Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #661
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
This RCer is on a resort tourright now, watch out, who knows what will this will do to our Feb plans

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

How fun! Where did you go? See anything you like?

__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #662
padawans
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I agree! I do think that for the most part the rides in California are better and the resorts in Florida have much more to offer. I do love the private entrance to DCA from the GC ... makes me feel sort of special. Also being able to walk from the resort to the parks to Downtown Disney is so handy. So glad you had a good time!
That pretty much sums it up. California=better rides. Florida=better resorts. We spent 4 nights at GCH and I thought that was the perfect amount of time. It's a little easier on the wallet then the 12 night trips to WDW. One thing I really liked was the lounge chairs at the pool. They had 6 inch pads and a umbrella for every two chairs. I also liked that we got robes and turn down service in a non- club level room. The only thing I didn't like about the pool area was the fence around the pool, but I guess they have no choice or people from the parks would be using the pools. I think next time we will stay at the Disneyland Hotel. I know it's been all refuburshed. The quick service looks a lot like Captain Cooks at the Poly. The monorail slide looks pretty fun for the kids. Have you stayed there? What did you think?
padawans is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #663
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

I just had to make my famous call to the front desk about people smoking ok their balconies again. We just went outside to watch Illuminations and blasted with cigarette smoke from the balcony right below is. The kids want to go back out for the EWP so I made the call. Sorry, but it's a non smoking resort, GRRRR!

We went to on our resort decoration adventure today. Poly, GF, BWI, YC and BC. DH really just wanted to go to the Poly to walk around and see what people love about it. He liked it more than he thought but the verdict was still CR for Feb.

I have lots of decoration pictures that ill post latter.

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #664
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,290

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
That pretty much sums it up. California=better rides. Florida=better resorts. We spent 4 nights at GCH and I thought that was the perfect amount of time. It's a little easier on the wallet then the 12 night trips to WDW. One thing I really liked was the lounge chairs at the pool. They had 6 inch pads and a umbrella for every two chairs. I also liked that we got robes and turn down service in a non- club level room. The only thing I didn't like about the pool area was the fence around the pool, but I guess they have no choice or people from the parks would be using the pools. I think next time we will stay at the Disneyland Hotel. I know it's been all refuburshed. The quick service looks a lot like Captain Cooks at the Poly. The monorail slide looks pretty fun for the kids. Have you stayed there? What did you think?
I really like the pool area at GC .... especially the "pool boys" fetching my drinks and food!! I forgot about the comfy chairs .... too bad WDW doesn't have them. It's been a few years since I've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. I always like staying there since it is the original Disney resort ... the one we all grew up dreaming of going to. There's just something special about the pool area .... really just the whole hotel. We'll be at DL the 21st and 22nd of this month .... crazy I know but we have to activate DH's AP voucher before it expires on 12/31/12. We don't really plan on doing many rides just want to see all the decorations. Hope to see the carolers at the resorts and of course all the Santas.
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is online now  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #665
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,290

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I just had to make my famous call to the front desk about people smoking ok their balconies again. We just went outside to watch Illuminations and blasted with cigarette smoke from the balcony right below is. The kids want to go back out for the EWP so I made the call. Sorry, but it's a non smoking resort, GRRRR!

We went to on our resort decoration adventure today. Poly, GF, BWI, YC and BC. DH really just wanted to go to the Poly to walk around and see what people love about it. He liked it more than he thought but the verdict was still CR for Feb.

I have lots of decoration pictures that ill post latter.

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Ugh! Smokers ...
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is online now  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #666
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I really like the pool area at GC .... especially the "pool boys" fetching my drinks and food!! I forgot about the comfy chairs .... too bad WDW doesn't have them. It's been a few years since I've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. I always like staying there since it is the original Disney resort ... the one we all grew up dreaming of going to. There's just something special about the pool area .... really just the whole hotel. We'll be at DL the 21st and 22nd of this month .... crazy I know but we have to activate DH's AP voucher before it expires on 12/31/12. We don't really plan on doing many rides just want to see all the decorations. Hope to see the carolers at the resorts and of course all the Santas.
Hi Linda! You are making me think about Disneyland too! Hmmm....maybe 2014?? We'll see, I do want to see California, and maybe we could add on a DCL cruise at the same time???
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #667
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

So I don't a TR for the world to read even though i know anyone can read this. But there is something magical about sharing with all of you. Pictures will have to wait as I am tired and don't feel like uploading them to Flickr and then posing them one by one here, but I promise I have them

Today was MK day and lunch at LTT, yummy! Then we made our way through the monorail resorts, jumped off at MK,grabbed a waiting bus and headed to BWI then took the ferry to YC, ended up at BC and dinner at Cape May. DH loved the crab legs there but hate the noise so it is never enjoyable. I told him that was the last time we go. Then ferry over to DHS for Osborne lights and few rides. I knew it was EMH but because it was MVMCP it was really on our only choice. DHS was packed! We saw the perimeter of the lights, rode a few rides and grabbed a bus back to CR. We watched the MVMCP fireworks from the lounge (PERFECT), saw a bit of Iluminations from our balcony then watched the EWP (the kids slept through it last night). So overall a great couple of day. Tomorrow will be AK and maybe a other quick MK visit before we head home.

So I have to say I felt a RC coming on while we were at the Poly. DH has always been against it, but I saw him and the kids liking what they saw. I even commented that CRO was going down tomorrow. But nope, the kids love it here at CR and said they don't want to move our Feb res. DH and I both felt like we were home when we walked back into YC, but we understand why the kids like CR so much.

The people below me are smoking again! I just went in and called the front desk again! Seriously, why do the rules not apply to some? DH takes his cigar every night to a smoking area when he would love to just sit on the balcony he is paying for, but he gets it and rules are rules. Which reminds me, last night on thunder Mtn we saw a whole family climb under the rope and jump into the fast pass line, when they got to the second checkpoint the CM Stood her ground and sent them back. But again, why don't rules apply to some people?

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #668
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
So I don't a TR for the world to read even though i know anyone can read this. But there is something magical about sharing with all of you. Pictures will have to wait as I am tired and don't feel like uploading them to Flickr and then posing them one by one here, but I promise I have them

Today was MK day and lunch at LTT, yummy! Then we made our way through the monorail resorts, jumped off at MK,grabbed a waiting bus and headed to BWI then took the ferry to YC, ended up at BC and dinner at Cape May. DH loved the crab legs there but hate the noise so it is never enjoyable. I told him that was the last time we go. Then ferry over to DHS for Osborne lights and few rides. I knew it was EMH but because it was MVMCP it was really on our only choice. DHS was packed! We saw the perimeter of the lights, rode a few rides and grabbed a bus back to CR. We watched the MVMCP fireworks from the lounge (PERFECT), saw a bit of Iluminations from our balcony then watched the EWP (the kids slept through it last night). So overall a great couple of day. Tomorrow will be AK and maybe a other quick MK visit before we head home.

So I have to say I felt a RC coming on while we were at the Poly. DH has always been against it, but I saw him and the kids liking what they saw. I even commented that CRO was going down tomorrow. But nope, the kids love it here at CR and said they don't want to move our Feb res. DH and I both felt like we were home when we walked back into YC, but we understand why the kids like CR so much.

The people below me are smoking again! I just went in and called the front desk again! Seriously, why do the rules not apply to some? DH takes his cigar every night to a smoking area when he would love to just sit on the balcony he is paying for, but he gets it and rules are rules. Which reminds me, last night on thunder Mtn we saw a whole family climb under the rope and jump into the fast pass line, when they got to the second checkpoint the CM Stood her ground and sent them back. But again, why don't rules apply to some people?

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We appreciate you sharing with us too Melissa!! I would so be annoyed with the smoking neighbors too. A little common courtesy seems to be all too uncommon these days. I am so glad you are all having a great time!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #669
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Just a quick hello to all of you, munch a little of this for Melissa and tell you that last night -- from the Spider Pit of Doom came:

The M.I.C. ...

K.E.Y

M.A.I.L .... EEEEEEEEE!




I really wasn't all that excited. Now I kinda am. Had to come and share the giddy with the only folks that understand. Will have a better reply to all of the goings-on later!
Mickey mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Pas: Ooooooh, what a conundrum. You know which I would pick. Your kiddos are definitely rockin' elementary school.
Soooooo....I am turning on my laptop this morning and my GF wallpaper has been replaced by a pic from our YC balcony I think DH is telling me something...not sure what....today is the day CRO is closed right?



Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Hi all. We just returned from a great stay at the Grand California. Its very similar to Wilderness lodge, but not as nice, and at at GF price. We got upgraded to a theme park view. If I could have jumped off my balcony I would have been at the entrance to Soaring. The location makes it worth the price.

Disneyland is just so much better than the magic kingdom at WDW. Space mt(100 times better) Pirates(100 times better), Splash(a few more drops), Thunder mt(actually goes fast at Dl), Its a small world(no comparison), haunted house were all better. The monorails were all new. I love the way they redid the haunted house for Christmas. The Christmas decorations were great, and I didn't have to pay extra to see the parade. Indian Jones was closed.

California adventure may be my new favorite Disney park. I loved Carsland. Toy story has no fp so there was never more than 25 minute wait. They don't enforce the fp rule in Cali so that made it great to go back at night.

DDD was fun. No need for ADR's. It reminded me a little of city walk at Universal.

I still prefer Florida for a vacation, but I think both parks in California are better than anything in in Florida except Epcot.

It was a totally different type vacation then our trips to Florida. In Florida we spend most of our time at the resort. At Dl we spent a lot of time in the parks. It was hard not too because of the short walk. 10 minutes from hotel room to toy story.

I'm glad we did it. Now I have to rethink all my vacation plans for next year. I would love to squeeze in another trip to Dl.
I'm glad you did it too!!!! Sounds great! Wish airfare was cheaper though...flying to Cali eats up the savings for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
DH just sent me this one too...

First time they rode Thunder Mountain together, we usually slot up one parent to one kid, but the loved each other tonight. This is my Steven and Sarah.

It's hard not to love each other in WDW. Oh Melissa I am so happy you are loving CR Your babies are adorable, (hubs is handsome too) . I hope you are feeling better. Thank you for the TR...we LOVE those, and as a nonFB RCer thank you for the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I agree! I do think that for the most part the rides in California are better and the resorts in Florida have much more to offer. I do love the private entrance to DCA from the GC ... makes me feel sort of special. Also being able to walk from the resort to the parks to Downtown Disney is so handy. So glad you had a good time!
It has been a year since I played on the Disneyland website Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsMommy View Post
Hi all! I leave for my trip in a month and I still can't settle on a resort. I would love to stay at WL, but with the current discount rates it just isn't feasible. I'm currently booked at POR, but I'm afraid that it will involve a lot of walking and I am still recovering from a foot injury. My choices at the moment are between Pop (preferred room), CSR (preferred room), or POR (garden view). I would rather stay on the less expensive end, but can anyone give me some reasons to choose one over the other. I think I'm unconvinced because I am not really in love with any of these properties yet. I hope some of you can help me make this decision once and for all. I hope the 1000th time will be the charm
With the foot injury...Pop or WL. Smaller grounds...no internal bus to worry about. I am a GF gal, and I LOVED WL, but budget wise...our family did Pop last year and LOVED IT! I have heard great things about both CSR and POR however....if you are looking to do more park time...Pop IMHO. to the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
A little common courtesy seems to be all too uncommon these days.
So true...that's why it's good we have each other
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #670
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,692

I just set up a meeting with our director for Wednesday to discuss my salary requests....

I have written up a proposal with supporting documentation and everything.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #671
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
I just set up a meeting with our director for Wednesday to discuss my salary requests....

I have written up a proposal with supporting documentation and everything.
Good luck!! Sending you lots of pixie dust while I'm still here

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #672
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I just set up a meeting with our director for Wednesday to discuss my salary requests....

I have written up a proposal with supporting documentation and everything.
Some more pixie dust Candace! Good for you!!!
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #673
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,692

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Good luck!! Sending you lots of pixie dust while I'm still here

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Some more pixie dust Candace! Good for you!!!
Thanks guys! I am going in requesting a good $10k more a year...and I have documentation to support that...so we will see how it turns out!!! If they say yes....CL!?!?!?!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #674
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,035

Go Candace, go!
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #675
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Thanks guys! I am going in requesting a good $10k more a year...and I have documentation to support that...so we will see how it turns out!!! If they say yes....CL!?!?!?!
Of course CL!!!

Good luck!!!!
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.