Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #256
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hey everybody! No time to catch up first.... forgive me this once?

I finally told DH the actual cost of the GF and after he picked his jaw back up off of the floor he hemmed and hawed a bit before sputtering out "Um, if you want to keep it, uh, you never spend any money on yourself, um, well, maybe we should change...."

I'm changing. The question is, to where? I'm leaning towards ponying up for the 1 nt Dolphin cancellation fee and just doing POR for our first 3 nights. This will still save almost 1K.

Bye-Bye NYE fireworks

Sorry Sarah, we can still meet up later in the week with Miss, right?
Oh you! I loved POR... that sounds like a wonderful compromise, especially with that savings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Having some health issues with the clinical trial, those side effects . Taking me off the drugs for the week and doing some tests. It's nice with the holiday to feel more like myself!
Glad they're letting you enjoy your Thanksgiving. Will they be adjusting things to hopefully lessen the side effects?

You are our Ever-Positive Pioneer Woman.

Quote:
miss, I think cooking the turkey correctly is the worst part of Thanksgiving I say forget the bird and we should all do what DetTigsGal is doing. Let WDW do Thanksigivng!!!
I can't seem to manage -- for whatever reason -- to get turkeys to thaw properly. I took the darned thing out on Friday evening! Oh boy. I'm contemplating just sticking a popsicle stick in it if it doesn't work this year. It's in the brine now, so fingers crossed.

Quote:
i heart, I will come visit no matter where you end up! And of course I have to see Miss! If you are both at the BC, I can come there!
I'm cheating on our BC, don't tell! (YC this time!) We just can't seem to tear ourselves away from the area.

Quote:
Grumpy Grandma, Tuesday, 1/8, what kind of mischief are we going to get into?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So....after all the build up to these parent/teacher meetings, all went....well! Both older girls are doing well, and the teacher in question only had good things to say and even invited me in to do volunteering!. We touched on the scissor subject, and I see it from her point of view a bit better too. It's all good, sorry for the anti-climactic ending ladies!

Thanks for all the support though.
Phew! I'm glad it was all some extra-curricular mommy-worrying -- which we all do so well. Your girlies ROCK!

Quote:
I just got off the phone with a friend who is planning a trip for Aug 2013, and she asks me "if we book our trip now, can we change anything we want about
it?" I reassured her that yes, any changes can be made. Exxxxcellent....another future RCer.....
Bahahaha, in my mind I read that in a slightly evil way... "Exxxxxcellent"

Quote:
Miss: what is this brining of the turkey you speak of???
As long as you actually thaw the turkey properly unlike some people ( ) and let it brine for a couple of days beforehand, it makes a huge difference to the meat. Shortens the cooking time and it is so. unbelievably. moist. When I first started doing it, I went from, of all the things on the plate, liking turkey the least to having it be my almost-favourite. It's a lot of effort in prep but it makes a lovely turkey in the end. (I use a variation of Alton Brown's recipe.) Extra bonus no faffing about basting either.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #257
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
WOW!! am I ever behind You're at AKL now, for April??!! if so, be prepared to fall in love AGAIN it's amazingly beautiful there! and PS....I'll throw a stick in the plans.....I am one who thinks savanah view is DEFINITELY worth it at AKL oh.....and CL too the very best experience!
AKL baby!!!! Alas, the only way I'm doing CL is if I get a bonus or a magical pixie dust upgrade. I'm sure we will be perfectly happy with our pool view. Even with our beloved castle view at WL, I only went on the balcony once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
So in my crazy life of, well lets just say crap, kiddos brought home thier report cards today....for the first time in a while we have ALL A's and B's They are both so smart (espeically my little genius aspie DS) but thier issues get in the way of good grades and we have always accepted it, but it is so nice to see them working even harder this year and it paying off! I am a proud mama today

Oh and transfered my Dis Visa rewards out today and loaded up my rewards card with $743 That was only 3 months worth of purchases but it included our bonus period, so that upgrade definitely paid for itself!!!!

Thankful for no school and homework the rest of the week, hopefully DH comes home in a better mood tonight

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Melissa
Yay!!!! For the kiddos doing well in school!!!

Quote:
Hey everybody! No time to catch up first.... forgive me this once?

I finally told DH the actual cost of the GF and after he picked his jaw back up off of the floor he hemmed and hawed a bit before sputtering out "Um, if you want to keep it, uh, you never spend any money on yourself, um, well, maybe we should change...."

I'm changing. The question is, to where? I'm leaning towards ponying up for the 1 nt Dolphin cancellation fee and just doing POR for our first 3 nights. This will still save almost 1K.

Bye-Bye NYE fireworks

Sorry Sarah, we can still meet up later in the week with Miss, right?
What about AKL?!?!?!

Quote:
to everyone!

miss, I think cooking the turkey correctly is the worst part of Thanksgiving I say forget the bird and we should all do what DetTigsGal is doing. Let WDW do Thanksigivng!!!

DetTigsGal, sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Isn't it great when the kids grow up and you can relax and enjoy the resort?!
Thanks for checking in!

jenny, hope the Teacher's conferences go well. Can't help you on the teacher issue, I am so past that stage and what is appropriate...but if you want my 2 cents, it sounds over the top to me.

i heart, I will come visit no matter where you end up! And of course I have to see Miss! If you are both at the BC, I can come there!

pas, you know my vote, the GF. However, I have to say I love the Epcot area and SAB is fabulous. Here's hoping for good discounts!

mousemommy, I give up...no resort for you on the RC list until you hold onto the room for a week!!!

Congrats to everyone of their children's report cards!!! Sounds like the kiddos are doing well

Having some health issues with the clinical trial, those side effects . Taking me off the drugs for the week and doing some tests. It's nice with the holiday to feel more like myself!
Darn!! Am I grounded?!?!?

I hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Sarah: Aw I am sorry to hear you are having yucky side effects. I don't like that at all.

Iheartthemouse: POR all the way!! I am all for saving $1000 dollars, and as long as you are at Disney that's all that matters!

Miss: what is this brining of the turkey you speak of???

I just got off the phone with a friend who is planning a trip for Aug 2013, and she asks me "if we book our trip now, can we change anything we want about
it?" I reassured her that yes, any changes can be made. Exxxxcellent....another future RCer.....

So....after all the build up to these parent/teacher meetings, all went....well! Both older girls are doing well, and the teacher in question only had good things to say and even invited me in to do volunteering!. We touched on the scissor subject, and I see it from her point of view a bit better too. It's all good, sorry for the anti-climactic ending ladies!

Glad the conference went well!!!

Just got back from gymnastics and a birthday dinner for DD6!!!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!!! She appreciates it!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #258
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies...finally called today & put a deposit on WL, woods vw for next August. My girls asked if that was where we were definitely staying for which I replied "yes....for now anyways"

Wanted to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving! I will be traveling an hour and a half tomorrow night to spend Thanksgiving with the out-laws....ooops, meant to say in-laws . Honestly, love my mother-in-law and all of my DH's siblings...there's just that one sister-in-law (the wife of one of his brothers) who seems to get under everyone's skin with her "I know everything, you know nothing attitude!" But hey, I always try & look at the bright side of things....at least we only have to deal with her a couple of times a year (we live the farthest away) and thank goodness for alcohol for the times we do have to deal with her

Old 11-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #259
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Mousemommy - AKL? I wish. I priced it out but it's just as bad as GF with getting 2 rooms. Never again am I booking a trip that includes holiday pricing and no discounts.

So did you upgrade? CL comes with savannah view you know.

Jenny - Glad the conferences went well! My DS9 had an scissors situation in kindy. There was a hair cutting incident and the teacher took all the kids scissors away for the rest of the year since nobody fessed up! Poor kids had to neatly tear everything out and it really bugges most of them because it took twice as long and always looked horrible.

DetTigsGal - Sounds like you are having a relaxing trip!

Jungle Cruiser - Miss and I are both at YC, but I'm willing to meet up anywhere! I really hope you start feeling better soon. I'm sorry the side effects aren't so good.

babyberger - Yay for great report cards and major Disney Rewards money!

Miss - Your turkey talk is killing me! I've brined pork before but never turkey. I'll have to try it. Sounds awesome!

Helloooo to all I missed. have a great night!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #260
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mousemommy - AKL? I wish. I priced it out but it's just as bad as GF with getting 2 rooms. Never again am I booking a trip that includes holiday pricing and no discounts.

So did you upgrade? CL comes with savannah view you know.

Jenny - Glad the conferences went well! My DS9 had an scissors situation in kindy. There was a hair cutting incident and the teacher took all the kids scissors away for the rest of the year since nobody fessed up! Poor kids had to neatly tear everything out and it really bugges most of them because it took twice as long and always looked horrible.

DetTigsGal - Sounds like you are having a relaxing trip!

Jungle Cruiser - Miss and I are both at YC, but I'm willing to meet up anywhere! I really hope you start feeling better soon. I'm sorry the side effects aren't so good.

babyberger - Yay for great report cards and major Disney Rewards money!

Miss - Your turkey talk is killing me! I've brined pork before but never turkey. I'll have to try it. Sounds awesome!

Helloooo to all I missed. have a great night!
Hahahahahaha! No upgrades! I'm excited about our little pool view. That way I don't feel pressured to sit there and stare at something that I don't feel like looking at just because I'm paying for it.

And honestly, I really don't know if I'll ever be able to book CL again...not to sound like a broken record but we just did not utilize it enough to justify doing it again...and at AKL, I think we'd be even less inclined to travel back to the resort to get the benefits out of CL....but you know with me, never say never.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #261
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hahahahahaha! No upgrades! I'm excited about our little pool view. That way I don't feel pressured to sit there and stare at something that I don't feel like looking at just because I'm paying for it.

And honestly, I really don't know if I'll ever be able to book CL again...not to sound like a broken record but we just did not utilize it enough to justify doing it again...and at AKL, I think we'd be even less inclined to travel back to the resort to get the benefits out of CL....but you know with me, never say never.
Never say never. Truth for an RC'er.

I do like to hear you on CL though. It helps keep me thinking. I would be dumping CL at YC but my hotels.com ressie is only costing me $70 more then the cheapest room available now so there really isn't any savings to lose it.

Unfortunately, I'm in a keep GF/Dolphin mood again.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #262
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
to everyone!

DetTigsGal, sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Isn't it great when the kids grow up and you can relax and enjoy the resort?!
Thanks for checking in!

jenny, hope the Teacher's conferences go well. Can't help you on the teacher issue, I am so past that stage and what is appropriate...but if you want my 2 cents, it sounds over the top to me.

pas, you know my vote, the GF. However, I have to say I love the Epcot area and SAB is fabulous. Here's hoping for good discounts!

mousemommy, I give up...no resort for you on the RC list until you hold onto the room for a week!!!

Congrats to everyone of their children's report cards!!! Sounds like the kiddos are doing well

Sarah so hope you feel better real soon .... but to look on the bright side as you always do .... at least you'll enjoy Thanksgiving!

As for mischief ... you created a monster ... before my last trip you told me how much you enjoy the breakfast at GF Cafe so I gave it a try ... well needless to say I am hooked! It's now my favorite breakfast. I know we have an ADR there later in the week but maybe we could also eat there on Tues???? Other than that I was thinking maybe we'd make it a laid back day .... you'll have had a busy week with your DD and I won't get to the resort Monday until after 11 pm after flying all day. Any ideas????

Quote:

So I know I told you how much I enjoy having my morning coffee on the balcony watching the animals but as crazy as it sounds I love the pool view at AK Jambo. The lights on the water at night are just beautiful!!

Last edited by Grumpy Grandma; 11-20-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:33 AM   #263
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Sarah so hope you feel better real soon .... but to look on the bright side as you always do .... at least you'll enjoy Thanksgiving!

As for mischief ... you created a monster ... before my last trip you told me how much you enjoy the breakfast at GF Cafe so I gave it a try ... well needless to say I am hooked! It's now my favorite breakfast. I know we have an ADR there later in the week but maybe we could also eat there on Tues???? Other than that I was thinking maybe we'd make it a laid back day .... you'll have had a busy week with your DD and I won't get to the resort Monday until after 11 pm after flying all day. Any ideas????

So I know I told you how much I enjoy having my morning coffee on the balcony watching the animals but as crazy as it sounds I love the pool view at AK Jambo. The lights on the water at night are just beautiful!!
I've seen pictures of the pool at AKL at night, and honestly it looks like a tropical oasis. Just beautiful.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #264
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning to All!

Candace...so hoping you stick with AKL....and here's something to entice you a bit more

Jenny....so glad the conference went well and both girls are doing great

to everyone!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 11-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #265
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning to All!

Candace...so hoping you stick with AKL....and here's something to entice you a bit more

Jenny....so glad the conference went well and both girls are doing great

to everyone!
Heather

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #266
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

hstrickland - Gorgeous pix! I can't wait to stay at AKL someday!

Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #267
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
You're at AKL now, for April??
Let's throw in some pool pictures shall we Marie...the Flamingo pond by the pool ..

Quote:

Ugh, sorry to hear it was a bust Boys love thier mommies and sometimes daddy just doesnt cut it. Maybe when he is a bit older you can sneak away. I left the kiddos with DH for a girls weekend up in MA one year and I was so worried I barely relaxed. I know my kiddos are a handful and not easy to deal with, especially when you arent used to the routines.

I am no help, never stayed at GF and DH has absolutely no interest in staying there. So I guess by default my vote is for YC, which we LOVE
We had a wonderful time, but I am sorry DH was so stressed on his boys' time

We are split on the decision this far...I received an offer from a travel company...gasp...I know, so I put in for a quote. It was for easter week so it wasn't a fantastic rate. I declined and said we'd be going in August....the rates are OVER 40% OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GF GV~me, DD5, DS11...yes,yes,yes

or YC/BC SV or SV CL~HRH CL of course..DD6 and DH want SAB

I can get CL at YC or BC for $20 more than GF GV...should be a no brainer right
Quote:
So in my crazy life of, well lets just say crap, kiddos brought home thier report cards today....for the first time in a while we have ALL A's and B's

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Melissa
You had a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Congrats mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Ok, caught up while I lounge by the pool. This am was AK.. did Everest 2x with the safari in the middle, caught flights of wonder and we headed back. I'm hanging out...DH and DS15 went to the studios to do rock and roller..,DS 19 went over to MK to meet a friend from college before we all meet at Trails End for dinner.

DS15's report card came today..honors for him but a couple more B's than he likes, but he did like the A- in French 3 honors
Have a good rest of your day
So glad you are relaxing!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss I started my brine today!!!!!!!! We also usually end up with a turkeysicle

sarahSorry about the side effects but a drug free Thansgiving is a good thing I am SO torn...I want GF, and the boat to MK....but YC..the kids would love SAB, and the snack room

And a TA..... but it's almost like getting 2 rooms for the price of one

Where's janet???the voice of reason???
Quote:
So....after all the build up to these parent/teacher meetings, all went....well! Both older girls are doing well, and the teacher in question only had good things to say and even invited me in to do volunteering! We touched on the scissor subject, and I see it from her point of view a bit better too. It's all good, sorry for the anti-climactic ending ladies!

Anti-climatic is good!!!!!Jen I am glad it went well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Oh you! I loved POR... that sounds like a wonderful compromise, especially with that savings.

I agree (and I am SO not the voice of reason)
Quote:
Just got back from gymnastics and a birthday dinner for DD6!!!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!!! She appreciates it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Hello ladies...finally called today & put a deposit on WL, woods vw for next August. My girls asked if that was where we were definitely staying for which I replied "yes....for now anyways"
Yay for WL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wanted to say that before I forgot...)

Quote:
Never say never. Truth for an RC'er.

I do like to hear you on CL though. It helps keep me thinking. I would be dumping CL at YC but my hotels.com ressie is only costing me $70 more then the cheapest room available now so there really isn't any savings to lose it.

Unfortunately, I'm in a keep GF/Dolphin mood again.
Oh boy....

Quote:
I've seen pictures of the pool at AKL at night, and honestly it looks like a tropical oasis. Just beautiful.
It is amazing Candace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
to everyone!
Heather
Heather
Old 11-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #268
gwynne
DIS Veteran

An early Happy Thanksgiving to all the RC friends.

I am formulating our plan for 2013 (I gotta be planning something) and a split seems most likely. We both have three days park hoppers that are good till the end of Sept. I'm kinda thinking we'll do 3 nights AKL followed by 4 nights at the Yacht Club.
I can't add on days to these tickets, but I might buy a one day one park for us and visit the Animal Kingdom while we're near.
It would mean we'll miss food and wine next year, but that's ok. It will be there the year after.

Heather-Love the AKL pictures!

JC-Hope you have a lovely, restful Thanksgiving.

MM-Will CRO have the rest of the week off, or will they be receiving a call??

Miss-I am having fun following along on your steps to a delicious turkey!

Melissa-I totally agree with you about Yacht Club. It is fabulous!

Pas-It's always fun to follow along with the trip planning and changes with Pas and company.

DetTigsGal-Enjoy your pool time, sounds wonderful!

That's about all from here. Waving hi to friends I missed, hope everyone has a great day!

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 11-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #269
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Just wanted to stop by to wish my RC Family a Happy Thanksgiving

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #270
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Just poppin' by to say...

In the spirit of tomorrow, I'm so very thankful for my RCing gals. All of you are tremendously wonderful women and I'm lucky to be a part of this thread.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: