Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #2776
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Well, from images on the computer, it kind of looks like we could be at a hotel here....just down the street near a McDonald's, if you know what I mean. Just in an ordinary area with Joe Blow's construction office next door.

The other hotel is in a very historic area, and it seems as though we could just take a walk out the door and go exploring. It looks like we are in another city....and getting a real feel for it maybe? I don't know, we are going to decide tonight.
Well, if the one in the historic area is in the budget, I would do that one. My sister's law firm had renting a bunch of rooms at a historic Fort Worth hotel, close to the courthouse while their case was at trial. Well, the case closed earlier than they thought, and the hotel refused to give their money back. My sister, being awesome as she is, offered us a couple of rooms for the weekend. We didn't take the kids, since the hotel has no pool, and we had a night out by ourselves. It was so cool to stay at such a historic hotel, and be right in the downtown area. We were able to just walk out and explore. The hotel we stayed at, was the same hotel JFK stayed in the night before he was assassinated. If that's the kind of thing you could do with the more expensive hotel, and it wasn't a budget buster, I say go for it.

Quote:
Thanks Wookie, you have me thinking again!!
uh-oh

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #2777
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

At home today with a sick kiddo. (Bronchitis per the doc coupled with her normal cold-induced asthma.) She cried when I told her I was keeping her home from school. I'm not really sure she's my child?

Hugs to my RC pals.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #2778
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
How adorable this is cutie!!!!

OMG how cute is that puppy??? Love him Linda! Thanks for posting Christine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Beautiful, hahahahahaha

Love the snow pics! Has any of it melted yet? That is more snow that I can even imagine. Our schools were closed two weeks ago for an inch (it was ice but still....)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Wookie: My was omitted from the previous reply. That's all for BC, by the way. Because I can't do that enough for BC. Did you ever find a way to get the DisBoards app on your Kindle?

~~------------------------~~

So, what do you experts think about kids at California Grill? (Sorta related, Miss M had a really nice time at Bluezoo.) I might-maybe try for an ADR at CG on our arrival night.
We saw lots of kids at CG during our last trip. We were kidless because mine decided they wanted to go to MK while dh and I ate dinner. What? You want Daddy and I to have a romantic dinner all by ourselves? You prefer to eat at Columbia Harbor House? Seriously? I mean, if you insist!
Quote:
Here's what we've got planned.....3 night cruise to Bahamas on the Disney Dream...leaving 2/20/14....then, the parks 2/23/14-3/2/14 (resort TBD).

I think I may be putting the deposit on the cruise this week!!!!!

The cruise is DH requirement.
So happy for you. That sounds like a fabulous vacation! I am thinking about a cruise for this summer but it won't be Disney. So - on the APs do you get any kind of deal to renew them? Or would you just wait and buy new ones next year which would cover your 2014 and 2015 trips?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So I was playing around on other threads and happened to find this link for comparing using the DP and paying out of pocket. Here it is if anyone is interested.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13605377727882
I can't get the link to work? But I want to play with it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveofus-la View Post
Why can't I make a single definitive decision for my upcoming trip!? I have changed my reservation 3 times in the last 4 wks, and I still dont have the room I wanted, but I'm getting closer! My sister is tagging along with my family of 4 and the resorts seem limited for 5+. As of now, we're staying at POR, but now I'm considering Wyndham Bonnet Creek if I can't get a room in the Spring discount category at POR. WWYD?

The reasons I wanted to stay onsite are kinda going out the window! Extra Hours...am I really REALLY going to be lugging my 6 yr old around the MK at 1AM? Dining Plan...after looking at menus some table svc restaurants that I wanted to try, I don't think my 16 yr old is going to do more than pick at a roll or something and $55 is a little much for a roll

My DH doesn't want to hear anything about Disney unless HE asks the question, and he said he'll ask where we're staying once we arrive in Orlando!

Does WBC feel detached from WDW or is it just the same if I'm not doing meal plans and dragging my sleeping kiddo through the parks after hours?
welcome! I probably wouldn't do offsite again but it isn't because we didn't have a blast when we were. I just like being totally immersed like MM said. We get on Magic Express and never have to drive etc. For us, that is true vacation since I feel like all we do is drive everywhere at home.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 02-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #2779
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout
At home today with a sick kiddo. (Bronchitis per the doc coupled with her normal cold-induced asthma.) She cried when I told her I was keeping her home from school. I'm not really sure she's my child?

Hugs to my RC pals.
OH NO!!! I hope she feels better soon!!!! As for school, don't worry one day she will cry that you are making her go

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #2780
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well, from images on the computer, it kind of looks like we could be at a hotel here....just down the street near a McDonald's, if you know what I mean. Just in an ordinary area with Joe Blow's construction office next door.

The other hotel is in a very historic area, and it seems as though we could just take a walk out the door and go exploring. It looks like we are in another city....and getting a real feel for it maybe? I don't know, we are going to decide tonight.

Thanks Wookie, you have me thinking again!!
Hi. I've stayed at the Omni it was very nice Ruth's Chris steak house there is amazing.. Some others the Lennox, the Fairmont Copley, Copley Place Marriott, Intercontinental,
North End is my favorite place to dine so many restaurants, and Mikes Pastry shoppe, The Oyster house is in fanueuil Hall very historic, the legal seafoods near aquarium is delic.,
Duck tour very good you can catch from Science museum or the Prudential.
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 02-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #2781
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hugs to my RC pals.

Big hugs from all of us for Miss M! Hope she feels better soon, let't all just keep thinking that spring is just around the corner.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #2782
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

Hugs to my RC pals.
That is great you have a child that loves going to school that much.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #2783
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hugs to my RC pals.
Miss, sorry Miss M is not well, poor baby....is she on a nebulizer?? Hope she is better soon!!

And as Melissa posted, one day it will be totally different!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #2784
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
Hi. I've stayed at the Omni it was very nice Ruth's Chris steak house there is amazing.. Some others the Lennox, the Fairmont Copley, Copley Place Marriott, Intercontinental,
North End is my favorite place to dine so many restaurants, and Mikes Pastry shoppe, The Oyster house is in fanueuil Hall very historic, the legal seafoods near aquarium is delic.,
Duck tour very good you can catch from Science museum or the Prudential.

Thanks! This is all very helpful! I am loving the sounds of all the fab food!

Wow a lot of us are posting at the same time!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #2785
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the kiddo well-wishes, ladies... and thanks for the warning that this too shall pass (the overwhelming desire to be at school instead of at home with boring mommy ).

All of the talk from the Boston experts has me huuuuuuun-gry; you guys are killin' me. <insert tummy grumble here> Let us know what hotel you decide on Jen. I really want to visit Boston one day. Do a Boston trip report for us!

Lacey: Wow, I can't even begin to imagine what a night out like that would feel like... I'd probably have thought I was living in an alternate universe.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #2786
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Frantic!!! In an amazing way!!!!

Posting from my phone so forgive the brevity....long story short, I was just contacted by the assistant GM of the YC/BC and I think there will be some pixie dust in our future!!!! I can't even believe this!!!!

Basically, I wrote a letter (not thinking anyone would read it) and they DID!!! And are responding and I feel like I'm gonna pass out!!!

More later....I'm at gymnastics with he little one.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 02-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #2787
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Miss - Hope DD gets better very quickly! Btw, I lol'ed at the comment the other day about the 3:30am wake-up. Poor mama!

Mousemommy -

Jenny - Your Boston trips sounds like it's shaping up nicely! How awesome that RCers can exchange knowledge of things outside of the Mouse! This group is the BEST!

Hello to everyone else. Sorry I've been a bit MIA. I've been reading here and there, but too busy to post.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #2788
pas130
DIS Veteran

Posting from my cell to wish Miss M some get well super speedy fast pixie dust!! And hugs for her mommy

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 02-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #2789
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Thanks for the kiddo well-wishes, ladies... and thanks for the warning that this too shall pass (the overwhelming desire to be at school instead of at home with boring mommy ).

All of the talk from the Boston experts has me huuuuuuun-gry; you guys are killin' me. <insert tummy grumble here> Let us know what hotel you decide on Jen. I really want to visit Boston one day. Do a Boston trip report for us!
Hopefully she will bounce back quickly, like children usually do.

Quote:
Posting from my phone so forgive the brevity....long story short, I was just contacted by the assistant GM of the YC/BC and I think there will be some pixie dust in our future!!!! I can't even believe this!!!!

Basically, I wrote a letter (not thinking anyone would read it) and they DID!!! And are responding and I feel like I'm gonna pass out!!!

More later....I'm at gymnastics with he little one.
I've got my and all ready for the wait.

Well I thought I had slipped into a parallel universe early or my fil is a pod person. He was actually apologizing to the mil for something. I was so shocked to actually hear the words, "I'm sorry" come out of his mouth that I didn't hear what he said after. I know he said "I'm sorry" several times while he was talking to her.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #2790
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Ok first....here's hoping for a quick recovery for Miss M!!!
Sick kids are no fun.

Ok, so, where do I start....well, you guys know that our non-Disney loving friends are now joining us for a good portion of our trip....

I am super happy, because we love them...and they are starting to get excited about the trip...but, I am slightly stressed because I want the trip to be perfect so that they will be lovers too.

My BFF is already spending a lot of money on this trip, and NOT telling her DH how much...she would love to upgrade to CL with us but that would be REALLY, REALLY bad....so, I went from wishing for a magical upgrade for them to actively trying to make it happen (though she has said that if there is a room available upon check in, she'll just pay for it at that time)....

So, I had our reservations linked in the Disney system. I have made a few reservations for all 9 of us through IPO and they have had no problems doing that....

And, a couple of weeks ago, I sent a handwritten letter to the GM of the YC/BC explaining the situation and that I want this trip to be perfect for my friends so they will love Disney as much as us....I never expected a response....just figured I could know I did everything possible...

Well, today I was at work and got a missed call on my cell with a 407 area code...I knew it was Orlando!!! No message....
I called the number back and got a lovely lady at the "front desk" of the YC who had no idea who called me...

Got home...missed call from WALT DISNEY WORLD!!! No message!!!

I was going crazy!!! Then I got an email....from the asst. GM at YC/BC...letting me know that they got my letter and appreciate my mission and want to help. He/she (can't tell from the name) said they will personally make sure that the trip is magical and then asked a bunch of questions about our group....specifically asking if we were family or just friends and whether we would mind connected or same rooms????

I don't know what this all means but he/she said that they will be in touch and that they were very excited for our arrival!!!

I don't want to get my hopes up, but it sounds good, right????

Now, I'm all

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: