Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #2551
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Just wanted to check in now and try my best to catch up, Yes I am behind again trying to overcome another of my funk periods(the 1 yr anniversary of my DS Shawn's day Feb 13 is fast approaching)

Still have not booked our F&W trip yet but have discussed the dates more with Bob, leaning towards early Nov for the cooler temps hopefully will just have to avoid the last weekend as I know the crowds at F&W are crazy with it also being Veteren's Day. Poly is still #1, CR TPV is under consideration

It started snowing here about 8am and everything is already covered praying the power stays on.

Everyone in Nemo's path stay safe and warm
Sheila I remembered that Shawn's anniversary is next week , we are here for you my friend...
Be safe and warm too... so hope you don't lose power...we are getting rain and more rain .... supposed to be sleet at times, but our area is not getting hit with the snow accumulations... only up to 4 inches.
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #2552
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Pas: *AND* HRH plays the violin? Yep, I think I was right about the RC family being full of musical prodigies. I'm sorry you'll be stuck at work.

Janet: Your suggestion to have Pas tell her DH about the December trip on Dec. 1st...
Janet has wonderful ideas... Or maybe I can tell him after I buy him a LapuLapu...he LOVES those

I will try to get a good HRH pic Tuesday night
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #2553
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,301

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
All good Jen! You can add on at the resort or Guest Services!!!

Sounds fun!!!

I am in a work funk myself....I just keep swimming, just keep swimming

I (for today) am OK with not being CL...we really don't need it...

It's Jersey Week!! Kids are off Tues, Thurs & Fri...andI plan to head home BEFORE the weekend (although depending on the 1st MVMCP...I MAY add a night)
I remember one of our best ever trips was Jersey week. We had planned for F&W and of course Halloween party but then wait .... my grandson and I figured out if we only added on another couple of days it was time for the Christmas party!!! And that's how our trip became 18 days!!! Is it any surprise that this is the grandson who is now a CM at WDW?!?!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #2554
padawans
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I'm glad your getting a good laugh out of it. I'm still Club level at Universal. I'm just a little short( money) of where I want to be heading into this trip. At the moment it's Universal vs YC Cl and Universal won. I will never say never to Cl. I still have 2 months to make money and change my mind multiple times.
padawans is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #2555
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I remember one of our best ever trips was Jersey week. We had planned for F&W and of course Halloween party but then wait .... my grandson and I figured out if we only added on another couple of days it was time for the Christmas party!!! And that's how our trip became 18 days!!! Is it any surprise that this is the grandson who is now a CM at WDW?!?!
Our last Jersey Week was at FWC, it was so much fun!!!!! And the weather was beautiful I think you DGS is awesome...like his grandmother

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I'm glad your getting a good laugh out of it. I'm still Club level at Universal. I'm just a little short( money) of where I want to be heading into this trip. At the moment it's Universal vs YC Cl and Universal won. I will never say never to Cl. I still have 2 months to make money and change my mind multiple times.
I looked and it would save me bunches to switch to Universal either RPR or HRH CL...but not exactly a good home base for WDW
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #2556
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,766

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I'm glad your getting a good laugh out of it. I'm still Club level at Universal. I'm just a little short( money) of where I want to be heading into this trip. At the moment it's Universal vs YC Cl and Universal won. I will never say never to Cl. I still have 2 months to make money and change my mind multiple times.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #2557
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,752

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I'm glad your getting a good laugh out of it. I'm still Club level at Universal. I'm just a little short( money) of where I want to be heading into this trip. At the moment it's Universal vs YC Cl and Universal won. I will never say never to Cl. I still have 2 months to make money and change my mind multiple times.

Quoted the wrong message but yes I am going to run a few numbers and see which is best. We are going for 4 or 5 days in Nov so you could be right about the AP's.
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #2558
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
PAS I go through periods where I love to work, and periods where I start to wonder if it's all worth it.
Yep, that's me too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I am in a work funk myself....I just keep swimming, just keep swimming

I (for today) am OK with not being CL...we really don't need it...

It's Jersey Week!! Kids are off Tues, Thurs & Fri...andI plan to head home BEFORE the weekend (although depending on the 1st MVMCP...I MAY add a night)
Pas, remember your mantra .... Can't wait to find out last MNSSHP, and is Sam is off Mon/Tues. We need to set up lunch or dinner, to get you out of your funk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Janet: Your suggestion to have Pas tell her DH about the December trip on Dec. 1st...
Miss, was thinking Pas could say she was just coming to stay with me a few days....although I do like Pas' suggestion that she get up to go to work and head to the airport instead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
AI'm hearing rumors that some of the RCers might be at WDW the first week of Nov .... or that's at least a maybe! Since I've decided that a spring trip is just out of the question (too much puppy training going on) I've been checking on a little trip for DH and I .... and maybe DD too. Sounds like a good week for you and Bob too!
Mama Linda!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
My DD's have emptied every craft material possible onto my kitchen table and then attempted to clean it up, worked together to do it too. Now they are outside jumping on eachother in the snow. My house is a mess, but I don't care!! Which is weird for me. I am trying to change my ways...really. They are not fighting and are just having fun.

My mom called and I told her what was going on over here, and she said "You are so lucky". And she is right! Messes don't matter.
Jen, you have your priorities straight... it's why my house is always messy!! Enjoy the day with your girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I am so very proud of her. With her anxiety..this is huge! She also signed up for chorus, her idea...she CAN carry a tune (unlike her momma)
So happy for HRH too!! ... And Pas, I can't carry a tune either... Get pix of our royal highness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
DS12 is still my cuddlemuffin...but the tude is in full force !!!
it's the age.... they start thinking they know everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
She's so funny...she said they sound horrible...outta the mouths of babes
Love Bree

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

I meant you may be in Nov...I am SO going
Is that a pinky swear???

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I was actually thinking maybe Busch Gardens and Space Center. Something different? I think I'm suffering from work burnout more than WDW burnout. I'm really starting to think I need to go back to working part time for a few months, and scale back on my spending. I'm taking all of next week off for a little staycation. I haven't done that in a long time. 6 days without the alarm clock going off at 4:30am. I can't wait.
Like both your BG or Space Center ideas... And a little me time is just what the doctor (or nurse ) ordered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2munchkins View Post
completely off topic...just have to see if I'm the only one... my kids think I'm crazy. Everytime I see the super bowl commercial. You know the you just won the super bowl ... I'm going to Disney World one. I get goose bumps... my kids think it's so funny... I know I can't be alone here right?!?!
Me too...my DD always say.. Mom are you crying?? I'm just a sap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Twist my arm... I mean... send me some dates and I will do my best to be there. It's tough work, but someone has to be the Official RC Florida greeter to Piano Bob-dom.
And you are the perfect candidate!! Will email you dates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post

So RCers, I bought DH a Richard Petty driving experience for his bday, which falls (with our anniversary) when we are at WDW soon. Hope he likes it! Hope his insurance is paid up!
Excellent!! Does he know about it yet??
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #2559
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2
 
MAGIC...itis!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?
Posts: 693

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Just wanted to check in now and try my best to catch up, Yes I am behind again trying to overcome another of my funk periods(the 1 yr anniversary of my DS Shawn's day Feb 13 is fast approaching)

Still have not booked our F&W trip yet but have discussed the dates more with Bob, leaning towards early Nov for the cooler temps hopefully will just have to avoid the last weekend as I know the crowds at F&W are crazy with it also being Veteren's Day. Poly is still #1, CR TPV is under consideration

It started snowing here about 8am and everything is already covered praying the power stays on.

Everyone in Nemo's path stay safe and warm
Sheila, you are so often in my thoughts and prayers. Yes, Shawn's day will be here quite soon. I pray this coming week passes moderately and with grace. And remember, we are all here for you.
__________________
MAGIC...itis!
........
MAGIC...itis! is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #2560
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Pas, remember your mantra .... Can't wait to find out last MNSSHP, and is Sam is off Mon/Tues. We need to set up lunch or dinner, to get you out of your funk!!



Miss, was thinking Pas could say she was just coming to stay with me a few days....although I do like Pas' suggestion that she get up to go to work and head to the airport instead...

So happy for HRH too!! ... And Pas, I can't carry a tune either... Get pix of our royal highness!



it's the age.... they start thinking they know everything!



Love Bree



Is that a pinky swear???


Totally coming to florida BFF!!! I DO pass the airport going to work..I could claim insanity that I hopped a plane to Orlando

So....I texted DH about RPR and HRH being cheaper...but he said he likes our plans now...plus we can't drive after having Slushies now can we???
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #2561
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,092

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Sheila, you are so often in my thoughts and prayers. Yes, Shawn's day will be here quite soon. I pray this coming week passes moderately and with grace. And remember, we are all here for you.
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #2562
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,301

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Totally coming to florida BFF!!! I DO pass the airport going to work..I could claim insanity that I hopped a plane to Orlando

So....I texted DH about RPR and HRH being cheaper...but he said he likes our plans now...plus we can't drive after having Slushies now can we???
Totally coming to FL .... would this be Nov or Dec??? Say BOTH! Say BOTH!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #2563
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Totally coming to FL .... would this be Nov or Dec??? Say BOTH! Say BOTH!
BOTH!!! I am a Granny wannabe after all
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #2564
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,752

so if we were to get PH for both of our trips (not sure if we would), by buying AP we would come out ahead by about $110.

There is danger in this plan though, camping week in July would turn into WDW instead!!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #2565
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Quoted the wrong message but yes I am going to run a few numbers and see which is best. We are going for 4 or 5 days in Nov so you could be right about the AP's.
Just jumping in here really quickly. The AP discount is a tad better (I think 5% more?) then the GP discount for Spring, so that may hep your calculations! Plus I've heard there will be a ticket price increase coming soonish which would affect your Nov trip ticket cost.

We buy tickets from UT at a decent discount and then upgrade them so there is a savings to be had there too. Usually 2 trips (especially with hoppers) makes APs worth doing. Then you could even do another trip next May with no ticket cost
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.