Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #331
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Ladies, I am on the verge of ordering 3 American Dolls for my DD's at $400+ altogether (and maybe more depending on customs charges). Does anyone have DD's that have an American Girl? I know Heather's daughter seems very attached to hers, just looking for more opinions. DH is very against spending this much money on 'dolls' but I remember as a child how much I wanted a cabbage patch doll. And I think the price to my parents was relative to these dolls nowadays.

I feel that we will spend just as much on other things that they may not want as much and these would be from us not 'Santa'. Help!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #332
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Ladies, I am on the verge of ordering 3 American Dolls for my DD's at $400+ altogether (and maybe more depending on customs charges). Does anyone have DD's that have an American Girl? I know Heather's daughter seems very attached to hers, just looking for more opinions. DH is very against spending this much money on 'dolls' but I remember as a child how much I wanted a cabbage patch doll. And I think the price to my parents was relative to these dolls nowadays.

I feel that we will spend just as much on other things that they may not want as much and these would be from us not 'Santa'. Help!!!
I just ordered both girls their first ones and spent $280....it's the only thing they asked for, for Christmas...I should note that the $280 included a trundle bed for the dolls, and I got free shipping...I agree, it's a lot of money, but there is no way I could disappoint my babies and its better than video games soooooo....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #333
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I really think it depends on your girls. I know so many people who have them for their DD's and are so into it. They go to the stores, lunch, etc. My DD even at 7 would not be responsible enough. She looses things and it is not the gentlest girl out there. I think you have to know that your girls will take care of that "investment".

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #334
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I really think it depends on your girls. I know so many people who have them for their DD's and are so into it. They go to the stores, lunch, etc. My DD even at 7 would not be responsible enough. She looses things and it is not the gentlest girl out there. I think you have to know that your girls will take care of that "investment".

Agreed. My girls both have iPod touches, which cost more than the American Girl dolls and they are very good with those, so I was pretty comfortable with the dolls...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #335
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I just ordered both girls their first ones and spent $280....it's the only thing they asked for, for Christmas...I should note that the $280 included a trundle bed for the dolls, and I got free shipping...I agree, it's a lot of money, but there is no way I could disappoint my babies and its better than video games soooooo....
Quote:

Thanks ladies...what to do??? It is hard because I can just see them in my minds eye sitting down beside the couches playing with the dolls together. I just want them to be young forever!!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #336
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Agreed. My girls both have iPod touches, which cost more than the American Girl dolls and they are very good with those, so I was pretty comfortable with the dolls...
I take it you haven't had the fortunate experience of replacing a screen, just to have it dropped again and have it be the digitizer I also get insurance on their DS's which has paid off....ugh, I hate electronics.

But I can make you LOLfor sure...the only time my phone has gotten damaged was when I threw up all over it (and DH's car) after a wine tasting party. He never let me live it down!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #337
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

Thanks ladies...what to do??? It is hard because I can just see them in my minds eye sitting down beside the couches playing with the dolls together. I just want them to be young forever!!
See when I think about it, DD is hiding behind the couch giving her doll a haircut, LOL!!!!

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #338
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
See when I think about it, DD is hiding behind the couch giving her doll a haircut, LOL!!!!

Yes there is that too!!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #339
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I take it you haven't had the fortunate experience of replacing a screen, just to have it dropped again and have it be the digitizer I also get insurance on their DS's which has paid off....ugh, I hate electronics.

But I can make you LOLfor sure...the only time my phone has gotten damaged was when I threw up all over it (and DH's car) after a wine tasting party. He never let me live it down!!!

Electronics are tough! No my girls have not broken their screens, knock on wood...BUUT, on Election Day when one of our good friends daughters was in my care, she dropped her iPod touch face down on a rock (of course) and shattered the screen. Luckily...I work with someone who has a side business of repairing devices and replaced the screen for $40!! Good as new...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #340
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Electronics are tough! No my girls have not broken their screens, knock on wood...BUUT, on Election Day when one of our good friends daughters was in my care, she dropped her iPod touch face down on a rock (of course) and shattered the screen. Luckily...I work with someone who has a side business of repairing devices and replaced the screen for $40!! Good as new...
I think I am going to go for it. Wish me luck in the morning when DH finds out!!

And...done! Yay!

Last edited by jennyjinx3; 11-23-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #341
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

I think I am going to go for it. Wish me luck in the morning when DH finds out!!

And...done! Yay!
Woohoo!!! The girls will love you for this I am sure!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #342
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And...done! Yay!
Woooohoooooo!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #343
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning RCers!!!

Quote:

And...done! Yay!

I think yall will make great memories with the dolls!!! Just think....

Birthday parties at the AG Restaurant....

Disney Minnie and Princess outfits....

Fun! Fun!! You can get outfits at Target that are a bit cheaper than the AG clothes. Did you get the look-a-like dolls or the others that have names?

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 11-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #344
babyberger
DIS Veteran

i_heart - I just ready your CL split stay mini review. Well I am happy we haven't stayed CL at Dis yet and shouldn't be too disappointed with the CR CL Besides not having good to go cups, how was the coffee in the CL? I usually bring my travel Keurig but won't schlep it if the coffee is decent. I am also happy about not having to bring milk and juice boxes with me! Oh and one more question, did they have plastic bottles of water to take with us or sold I just bring my own like I usually do?

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #345
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland
Good Morning RCers!!!

I think yall will make great memories with the dolls!!! Just think....

Birthday parties at the AG Restaurant....

Disney Minnie and Princess outfits....

Fun! Fun!! You can get outfits at Target that are a bit cheaper than the AG clothes. Did you get the look-a-like dolls or the others that have names?

Heather
I really wish my DD was better with her stuff, I think the AG parties are so cute!!!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: