Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #466
pas130
DIS Veteran

Feel better Candace!!! And poor Sarah..hope the surgeon can help with the swallowing...

Strangely enough I also was at target today. Now I'm waiting at the docs with poor Bree..who is sick
Old 11-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #467
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

So sorry so many beloved RCs aren't feeling well or have worsening symptoms - you and your families are all in my thoughts.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #468
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

I have an odd question for those who have stayed at the Y&BC. Do the bathrooms in the standard rooms at either resort open into the bathroom or away from the bathroom? The DH is wondering. I have seen room layouts that show both.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 11-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #469
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin
I have an odd question for those who have stayed at the Y&BC. Do the bathrooms in the standard rooms at either resort open into the bathroom or away from the bathroom? The DH is wondering. I have seen room layouts that show both.
I want to say in our room at YC the bathroom door opened into the bathroom.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #470
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We had a GV room at BC last trip and ours opened into the bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 11-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #471
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Finally sitting on the couch catching up on some tv, figured I would multitask and get in a quick multi quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad
I want to thank all of you for being so welcoming and the advice on my resort change
When I called, I was able to get a std club room at BWI...with two little ones, the hike to the lounge from a cottage would've been tough (but not impossible!) so I requested large balcony, boardwalk view, 4th floor if at all possible.

I already heard back from their IPO twice!! Compared to GF IPO, i am loving the Epcot resorts
Sounds perfect!!!! Glad the IPO is so much more helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout
I need help... I'm clueless.

I know this is where I should ask:

Kiddo got invited to a birthday party. What sorts of things does one give a girl turning 6? How much should I spend?

(You'd think having a girl of roughly the same age would make this easy but it doesn't; I'm too inept at social norms. )

One thing I do love about this party -- they're holding at a local no-kill animal shelter. Such a sweet idea for kids and brings money to the organization. We almost adopted from this particular place but went with our mutt who was living in a foster home. It was love at first sight.
I agree with Jen, @ $25, Lego Friendship, crafty sets, especially jewelry. G,ad you got out of Target before you bought the whole dollar section, LMAO!!!

Quote:
Around here, it's the whole family. We get them every Father's Day for all the men. My oldest just doesn't really like cake. Which is why Fudgie is perfect.

Have you tried looking on line for what you want? That's what I usually do if I'm looking for something specific.

I'm starting to think this thread in enabling me. Now I wanna stay at either the Yacht or Beach Club. Someone needs to take my internet privilege away so I'll stop looking at resorts.
Yeah, I will end up online, was just hoping to pick up,some long sleeve tees for DS for the weekend. We are horrible enablers, LOL!!!!! Do I need to say it again, I LOVE LOVE LOVE YC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130
Feel better Candace!!! And poor Sarah..hope the surgeon can help with the swallowing...

Strangely enough I also was at target today. Now I'm waiting at the docs with poor Bree..who is sick
Target was calling our names, LOL! I hope Bree is okay HUGS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
So sorry so many beloved RCs aren't feeling well or have worsening symptoms - you and your families are all in my thoughts.
Hi Kook!!!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #472
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I want to say in our room at YC the bathroom door opened into the bathroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
We had a GV room at BC last trip and ours opened into the bathroom.

Well poo. I'm assuming, the bathrooms are bigger than the ones at the Pop Century? Maybe that will be the difference. Both the DH and I hated the size of the bathrooms at the Pop. The DH thought if the door opens out of the bathroom, instead of in, it wouldn't be as bad as the bathroom in our Pop Century room.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 11-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #473
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Yes gotta love the DH's, sometimes I need to let him feel like he has some 'great' ideas about our trips!! I know, I am terrible!

And yes, the questions will be coming!
Same with us. I do want to give credit where credit is due... hubs actually -- all on his own -- came up with the POR suggestion this past September.

Let me just add: BC, BC, BC.

Quote:
Just back from Costco, my first visit with our own membership card! I love it there! Only got food, but going to go back on Friday with DH as we have the day together to do some shopping!!
Oh, you know, we were just in there two weeks ago and I saw some AG stuff -- like a few little clothing sets, not the dolls. Thought it was weird seeing it there as I've never seen any AG stuff (doll-related) outside of the actual stores.

Candace: Sending you lots of "Go Away Germs" vibes.

Quote:
My DD6 is into LEGO friends right now (the one for girls...lego that is pink and purple). It is not too pricey, maybe $25??

Also, I like giving indigo/chapters gift cards (a bookstore, not sure if you have them in the states).

Anything crafty is always a hit with my girls too. Hope that helps you!!
Helps immensely! Thank you. I don't know why Friends Lego didn't twig with me -- we've just bought Miss M a whole bunch of those sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Around here, it's the whole family. We get them every Father's Day for all the men. My oldest just doesn't really like cake. Which is why Fudgie is perfect.
Fudgie the Whale! Oh how that brings back memories. We used to get that hilarious commercial with the awful voice-over for the whale. I can't remember the last time I had a Carvel cake.

Quote:
I never spent more than $20-25 on a gift for a kid's birthday party. What to get is a lot harder. I like to buy books for kids. For girls, my boys liked going to Build a Bear and make them a friend.
With you and Jen mentioning it, I think we'll head over to our little independent bookstore. Guess I'll be doing my "Shop Local Saturday" a week late. Love the book / bookstore idea. Thanks!

Quote:

I'm starting to think this thread in enabling me. Now I wanna stay at either the Yacht or Beach Club. Someone needs to take my internet privilege away so I'll stop looking at resorts.
*talks in a slow, monotone voice* Beeeeeach Cluuuuuuub. It is callllllllling yooooooou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Oh no, poor Bree. What's wrong?

Quote:
Both times, we had doors opening in.

Quote:
I agree with Jen, @ $25, Lego Friendship, crafty sets, especially jewelry. G,ad you got out of Target before you bought the whole dollar section, LMAO!!!
They had all new stuff in the dollar bins. When I notice it was stuff I hadn't seen before, it was moth-to-flame time. Can't. resist. Okay, that settles it... headed BACK to Target tomorrow to pick up a Friends Lego set. (and some other stuff too, more than likely. ) Thanks for the help.

Heya Kookster!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #474
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Well poo. I'm assuming, the bathrooms are bigger than the ones at the Pop Century? Maybe that will be the difference. Both the DH and I hated the size of the bathrooms at the Pop. The DH thought if the door opens out of the bathroom, instead of in, it wouldn't be as bad as the bathroom in our Pop Century room.
Well once you were in the bathroom with the door closed was more than enough room. Just a tight squeeze shutting the door once you are in that's the trouble. We love love loved the BC and the door to the bathroom couldn't come close to ruining it! Lol!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #475
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Fudgie the Whale! Oh how that brings back memories. We used to get that hilarious commercial with the awful voice-over for the whale. I can't remember the last time I had a Carvel cake.
I've never seen the commercials. I actually only know of one in the area. I'm sure there are more. Our family can easily knock out two of them.

Quote:
With you and Jen mentioning it, I think we'll head over to our little independent bookstore. Guess I'll be doing my "Shop Local Saturday" a week late. Love the book / bookstore idea. Thanks!
One of my favorite books to give is "The Polar Express". It is one of my favorite children's books.

Quote:
*talks in a slow, monotone voice* Beeeeeach Cluuuuuuub. It is callllllllling yooooooou.
It really is. I love the idea of the marshmallow roasts. Plus Stormalong Bay doesn't hurt. Then my DH said he likes the boats to Epcot and DHS.

Quote:
Both times, we had doors opening in.
Quote:
Well once you were in the bathroom with the door closed was more than enough room. Just a tight squeeze shutting the door once you are in that's the trouble. We love love loved the BC and the door to the bathroom couldn't come close to ruining it! Lol!

Poo, but then it may be something he'll just have to get used to. He and I just don't like bathrooms with toilets that close to the door that open in, instead of out.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #476
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Welcome to our newest RCers ... our thread has the best ladies around!!

Sheila... HAVE A FABULOUS TRIP!!

DetTigsGal ... welcome back!! Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

Ginny ... Sorry, I missed welcoming you back hope the wedding was beautiful!!

To our RC peeps who have not been feeling well, sending along lots of to feel better soon!

Sarah ...my friend, you got some great doctors, I'm confident they will find a way to help you with your swallowing issues and find another treatment for you soon ... and as you as you start feeling better, think about when you can meet up for dinner! [Pas .. you too ]

Melissa...happy that your DS is doing well

Quote:
Now I'm waiting at the docs with poor Bree..who is sick
Oh Pas, do hope it is nothing serious with our Bree!

Quote:
One of my favorite books to give is "The Polar Express". It is one of my favorite children's books.
It's one of mine too ... we also have the bell ornament ... I still remember my DD's face when she opened up that box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Yesterday DD and I finally made it to the outlets .... since they are so spread out I did use the wheelchair .... payback to DD after the months I spent pushing her around after knee injuries/surgeries!
GG ... so will I be pushing you in January??? No problem my friend, but you are still going on EE and ToT with me (and Magic)!! Oh, I can have a lead foot at times, don't know how that will translate to a wheelchair Sarah will have to keep me in check!!

Quote:
Such a sad group of MILs some of you seem to have. And I echo Sarah I'd be more than happy to step in as a grandma!!! It's really a wonderful job .... those crazy women don't know what they're missing!!!
I'm with Sarah & GG .... count me in ... I'l be Aunt Janet [or an older cousin!! ] ... Sam would also be happy to inherit some cousins!!

Jenny: for getting back your refund AND for booking the POLY!!!

Christine ..."peanut" looks adorable!! Fingers crossed that the adoption comes thru ... peanut will be lucky to have you [and think how happy Rosie will be!]

Miss... think our Peeps covered the birthday gift thing, $25 is good, I like the crafts/jewelry ideas, also my DD loved Littlest Pet Shop .... Not sure if this is still popular at all.

Hi to eveyone that I've missed!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 11-27-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #477
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

32 pages in and I found the new RC thread...

Hoping you all are well. It has been a busy time for me. And I've been waaaaaay preoccupied with Hurricane Sandy and her wrath on my hometown. Lots of friends and family have lost everything. I am going up this weekend to do what I can to pitch in...

I see lots of illness going around. I hope you all feel better soon. Both my DH and our travel pal P fell sick last night... and we are leaving here today for a couple days at WDW to meet them. Now I may have to RC change again to be closer to them if it winds up that P2 and I will end up doing most of the "funning" while the guys moan and groan. We'll see.

Take good care.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #478
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Hey Guys....

I am back at work today, still not feeling 100%, but I think if I just don't eat, I will be ok...

I slept from 1-4 yesterday afternoon, but then had to get the girls and bring DD6 to gymnastics....DH had late flights last night and couldn't get home.

Then I slept from 9:30 to 6:30 this morning. Still achy, but...what are you gonna do???

The good news is that I have no energy to do any RC's!

Thanks for all the well wishes!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #479
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh the RC gods are smiling down on you for sure!!!! YAY!!!! Guess Poly is meant to be

Yes and no on Target, I am looking for the solid long sleeve tees they always have and for whatever reason don't have this year yet in the stores. But I did get everything else. I am so tired and scattered brain that I left a bag at the register, good thing I realized it when I got to the truck and ran back in and got it. I could really use a nap

So happy with the Poly! Never again on the nonrefundables... what was I thinking?!?!

Hope you got your nap and can still get your long sleeve T's!

Quote:
I want to thank all of you for being so welcoming and the advice on my resort change
When I called, I was able to get a std club room at BWI...with two little ones, the hike to the lounge from a cottage would've been tough (but not impossible!) so I requested large balcony, boardwalk view, 4th floor if at all possible.

I already heard back from their IPO twice!! Compared to GF IPO, i am loving the Epcot resorts
Sounds like a good move. Be ready for the long winding halls and the one area I called at artic freeze zone! You'll know what I mean when you get there! BWI CL is great. I hope you love it!

Quote:
Mind you, if we were magically upgraded to CL at YC, I'd not turn it down! Hubs and I came to the conclusion, after this past trip, that CL just wasn't worth it for our little lot and how we roll. We never found ourselves at the hotel -- other than sleeping and swimming. We do love going over to ESPN, too ... really enjoyed Bluezoo and have to go to Fresh for breakfast (when we're not at the parks). It kinda decided it for us.

Ya know, YC & BC CL really could go with a little something different that sets them apart from the other CLs. Like how the Poly has that lovely punch, the scones at GF, the food at AKL and cobbler at WL? It's just missing that little extra something special, I think so anyway. Having said all that, the staff on CL (at BC anyway) have been standout good the past two trips -- IPO, too. Don't mind me, I'm just theorizing -- a.k.a. talking to myself -- here!

I keep looking for mousekeeping. They never turn up.

I was just at Target. I need to stay out of the little dollar section. Almost bought all of The Christmas Story tchotchkes. C'mon weekend... can't wait to hear your review of CR!
Target dollar section is lethal for me. Must.have.one.of.everything!!!!!

Mousekeeping! Me too!

I totally agree about YC/BC missing something. I know they do the whole "seafood" thing, but it just isn't quite enough. Oh well, as long as the booze is flowing, I'll be a happy camper

Quote:

Yeaaaaaah! Sweet split.
Super happy about it.It will probably stick. Even DH thinks so.

Quote:
I need help... I'm clueless.

I know this is where I should ask:

Kiddo got invited to a birthday party. What sorts of things does one give a girl turning 6? How much should I spend?

(You'd think having a girl of roughly the same age would make this easy but it doesn't; I'm too inept at social norms.

One thing I do love about this party -- they're holding at a local no-kill animal shelter. Such a sweet idea for kids and brings money to the organization. We almost adopted from this particular place but went with our mutt who was living in a foster home. It was love at first sight.
First, no self-depreciation! I do that myself, so I notice it on others. No more! You are a sweet, funny, smart lady. Don't forget it.

Moving on.... what a great idea for a party. Do you think you'll come home with a new friend? The other ladies already helped with a gift idea and I'm no help with my testosterone filled house anyway.

Quote:

Enablers, we are. But just for you.... No internets for you! Sorry you won't see this because I hexed your system.

Quote:

Hope Bree feels better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Hi Kook!

Quote:

They had all new stuff in the dollar bins. When I notice it was stuff I hadn't seen before, it was moth-to-flame time. Can't. resist. Okay, that settles it... headed BACK to Target tomorrow to pick up a Friends Lego set. (and some other stuff too, more than likely. ) Thanks for the help.

Heya Kookster!
Stay away from those dollar bins!

Quote:
[COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

Poo, but then it may be something he'll just have to get used to. He and I just don't like bathrooms with toilets that close to the door that open in, instead of out.
Ok, I let the first one slide but this is the second time you've said "poo" while referencing a bathroom. I've got 3 elementary school boys. Sorry. <hangs head in shame>

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post

Hoping you all are well. It has been a busy time for me. And I've been waaaaaay preoccupied with Hurricane Sandy and her wrath on my hometown. Lots of friends and family have lost everything. I am going up this weekend to do what I can to pitch in...

I see lots of illness going around. I hope you all feel better soon. Both my DH and our travel pal P fell sick last night... and we are leaving here today for a couple days at WDW to meet them. Now I may have to RC change again to be closer to them if it winds up that P2 and I will end up doing most of the "funning" while the guys moan and groan. We'll see.

Take good care.

Hi Magic. Sorry about your friends and family I hope the menfolk feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hey Guys....

I am back at work today, still not feeling 100%, but I think if I just don't eat, I will be ok...

I slept from 1-4 yesterday afternoon, but then had to get the girls and bring DD6 to gymnastics....DH had late flights last night and couldn't get home.

Then I slept from 9:30 to 6:30 this morning. Still achy, but...what are you gonna do???

The good news is that I have no energy to do any RC's!

Thanks for all the well wishes!
Feeling a little better is good. No RCing is great! BC FTW!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #480
pas130
DIS Veteran

Safe travels Sheila!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy BWI, Osbourne Lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOHOO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
pas having booked the GF already for the summer trip I anticipate fewer changes this time around. You are already at our beloved GF
The only changes I will make are ADRs and I can't settle on which Beach to stay....I am eyeing up DVC at Vero Beach!!!!

Quote:
Because of my knee I'm a little behind schedule but I did manage to get all the fall decorations down this morning. Then it'll be off to storage to get all the Christmas stuff .... I just don't know which of my themes to do this year ... Santa or woodsy or Disney!!

Have a great day!
Please get some rest so your boo boos heal Mama!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Yippee!!! A kind soul at the Dolphin heard my plea for help and allowed me to dump my nonrefundable ressie for a full refund!
Which makes room for my newest addition....

3 nights at Poly GV
I like this change!!!!!!!

Quote:
. I could really use a nap

I hope you got some rest Melissa!!!

Quote:

YAY!!!!!

Quote:
Boring moms are cool though, right? Right!

I was just at Target. I need to stay out of the little dollar section. Almost bought all of The Christmas Story tchotchkes.
Boring moms are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And BTW I spent 47 bucks in the dollar section

Quote:

I love the setting for the party!!! Glad everyone helped with the gift suggestions!! I was going to suggest littlest pet shop or squinkies (keeping the animal theme)

Quote:

Target was calling our names, LOL! I hope Bree is okay HUGS!

Hi Kook!!!

Bree is OK, strep throat. Yucks ran through the hough all week, but she has had a fever and that lovely croupy cough so i brought her in, glad I did!

Kook

Quote:

Oh no, poor Bree. What's wrong?
She's okay...loving being home and with Motrin she's feverfree and tormenting the dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
think about when you can meet up for dinner! [Pas .. you too ]

Oh Pas, do hope it is nothing serious with our Bree!
Soon I hope....need to keep myself in a bubble...no germies for Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post

Take good care.
Magic's in the house!!!! hope the boys get well soon...sick men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Hang in there Candace!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Ok, I let the first one slide but this is the second time you've said "poo" while referencing a bathroom. I've got 3 elementary school boys. Sorry. <hangs head in shame>

And those Target Dollar bins...I usually get 3 or 5 of everythiing

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: