Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #31
pas130
DIS Veteran

The princesses are packing....

I am still working on my second cup of coffee.

And hrh told me she wants to stay at mvmcp until midnight...maybe main st. Does need that Starbucks....LOL
Old 11-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #32
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

Count me in to this group!!!! Originally booked from 12/31- 1/7: 1 night at POR, 6 nights renting points at AKV (so that ressies not going to change! LOL LOL)..... Then, decided I wanted to be able to walk to Epcot on New Years Eve and switched to 1 night at the Dolphin, SCORE!...... THEN, I thought, why are we leaving on Monday, when we COULD be leaving on Saturday!?!? So I booked 2 nights at Pop Century 12/29-12/31..... and finally, yesterday called to see if any LM standard rooms were still available at AoA.... and they WERE so made the switch to be spending our 1st 2 nights at AoA, then to the Dolphin for 1 night, and finally, ending at AKV Kidani for 6 nights.... I think these plans are pretty much set in stone now UNLESS I get a free upgrade email or something bc AoA is overbooked!!! LOL LOL LOL Only time will tell.....
September '13- Boardwalk & Disneyland Hotel, December '12- 10-Year New Years Anniversary Trip- AoA, BCV & AKV Kidani, November '11- Old Key West, February '11- Family Trip- AKV Kidani & SSR, September '10- Disneyland Grand Californian, September '09- POR & Polynesian, October '08- CSR, March '08- Old Key West, October '07- <3 Disneymoon at BCV <3, '05- All Star Movies, '02- Polynesian, '01- Contemporary, '00- Girls Graduation Trip- Caribbean Beach, '98- Port Orleans French Quarter, '96- Port Orleans French Quarter, '94- All Star Music, '92 Contemporary & COUNTLESS off-property trips that I won't count
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #33
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Good sleepy morning. Still relaxing in bed ..... hey it's only 7:30 here in the land of the laid back Sundays! Been so busy yarn shopping and knitting that I haven't even been online.

My trip is Jan 7th - 29th ...... RC portion is 9th -13th.

Someone please explain Fat Wallet to me. I feel like I'm missing out on something!

I NEED COFFEE!!! Where is that coffee boy???
Old 11-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #34
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna319
Count me in to this group!!!! Originally booked from 12/31- 1/7: 1 night at POR, 6 nights renting points at AKV (so that ressies not going to change! LOL LOL)..... Then, decided I wanted to be able to walk to Epcot on New Years Eve and switched to 1 night at the Dolphin, SCORE!...... THEN, I thought, why are we leaving on Monday, when we COULD be leaving on Saturday!?!? So I booked 2 nights at Pop Century 12/29-12/31..... and finally, yesterday called to see if any LM standard rooms were still available at AoA.... and they WERE so made the switch to be spending our 1st 2 nights at AoA, then to the Dolphin for 1 night, and finally, ending at AKV Kidani for 6 nights.... I think these plans are pretty much set in stone now UNLESS I get a free upgrade email or something bc AoA is overbooked!!! LOL LOL LOL Only time will tell.....
Glad you found the new thread Jenna!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma
Good sleepy morning. Still relaxing in bed ..... hey it's only 7:30 here in the land of the laid back Sundays! Been so busy yarn shopping and knitting that I haven't even been online.

Someone please explain Fat Wallet to me. I feel like I'm missing out on something!

Uh oh..I have no clue mama what fat wallet is...wish I had one though....
Old 11-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #35
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post

Another knitter!!!

GG, locations for the January trip please!

AND yes, another day without power

miss, sorry to hear about the migraine. Feel better!!!

I have to say I am intrigued by the idea of SB coming to WDW. Am a coffee lover and I have to say that Nescafé is pretty nasty. As long as the theming is okay, I would be happy to be able to get a cup of SB, especially in January when it's cold in the evening. They already have Coke products displayed at Club Cool at EPCOT and isn't there a McD fries over in Frontierland?

KOOK, what a nice read this morning of 2012 RC changes Kookster style! I forgot you started at my beloved GF...
Old 11-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #36
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser

Another knitter!!!

I have to say I am intrigued by the idea of SB coming to WDW. Am a coffee lover and I have to say that Nescafé is pretty nasty. As long as the theming is okay, I would be happy to be able to get a cup of SB, especially in January when it's cold in the evening. They already have Coke products displayed at Club Cool at EPCOT and isn't there a McD fries over in Frontierland?
And mcd at ak....Sarah..the voice of reason...maybe its because I'd rather do Dunkin...lol
Old 11-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #37
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Another knitter!!!

KOOK, what a nice read this morning of 2012 RC changes Kookster style! I forgot you started at my beloved GF...
Locations for January trip .....

Jan 7th - 9th - triple booked - POP, LM, FQ
Jan 9th - 13th - double booked POP & FQ ... I think WL was canceled
Jan 13th - 21st - offsite at a Sheraton timeshare - 1 bedroom
Jan 21st - 27th - offsite at a Sheraton timeshare - 2 bedroom
Jan 27th & 28th - POP

Old 11-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #38
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Locations for January trip .....

Jan 27th & 28th - POP

This is pretty bad when I have to quote myself!!! I'm so confused!

Please change all the FQ to POR .... I forgot we canceled FQ when we made the WL reservation!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #39
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

I am here... it is very nice to be accepted eventhough I don't really change...I do it all in my head before I book. But, this trip I actually did change, 1day after I booked the GF for T'giving was reading their thread and realized construction of the courtyard pool and Gasparillas would be happening..,I came upon your lovely thread when I was trying to figure out where to go.

So in my mind this trip was... GF, CR TPV, BC, BWI CL and finally the winner WL CL ( thank you kook), but in Disney's mind it was GF, WL CL
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #40
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Ack page 3! I'm here. Thanks for the new thread pas!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #41
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

We are staying at AKL in august but I feel a change coming on I hope it's not a repeat of 2011 when I changed from the YC to AKL to BC to CSR back to BC and ended up at POFQ

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #42
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130
You know BFF, I was thinking the SAME thing.... You can just edit the post and you're one pg.1 right after Sarah...
:
Great minds think alike ... Just 2 more days!!!!!

Do not know how to multi quote on the IPhone so will just send out a big hello to ally RC peeps! On the way home from Rochester - we were moving my mom to assisted living.

Melissa and Miss ... Hope those migraines are all gone ...

MM ... Happy that DH is home!

Sarah .. So nice to see you posting ....

Hope everyone had a great weekend !!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 11-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #43
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Yay for the new thread! I feel like I need to go catch up on the old one but 3 pages is so nice and clean :-)

An update on us - DS won his Toy Bowl game last week as I am sure all my FB friends saw (I was a bit excited lol). We just came from a banquet to celebrate! Of course since football was over, we had to transition to basketball last week - no rest for te weary! We unfortunately had a death in the family which do,minuted most of the weekend - so very sad as my aunt was wayyy too young. Just hanging out at home now doing laundry and watching a game on tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger
Posting and replying on the new thread

So I lost it on DD this morning, I have been asking her for 2 weeks to pick it up and she in normal Sarah fashion screams, whines and complains and never does it. After our screaming match I ended up sitting on the hard tile floor and picking up and organizing the play room…needless to say that did me in for a bit So DH and I decided we would wait until latter to grocery shop, which worked out perfect. The Polar Express DVD I ordered on Thursday from Amazon was delivered today (with free super saver shipping!!!)so after dinner we put that in and left the little ones with the big one and grocery shopped in peace!!!!! We came home to everyone quiet on the couch

IHTM – I thought about rebooking my Feb trip using Fat Wallet and Hotels.com but I already bought GC’s to pay of my resort while I was getting 5% back in rewards on my dis visa. I am hoping for another 5% or so if they ever release AP rates Oh I love a good caramel macchiato as well, as I said to Miss I just don’t want to be staring at a big green Sbux sign as I walk down Main Street. I would be thrilled if Sbux went in all over Disney and I could get REAL coffee, I just think they need to do it carefully.

Melissa
Hugs for the mommy meltdown Melissa! Oh have I been there!!

So do tell how you got 5% back in rewards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Starbucks will replace Fountainview Ice Cream in Epcot:

This location will be closed March 2013 through Mid-Summer 2013 to convert to a Starbucks location. The restaurant and cast member costumes will be themed to fit in with the futuristic atmosphere of Epcot. Offerings will include Starbucks beverages, artisan breakfast sandwiches and a selection of baked goods, including muffins, scones and specialty treats.
hmm not sure how I feel about this. I live a good cup of coffee but I also love smelling those waffles cones when we walk by the spot! We've only stopped once or twice though.
Quote:

Jan 27th & 28th - POP

Loll so are you really staying the whole month??
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal
I am here... it is very nice to be accepted eventhough I don't really change...I do it all in my head before I book. But, this trip I actually did change, 1day after I booked the GF for T'giving was reading their thread and realized construction of the courtyard pool and Gasparillas would be happening..,I came upon your lovely thread when I was trying to figure out where to go.

So in my mind this trip was... GF, CR TPV, BC, BWI CL and finally the winner WL CL ( thank you kook), but in Disney's mind it was GF, WL CL
I am just like you! I do all my changing before I book! This last time, I did change dates after booking but not resorts. So my next trip might be next October - adults only. Thinking we will stay BWI, swan or dolphin. Also hoping to insert a family trip somewhere in there.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 11-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #44
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This is pretty bad when I have to quote myself!!! I'm so confused!

Please change all the FQ to POR .... I forgot we canceled FQ when we made the WL reservation!!!
LOL...no wonder you're confused mama....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal

You belong here...you've changed..you've found us...and we are oh so fond of you...not to mention you have awesome taste in resorts!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse
Ack page 3! I'm here. Thanks for the new thread pas!
yay!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35
We are staying at AKL in august but I feel a change coming on I hope it's not a repeat of 2011 when I changed from the YC to AKL to BC to CSR back to BC and ended up at POFQ
Welcome back!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

Great minds think alike ... Just 2 more days!!!!!

Do not know how to multi quote on the IPhone so will just send out a big hello to ally RC peeps! On the way home from Rochester - we were moving my mom to assisted living
hope the transition was smooth BFF! I don't Multiquote too well on the phone either....reminds me...Can you pm stepdisney so she can find us??? I'm computerless. Phooey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey
Yay for the new thread! I feel like I need to go catch up on the old one but 3 pages is so nice and clean :-)

An update on us - DS won his Toy Bowl game last week as I am sure all my FB friends saw (I was a bit excited lol). We just came from a banquet to celebrate! Of course since football was over, we had to transition to basketball last week - no rest for te weary! We unfortunately had a death in the family which do,minuted most of the weekend - so very sad as my aunt was wayyy too young. Just hanging out at home now doing laundry and watching a game on tv.
Very sorry for the loss of your Aunt* big hugs

Congrats to your son!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #45
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Posting for no other reason than....

It's my 5000th post!!!!

And I didn't want to do it anywhere else...

basketlacey - so sorry to hear about your aunt.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: