Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #436
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I always spend the first few days after vacation looking for my snack room.
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #437
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Oh, and PS. I'm on the prowl again. Word is that the GF courtyard pool won't be done until Spring 2013 and Gasparillas should be done late December, whatever that means....

CR TPV is looking pretty right about now. If I could get it with a snack room I'd be sold!

Stupid stupid CL
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-27-2012, 05:38 AM   #438
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,678

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Oh, and PS. I'm on the prowl again. Word is that the GF courtyard pool won't be done until Spring 2013 and Gasparillas should be done late December, whatever that means....

CR TPV is looking pretty right about now. If I could get it with a snack room I'd be sold!

Stupid stupid CL
Stupid, stupid CL.

So, where ya prowling to?

Slept on it, still thinking. Don't know why it's so hard for me to pull the trigger.
No, I know....we still need new tires, we still want to finish the basement, we still want to replace the flooring in our kitchen.....you know....non Disney stuff

Feeling.....responsible

Not POR/value responsible!!!! Just BC GV (no CL) and poss no SWW responsible....
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:19 AM   #439
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Stupid, stupid CL.

So, where ya prowling to?

Slept on it, still thinking. Don't know why it's so hard for me to pull the trigger.
No, I know....we still need new tires, we still want to finish the basement, we still want to replace the flooring in our kitchen.....you know....non Disney stuff

Feeling.....responsible

Not POR/value responsible!!!! Just BC GV (no CL) and poss no SWW responsible....
Rats....I hate it when real life responsibility gets in the way of Disney!! Happens a bit around here too. So...as it stands you are BC still right?
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #440
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,678

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Rats....I hate it when real life responsibility gets in the way of Disney!! Happens a bit around here too. So...as it stands you are BC still right?


BC, BC, BC!!!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:32 AM   #441
jcondrad
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
Asked DH what he would rather spend $1000 on....another trip (SWW) or CL for April trip....he said CL!!!!!

Now, I'm all sorts of confused. I really liked CL, but I think DH really LOVED it!!!
I don't know what to do. I'm still thinking.

If I chose CL, I would do it at YC....and I think we would probably get more use out of it in April, because of the location and our lack of the DDP for this trip.....

aaaaaaauuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, that felt good.
I agree with your hubby! Do CL!!!
__________________
Jenn

jcondrad is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #442
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
THE trip? The one of many you mean? We know our Jeanette. I'm just wondering how many times it'll change back and forth before it lands on GF again. We need to start a public service campaign for those poor CRO people -- like the "Be Kind, Rewind" one. Need a catchy slogan though...


I know she would absolutely adore them! She had a blast hanging out with Jen's kids for the few minutes we met up at BC in September. Must be an only-child thing... she LOVES being with other kids. (Or mommy's just extremely boring. )
My kiddos just love everyone...maybe I'm boring too

It's been almost 6 days....no changes..I only have under 9 months to go



Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
Hi everyone! New to the thread by fit in completely! Lol! We originally were booked YC CL for our December trip...then we found out a new baby would arrive in July and hubby started a new job, so we switched to Pop. Solely thinking to save a ton of money. Realized we would be extremely unhappy at a value, had the money to book BC CL. But then AP came out and hubby always wanted to stay GF.
So same money we'd be spending before but are now Sugarloaf for half the trip and RPC for last couple days.
Now I'm considering trying a whole new resort instead of sugarloaf...really wanted RPC for the whole trip but its not available 1 day in the middle of the trip.
and congrats on the babes!!!! keep RPC and do the split with YC CL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Let's make it more complicated.......Just found out that I am getting a $900 performance bonus at work in January
Oh boy ~ Congrats Candace you worked hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

Sometimes even a diehard RCer gets it right the first time! I'd say it's definitely GF time for the pas crew. GV wll be perfect. CL x 2 is really a poor value. Really. Of course I only tell you that because it helps resist the urge.

A cupcake tour sounds wonderful!
I can't believe I don't even want CL this trip Because I want GF! DH asked how much YC was ($600 more with CL and $750 less without it) So he was like just book YC...uhhhh...nooooooooooooooooooo YC has the cool pool, BUT those looooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnng halls, standard view no monorail, no EWP, no castle...no thank you.

Since we just did CL, I know that we really didn't get value at all so I'd rather use the $600 at Gasparilla's or GF Cafe. I did initially did YC CL but followed up GF GV before the deposit even was applied



Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
When it comes down to it, I think the DH would prefer what ever resort gives the best discount.
Mine too!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
This! Maybe our hubs are related?
Great possibility they are all related!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
Haha! I was leaning towards BWI since we've been to BC already and the Yacht Club is almost one in the same. I'm already slightly disappointed with IPO from GF. They haven't been helpful at all...hoping the club staff makes up for it!
The CL staff will not disappoint!!! IMHO...mind you I haven't stayed there since Summer 2011 BUT YC CL gets great marks up against BC CL...BWI CL gets rave reviews as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi jcondrad, I'm still getting caught up from our trip, so my posts have been sorta short. Just wanted to add my two cents...
I love, love the Yacht, Beach and BWI IPO. They are really fantastic. Whether I email them, or call, they are always so responsive and prompt.
If you book CL at any of the Epcot resorts, I think you'll like them.
Hi G!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So...DH and I were just talking and if there is either FD or a room discount that comes out for our May dates, we will change to the

BEACH CLUB!!!

Now let's just keep our fingers crossed for some discounts!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Asked DH what he would rather spend $1000 on....another trip (SWW) or CL for April trip....he said CL!!!!!

Now, I'm all sorts of confused. I really liked CL, but I think DH really LOVED it!!!
I don't know what to do. I'm still thinking.

If I chose CL, I would do it at YC....and I think we would probably get more use out of it in April, because of the location and our lack of the DDP for this trip.....

aaaaaaauuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, that felt good.
You definitely wouldn't use it during SWW...are you doing a park intensive April trip?? If so, you'd be better off getting drinks...ie. the Grey Goose Slushies...and Starring Rolls cupcakes..pizza from the BW...etc....what is going on am I talking you OUT of CL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I am such a hot mess right now!!! I am totally panicking!!!
Stock the fridge ! There's the solarium at BC if you need a cool place to chill...or swim!! You will have plenty to do...but I hear ya! I've spent thousands for cookies/cupcakes, and extra TLC...think of all the AG accessories you can buy with the savings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
We got home a couple of hours ago, my husband just sat down to do some work- he leaves for Germany tomorrow - with his Arby's cup and says.. I sure miss have my glass of wine, looking out over the lobby...
Welcome home!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Welcome back. I hope you had a great trip! I always spend the first few days after vacation looking for my snack room.


Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Oh, and PS. I'm on the prowl again. Word is that the GF courtyard pool won't be done until Spring 2013 and Gasparillas should be done late December, whatever that means....

CR TPV is looking pretty right about now. If I could get it with a snack room I'd be sold!

Stupid stupid CL
How about WL CL???
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #443
jcondrad
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 317

Okay everyone convinced me to do a split stay at BWI/GF RPC! I'm calling today...looking like it'll be a garden cottage on the AP rates. Any suggestions for requests?
__________________
Jenn

jcondrad is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #444
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
Okay everyone convinced me to do a split stay at BWI/GF RPC! I'm calling today...looking like it'll be a garden cottage on the AP rates. Any suggestions for requests?
Balcony...they don't all have balconies...have you seen Kooks thread?? She also did a CL TR?? (she's one of us)
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #445
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Yesterday got away from me too quickly, so I am sitting down to catch up before I even jump in the shower and get going today.

Letthewookiein - I was at your Fudgie the Whale comment, that is what DS19 always wants as well, it must be something about the teen boys

Candace - WOOHOO on the bonus Okay, responsible isn’t bad. I think you can live without CL at BC, no great views, etc. Then wait and decide on SWW, you have time.

Miss – so sorry that the IL’s are so bad to DD, it is a shame that they treat her like that. Again, I just don’t get it! Oh yes, I have the necessities for the trip!!! Evening drinks on the balcony are a must

Jen – I applaud you for being polite with MIL, I am passed that point. I am pretty rude to her now, I finally snapped a few years ago after constantly being berated and criticized. Oh Beach Club keeping my fingers crossed for discounts for you!!!

Jeanette – it sounds like summer at GF is meant to be, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!

Jenn – Welcome and congrats on the upcoming baby! I think I read the IPO for the GF is the same as CR, right?? If so I totally agree. I emailed them over the weekend with 2 quick questions and got a very generic, we cant help you right now response I am hoping the CR CL staff is much better! My kids are so excited to be so close to MK and beyond ecstatic to get the “snack room” for the first time. We didn’t stay CL at YC, but we LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it, just throwing in my two cents

i_heart – DH loves his Bacardi Torched Cherry, it is a cherry rum that he mixes with diet coke, he says it tastes like cherry coke. He used to use the Bacardi Limon but then tried the cherry and LOVES it. I take it the TPV CL is long gone, maybe something will open up??? Is just TPV available? Is it worth booking that and hoping a CL rooms opens up

Hi Ginny!!!

DetTigsGal - welcome home! How long is DH gone to Germany for? Can't wait to hear about your trip!


Happy Tuesday everyone
Melissa
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #446
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Jeanette – it sounds like summer at GF is meant to be, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!

Melissa
Agreed Melissa!!!! I missed the GF when we stayed at Poly....Not when we were at WL though!!! WL was perfect!!!! DH already is making comments about GF...but he liked it there too, and he may like it more without CL...more laid back for him...I hope
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #447
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Can I just say I hate when I finally get to target and They don't have what I need, ugh! off to another town and another target, hopefully they have what I need.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #448
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,092

Good morning, as usual trying to catch up!

For those of you that have terrible MILs . How can a grandparent not want to smother their grandchildren with LOVE?!! I have met miss's and jenny's children and they are all sweet, lovely young ladies. I would happily be surrogate Grandmother to any of them

Sjs, are you getting excited? You leave tomorrow!!! Have a wonderful trip! Are you going to the Candlelight Processional?

babyberger, glad you healed nicely and can put that behind you. I hope your DS feels better and does well with his tests! Are you leaving on Friday or Saturday for WDW? You are staying at the Contemporary, correct?

I wonder if Magic is back from NC and shooting pumpkins?! She has a trip coming up also I believe!

I can't keep up with all the changes....help! Please post in BOLD anything I can add or change on the RC list!

pas having booked the GF already for the summer trip I anticipate fewer changes this time around. You are already at our beloved GF

Welcome to our newest members of the RC family!

I am out of the Clinical Trial officially next Monday. Having some swallowing issues, can't swallow the HUGE pills they give me, so we move on. Seeing an espophigial specialist next week, who happens to be the surgeon who did both my lung surgeries. He is great, we "negotiated" timing of a surgery a few years ago around a WDW vacation. My kind of doctor!
__________________
TY KOOK! TY Lulu'smom!
Jungle Cruiser is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #449
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Good morning, as usual trying to catch up!

For those of you that have terrible MILs . How can a grandparent not want to smother their grandchildren with LOVE?!! I have met miss's and jenny's children and they are all sweet, lovely young ladies. I would happily be surrogate Grandmother to any of them

Sjs, are you getting excited? You leave tomorrow!!! Have a wonderful trip! Are you going to the Candlelight Processional?

babyberger, glad you healed nicely and can put that behind you. I hope your DS feels better and does well with his tests! Are you leaving on Friday or Saturday for WDW? You are staying at the Contemporary, correct?

I wonder if Magic is back from NC and shooting pumpkins?! She has a trip coming up also I believe!

I can't keep up with all the changes....help! Please post in BOLD anything I can add or change on the RC list!

pas having booked the GF already for the summer trip I anticipate fewer changes this time around. You are already at our beloved GF

Welcome to our newest members of the RC family!

I am out of the Clinical Trial officially next Monday. Having some swallowing issues, can't swallow the HUGE pills they give me, so we move on. Seeing an espophigial specialist next week, who happens to be the surgeon who did both my lung surgeries. He is great, we "negotiated" timing of a surgery a few years ago around a WDW vacation. My kind of doctor!




Hi Sarah! DH was just asking about you last night, and how you were doing. Thanks for sweet comment about the girls, you know they took an instant shining to you too.

Sorry you are having some swallowing issues, and hope your doctor can help you.
You are always going through a lot aren't you. I admire your wonderful positive personality.

BTW may I pick your brains on the Beach Club at some point???
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #450
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,092

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
[/B]


Hi Sarah! DH was just asking about you last night, and how you were doing. Thanks for sweet comment about the girls, you know they took an instant shining to you too.

Sorry you are having some swallowing issues, and hope your doctor can help you.
You are always going through a lot aren't you. I admire your wonderful positive personality.

BTW may I pick your brains on the Beach Club at some point???
Absolutely! I love the BC, ask away! We are home all day, it's snowing hard so a good day to stay inside and do stuff around the house
__________________
TY KOOK! TY Lulu'smom!
Jungle Cruiser is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.