Hey, we should ALL have one in her honor!!

TY Kook!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #862
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B
Hi all,

Received an email from Sarah tonight. The surgery went well, and she ended up being admitted to the hospital as the pain was too much. With this surgery it can happen to some, and Sarah was one of them. She does have a private room, IV fluids and in her words &a lovely IV pain medicine that takes about 2 minutes to work. Both her and DH were relieved she was admitted as its where she needs to be.

Understandingly she is too tired to read or post on the DIS, but know she would send along her usual upbeat hello to all...

Oh Kook, didn't see your post!!
Ahhh must be dilaudid...she must have Disney dreams tonight_!!

Old 12-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #863
pas130
DIS Veteran

A hug for our Jen!!!! Hang in there

Old 12-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #864
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Oh Sarah! sending along our love and wishes for a speedy recovery! You are in all our thoughts!

Jenny: I hope I can convince DH! I tested the water tonight and said he doesn't have to give me Christmas or birthday presents this yr or next! He said "no" -- I swear I think he thinks I'm going to end up kidnapped or worse visiting my online friends, lol -- well if I'm gonna be kidnapped, it should be in the Mouse's house I haven't been to Disneyland in 23 yrs -- so I think it's about time I go!!!! I'll wear him down, you'll see

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 12-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #865
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
A hug for our Jen!!!! Hang in there
I can feel it right.....now...thanks Jeanette
Old 12-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #866
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

I can feel it right.....now...thanks Jeanette
You're welcome. I wish we all lived in the same neighborhood...in Orlando of course...what a week for you!! And your DD too

Old 12-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #867
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Catching up with you all....

Melissa, happy that your DS came thru endo well, and thinking positive thoughts for the biospy results.

IHeart, yay for both you and DH! Sounds like you are finally getting the school's attention to bullying. Excellent. Hpoe DD (and momma) do well on Monday....

Jenny, It's scary when our parents get older and start having health issues. Look at the positive, your mom is finally addressing her health issues, and hopefully will be able to treat any heart issues with diet and excerise and perhaps medication

Quote:
Will try to catch up soon. I'm working..no internet right now. Hugs to all
No Internet???

What's this?? Oh, it seems like a RC DIVA trip might be in the making!!!

Marie, perfect for you, you are closer to DL and your next WDW trip is 2014, right?? Sooo... DL in '13!! You have PLENTY of time to convince DH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
I've wanted to go on the DIVA trip for a few years, but too shy to go solo. If Linda thinks it's worth going, maybe we can all go next year.
Yes!! And there are LESS resorts for RCing ... right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Yep it's tonight .... heading out in a few minutes. We have a group of 24 but that includes spouses and children so I'm not sure how many Divas I'll be meeting. Should be fun!
Have a great time!! Will we get to see pictures??

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 12-07-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #868
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ahhh must be dilaudid...she must have Disney dreams tonight_!!
Whatever it is Nurse Pas, can we have some to take us away to Disney tonight??

hmmmm... guess you are using your phone?? Are you on transport tonight?? Yup, just read your going for a milkshake after work....yum!

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 12-07-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #869
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Janet and Kook, thank you for the update on Sarah. I am sure she is more comfortable in the hospital with her pain being managed. Please send her big and lots of well wishes

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #870
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Yes JanetB, it is good she took the step to go to the Dr. I know you are already dealing with parent health issues, thanks for the helpful words. I am such a newbie at this. I tried to stay in the office with her and the Dr, but she kicked me out.

I am so in for a RC trip someday!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: