Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #316
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Oops, DD1 just woke up crying. Poor thing is teething.

Don't want to leave you hanging if I don't respond. Will be back to check in after I get her back to bed.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Next up.... Mar 14 - BC

Old 11-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #317
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Jen - you sooooo know you will end up at Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
Can I ask you guys a question??? Way personal, and probably wine induced...
yes of course!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse

I'm still holding my GF/Dolphin ressies. I discovered some unexpected money in my mother's estate and I think I'm staying put. I can't think of a better way to spend money that I don't want than on something that we loved to do together

Atrium Club! Woohoo! Happy Hannukah indeed I think you are going to love it. The flatbreads in the lounge are
I think it is a perfect way the money, especially together as a family! You will always have the memories of a perfect night!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #318
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

This is big. DH wants another baby.

I was kind of ambivalent about it for years, thinking our two girls were perfect. Now, I'm kind of thinking it would be nice to have 1 or 2 more. (DH wants twins!!!)

Anyhow, I have not been on any kind of birth control since 2008 and we do nothing to prevent pregnancy and nothing has happened. I've never given it much thought until recently. When DD6 was 1 she had been diagnosed with a peanut allergy...that scared me to death and I remember constantly praying that she would outgrow it, I even said I would give up the ability to have more kids for DD to be 100% healthy...when she was 3 she was deemed to have outgrown the allergy...she eats peanut products like nobodys business. I am so happy. But, do you think my promise is a reason why nothing has happened??

I know that sounds stupid, and we have not actively been trying (we used ovulation kits, etc....with the other two) but really??? 4 years and nothing??? Odd, right???

Ugh, I feel so stupid bringing this up. I also deny wanting more to DH...but now that we are 34 (me) and 35(DH), I feel it's now or never....

What to do???? . Do you think it's because DD was "healed"??? (I'm not overly religious...pray when I need to...you know)...

I know this is weird, but I have been thinking about it a lot lately...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #319
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is big. DH wants another baby.

I was kind of ambivalent about it for years, thinking our two girls were perfect. Now, I'm kind of thinking it would be nice to have 1 or 2 more. (DH wants twins!!!)

Anyhow, I have not been on any kind of birth control since 2008 and we do nothing to prevent pregnancy and nothing has happened. I've never given it much thought until recently. When DD6 was 1 she had been diagnosed with a peanut allergy...that scared me to death and I remember constantly praying that she would outgrow it, I even said I would give up the ability to have more kids for DD to be 100% healthy...when she was 3 she was deemed to have outgrown the allergy...she eats peanut products like no news business. I am so happy. But, do you think my promise is a reason why nothing has happened??

I know that sounds stupid, and we have not actively been trying (we used ovulation kits, etc....with the other two) but really??? 4 years and nothing??? Odd, right???

Ugh, I feel so stupid bringing this up. I also deny wanting more to DH...but now that we are 34 (me) and 35(DH), I feel it's now or never....

What to do???? . Do you think it's because DD was "healed"??? (I'm not overly religious...pray when I need to...you know)...

I know this is weird, but I have been thinking about it a lot lately...
I don't feel that DD was healed because if the promises you made. Nut allergies do tend to be outgrown around the 3 year mark. I know our pediatrician was hopeful that would be the case with Dd's cashew allergy. I think if you are feeling it and DH has always wanted it then go for it. Just because you haven't gotten pregnant doesn't mean you can't, it's all timing, which you know! My honest opinion is that if you don't try now, you will always wonder "what if".

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #320
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

My thoughts...take them with a grain of salt right now as I too have been partaking in wine....

I think it has nothing to do with your praying Candace. Maybe your timing has just been off, you mentioned you did use ovulation kits before? WARNING FOR TOO MUCH INFORMATION COMING...DH and I had to go on the everyday plan to conceive the DD's. Or maybe you have been thinking too much about the issue, and have mentally talked yourself out of it. I know stress can play a factor in it all also.

My personal opinion on having three kiddos is that it is chaotic, loud, busy, crazy and wonderful all at the same time. With your DD's ages, they would be wonderful helpers and they are independent now, which is a huge plus with an infant. I applaud you for even considering it!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #321
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I don't feel that DD was healed because if the promises you made. Nut allergies do tend to be outgrown around the 3 year mark. I know our pediatrician was hopeful that would be the case with Dd's cashew allergy. I think if you are feeling it and DH has always wanted it then go for it. Just because you haven't gotten pregnant doesn't mean you can't, it's all timing, which you know! My honest opinion is that if you don't try now, you will always wonder "what if".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
My thoughts...take them with a grain of salt right now as I too have been partaking in wine....

I think it has nothing to do with your praying Candace. Maybe your timing has just been off, you mentioned you did use ovulation kits before? WARNING FOR TOO MUCH INFORMATION COMING...DH and I had to go on the everyday plan to conceive the DD's. Or maybe you have been thinking too much about the issue, and have mentally talked yourself out of it. I know stress can play a factor in it all also.

My personal opinion on having three kiddos is that it is chaotic, loud, busy, crazy and wonderful all at the same time. With your DD's ages, they would be wonderful helpers and they are independent now, which is a huge plus with an infant. I applaud you for even considering it!
The everyday plan??? I don't think I could handle that, good for you!!!

And yeah...should we really be considering this, given that DH just called the girls downstairs to watch Jacka$$(edited version)....

I know we would wonder, but it's such an emotional roller coaster "trying"...when we were trying for DD8, it took us 7 months and it was heartbreaking every month to not be pregnant...it was the last month that we used an ovulation predictor kit and it worked....with DD6, once we decided to do it, we used an ovulation kit right away and got pregnant the 1st month!!!

I just don't know what to do, or whether to tell DH I want one too....I've been verbally resistant but emotionally open to it if that makes sense, but if I tell him I am on board I feel it will get more serious...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #322
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

And yeah...should we really be considering this, given that DH just called the girls downstairs to watch Jacka$$(edited version)....

I know we would wonder, but it's such an emotional roller coaster "trying"...when we were trying for DD8, it took us 7 months and it was heartbreaking every month to not be pregnant...it was the last month that we used an ovulation predictor kit and it worked....with DD6, once we decided to do it, we used an ovulation kit right away and got pregnant the 1st month!!!

I just don't know what to do, or whether to tell DH I want one too....I've been verbally resistant but emotionally open to it if that makes sense, but if I tell him I am on board I feel it will get more serious...
If you are emotionally open to it, then you have already been on a bit of a roller coaster haven't you? Maybe come clean with DH, and explain how you really feel. I bet it will help.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #323
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you are emotionally open to it, then you have already been on a bit of a roller coaster haven't you? Maybe come clean with DH, and explain how you really feel. I bet it will help.
I have.

Maybe I should just tell him, and let the chips fall where they lie.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #324
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It took us well over a year with DS9, we both went and got checked out we were so worried we weren't getting pregnant and that was with ovulation predictor kits. We finally decided to stop trying for 6 months and of course that is when it happened. DD was just like yours, first month trying and boom!

It is a very hard decision! We had planned on a 4th but after DD was born I knew I physically couldn't handle another. DH didn't accept that for a long time and always pushed. We finally sat down la couple years ago and talked it out because I didn't want him to regret it or have resentment towards me. I think he will always be a little sad about it but he understands all of my reasons. I was really worried when I had my IUD taken out and I put all my trust in him LOL!!!

I think you need to really think about wether you want to start over and if this is for you or for him.

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #325
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It took us well over a year with DS9, we both went and got checked out we were so worried we weren't getting pregnant and that was with ovulation predictor kits. We finally decided to stop trying for 6 months and of course that is when it happened. DD was just like yours, first month trying and boom!

It is a very hard decision! We had planned on a 4th but after DD was born I knew I physically couldn't handle another. DH didn't accept that for a long time and always pushed. We finally sat down la couple years ago and talked it out because I didn't want him to regret it or have resentment towards me. I think he will always be a little sad about it but he understands all of my reasons. I was really worried when I had my IUD taken out and I put all my trust in him LOL!!!

I think you need to really think about wether you want to start over and if this is for you or for him.

I was just talking to him and he basically said if it happened, he would be psyched but if not, he is happy with the two girls he has....

I guess we will just leave things as they are, as I pretty much feel the same...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #326
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was just talking to him and he basically said if it happened, he would be psyched but if not, he is happy with the two girls he has....

I guess we will just leave things as they are, as I pretty much feel the same...
It sounds like you have a good man there.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #327
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

I agree

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #328
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Oh Candace

I don't think your promise has anything to do with it.

I think you should tell your DH so that you are not alone in your thoughts and worries. He can be your rock, whether you decide to go full on TTC or not.

After having 3 kids in 3 years, it took 5 more years to get my beautiful princess , and that was with actively TTC. It was not easy and we did have several losses along the way. In fact, we had given up when I found out I was pregnant with her

I wish you the best, and know that you have your RC peeps to come to anytime you need us
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Next up.... Mar 14 - BC

Old 11-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #329
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I take way to long to post. Just saw this. I think this is a great plan. Best of luck to your family.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #330
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Oh Candace

I don't think your promise has anything to do with it.

I think you should tell your DH so that you are not alone in your thoughts and worries. He can be your rock, whether you decide to go full on TTC or not.

After having 3 kids in 3 years, it took 5 more years to get my beautiful princess , and that was with actively TTC. It was not easy and we did have several losses along the way. In fact, we had given up when I found out I was pregnant with her

I wish you the best, and know that you have your RC peeps to come to anytime you need us
He is a wonderful man....really, I am so lucky.

I guess if we are both on the same page with things than its all good....thank you guys for all the support.

PAST TRIPS:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: