Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #496
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Helloooooooooo ladies!

Candace: Glad you're on the mend. Sorry you're back at work. BC / Poly split is nice. Best of both areas.

Magic: Oh no. Good vibes you and your family & friends' way.

Sarah and Linda: How are you both?

Sheila: Have a fabulous time... we're with you in spirit!

Pas: Tormenting the dog? She's definitely on the mend, too. When Miss M starts after the dog, I know she's doing fine. Ooooh, Squinkies! Should I inflict that torture on others? I swear there's about 100 of those things around this house.

Awwww... Fireman Santas. They don't do it out here. I grew up having to wait outside in the cold, not caring because we were brimming with anticipation at the approaching sirens and then watching wide-eyed as the decorated ladder trucks go by with Santa waving from the back. Hubs got to watch it with me a couple of times before my parents moved out of my childhood home. Sad that Miss M won't get to see it. I wonder if it tends to be an east coast tradition? Oh, who's cutting onions around here...

I_Heart: No changes, no changes. I hope it sticks too. We've gotta be resort buddies. Thank you for the kind words, it really does mean a lot. I'm not sure if we'll come home with a new buddy... hmm.

What about a signature Cape Codder drink in the YC&BC lounges?

Melissa: I haven't even been to Target today! Going through withdrawal symptoms. Has the packing started or was it just the superfluous vacuuming?

Janet: I thought of you as Miss M put together a HP Lego set. She also made this little concoction:
I asked her what it was and she replied, "It's Dobby and Harry roasting a zombie-head marshmallow on Harry's wand."

I don't know where she gets this stuff from.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #497
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

*whispers*

Psst, Letthewookiee... Beeeeeeach Cluuuuuuuub.

That is a wonderful marshmallow idea!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #498
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
*whispers*

Ok...the whole "adult" marshmallow thing....I am just thinking of extremely flammable marshmallows requiring a fire extinguisher to put them out....yeah...that was my peek into the future...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #499
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Ok...the whole "adult" marshmallow thing....I am just thinking of extremely flammable marshmallows requiring a fire extinguisher to put them out....yeah...that was my peek into the future...
I do like mine burnt... perhaps myself and the marshmallow turning charcoal-like would be overdoing it.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #500
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I do like mine burnt... perhaps myself and the marshmallow turning charcoal-like would be overdoing it.
Oh how I wish we could be at BC at the same time to try that!!!! That would be hilarious!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #501
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin
You are a genius!! I thought we would have to buy the kits they sell, if we do end up at the BC/YC. Since we are driving, we can just bring our own. Hmmm, we could even have a couple of bag of special "adult" mashmallows and dip them in Chambord before going down for the roast. I'm told it's really good.

I told my DH last night that he had to buy a lottery ticket for tonights Powerball. That way, if we win, it will solve my RC'ing problem. We can just stay at each of the resort I'm thinking of staying at for several nights each.
I have my Powerball tickets too!!! I would be making some serious RC's for Feb if we win, but this weekend trip would probably stay as it is. Oh how we can dream!!!!

Yep bring your own s'mores stuff, much cheaper than buying it. Chambord, huh? I'm staring at a bottle of it now, may have to go on this weekends packing list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout
Helloooooooooo ladies!
Melissa: I haven't even been to Target today! Going through withdrawal symptoms. Has the packing started or was it just the superfluous vacuuming?

Janet: I thought of you as Miss M put together a HP Lego set. She also made this little concoction:
I asked her what it was and she replied, "It's Dobby and Harry roasting a zombie-head marshmallow on Harry's wand."

I don't know where she gets this stuff from.
Okay the zombie head roasting is hysterical!!!! Nope no packing yet, haven't even done laundry. Not sure why I haven't started by now. But the inside if my truck is nice and clean

------

I laid my head down on the couch for a few minutes and slept for a few minutes in between the kids screaming at each other, oh the joys of motherhood So DH asked me last night where I would move if we win powerball, of course I said New England and he says he is not going back to the snow so I said Key West and he agreed, LOL! DH's is so frustrated with work he is ready to just pick up and go! We still have no idea what is happening with the company...our lesson learned through this is never work for or with a bipolar person Keeping my fingers crossed for even a small win out of that huge Powerball jackpot!!! And hey if I win big, I could see a big RC meet up, maybe at my new place in Key West, LMAO!

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #502
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Ok, I let the first one slide but this is the second time you've said "poo" while referencing a bathroom. I've got 3 elementary school boys. Sorry. <hangs head in shame>
I thought I commented on this earlier, but noticed I didn't. I didn't even notice I was doing that. I should have since I have 2 teenage boys and that is one of a handful of words you can say to instantly get a laugh out of them. I think barf and fart are the only other ones I can write on this DIS, but the other one rhymes with wee.

Quote:
After reading your comment, I got this image in my head of me roasting one, freaking out b/c it was a flamming marshmallow of doom, trying to shake it off my stick, and it flying to smack a my DH right inbetween the eyes.

So, on the marshmallow roast, do you bring your own sticks, do you have to buy them, or do they just give them to you for free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I have my Powerball tickets too!!! I would be making some serious RC's for Feb if we win, but this weekend trip would probably stay as it is. Oh how we can dream!!!!

I laid my head down on the couch for a few minutes and slept for a few minutes in between the kids screaming at each other, oh the joys of motherhood So DH asked me last night where I would move if we win powerball, of course I said New England and he says he is not going back to the snow so I said Key West and he agreed, LOL! DH's is so frustrated with work he is ready to just pick up and go! We still have no idea what is happening with the company...our lesson learned through this is never work for or with a bipolar person Keeping my fingers crossed for even a small win out of that huge Powerball jackpot!!! And hey if I win big, I could see a big RC meet up, maybe at my new place in Key West, LMAO!

Melissa

We wouldn't move any where if we won big. I would just build me a Downton Abbey like home here and do a ton of traveling. My bil doesn't play the lottery b/c he thinks it's just throwing money away. I keep telling him, it's not, you are just paying to dream for a short time what you would do with that kind of money. Hmmmm. I'm thinking if we did win big maybe D&B Disney bags all around for the RC'ers, even the enabling ones.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 11-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #503
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

OK guys I am done with work and off to the shower. Next stop WDW and POFQ. I am so pooped it just may be Beignets for dinner! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
hmmm ... wonder if wheelchair GG needs to be in a resort with interior hallways ...
JanetB, OF COURSE GG needs interior hallways!!!! And a day of Concierge therapy.

Quote:
Magic – hope DH and P feel better soon and you can all have fun at WDW!!! I hope you can get up north this weekend to help out. My kid's school has sent up 3 full truckloads of supplies already and are still collecting, it is so sad how much damage there still is.
That is so kind for your kid's school to offer such support. It truly is amazing the wonderful stories that have ALSO come from this tragedy... and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
The coaster in Seaside...the pier is in the ocean now
Yes pas130, I simply cannot fathom my Seaside in ruins. I worked at Kohr's ya know! That orange and vanilla twisty cone still makes my mouth water.

Quote:
[B]Magic: Oh no. Good vibes you and your family & friends' way.
Thank you Miss..., I appreciate it.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #504
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
*whispers*

grrrrrrrr, I swear I really should not DIS while knitting and watching Fringe.

I was just thinking about calling and changing over to the BC.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 11-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #505
babyberger
DIS Veteran

MAGIC - Have a great trip!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

Oh I can repost some of my YC pics if it will help the sway and resulting call to CRO, LOL!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #506
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Sad news...

Looks like no RCing from 5 p.m. Monday Dec 3 through the afternoon of Tuesday the 4th:

"Disney will perform a reservationsystem enhancement beginning at 5 p.m. Eastern time (2 p.m. Pacific) on Monday, December 3, 2012, and lasting until Tuesday afternoon, December 4, 2012. This enhancement will allow us to better assist you and your Clients in the future.

During this time, our systems will not be fully functional and we will not be able to process roomonly or vacation package reservations for the Walt Disney World® Resort by phone or online. This includes making new resort reservations, making modifications to existing Resort reservations, providing confirmations or taking payments.

We also will be unable to process reservations for dining, dinner shows, tours, recreation and children’s activity centers at the Walt Disney World Resort, as well as for Cirque du Soleil® La Nouba™, and Clients temporarily will be unable to access Disney’s Online CheckIn Service.

In addition, we will be unable to process roomonly or vacation package reservations for Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort, the Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort or Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.

If you have Clients who need to make a payment or modify their Disney reservation, please make every effort to complete these before 5 p.m. on December 3, 2012, or after our systems return to full operation. We expect to be back to full functionality on Tuesday afternoon, December 4, 2012, and will be glad to accommodate your requests at that time."

Not quite 24 hours - so get those changes done before Monday!

Old 11-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #507
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana
Looks like no RCing from 5 p.m. Monday Dec 3 through the afternoon of Tuesday the 4th:

"Disney will perform a reservation‐system enhancement beginning at 5 p.m. Eastern time (2 p.m. Pacific) on Monday, December 3, 2012, and lasting until Tuesday afternoon, December 4, 2012. This enhancement will allow us to better assist you and your Clients in the future.

During this time, our systems will not be fully functional and we will not be able to process room‐only or vacation package reservations for the Walt Disney World® Resort by phone or online. This includes making new resort reservations, making modifications to existing Resort reservations, providing confirmations or taking payments.

We also will be unable to process reservations for dining, dinner shows, tours, recreation and children’s activity centers at the Walt Disney World Resort, as well as for Cirque du Soleil® La Nouba™, and Clients temporarily will be unable to access Disney’s Online Check‐In Service.

In addition, we will be unable to process room‐only or vacation package reservations for Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort, the Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort or Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.

If you have Clients who need to make a payment or modify their Disney reservation, please make every effort to complete these before 5 p.m. on December 3, 2012, or after our systems return to full operation. We expect to be back to full functionality on Tuesday afternoon, December 4, 2012, and will be glad to accommodate your requests at that time."

Well that's a bummer, just when I will be on my way home and am known for calling CRO and dining to change everything for our next trip I guess I will try yo make some changes on Sunday (if any are needed).

Thanks for the heads up!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #508
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

"Disney will perform a reservationsystem enhancement beginning at 5 p.m. Eastern time (2 p.m. Pacific) on Monday, December 3, 2012, and lasting until Tuesday afternoon, December 4, 2012. This enhancement will allow us to better assist you and your Clients in the future.

During this time, our systems will not be fully functional and we will not be able to process roomonly or vacation package reservations for the Walt Disney World® Resort by phone or online. This includes making new resort reservations, making modifications to existing Resort reservations, providing confirmations or taking payments.

We also will be unable to process reservations for dining, dinner shows, tours, recreation and children’s activity centers at the Walt Disney World Resort, as well as for Cirque du Soleil® La Nouba™, and Clients temporarily will be unable to access Disney’s Online CheckIn Service.

In addition, we will be unable to process roomonly or vacation package reservations for Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort, the Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort or Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I nees to decide if I'm going to change it or not.

I just feel sorry for those that can make their 180 day out ADRs on 12/4.

Hopefully, this will make their system not have the issues it always seem to have. I swear it's like Animal is their main IT man. I have some ideas, but I'm not done with my computer programming degree yet.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #509
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh how I wish we could be at BC at the same time to try that!!!! That would be hilarious!!!
This should become a "must do" if we ever have an RC meet-up. RC Balls of Flaming Marshmallow.

Quote:
Okay the zombie head roasting is hysterical!!!! Nope no packing yet, haven't even done laundry. Not sure why I haven't started by now. But the inside if my truck is nice and clean
Okay, everyone write down "RC Meet Up at Melissa's New Place" ... in Key West. Maybe we should check the local fire ordinances first for any laws against creating marshmallow infernos?

CR here you come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
After reading your comment, I got this image in my head of me roasting one, freaking out b/c it was a flamming marshmallow of doom, trying to shake it off my stick, and it flying to smack a my DH right inbetween the eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
OK guys I am done with work and off to the shower. Next stop WDW and POFQ. I am so pooped it just may be Beignets for dinner! lol
Sounds like a wonderful dinner to me. You've got more planned for eats than I do at the moment. Yay for Port Orleans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Okay... now you'd best get that phone call out of the way soon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

Christine! Too funny. Do you think anyone will be adding this to their calendars... or suffering withdrawals and/or hyperventilating fits through the downtime?
Old 11-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #510
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Another interesting tidbit! Any RCers then during this time frame? Not me, but I don't like ME and usually have a town car meet us...maybe it is time for change.

Walt Disney World is starting a new FastPass+ test in December!

From December 11-15, select Guests who are registered to use Disneys Magical Express service will be offered the opportunity to go online to pre-select four Disney FastPass+ experiences at Magic Kingdom Park and three experiences at Disneys Hollywood Studios Park. Guests eligible for this test will be notified via mail this week, at the mailing address on the booking.

Great news for those going during the test dates, and the addition of Hollywood Studios is interesting, as past tests have only involved Magic Kingdom.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: