Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #796
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

to all.

I_Heart: Oh. My. That is totally unacceptable; they'd best fix it. Wow. I'm so glad he came to you... poor kiddo. Please let us know how it turns out.

Melissa: Careful at Target! I'd with all the "stay home" votes... count me in the paranoid category too ( Jeanette.)

Jen: Doing a discount dance for you... I know it'll happen.

Jeanette: You. are. amazing. Masters program! Seriously, I don't know how you find the time.

Wookie: That hat is so pretty! Love the colour. Can't tell from the pic, but is it a soft, fuzzy yarn? Kinda looks that way. Also, I can give my verdict on Rosati's. (Mind you, I'm an east coaster so I don't consider Chicago-style deep dish as even being worthy of the pizza moniker.) I've only had Rosati's regular crust and it's pretty good. I don't have pizza very often but we've recently had Jet's (a Michigan based company) open in the area and I'd take their pizza over any of the other local offerings. They've got a nice Sicilian-style thick crust which is quite yumm-o.

Candace: Minimal ADRs. Yeeeeeeah! I kinda feel a bit bad about the one we do have for such a short trip but it is for our first Le Cellier lunch. Figured we couldn't try it without!

Janet: I'm with Sam. I always wanted glasses when I was younger... unfortunately, my wish came true with a vengeance!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #797
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone, let's see if I can catch up!

pas, yay for going for your Masters, good for you! Now then, should I change your hotel from the GF to YC CL on the first page?

i heart, my heart breaks to hear that any child is bullied in school. A teacher retiring is no excuse for not wanting to get involved. I would wait for the principal you know, I think you might get better results with some closer to the situation. Meanwhile, give your son lot of hugs,

mousemommy, sorry about the bonus but hope the raise comes through!

miss, I remember my DD's being in the Daisy Scouts. Soooo cute! Tell Miss M, I am good for some cookies!!!! I will even pay shipping

padawans, so sorry to hear about your DH's scare. I hope he is feeling better and glad he has his own private nurse

babyberger, I understand your hesitation to go out when your son is having a procedure today. Hope all goes well and you have a relaxing evening with your family, free of medical issues! AND, Happy Hanukkah!

Grumpy Grandma, hope you had a wonderful birthday, glad I remembered correctly! Believe me there are times when my brain turns to mush AND, I will find you and Janet at WDW no matter where you end up. Obviously I would love to see you two at WL, but I suspect we won't know until you arrive. A true RCer, 3 reservations for resorts at once!

Janet, lot's of things on your plate next week. I will be in touch and sending you lot's of

I know I am forgetting a lot of people, sorry, so much to do before tomorrow.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #798
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout
to all.

Wookie: That hat is so pretty! Love the colour. Can't tell from the pic, but is it a soft, fuzzy yarn? Kinda looks that way. Also, I can give my verdict on Rosati's. (Mind you, I'm an east coaster so I don't consider Chicago-style deep dish as even being worthy of the pizza moniker.) I've only had Rosati's regular crust and it's pretty good. I don't have pizza very often but we've recently had Jet's (a Michigan based company) open in the area and I'd take their pizza over any of the other local offerings. They've got a nice Sicilian-style thick crust which is quite yumm-o.

When the DH work for the IT department for CitiFinacial, he had to go to Chicago for a month when they changed to new software. He fell in love with the Chicago stuffed pizzas. When a pizza place opened up in our town in TX that was had Chicago stuffed pizzas he was so happy. The family had moved from Chicago, but it didn't last long b/c the service sucked. Then another "Chicago style" pizza place moved in & the owners claimed to have lived on the south side of Chicago their entire lives, but we're clueless on what a stuffed pizza was. Even after we describe it in detail, they looked at me like I had two heads. On favorite pizza place right now is a family owned place that the family moved from New Jersey to North Texas to get away from the Jersey winters. Their pizza is amazing!! David found a Rosati's while he was driving around for work. He just hates to try it and it not be a true Chicago-style stuffed pie. Especially since it's like a 30 drive from our house.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #799
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

UGH....just back from the hospital. DD4 had her swimming lessons this morning and while doing a jump into the pool, she decided to turn back towards the edge. Not like her at all, she really is a good swimmer normally. Anyhoo...she banged her chin off the wall, and ended up needing 4 stitches.

Mommy was literally, but held it together. DD8 who was home sick today was all, DH was us all, and my parents who came down to help out by taking DD8 home while we were at the hospital were all .

Turned out fine though, no tears from my toughie the DR. was great and it was all over lickety split. It was one of those moments when I wanted to tell her about our next Disney trip.

So that is all, just thought I would share out drama!

Hope you are all having a good day!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #800
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
UGH....just back from the hospital. DD4 had her swimming lessons this morning and while doing a jump into the pool, she decided to turn back towards the edge. Not like her at all, she really is a good swimmer normally. Anyhoo...she banged her chin off the wall, and ended up needing 4 stitches.

Mommy was literally, but held it together. DD8 who was home sick today was all, DH was us all, and my parents who came down to help out by taking DD8 home while we were at the hospital were all .

Turned out fine though, no tears from my toughie the DR. was great and it was all over lickety split. It was one of those moments when I wanted to tell her about our next Disney trip.

Omg I would have been like too. She's tougher than I am, I would have been crying so much, the doctor would have no knock me out to put the stitches in. Hopefully no more drama for you and she heals super quick.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #801
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Awww, poor DD and poor mama ! I'm glad she did so well, what a brave girl! I bet mommy could use a glass of wine later
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #802
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Omg I would have been like too. She's tougher than I am, I would have been crying so much, the doctor would have no knock me out to put the stitches in. Hopefully no more drama for you and she heals super quick.
Thank you. ..I am the biggest wuss too. My holding it together was all a show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Awww, poor DD and poor mama ! I'm glad she did so well, what a brave girl! I bet mommy could use a glass of wine later
Sadly now I have to go to work!!! Ah well, it could've been a lot worse had she hit the jawbone instead of under her chin. Wine later...
Old 12-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #803
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
miss, I remember my DD's being in the Daisy Scouts. Soooo cute! Tell Miss M, I am good for some cookies!!!! I will even pay shipping

I know I am forgetting a lot of people, sorry, so much to do before tomorrow.
I'm sending you extra-strength and for tomorrow. Let us know how things go.

You're safe on long-distance cookies until at least next year! (The troop leader decided they'd hold off until they were a bit older. Phew! Although, this means I'll have to procure Thin Mints elsewhere.

Quote:
:
When the DH work for the IT department for CitiFinacial, he had to go to Chicago for a month when they changed to new software. He fell in love with the Chicago stuffed pizzas. When a pizza place opened up in our town in TX that was had Chicago stuffed pizzas he was so happy. The family had moved from Chicago, but it didn't last long b/c the service sucked. Then another "Chicago style" pizza place moved in & the owners claimed to have lived on the south side of Chicago their entire lives, but we're clueless on what a stuffed pizza was. Even after we describe it in detail, they looked at me like I had two heads. On favorite pizza place right now is a family owned place that the family moved from New Jersey to North Texas to get away from the Jersey winters. Their pizza is amazing!! David found a Rosati's while he was driving around for work. He just hates to try it and it not be a true Chicago-style stuffed pie. Especially since it's like a 30 drive from our house.
I just looked at their menu and it says they serve stuffed so you might be in luck with Rosati's. He's a brave man, your DH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Oooooooh NO! Poor DD! Give her some hugs from Miss M and I... and some for you, too. Yikes. I can only imagine how awful it looked. She's a tough cookie!

Quote:
You and me both.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #804
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Oh Jenny, so sorry to hear about the swimming mishap. My little friend is a brave little girl. Poor Mommy though, good for you for holding it together. Having a glass of wine later sounds like a good plan.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #805
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh Jenny, so sorry to hear about the swimming mishap. My little friend is a brave little girl. Poor Mommy though, good for you for holding it together. Having a glass of wine later sounds like a good plan.
Oh thank you Sarah....and I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you good thoughts and hugs.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #806
BanditsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

Your DD is braver at 4 than I am at 24! Glad she's okay and props to you for keeping it together! (and you so deserve that drink tonight. ;-) )
Old 12-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #807
BanditsMommy
Mouseketeer

Today is my last day of classes and it's also only 27 days until my Disney trip and even less until Christmas! Do you think my professors will accept a note from you guys saying I'm suffering from Disney induced amnesia and can't take my finals?

I have a feeling that these boards are going to be my go-to procrastination tool for the next two weeks. Get ready. :-)
Old 12-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #808
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Sarah sending you lots of extra well wishes and hugs! No need to look for Janet and me at WDW ..... we know where to find you!!!

Jen so sorry about you DD ... glad she is okay. Stay strong mama there will be many more accidents .... sorry for the bad news .... but just my experience .... also the kiddos always make it thru better than mama!

wookie do you by any chance have instructions for the mickey head scarf you made? If so, maybe you could pm them to me or pm me and I'll send you my email.

Quiet afternoon today .... just sitting on the couch addressing Christmas cards for my DL Diva group. Only about 20 of us signed up for the exchange so that isn't too much to do. As of now there are 70 ladies signed up for the Diva trip!!! I'm very shy .... not sure how I'll handle this .... (worried look on my face)

Have a good afternoon/evening ladies!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #809
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Before leaving for the day, though I'd check in with my peeps

Jenny: So thankful your DD is okay and weathered it like a trooper! And you may have been shaking on the inside, but sure your DD saw the brave momma at her side. Wine is definitely in order later!!

Quote:
I grew up with a guy that his parents named him Paul Michael on purpose so he initials would be PMS.
Wookie: My son is a Paul Michael.

Quote:
DH and I need to get in better shape. He had the lap band surgery several years ago. He was getting close to 500 lbs and the doctor told us he had 3 options. 1. Have lapband 2. Have gastric bypass 3. Have a widow maker of a heart attack before he was 40, but he wouldn't know he had one b/c he would be dead before he hit the ground. He did good, for a while. Then he stopped getting fills, b/c they hurt too much and he pushes to eat more. He's back up to 450-ish, I would guess. I don't care about him looking like Channing Tatum, I just want him healthy and breathing.
And he needs to be there for you and the boys!! Start slow and build up to it... you can do it together!!

Quote:
Thanks!! I am taking mine slow. Like only 1 class every 8 weeks. When we get back from WDW in June 2013, I'll start taking 2 class every 8 weeks. I am a little over half done now.
Slow and easy gets there in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Janet - Too funny that Sam wants glasses. I'll bet she would rock a nice faux pair just for fun!
A good idea!! (Oh but she's talking about green tinted contacts, like Niall (from One Direction... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Janet: I'm with Sam. I always wanted glasses when I was younger... unfortunately, my wish came true with a vengeance!
Yes, the be careful what you wish for saying!! Me, I never thought about it and got glasses and braces the same year ...horrors!!

Quote:
AND, I will find you and Janet at WDW no matter where you end up. Obviously I would love to see you two at WL, but I suspect we won't know until you arrive. A true RCer, 3 reservations for resorts at once!

Janet, lot's of things on your plate next week. I will be in touch and sending you lot's of
Sarah, as Linda says, we WILL find you!! The best to you tomorrow my friend, send you an email. Hugs appreciated!

And remember you also have a thin mints source in PA to tide you over ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsMommy View Post
I have a feeling that these boards are going to be my go-to procrastination tool for the next two weeks. Get ready. :-)
We will be here! AKL will ROCK!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #810
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hi RC Buddies! I am still getting caught up from our trips. Maybe my list of to-do's will get shorter one of these days!

JC-Thinking of you and sending get well wishes to you for tomorrow. Won't be long till you are relaxing in that beautiful lodge!

I Heart-Sure hope the school works with you and gets this properly resolved. Hang in there. We are here for you!
And on a lighter note, your comment about the teacher's give a darn being broken made me think of a Jo Dee Messina song from a few years back..

Missout, We love girl school cookies. Congrats to Miss M on becoming a Daisy!

Lettinthewookie-You have amazing knitting skills! I enjoy seeing your projects.

Jenny- Oh dear! I hope your dd's chin heals soon. What a day! Hope you get to put your feet up and relax later.

Bandits Mommy-Not sure if professors take notes from invisible friends.
Sending you good luck wishes as you take your finals.

GG-A very happy belated birthday to you! Your Disney Diva trip sounds like lots of fun. I'm shy too, I understand. When meeting new folks, especially, I just have to remind myself I will be glad I went, and then go. If I think too much I lose my nerve.

Janet- I don't have a thin mint source here. Keep me in mind when cookie time comes.

Waving hi to RC friends I missed.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: