Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #601
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi RC friends,
What a day. A few hours ago DS called, the college he works at was on lockdown. He was locked in his work area, with other employees and students. I was just trying to sound calm, and listen, but it was so scary.
He just called back and said they lifted the lockdown, closed the campus for the rest of the day. Both ABC and NBC are reporting there was a fatality. In the meantime, he's off to to meet his wife for lunch. Good plan.
I am so relieved he's safe.
Ginny, how scary! I am relieved and happy for you that your DS is safe, but my, how sad for the families of the ones who did not make it.

Do not have time for a multi-quote (shutting down at work and going to see Breaking Dawn, Part 2 with DD and SIL), but hope to catch up later.

Kook, the RR suggestion for wookie had me laughing!!

MM ... go for it, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Pas, do hope Miss Kate is feeling better hmmm so no change to YC after our texts yesteday??

Melissa, happy that your DD is taking a break (and giving you one ) time for a glass of wine ....

Wookie, Melissa, and Marie ... we have certainly been thru ups and downs wiith our DS... talented and intelligent but not motivated at times, teenage years are rough, GG's post gives me comfort though ..

Wookie... love the Mark Twain comment, but maybe the "16" should be replaced with "24" ...

Hi to all ... Sorry to those I've missed, I will try to catch up!! ... the movie awaits!!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #602
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Sarah here's a little change for you: Janet and I are now booked at POP, POR and I just added WL for the RC trip Jan 9th-13th!!!! Where will we end up????
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #603
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Sarah here's a little change for you: Janet and I are now booked at POP, POR and I just added WL for the RC trip Jan 9th-13th!!!! Where will we end up????
Just following the example set by our RC peeps (and our RC Queen) Who knows where we will check in to??

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #604
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Being left home is the pits

(my money, and we know how much that means, is on WL because that is really where you want to be. )

Old 11-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #605
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Being left home is the pits

(my money, and we know how much that means, is on WL because that is really where you want to be. )
The more I think about WL the more I like the idea!!! Can't believe the GP discount was only 25% but the AP discount is 37% ... crazy number right? And you know we want you on the RC trip .... so if something changes just let us know!!!!

Now we just need to get the Grannie trip figured out and I'll be set. Well as set as an RCer can be!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #606
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
The more I think about WL the more I like the idea!!! Can't believe the GP discount was only 25% but the AP discount is 37% ... crazy number right? And you know we want you on the RC trip .... so if something changes just let us know!!!!

Now we just need to get the Grannie trip figured out and I'll be set. Well as set as an RCer can be!!!
Did you book a std view? I mean, would I have to hear the trucks beeping??? (I need 20 days so special needs can take care of things...but it doesn't look good at all)

Old 11-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #607
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you book a std view? I mean, would I have to hear the trucks beeping??? (I need 20 days so special needs can take care of things...but it doesn't look good at all)
No standard view for us .... I booked a woods view!!! Since I've only stayed DVC there do you have any suggestions on what to request??? Of course if you come that's one thing off my plate .... I'd just leave it up to you!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #608
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
No standard view for us .... I booked a woods view!!! Since I've only stayed DVC there do you have any suggestions on what to request??? Of course if you come that's one thing off my plate .... I'd just leave it up to you!!!
5th floor, castle view! I've only stayed DVC too, but I am always prepared on case I stay in the Lodge.

(Grannie trip - I am hoping MFT will have next year's dates out soon)

Old 11-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #609
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
5th floor, castle view! I've only stayed DVC too, but I am always prepared on case I stay in the Lodge.

(Grannie trip - I am hoping MFT will have next year's dates out soon)
Any view with castle in it must be to die for!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #610
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Any view with castle in it must be to dIt is very diie for!!!
It is very distant and betwen the trees. Woods view is pretty much a view of trees! Although, you could request a lake view and see where they put you - can't hurt!

Old 11-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #611
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! My I have missed a lot today! Lots going on here...!

Just got home from the Nutcracker with the DD's and my Mama, it was so nice, I love the Nutcracker! Had to drive through our first snowstorm to get there though...not fun.

DH really wants the Beach Club now....I am loving the challenge of getting us there. I can do it! .

Oh and our AG dolls arrived today! I love them....I think I want one for myself! I opened the boxes and smoothed out their hair, said hello to them, and put them back away. Is it weird I felt sorry for them with the tie around their necks that hold them into the box? Like I really really wanted to take them off because they didn't like it. I need help ladies! Don't tell anyone! But meeting those dolls made me really happy!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #612
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
I use to know the room number that has a view of the castle through the trees, but I think I'm finally catching what every one else has had around here and I can't remember. I know it was near the otter pond though. I'm sure the folks on the WL info thread could tell you.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #613
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I use to know the room number that has a view of the castle through the trees, but I think I'm finally catching what every one else has had around here and I can't remember. I know it was near the otter pond though. I'm sure the folks on the WL info thread could tell you.
kook! kook! where are you???? I'll have to stop by her WL thread.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:40 AM   #614
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi everyone! My I have missed a lot today! Lots going on here...!

Just got home from the Nutcracker with the DD's and my Mama, it was so nice, I love the Nutcracker! Had to drive through our first snowstorm to get there though...not fun.

DH really wants the Beach Club now....I am loving the challenge of getting us there. I can do it! .

Oh and our AG dolls arrived today! I love them....I think I want one for myself! I opened the boxes and smoothed out their hair, said hello to them, and put them back away. Is it weird I felt sorry for them with the tie around their necks that hold them into the box? Like I really really wanted to take them off because they didn't like it. I need help ladies! Don't tell anyone! But meeting those dolls made me really happy!
Sounds like you all had a lovely time at the Nutcracker.
That was so cute about the dolls. It won't be long till they leave their boxes and meet their new friends!
Old 12-01-2012, 05:47 AM   #615
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Janet and GG,
It's lots of fun following your WDW plans.
Your trip will be here before you know it. I can't believe it's Dec 1st.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: